Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

rizuhbull posted:

Where's the dish that I attach the repeater unit to in Highpool (after saving the town)?

Close to the crane, on top of the dam. Make sure you activate it in the cistern first (room six).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Azazell0 posted:

Possible dumb question: where/when do I get the quest to go to the mines? I think Vargas mentions it in one sentence somewhere but no one has placed it on my map. Currently I'm on order to return to the Citadel, I've just finished Damonta and omw to clear Prison before returning. Is next stop the mine or have I missed it?

He radios you when you start getting close to it on the map, iirc. Just walk on over there.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Azazell0 posted:

Possible dumb question: where/when do I get the quest to go to the mines? I think Vargas mentions it in one sentence somewhere but no one has placed it on my map. Currently I'm on order to return to the Citadel, I've just finished Damonta and omw to clear Prison before returning. Is next stop the mine or have I missed it?

Do you mean Leve L'upe mines? It's just a small sidequest you get when you get close to the area. It's located south / southwestish of ranger citadel. Just poke around the canyons, it's pretty hard to miss. It's only challenging if you go there early, like after Highpool/Ag center. You'll roll it over without problems.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

rizuhbull posted:

Where's the dish that I attach the repeater unit to in Highpool (after saving the town)?

Near where you entered.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
lol they did this in the patch:

"- Griffith Park: Maggie now leaves the area when Mayweather turns on the players and all three churches hate the player. It’s not in her character to attack the player unless it’s defensive only."

which means when she disappears, other quests and turn-ins break. goddamnit

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
I made a few portraits out of RDR concept art. I think they fit the game's theme pretty well.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

^ This game needs more sweet-rear end revolvers.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
dugan: "we killed your friends"

Radio: "copy ranger team echo, this is santa fe"

verv said, "All is well. Just checking in to let you know that we're ok"

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
I've never came across a section of a game that sapped my will to play faster than the Canyon of Titan. What's the quickest way to power my way past that section? I've only found one of the sludge containers so far.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Temple of Titan question: I'm having trouble sneaking my way through the basement. If I kill the guys down there, will everyone up top become hostile or am I ok? I haven't really chosen a side as both seem a bit loony but I've done a good job not killing monks up til the Temple. I really want the toaster down there.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

secret tech

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

Levantine posted:

Temple of Titan question: I'm having trouble sneaking my way through the basement. If I kill the guys down there, will everyone up top become hostile or am I ok? I haven't really chosen a side as both seem a bit loony but I've done a good job not killing monks up til the Temple. I really want the toaster down there.

Don't worry, in my game I was able to kill most everyone except the people in the hospital area and Brother Guano without the temple going hostile. You can definitely kill nameless monk guards down there without making the monks hostile, and you can definitely side with the monks after doing it.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Levantine posted:

You can get to the nuke and toaster without killing anyone. Just got to that point yesterday myself.

If you use the unguarded entrance near the corner of ground level where the merchant is, you can get there relatively easily. Iirc you need computer science to get through the door to the hatch leading down. Go straight after the first door until you basically run into another door in the first possible corner. Get through that door and after that it's pretty straightforward demolitions/perception work to follow the tunnel to the toaster room. That corner door can be somewhat time sensitive to get through as there are patrols. Actually, I failed to disarm it and it blew up on my face, but nobody cared enough to notice.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Verviticus posted:

secret tech

I hope I get to keep him forever :3:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Brick Shipment posted:

I hope I get to keep him forever :3:

dunno why anyone would give him to those assholes on the street

just beat the game

did anyone get a good slide for the rail nomads? was anyone able to recover part of angela's crash?

the slide for the DBM didn't make sense either - i dismantled the nuke and they still got it somehow

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 29, 2014

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Does the backer skill have any use at all?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It makes blue flavor text pop up with lore details you otherwise don't get but don't actually affect anything.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i wonder how long it is before people compile the entire list of ending slides

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I think I'm about 80-90% of the way through the game, Hollywood, but there's still a greyed out skill with a funny icon, I assumed this would be something I could learn after some point in the story but that hasn't happened :(

I'm not referring to the backer skill, it's this one:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Verviticus posted:

dunno why anyone would give him to those assholes on the street

just beat the game

did anyone get a good slide for the rail nomads? was anyone able to recover part of angela's crash?

the slide for the DBM didn't make sense either - i dismantled the nuke and they still got it somehow

I keep on hearing the ending slides are bugged and it's random what you get.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
^^ that's Combat Shooting, no idea where you get it

The heck is even going on in Hollywood?
When you enter it, a pack of pigs are attacking a funeral and you have about 3 seconds to accept the help! quest AND manually target a pig before they eat the alleged area boss.
It you go five steps to the right from the entrance you find a poorly hidden slavers den, only god knows what quests you break if you enter it out of curiosity.
In the middle of the street is Ratboy the vendor with no inventory :psyduck:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Fewd posted:

You can get to the nuke and toaster without killing anyone. Just got to that point yesterday myself.

If you use the unguarded entrance near the corner of ground level where the merchant is, you can get there relatively easily. Iirc you need computer science to get through the door to the hatch leading down. Go straight after the first door until you basically run into another door in the first possible corner. Get through that door and after that it's pretty straightforward demolitions/perception work to follow the tunnel to the toaster room. That corner door can be somewhat time sensitive to get through as there are patrols. Actually, I failed to disarm it and it blew up on my face, but nobody cared enough to notice.

Thanks, I managed to get in without spilling any blood and Brother whatever came down when I inspected the Nuke and gave me a quest to go get a new one. I'm torn though. I haven't visted the DBM yet but man have I killed a lot of their guys. I don't really want anyone to have the nuke. Is it possible to screw over everyone?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

sauer kraut posted:

The heck is even going on in Hollywood?
When you enter it, a pack of pigs are attacking a funeral and you have about 3 seconds to accept the help! quest AND manually target a pig before they eat the alleged area boss.
It you go five steps to the right from the entrance you find a poorly hidden slavers den, only god knows what quests you break if you enter it out of curiosity.
In the middle of the street is Ratboy the vendor with no inventory :psyduck:

You have to click on the Junk folder to see what Ratboy sells, it's all Junk including overpriced condoms.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
A guy made a mod that increases run speed and decreases the time it takes to use a skill:
https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com//viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8727

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Levantine posted:

Thanks, I managed to get in without spilling any blood and Brother whatever came down when I inspected the Nuke and gave me a quest to go get a new one. I'm torn though. I haven't visted the DBM yet but man have I killed a lot of their guys. I don't really want anyone to have the nuke. Is it possible to screw over everyone?

Yes you can screw over everyone. don't side with DBM, disarm the nuke and plunge the monks into chaos
You'll have to shoot your way through the Temple map and both factions + bandits to go back west if you do that.
if you do the DBM assault and disarm they nuke they are a bit pissed, but they are stable/assholes and let you through for a small fee

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 29, 2014

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Levantine posted:

Canyon of Titan:
Yup, just done that. You can disarm the nuke in silo 7 so nobody gets it! Consequences are interesting.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

sauer kraut posted:

Yes you can screw over everyone. don't side with DBM, disarm the nuke and plunge the monks into chaos
You'll have to shoot your way through the Temple map and both factions + bandits to go back west if you do that.

Haha yes! More ammo for me! Will that give me an opportunity to raid the DBM base? Or will it be closed to me?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is the math for critical successes known yet?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Levantine posted:

Haha yes! More ammo for me! Will that give me an opportunity to raid the DBM base? Or will it be closed to me?

You can shoot your way into the DBM depot at any time, they have 4 autoturrets and elevated snipers though.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
Thinking on the ending, I'm not really a fan of what they did with the Cochise AI. Having it be responsible for the nuclear war, mostly exonerating humanity for the biggest atrocity in the world- and having it lecture about how humans are the real monsters in the same breath? I can't really tell what the game is going for.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Dandywalken posted:

I avoided that entire town solely due to reading comments about how poo poo it is to navigate :(
How are you supposed to heartlessly kill Quarex if you avoid Rail Nomads?!? :(

Ddraig posted:

Gognards
:iamafag:

Berk Berkly posted:

You can get a fresh recruit for your party from the guys chilling by the Ranger Citadel entrance. They were being literal when they said they were waiting for someone to die to take their spot.
This is it. This is the thing that finally means I have no choice but to get a Desert Ranger star tattoo on my face.

Tippis posted:

It's a travesty that you start out at The Citadel and don't have access to Power Armour or at least Pseudo-Chitin. :colbert:
Mostly agreed, but clearly they already sent people out equipped in that and they never came back :( Though I think the Rangers should have turned the Sleeper Base into their headquarters... Clone technology goes great with CRPG logic after all.

HondaCivet posted:

Oh yeah, almost forgot that the first dog I recruited valiantly tried to attack some Wreckers and got murdered. :( RIP dog who I don't think had a name, you were born a mere dog but died a Desert Ranger.
Hahahaha :(

I will update the second post with some more portraits and maybe another character guide thing when I can tonight. Glad that most people are still in the "awesome-or-at-least-good-enough-to-overlook-bugs" camp. And I hope that everyone who does not like the game has their concerns addressed through patches (or mods, worst case scenario).

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Quarex posted:

How are you supposed to heartlessly kill Quarex if you avoid Rail Nomads?!? :(

Dude, super scope or no, I had to help your in-game self with finding that elusive CD-I and it's 2 megabytes of memory! The responses were great when I was trying to use the various skills on the case for the scope.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

sauer kraut posted:

So most likely a WL1 in-joke then, meaning you can't get it and it does nothing even if you do — its only purpose is to cause confusion. :D

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Levantine posted:

That's exactly what I just did :shobon:

(temple of titan) Because gently caress anyone having nukes and especially a bunch of tactilol dickheads like DBM. They're a step up from the haywire monks which is the reason I helped them take over, but handing them a nuke? Nope! I wonder what the reward is for delivering the nuke, but eh, whatever. Sadlers tears are reward enough.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I don't know if this was posted yet, but:

quote:

Greetings programs! You might be wondering what this file is. This is Vargas's Snake game on the computer in Ranger Citadel. More specifically it's a program for a computer based on a 6502 processor... which we here at inXile emulated within the game. Replace this file with your own 6502 program and you have your very own 1980's 64k computer! Programs are loaded into memory location $7000, keyboard input at $FFF0, random number at $FFFA. Look at the code of this game to get hints on how to access the graphics (low res 32x32 and high res 160x160) and text mode. We even created a special font for text based games. There's lots of great resources online for programming for the 6502. Relive the glory of the computers of the 80's. From everyone here at inXile, a huge thank you to our backers for making Wasteland 2 a reality. Many of us started programming on 6502 based machines. They hold a special place in history and in our hearts. Just like the original Wasteland. We wanted to throw in a little Easter Egg for our backers who also remember peeking and poking and seeing '0x20' and thinking 'Jump'. Be sure to share your programs on our Wasteland 2 forum at inxile-entertainment.com! We'll have more helpful dev info there (full memory mapping details, soft switches, code snippets, etc) once people begin to discover this Easter Egg. Happy coding! ;) -inXile

Located in Documents\My Games\Wasteland2\Drive1. That is pretty drat cool.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Hey does this game have some sort of loot adjustment mechanics because over the last week of play I've noticed that if I open a chest for the first time, there seems to be a decent chance of a weapon and some other goodies inside it, but if I mess up and die and reload to before I did that and re-open the same chest there's usually only one or two pieces of ammo inside...out of curiosity I spent 15 min opening and reloading a couple and it seems that each time the second+ result was boring and trivial.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
A quick question about companions do they have their own quests? Or are they required for anything?

I am considering making a custom party, and i am wondering if i am going to miss out on anything.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Is there any way to deal with the robots in the middle of the airplane graveyard in Damonta? It seems that no matter how I approach the situation, there is always two slicer dicers and a turret plinking away at my health, plus a whole bunch of other robots. The only explosives I have are two sticks of dynamite.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Where the hell is Damonta? I have been through the canyon and all the way up on that side to Silo 7 but I haven't seen it anywhere...???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

CANDY?

Yum. Candy!

I'm helping!

______

You sure are, little guy. You sure are. :)

• Locked thread