Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Zeether posted:

JPEG compression strikes again:

Lake Mungo was pretty scary though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Picnic Princess posted:

Mildly :nws: http://i.imgur.com/HIMVn7d.jpg

How does someone look at this and think "Yep, that's the correct spelling" and post?

I was too busy laughing to notice the spelling mistake til I came back to the post and re-read your comment.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Deaderinred posted:

My parents decided to let me figure out on my own what to believe and that's why i believe that in the year of our lord, 1980, Flash Gordon saved everyone of us.

Amen

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

That's aaah-aah-men, you heathen.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

I will also say thanks for standing up to that kind of poo poo. I really really want a bulldog but I realize that overall there's a huge chance of health problems if I get a pure-bred, partly due to time with the breed etc but also because there are just some irresponsible breeders out there too.

As an also dog/cat person who has been involved in rescue and owned/owns pedigree animals I have to agree with the previous posters. There ARE some breeders trying to work with the health issues of the breed, but they are still numerous even with those guys. You are paying a massive sum for a really unhealthy little critter that has a poor chance of a good life standard, and will cost you $$$$$$ in vet bills throughout their life. Personally I would feel like poo poo having a pet and seeing them constantly struggle with their health, so yeah I think they are one breed I'd 100% say just leave to the serious breeders.

apathetic JAP
Dec 28, 2011

it tastes like pink.

So, so fun.

Edit: Also, this. I'm hitting social media idiot gold this morning. Reposted by a religious friend, who commented "Amen" in the thread.

apathetic JAP has a new favorite as of 14:31 on Sep 28, 2014

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Deaderinred posted:

My parents decided to let me figure out on my own what to believe and that's why i believe that in the year of our lord, 1980, Flash Gordon saved everyone of us.

Except a sizable portion of the birdmen, because gently caress you Flash Gordon ain't no bird hating bigot.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

No womb. It's gone. If you have too many abortions it packs up its things and leaves. Last I heard, her womb was a manager at a smoothie stand in Cancun.

You'd think a pro-tier international prostitute would've used some kind of contraception.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

apathetic JAP posted:

Edit: Also, this. I'm hitting social media idiot gold this morning. Reposted by a religious friend, who commented "Amen" in the thread.

Someone who doesn't know how prostitution, abortions, uteruses, pre-marital disclosure, or embarrassment work.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

No womb. It's gone. If you have too many abortions it packs up its things and leaves. Last I heard, her womb was a manager at a smoothie stand in Cancun.

You'd think a pro-tier international prostitute would've used some kind of contraception.

The people who write these things think the character thinks abortion is contraception.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Leofish posted:

The people who write these things think the character thinks abortion is contraception.

The people who write these things think a uterus is a car made by Chevrolet

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

The people who write these things think a uterus is a car made by Chevrolet

Don't tell them about Volvo.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Or the Fiat Pinto.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Usually these people think that women who have a lot of sex don't use birth control and just get abortions instead. Like it's no biggie, just another thing on the to-do list for today same as last week's abortion. Also they give you breast cancer and destroy your womb...somehow.

Really though the story is so dumb and non-sensical that it's mostly just funny. Between sincerely talking about a disappearing uterus and the idea of babies just hanging on to some random organ for dear life (with no medical consequences!) because god.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

While the story is clearly fake, it IS possible for the uterus to be rendered unable to bear child from an abortion, but it's one of those 'unlucky chance' things.

If someone was having a lot of abortions for some reason, like being a prostitute not on birth control, it's possible it could happen.

Also, prostitutes get raped, a lot, so condoms aren't a reliable method there. That said, yes, you'd imagine they'd use female birth control if they were in that position - there are women that can't use any method, but it's pretty unusual.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Also the story never says she gave birth to her children, just that she has children now. She could have stolen them.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

SybilVimes posted:

While the story is clearly fake, it IS possible for the uterus to be rendered unable to bear child from an abortion, but it's one of those 'unlucky chance' things.

If someone was having a lot of abortions for some reason, like being a prostitute not on birth control, it's possible it could happen.

Also, prostitutes get raped, a lot, so condoms aren't a reliable method there. That said, yes, you'd imagine they'd use female birth control if they were in that position - there are women that can't use any method, but it's pretty unusual.

Even if the story wasn't so nonsensical that trying to find realism in it is pointless, it's really obvious that they aren't talking about rare medical complications. It's just the usual "abortion is evil and will always gently caress a person's body up because it's just that evil!"

I don't even understand the point of trying to find anything in this that could maybe sort of theoretically happen and yet here you are doing just that. :psyduck:

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Always tune in to Jews News for hard hitting, up to date news.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

Also the story never says she gave birth to her children, just that she has children now. She could have stolen them.

Maybe she donated herself to the motherless babies.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Stop starring at my gages

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

LoonShia posted:

Or the Fiat Pinto.

Or the Skoda Fabia

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm saving up to by a Trabbi. Everything is a collector's item to somebody.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SybilVimes posted:

Less likely than post-partum infertility, though. Sometimes stuff goes wrong in our bodies.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Comments are all completely positive, the video is literally just a guy throwing a bin at the girl, which knocks her down.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sever.

Speaking of Autism Kroners, anyone know what's going on with that? It's completely dropped off the public news radar and I don't care to slog through the GBS bitcoin mock thread again.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I would, but I have very little involvement in this girl's life other than the occasional reply to each others' posts. At this point it's just a source of entertainment. (for the record, this is the same girl that found her last two 'relationships' in the psych ward.)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Crain posted:

Sever.

Speaking of Autism Kroners, anyone know what's going on with that? It's completely dropped off the public news radar and I don't care to slog through the GBS bitcoin mock thread again.

The FTC is coming down like the fist of God on Butterfly Labs and it's pretty loving hilarious. Just skip to the latest page.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

:stare: This is literally the first time I've heard of dogecoin and having googled it it's even dumber than I thought.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Good lord. This one guy on my feed always posts something regarding cops, military, etc. This was his latest contribution to foreign policy. It's even better that Snopes pointed out that Don Cherry didn't even say that.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Soviet Commubot posted:

:stare: This is literally the first time I've heard of dogecoin and having googled it it's even dumber than I thought.

Even better, Dogecoin sponsered a Nascar driver and have its stupid meme plastered and driven around a track for a high profile race or two.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

SybilVimes posted:

Yeah, abortion complications can cause infertility. STD's can do the same thing. We had a big syphilis outbreak in the 1990's among teenagers in one of our more afluent suburbs. They were all having orgies and gangbangs after school. But all that sex only resulted in two pregnancies because the girls became temporarily infertile. After they were cured of their STDs a bunch immediately got pregnant because you can't cure stupid.

So if that story was true (and it's not) then she could have been infertile from excessive abortions or a ranging case of syphilis.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Not that it will probably change anything but you can always make the organizers of the convention aware that you aren't planning on attending due to one of their headliners having absolutely awful views about women. Not that nerd cons are known for being super duper progressive about that kind of poo poo (see: Pedophile being payed by DragonCon for a decade even after they knew) but who knows until you try?

The DragonCon pedophile thing was actually more complicated than you make it sound. The guy was a co-founder of the convention and a combination of the ownership contract and Georgia law mandated that in order for the convention's other owners to stop paying the pedo his share of the profits (even in jail!), they had to buy out his stake in the corporation. It took ten years for the convention to come up with the cash to buy him out in order to avoid losing their ownership of it (and also allowing the convention itself to revert to the pedo's control entirely). For what it's worth, as soon as the other owners were aware of the pedo's activities, they barred him from having anything to do with the convention at all, stopped any mention of him, actively revoked memberships of people who asked about him, and generally made it very known that the convention does not associate with him whatsoever beyond their contractual and legal obligations. Since then, they've bought out his stake and have legally severed all ties to the creep.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Byzantine posted:

The FTC is coming down like the fist of God on Butterfly Labs and it's pretty loving hilarious. Just skip to the latest page.

In particular, this post is hilarious.

Begby posted:

Here is the latest document from the FTC vs. BFL thing.

http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/download.html?id=184941487&z=7bf9ddf7

I think that sonny is going to be going away for a little while, and it appears that Josh "rear end in a top hat" Zerlan pretty much turned into a rat.

edit: Here is the full docket that will continue to be populated with excellent reading
http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/2eye8b3ub/missouri-western-district-court/federal-trade-commission-v-bf-labs-inc-et-al/

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Soviet Commubot posted:

I still remember the exact point I realized Dogecoin wasn't just a parody when I saw a photo on Imgur's front page of some goober proudly posing next to a stack of pizzas he's donating to his local homeless shelter with a note on top saying "provided by Dogecoin".

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think dogecoin also helped out Jamaica's Bobsled team. It's like Cool Runnings all over again!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

volts5000 posted:

Good lord. This one guy on my feed always posts something regarding cops, military, etc. This was his latest contribution to foreign policy. It's even better that Snopes pointed out that Don Cherry didn't even say that.

He is a racist douche though.

But it got me wondering. How do statements like that make us the good guys? We hate people who are different than us and use brutal violence to get our way and force those people we hate to live how we think they should. Two sides of the same coin.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Picnic Princess posted:

But it got me wondering. How do statements like that make us the good guys? We hate people who are different than us and use brutal violence to get our way and force those people we hate to live how we think they should. Two sides of the same coin.

Coming off of this check out John Oliver's segment on the US's Drone usage and how it has shaped the middle east over the last 10 years or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4NRJoCNHIs

We're clearly the bad guys. We've made children afraid of a bright blue sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Picnic Princess posted:

Uh. We're the good guys cause we do it in the name of freedom, apple pies and ice cream. Duh!

• Locked thread