Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Well, I guess that knocks good ol' Bluecifer out of the running, since the official name is "Mustang".

Or do unofficial names (Nightmare Horse) count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What the gently caress is that and how big is it actually? :wtc:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

What the gently caress is that and how big is it actually? :wtc:

It's a statue at our Airport (Denver International Airport). It killed the sculptor that made it, and Google says it's 9.75 meters tall in your moon units.

Also, the eyes glow red at night. I'm not joking.

It may or may not do this, as well.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

nsaP posted:

I'd shove my bike into an ice bucket challenge vid but that shits over

In my defense, it was like a week and a half ago.

Dum video

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Made a short circuit of the neighborhood. Eleven stables, two veterinary hospitals, and three farriers/groomers, and NONE of them have "horse" in the name. It was a good trip, though.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Akion posted:

It's a statue at our Airport (Denver International Airport). It killed the sculptor that made it, and Google says it's 9.75 meters tall in your moon units.

Also, the eyes glow red at night. I'm not joking.

It may or may not do this, as well.

:psyduck: how did anyone on the council or whatever think that thing was a good idea?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Slavvy posted:

:psyduck: how did anyone on the council or whatever think that thing was a good idea?

Because it's the headquarters of the New World Order, duh

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

wikipedia posted:

Conspiracists have also seen unusual markings in the terminals in DIA and have recorded them as templar markings. They have pointed to unusual words cut into the floor as being Satanic, Masonic, or some impenetrable secret code of the New World Order: Cochetopa, Sisnaajini and Dzit Dit Gaii. These words are actually Navajo terms for geographical sites in Colorado. "Braaksma" and "Villarreal" are actually the names of Carolyn Braaksma and Mark Villarreal, artists who worked on the airport's sculptures and paintings.

:allears:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

No idea, but I love it. It pisses off all the straight-laced yuppie types. I hope they add more!

We also had a 26-foot tall statue of Anubis out there.

Akion fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 4, 2014

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

A terrible pic of my lady on our Zuma in front of a terrible bar with horse in the name.

New challenge: :siren: A picture of your bike somewhere you could catch something that can't be cured with penicillin. :siren:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's too bad they had PAX last weekend :v:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Borrowing a friend's bike, she's using mine for some Gap-sponsored photo shoot.

This is the lower Duwamish in Seattle. The pollution's under control now, but the riverbanks still have toxic sediment.

There's special guidelines about things you can catch that'll give you something that can't be cleared up with penicillin.

New challenge, :siren: Something scaled up at least 4X :siren:

Kinda like these giant boots and hat.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 7, 2014

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I'd be shaming my country if I didn't do this one considering we kinda have a thing for big versions of things.

Bathurst has the Gold Panner Man, a 5m tall statue of a kneeling man panning for gold. It's about 3x the height of an average man but we can go better than that.

Oberon (about half an hour south east) has the Big Trout, an ~6m long statue of a rainbow trout. Adult rainbow trout normally grow to about 60cm long so this is about 10x the length of what it depicts.

How about :siren: a plaque showing the year you were born :siren:.

Like this one I found last month:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
So because I've been loving about with data extraction stuff for other reasons I thought I'd grab a list of all the challenges so far in the thread:

quote:

A picture of your bike in a tunnel
NEXT CHALLENGE (way easier this time): Your bike in front of a laundromat
YOUR CHALLENGE: A BOAT
take a picture outside a hip urban coffee shop with an espresso based beverage
If so, Take a pic of your bike next to an animal statue
your bike in front of a bar or pub or tavern or saloon
Pic of your bike in front of a police station e: Home now - provided it does
a sculpture or statue a sculpture or statue
post your bike on the killing floor of a slaughterhouse
How about in front of a radio station?
show me a train station . It can be abandoned, still in use, or converted to some other purpose. a hospital please your bike in front of a lake Your bike with a live animal (bonus points if not a pet type animal or if animal is interacting with bike rather than just in the same shot) Your bike Off-road
Post your bike next to water treatment equipment
A picture of your bike in it's parking space with you sitting on it in a snuggie
New Challenge: Your bike with a bridge
Next Challenge: Your bike in front of a barn your bike in front of a Zoo The next challenge is: your bike next to a river or stream
your bike on front of a power station (sub stations count)
Challenge: Your motorcycle in front of a Firetruck
Your bike in front of a graffiti mural
Your bike and an abandoned building/machine/pet.
Your bike and something from World War 2
your bike and a construction zone (road works or buildings or whatever)
air raid siren.
NEW CHALLENGE: Lets bike with the tank off. Bonus points the more you remove.
YOUR BIKE TAKING A NAP
With the most attractive member of the opposite sex you can find, SOs and partners don't count
For the next challenge, please post a picture of your bike next to an amusement park or fairground. Simon says show me your bike at a scenic overlook. It doesn't have to be an official one, anyplace up high with a nice view would be fine. Your bike doing something it wasn't designed to do Your bike at sunset, with the sun behind it
Your bike with the most ridiculous animal you can find
Let's see a memorial for a war, battle, veterans, etc.
Lesse... A bird's eye view of your bike
your ride and a major sporting event location (pro preferred)
Edit: How about Your bike with a covered bridge
Send Me A Postcard
Get high
Since I worked up quite the appetite and stopped by the local sandwich bar for a snack, show me Your bike at your local sandwich shop.
Your bike at the location of a homicide.
Show me your local brew pub/microbrewery. Let's get you guys back in the game. Go plank on your bike in your riding gear If you're worried about tipping it I guess you could plank something next to it, but like I always say, go big or go home.
Go find the most cringe-inducing, architectural excuse for a building in your town. Go find the most cringe-inducing, architectural excuse for a building in your town.
Please post a picture of your bike at a cemetery
something for sale that you can't afford
your bike next to the local "haunted" house
Your bike and some wildflowers (still growing) Your bike and some wildflowers (still growing)
Please post a picture of your bike next to the tallest building in your city/county.
Post a picture of your bike next to something NSFW.
your bike next to an old rusted car
Your bike next to renewable energy (solar/wind/hydro) How about your bike in front of government property New challenge: Your bike in front of a dealer of the opposite stereotype New challenge: Your bike in front of a dealer of the opposite stereotype
Your bike inside in front of a public payphone
Your bike with a transient/vagrant/town crazy person
Show me your bike and an old church. I'm on my mobile, ill update with sirens later.
Your bike in a camp site at a real campground
Your bike in front of a college campus library
New Challenge: Outside (or inside) an adult novelty store
New Challenge: Your bike parked next to a passing train
Please post a picture of your bike in a trailer park or your area's equivalent. post a picture of your bike in a trailer park
Your bike next to some road kill
Your bike at a waterpark/pool
Your bike under a puffy cloud.
Use your seat as your Lunch Table Fit all items upon it. For example; hot dog, chips and drink.
TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF A HIGHWAY POINT OF INTEREST SIGN
This weekend I passed a road called Whalebone Gulch. Post a funny sign. It can be a street, a business, whatever. This weekend I passed a road called Whalebone Gulch. Post a funny sign. It can be a street, a business, whatever.
Okay then, if that photo is alright Legerdemain, please post a picture of your bike next to a diner. Bonus points if it has a shiny metal exterior.
Your bike with another group of bikes (parked out front of a coffee shop on a ride with a bunch of random bikes for example)
You posed next to your bike Micromancer style
If so, Your bike next to modern abstract art If so, Your bike next to modern abstract art
Post your bike on a playground.
Your bike in front of a misspelled sign YOUR BIKE inside IN FRONT OF YOUR CITY HALL
YOUR BIKE WITH A MEMBER OF THE CLERGY
Your bike at some type of fabrication shop
Your bike next to a lesser-known landmark
your bike with the Flora/Fauna emblem of your state/territory/province etc
Your bike and your favorite riding road. Be sure your picture shows us how much fun it is.
YOUR BIKE DOING SOMETHING NON-STEREOTYPICAL FOR ITS GENRE
Your bike at a boat harbour or marina.
Your bike with a big hole
Your bike very near a domestic animal weighing more than 110lbs
Your bike with a piece of heavy machinery.
Your bike next to an aircraft.
"Adult" Store or with a product that can be purchased at them.
NEW CHALLENGE: A picture of you wearing all your gear
It's a sunny Saturday in June, time for a vacation. Show me a tourist trap.
your bike with a wicked Harley
Your bike at a playground Bonus if you're riding some of the equipment
Photograph your bike at EITHER a skate park OR in front of a sign that prohibits skateboarding.
Your next challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to strap a pizza to your bike and take it for a ride.
How about your bike with some sort of water feature? Like a man made water fall or one of those sweet city fountains?
Since it's summer, Your bike at a beach, lake, hotspring or other natural bathing spot. A pool doesn't count.
your bike next to the same model, half its age
Your bike next to a 'Welcome to ...' sign
Show me something associated with a song
your bike in front of a donut shop with a donut (the donut must be visible on the bike)
Your bike in front of your favorite local sports stadium. Explain why its your favorite
Take a picture of your bike in front of some kind of war machine
A picture of your bike with a squid and or person in a leather vest (Someone who hates gear)
A picture of your bike with one or more classic/vintage/custom vehicles. A picture of your bike with one or more classic/vintage/custom vehicles.
I will now make the challenge: A picture of your bike with TWO or more classic/vintage/custom vehicles Your bike next to a big rock face
The next challenge: Motorcycle urbex Motorcycle urbex Your bike with/in an abandoned structure. Preferably something industrial or military. Sorry if it's a repeat, too much to keep track of.
I can't think of anything creative at the moment so let's just see Your bike at an overlook
Your bike leaning against the biggest tree you can find
Show me Something big and gold that's not a car
your bike in or very near sand your bike in or very near sand
Your bike next to a riced out car / bike.
We might have done this one already, but please post a picture of your bike with groceries.
Post a picture that includes both your bike and your place of residence, but as far away from each other as possible
Next up: Your bike with a cellular/radar/water tower
Get your bike wet: wash it and take a photo when its covered in soapy water
Your bike in front of a fire station/water rescue/EMS, preferably with a fire truck,ambulance, etc in the picture.
Next challenge: Your bike in front of a video rental store that is open. Bonus points if someone is actually walking out with a movie
Your bike in front of a fire station/water rescue/EMS, preferably with a fire truck,ambulance, etc in the picture.
Your bike next to a 1 room schoolhouse
YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF A SHOOTING RANGE. BONUS POINTS GIVEN IF YOUR BIKE IS POSED WITH A GUN
Photograph your bike with an island in the background
Because it's drat hot out - Your bike in the water
Your bike next to an oversized animal
Get a knee down On your bike if you really want, but I'll accept those springy playground toys, toilets, pushbikes, etc.
New challenge: YOUR BIKE IN A TRUCK
Your bike breaking the law - Have a nice golf course nearby? Or maybe a stay off lawn sign somewhere? Or a handicap spot?
Your bike with a horse crossing sign
Next Challenge: Take your bike to some train tracks On them, next to them, near them while a train passes but get your bike out there on the rails. at a roadside market
YOUR BIKE BESIDE THE STUPIDEST SCULPTURE IN YOUR CITY*
Okay folks, your next challenge: Take a picture with your bike and your grade/high school sweetheart
New an alligator or something. New an alligator or something.
Next Challenge: Your motorcycle with an ambulance
Let's see a museum Let's see a museum
Now I wanna see two for one. Show me The Beginning and End of a Road
The headquarters of a famous company/organization
et's see an interesting bridge.
YOUR BIKE NEXT TO A FRAT HOUSE
a Sheetz Gas Station
Your Bike In Another Country
Your Bike with a member of the Armed Forces in Uniform
Your bike with a motorcycle cop
Your bike with your favorite beer
Post a picture of your bike with your favorite bottle of beer
Post Your Bike By The Sea (or the closest thing you've got to it)
Your best ATGATT shot
Show us where you bought your bike
Your bike with a lot of other bikes
Your bike at some type of race track
Your bike somewhere fitting for Halloween Your bike somewhere fitting for Halloween
Your bike and a cup of something hot. Coffee, Chili ect.
Your bike kicking fall/winter's rear end
I still want to see your poor bike all tucked away for winter
Your bike at a movie theater Your bike missing a part
Post an interesting road kludge. For example:
Your bike with a real live Santa Claus Extra credit if Santa is sitting on it.
You, sitting on your drat bike, someone should be able to do this PDQ.
Get a photo of your bike with Santa before Christmas Eve, or, after that, get a photo of your bike in the snow.
MULTI-PART those convex safety mirrors, on a security cam, etc).
Get a photo of you riding your bike.
You're bike in the winter
To cheer me up: Your bike at the beginning or end of your favourite road (the road to you/your significant other/your mom's house doesn't count unless they live at Laguna Seca)
Next challenge - Your bike at the place where you once took a spill.
your bike next to something out of season I passed some campaign signs and a house with Christmas lights still up.
The next challenge has a theme Geometry Manmade, natural, whatever.
Your bike next to a large piece of technology Your bike next to a large piece of technology
The next challenge is something larger than life. Your bike in front of the "Welcome to ______ " sign in your area
An animal on your bike. Bonus points if it's not a dog. Extra super-duper bonus points if it's wild
Your bike at a point more than 500 feet above where it lives..
Your Bike And You Being Hipsters
NEW CHALLENGE: Get a picture with some of this season's crop of new riders
Next challenge: since my offroad shortcut ended abruptly and I had to wrestle it back around for a bit your bike in front of an obstacle you'd really love to get across/around/over but can't
Next: vapor.
your bike in action
your challenge: a train in motion (have we done that yet?)
Your bike and a "milestone"
Your bike on a bridge your bike and a beautiful sunset
Your bike at a 5(or more)-way intersection You bike with a local stereotype.
Your bike parked where it definitely shouldn't be parked
Your bike parked at a sleazy motel
Your bike next to another vehicle with half OR twice as many ccs and cylinders
Goons don't have any friends
Your bike with a bit of local history
Your bike with an old factory or warehouse that is something else now.
your bike by a sign for an amusing sounding place.
Your bike in front of a sex shop
Your bike at a war memorial strip club
Your bike at an ideal first date location.
Your bike where you met your current s/o or spouse
Your bike by a local haunted/spooky historical place/landmark.
Show us your bike on your favorite road
WILDCARD Post something we haven't seen yet and call a new challenge
New challenge is Your bike and some ruins
Your bike in front of an abandoned amphitheater or arena.
your bike at the highest elevation within your state (reachable by bike, of course)
New challenge: Your bike at the bottom of the biggest cliff you can find
You're bike with a curvy road sign.
Your bike parked in front of a train.
Your challenge: Your bike entertaining children.
New challenge is: An artsy picture of your bike's shadow. New challenge Your bike stuck The And so I don't alienate anyone... If your bike can't, or you don't want to jump... take a picture next to a ski lift. Do the people posting from phones a favor, and make the challenge bold and surrounded with siren tags.
:siren : (remove the extra space)
It's been pretty hot out...Your bike with/at a nice place to cool off. The And so I don't alienate anyone... If your bike can't, or you don't want to jump... take a picture next to a ski lift.
your bike at a shop specializiing in your region's food your bike at a shop specializiing in your region's food
Your bike hanging out with a large or strange animal
Your bike silhouetted in a scenic sunset
Your bike at a distillery
YOUR BIKE PARKED IN FRONT OF A SNACK/CANDY MASS MANUFACTURING PLANT
YOUR BIKE ON TOP OF A DAM YOUR BIKE ON TOP OF A DAM
Your bike next to an animal crossing sign
Your bike in front of a waterfall.
Your bike in front of a landslide/rockfall. Your bike in front of a waterfall.
So, new challenge. Your bike near a giant fish
I'm taking it back to the beginning because I solved my own first challenge like a dick. YOUR BIKE IN A TUNNEL Your bike next to a ski lift Your bike next to a ski lift
New challenge Your lame-rear end John Deere lawn tractor.
Your bike with your official state/national _________
For your next challenge, find me an independant local coffee shop of which there is only one.
Your bike next to a sign that has a placename containing the word goon
Next one: YOUR BIKE WHERE ONLY BIKES CAN GO .
YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF SOMETHING ICONIC FOR YOUR TOWN/STATE/COUNTRY
A HISTORICAL PHOTO AND REPLICATE THE PHOTO WITH YOUR BIKE IN FRAME
New Challenge: Find bike in frame, etc. I say let's expand the challenge from bike in frame, etc. to be Any defunct company, not just cars or bikes
either a bike themed business, or local biker hangout, be it bar, restaurant, cafe, whatever. either a bike themed business, or local biker hangout, be it bar, restaurant, cafe, whatever.
Next challenge Your bike doing a burnout, or something equally irresponsible. Bonus points if you have some old dude shake his fist at you.
Show me a place where you crashed.
Take us on a photo tour of your local town/suburb.
your bike with a hydroelectric dam in the shot
a bar with a clever or ridiculous name, with your bike in front of it of course Go exploring
Since I work in wine production: Your bike in front of a wine shop or wine bar. Since I work in wine production: Your bike in front of a wine shop or wine bar. Since I work in wine production: Your bike in front of a wine shop or wine bar. Bonus points for a super cliché name like Brix or The Winery.
To keep the theme going, how about : Your bike at a primary producer of whatever is available in your region. Find an orchard, vineyard, farm (livestock or plants), plantation/tree farm, mine, or whatever else you think fits.
How's about your bike and a local craft brewery
Your bike near an outdoor piece of art you actually like.
Your bike on a suspension bridge
Now how about the tallest building you can find
Along the same vein, now find the oldest building around
Next up: find a building/structure totally out of place
your bike on a wooden dock, fishing pier, or boat slip. Large ports don't count.
Your have your dream bike, then the worst bike/car you can find Your bike at a race track of some kind. Bonus points if it's Mount Panorama or Suzuka (or Sepang, I guess).
After years of playing with mopeds and scooters, I think we need to honor baby's first REAL bike, I think we need to get a picture with both your bike and a baby in it. Be creative . Your bike where the road runs out. Take that as you will
Your bike with the changing leaves
Your bike with a decorated house / store / park ect
Uhhh... Your bike + your city hall Uhhh... Your bike + your city hall
To continue on that theme, Your bike in front of a TV/Movie set location near you
Next challenge: Your bike at the border. Next challenge: Your bike at the border.
If this one is acceptable the next challenge shall be your bike with a lighthouse
This should be pretty easy: Your bike out enjoying the seasonal weather for your region
New Challenge: Your bike next to a weird building
Post a picture of your bike in front of holiday decorations
For the new challenge, I got this idea when out completing an earlier one. Your bike and an old time phone booth
Your bike in front of a water tower
How about YOUR BIKE IN -35 DEGREE WEATHER
Now show me the best holiday decorations around you Bonus points for either a Santa cameo or >2,000 lights
Your bike with an person dressed up as santa
Your bike with a reindeer/deer, or if you can't get a reindeer/deer where you are a fake one. Or see if a Zoo will let you cruise in...
Your bike near a group of interesting or unusual animals
Your bike photobombing a Herd of Harleys
Keeping it topical, Your bike next to evidence of apocalypse-heralding weather. So flood/storms, polar vortex damage, you name it.
Now make me jealous by showing me your great weather
Show us a sticky situation
New Challenge: Bike camping Give me something to dream about for when the weather warms up. Your bike with your campsite.
Its pleasantly hot here, could do with some ice cream: Your bike with an Ice Cream at an Ice Cream Parlor
Since it's springtime, the snow will be melting and the rivers will be running high. The next challenge will be your bike with an overflowing stream -- or at least some body of fast-moving water.
post your bug spattered windscreen/headlight/visor after (or during) a good ride
For the next challenge, Your bike near a significant person in your town. It can be a statue, or even next to the mayor him/herself
Given the discussion that's taken up most of this page, how about : Show us something vintage If your bike counts, I don't need to ask you to throw a vignette filter on it cause you will anyway you hipster.
at a shipping container yard
Your bike in party-appropriate theme outfit
at a lighthouse
Your bike and a cathedral/other large religious building
your bike next to a 10 tonne(minimum) vehicle
Your bike with a relic of a bygone era
Switching the theme ip - new challenge is Your bike next to something very old that is still in use, bonus points if it's still doing what it was originally built for.
Your bike next to something it shouldn't. Bonus points for you getting in on the photo action,
Contrast A cruiser on a trail, you completely dressed to the nines on a piece of poo poo, you get my drift.
Get a War Machine
Your bike next to your town's best kept secret. Use your imagination
Go find the oldest building around
Find something EVEN OLDER THAN THIS drat HOUSE
NEW PICTURE/OLD SCENE
Given that we've done something old and something new, how about Your bike and something blue
how about Your bike and something blue .
your ride and a red light, district or otherwise
Your bike next to a SUBSTANTIALLY shittier bike
After 130km on the stock DRZ seat I was jonesing for a break, so how about you show us a nice spot to set up a hammock and relax . Bonus internet points if you test it out. New challenge: your bike at a vista or nice viewing point
New challenge: your bike at a vista or nice viewing point
YOUR BIKE AT THE BORDER.
New challenge - : your bike next to a boat AND a bridge :
your bike with a famous thing from your area
challenge is your bike with its namesake.
your bike in traffic
Your bike with its twin
Post a picture of your bike next to something that looks out of place next to everything around it
Your bike in front of a National Park entrance sign
Your bike and a covered bridge Post a pic of your bike with something representative of the "big industry" in your area
Post a pic of your bike with something representative of the "big industry" in your area
Show us your local tourist trap
YOUR MOTORCYCLE SUPPORTING THE TROOPS
something. something.
Your bike next to something haunted
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to find a brewery
Your bike next to something that used to scare you
Show me some Americana Or Australicana/equivalent
YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT, WITH YOUR FAVORITE DISH IN THE PHOTO.
Your bike next to something related to the exact opposite of this season.
Since I've been thru a ton laterly, Your bike in a national/state/equivalent park
In spirit of our favorite hot-dog huckster, the big doobster, let's see your bike in front of a ma-and-pa hot dog shack,
Let's see your bike and your favourite view on your commute
Let's see Your bike and your least favorite view or part of your commute
In honor of the church, take a photo of your bike with something religious. A giant sheet metal cross cross, statue of buddha, L. Ron Hubbard museum etc.
Show me some cobblestone/brick streets
Your bike next to the largest government building you can find
Show me a zoo
YOUR BIKE NEXT TO AN ART GALLERY
An outdoor scuplture
Snap a picture of what cracks you up everytime you ride by it
Your bike with the beginning and end of your favorite road
NEW CHALLENGE: Your bike at the highest point in your state/province/country that it can reach.
your bike in/on something abandoned Not just parked next to something, try to get on or in it.
I WANT TO SEE THE BIGGEST BODY OF (sweet) WATER IN YOUR STATE
Next: Farmers Market with some fresh fruit on your seat
New challenge: Your bike with the biggest dong you ca find. Use your imagination,
New challenge: Your bike in front of something under construction. The bigger the better.
New challenge Your bike near/in a sports stadium
YOU RIDING YOUR BIKE.
New challenge: Your bike beside / near an animal larger than it
New Challenge: Your bike far from home.
Alternate Challenge: Your bike with a waterfall.

It's not perfect (for reasons I can't even be bothered to investigate at the moment it's cut off this page's challenges, for a start) but just thought someone might be interested.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
That's pretty impressive - I can't believe there have been so many challenges!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow yeah I never would have thought that ther were that many

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

I could hit most of those on my bicycle. I think I might, actually.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I could hit most of those on my bicycle. I think I might, actually.

Not all of us can live in Portland.

Ephphatha posted:

How about :siren: a plaque showing the year you were born :siren:.

Do cemetery markers count? Nothing really interesting happened in my birth year, besides a whole lotta death :getin:

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 21, 2014

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

OSU_Matthew posted:

Not all of us can live in Portland.

Do cemetery markers count? Nothing really interesting happened in my birth year, besides a whole lotta death :getin:

I think anything will count now. If you don't feel like doing it I'll ride out to the only place I know with my year marker on it so we can end this challenge. I was going to do it last weekend but I ended up getting sick on the way to the plaque and had to turn home.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, pretty much. If there's nothing around you could just pick something from the list of past challenges to keep us going.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

goddamnedtwisto posted:

So because I've been loving about with data extraction stuff for other reasons I thought I'd grab a list of all the challenges so far in the thread:

It's not perfect (for reasons I can't even be bothered to investigate at the moment it's cut off this page's challenges, for a start) but just thought someone might be interested.

This list would only be perfect if it linked to the photos that completed the challenge to. Gives me an idea for roadtrip bingo. Print cards with random challenges to complete

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Well if we can re-use a challenge I'll take Your bike next to a Graffiti Mural

Yes, that is a purple triceratops wearing a pool float.

:siren:NEW CHALLENGE: Your bike next to something Dinosaur related:siren:

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
For my DINOSAUR Challenge

No really take a right turn at the T-Rex. No I'm not high right now.

:cop:New Challenge: You and your bike committing a very minor crime.:cop:

For example:

It is illegal to carry wire cutters in your pocket in the City of Austin.

It is illegal to own the Encyclopedia Britannica in the state of Texas because it has a recipe on how to brew beer at home.

In Clarendon, TX it is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.

I hope you catch my drift.
Don't get caught.
If you do, get photos.

Minkee or Something Awful is not responsible for any laws you break, or legal fees associated with whatever you do for this challenge.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Nothing to see here.

:siren:Your bike very close to a fountain:siren:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

mrking posted:

This list would only be perfect if it linked to the photos that completed the challenge to. Gives me an idea for roadtrip bingo. Print cards with random challenges to complete

I could probably do that but it would need a lot of manual tidying up because you people are maddeningly inconsistent in your quoting behaviour.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

gently caress is that supposed to mean.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I apologise to any posters who identify as non-human.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

motosexuals

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Hopefully this doesn't break tables... [E: they broke so hard]

New challenge: :siren: Your bike on Main St!:siren:

CloFan fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 29, 2014

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

CloFan posted:

Hopefully this doesn't break tables... [E: they broke so hard]

New challenge: :siren: Your bike on Main St!:siren:

What the gently caress, an Arkansas moto goon.
You're new around here, right?

Edit:
For content, here is my bike at a gas station on Main St in Walden, CO today. But since it's not obvious and I didn't take it for this thread, I'll not claim it. Unless someone else doesn't do it in, say, 48 hours.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 29, 2014

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

What the gently caress, an Arkansas moto goon.
You're new around here, right?

Nope.

CloFan posted:

Had to put on timer and it ran out of battery after this shot, good enough?

If so, :siren: Your bike next to modern abstract art :siren:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Ah hahaha, good old micromancer shot!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Shows how much I pay attention. My mistake.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

For content, here is my bike at a gas station on Main St in Walden, CO today. But since it's not obvious and I didn't take it for this thread, I'll not claim it. Unless someone else doesn't do it in, say, 48 hours.

Ok, since nobody claimed Main Street, here's the next challenge:

:siren:Your bike next to an adult-sized version of a thing typically thought of as a children's thing.:siren:
E.g., the adult tricycle in my picture.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

There's a motorcycles on main thing the first Friday of every month, so I'll get it then if still possible, otherwise it will be Just A Picture.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Ok, since nobody claimed Main Street, here's the next challenge:

:siren:Your bike next to an adult-sized version of a thing typically thought of as a children's thing.:siren:
E.g., the adult tricycle in my picture.

Anyone having any luck finding something like this other than a creepy man-trike?

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Minkee posted:

Anyone having any luck finding something like this other than a creepy man-trike?

Not me. I even took a tour through some college campi, being that they have all kinds of whack sculpture and whatnot. Nothing but a somewhat-larger-than-average football.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
I say we give this topic :george: 24 hours :george: before another one is suggested unless the original poster has another idea. Anyone agree?

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
For what it's worth I agree, let's move it along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Does it go back to me? If so, how bout some :siren: fall foliage:siren:?

• Locked thread