Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Tallgeese posted:

You have to wear the King's Crown.

The open ring slot is way more useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Wait. That's what the new Ivory Crown does? Or that's what happens when you bring all three crowns to Vendrick?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The King's Crown becomes empowered to grant curse immunity and Life Protection forever.

Essentially, the curse is broken, because you have become the true king.

It kind of goes contrary to the game's message, but eh.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Huh. That's pretty a pretty neat effect. I'll probably stick with the Crown of the Old Iron King for the most part, though. Love that effect too much to give it up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Still going through the dlc, but if the big thing about it is the Bed of Chaos, is there a dark queen in there still like the others/Drangleic? Also I can't decide whether or not to blow the last of my twinkling titanite on the ice rapier or hold out. It's a cool weapon!

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
:siren: End of DLC spoilers below :siren:

So, I've beaten the DLC I think. I've murdered all three of the king's cats, released all three of the king's knights, whooped the Ivory King and merged the three crowns at papa Vendrick, so why does it feel like I'm missing something? For example, it's suggested that you can trade the Loyce souls to Alsanna so she can purge them, but all she does is rant about Chaos and putting the knights' souls to rest despite the fact that I've got like four of them in my bag. :confused: Also, the merchant in Iron Keep is withholding all the DLC armor, so something's up. What have I missed?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Tallgeese posted:

The King's Crown becomes empowered to grant curse immunity and Life Protection forever.

Essentially, the curse is broken, because you have become the true king.

It kind of goes contrary to the game's message, but eh.

Nahh, I just wore the Ivory crown, same effect.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Oh great, now I have to double check all the helmets to see what's really going on.

EDIT: Okay then.

It's all the crowns. When you merge the crowns together, the buff they each give is silently swapped so that they give the extra benefit.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 29, 2014

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
More importantly, is the new fist weapon any good and where is it?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Help, I cant find the entrance door for the coop area anymore. I found it once but couldnt open it. Now I could open it, but can't find it!

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

I'm not seeing the Ivory King DLC on Steam, is it not there yet? How are you guys playing?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I'm not seeing the Ivory King DLC on Steam, is it not there yet? How are you guys playing?

Restart Steam.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Restart Steam.

Thank you posting hero RBA Starblade.
Edit: Well gently caress it's still not there. Strange.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I heard they took down the DLC.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Seems like either it's been withdrawn due to early release (bummer) or maybe it's got to wait to turn up on the store, and is thus only acceptable to the season pass crowd rather than us peasant.

edit: whatever it is, i can't find it and that's not fun.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Oh my loving god that one prick with the Great Lance from the Old Iron King DLC is back. Fucker almost had me fooled.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Tae posted:

I heard they took down the DLC.

That would be rude as poo poo.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Thank you posting hero RBA Starblade.
Edit: Well gently caress it's still not there. Strange.

Nah, restarting steam only helps make patches show up. It always downloads and goes out to people who bought the season pass early. The individual DLC doesn't show up on the store until it updates, usually around 10AM pacific time, so in about 15 minutes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well sorry man, that usually helps when something releases and I don't have it. :(

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Waaaaaaaait a minute. About the bosses in this DLC...

Are there only two? Aava and the Scorched Ivory King? That can't be it, can it?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Pleased to see more boss dex weapon, sad to see theyre both gimmicks!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is the dlc bout the same size as the other two?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So they put a new item on Ornifex's work room - a Pharros' Lockstone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do I ever do anything to unthaw these chests and pharros locks or can I stop keep tracking of them?

Also it's a nice touch that because of all the wind, if you try to light your torch it will immediately go out.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

RBA Starblade posted:

Do I ever do anything to unthaw these chests and pharros locks or can I stop keep tracking of them?

Also it's a nice touch that because of all the wind, if you try to light your torch it will immediately go out.

Yes, something happens eventually.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FrickenMoron posted:

Yes, something happens eventually.

Thanks, wasn't sure if it was like Sunken King where it was there just to tantalize you or not.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RabidWeasel posted:

More importantly, is the new fist weapon any good and where is it?

If my sources aren't bullshit apparently if has a HUGE counter damage buff and is really great.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
I stopped keeping track of this thread when the DLC dropped as to not spoil myself before I got it for myself. Now that I have the first 2, what should I be on the lookout for as a melee focused character that likes to supplement with some spells? Has the meta changed much, or is super-buff-tanking the norm still?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So Tallgeese, was that magical light-sword-esque moveset you saw (new DLC spoilers) the one the Ivory King uses when he powers up his sword? It seems like it's meant to be an effect or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's two light-saber weapons that I've seen so far, one is an ultra greatsword and the other is basically a real lightsaber, right down to only extending when you swing it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Those are both weapons made from boss souls. Theyre gimmicky as hell and cant be enchanted/infused.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Too bad I'm out of dragon bones, they sound fun.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I really love the final boss of this area, but my god is it a horrible fight to get summoned into.
9 out of 10 people only have the initial knight you start with, making the fight almost impossible to win

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
People who have it, where does it rank in the DLCs? Good, best, worst?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh man the ivory straight sword is cool. I'm glad I reallocated for it. Too bad I only have 4 bones like I thought. It gets no scaling bonus as well. It's two handed R2 is a vertical Soul Greatsword.

e: Cool but it does not do a huge amount of damage at +2.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 29, 2014

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Dragon bone weapons usually get a huge buff at +5 compared to normal weapon progression I think?

So has anyone gotten that moonlight longsword? Majula chest is still empty for me.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I'm now 3 for 3 in forgetting to leave the Covenant of Champions before starting the DLC. No wonder I was getting my rear end kicked so thoroughly. :downs:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Pwnstar posted:

Dragon bone weapons usually get a huge buff at +5 compared to normal weapon progression I think?

So has anyone gotten that moonlight longsword? Majula chest is still empty for me.

Doesnt apply to dlc weapons, ivory sword maxes out at 255, you cant infuse it either with raw.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So Hexer Nicholai is what it was like to be a boss versus hexers in 1.0.

e: This grey spirit is cool don't attack it guys.

e: We fought and he ran away and killed himself. :3:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Where the hell is the snowboarding coffin?!?