Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hugh Malone posted:

how about permanently stripping him of gun-owning rights? that'd be f'nawesome

he's been charged with a felony, so that's in the cards already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
lol guys its just a small bulldozer with a wall who cares.

???/

id be more concerned about loving mraps and poo poo

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Just put some ribbons on that thing and it wouldn't look out of place in Warhammer 40k.

What does the front view look like? If there's not a giant Kool-Aid man mural on it its wrong.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

*busts through wall into room full of hostages/terrorists*

special delivery assholes!

*officer tries to step down to hand hostages phones but forklift falls over, crushing his legs*

I have to be honest though, when the article described the thing it sounded pretty badass. I was imagining an APC like the type in Robo Cop 2 or an old WW2 Greyhound all tricked out, and then when I saw it was just a skid-steer I laughed so hard.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

InterFaced posted:

What does the front view look like? If there's not a giant Kool-Aid man mural on it its wrong.

Ok, if they did that then maybe it wasn't such a huge waste of money. Maybe a button that shouts "Oh Yeah" to incapacitate the hostile targets with noise and sudden onset of unquenchable thirst.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Cream_Filling posted:

we had to kill the hostages in order to save them

They would have had PTSD for decades over this, we saved them from a lifetime of suffering and anguish!

Who else remembers the time the Russian special forces gassed an opera house with sleeping gas to knock out the terrorists that had taken everyone in it hostage and ended up killing a bunch of the hostages?

The reaction here was priceless because everyone was laughing at the Russians for putting hostages at risk without realizing how bad the US SWAT teams would have handled it.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Its impossible to handle that situation worse than how russia did

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Also that other hostage situation they hosed up where they fired tank shells and rpgs at the school the hostages were in, killing them

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Decrepus posted:

I have to be honest though, when the article described the thing it sounded pretty badass. I was imagining an APC like the type in Robo Cop 2 or an old WW2 Greyhound all tricked out, and then when I saw it was just a skid-steer I laughed so hard.

i know, it sounded loving rad as hell and then it turned out to be a literal forklift

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I mean maybe this was posted but wow, I lolled so loving hard

And look if I'm possibly being literally hunted in the woods by an honest to god sniper ... you know, sure why not, but it doesnt make it any less funny

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The Rook has obviously been deployed for diaper extraction in a hostile area.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

And look if I'm possibly being literally hunted in the woods by an honest to god sniper ... you know, sure why not, but it doesnt make it any less funny

call of duty: black ops: double secret: mission: diaper

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corey Plumper posted:

Also that other hostage situation they hosed up where they fired tank shells and rpgs at the school the hostages were in, killing them

That wasn't just the Russian military random angry people from the town just started shooting rifles and RPGs at the school towards the end of the hostage situation too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis

quote:

A chaotic battle broke out as the special forces fought to enter the school. The forces included the assault groups of the FSB and the associated troops of the Russian Army and the Russian Interior Ministry, supported by a number of T-72 tanks from Russia's 58th Army (commandeered by Tikhonov from the military on 2 September), BTR-80 wheeled armoured personnel carriers and armed helicopters, including at least one Mi-24 attack helicopter.[90] Many local civilians also joined in the chaotic battle, having brought along their own weapons – at least one of the armed volunteers is known to have been killed. At the same time, regular conscripted soldiers reportedly fled the scene as the fighting began. Civilian witnesses claimed that the local police also had panicked, even firing in the wrong direction.[91][92]

At least three but as many as nine powerful Shmel rockets were fired at the school from the positions of the special forces (three[11] or nine[93] empty disposable tubes were later found on the rooftops of nearby apartment blocks). The use of the Shmel rockets, classified in Russia as flamethrowers and in the West as thermobaric weapons, was initially denied, but later admitted by the government.[13][94] A report by an aide to the military prosecutor of the North Ossetian garrison stated that RPG-26 rocket-propelled grenades were used as well.[95] The rebels also used grenade launchers, firing at the Russian positions in the apartment buildings.[16]

According to military prosecutor, a BTR armoured vehicle drove close to the school and opened fire from its 14.5x114mm KPV heavy machine gun at the windows on the second floor.[11] Eyewitnesses (among them Totoonti[71] and Kesayev[84]) and journalists saw two T-72 tanks advance on the school that afternoon, at least one of which fired its 125 mm main gun several times.[11] During the later trial, tank commander Viktor Kindeyev testified to having fired "one blank shot and six antipersonnel-high explosive shells" on orders from the FSB.[96] The use of tanks and armoured personnel carriers was eventually admitted to by Lieutenant General Viktor Sobolev, commander of the 58th Army.[90] Another witness cited in the Kesayev report claims that he had jumped onto the turret of a tank in an attempt to prevent it from firing on the school.[84] Scores of hostages were moved by the militants from the burning sports hall into the other parts of the school, in particular the cafeteria, where they were forced to stand at windows. Many of them were shot by troops outside as they were used as human shields, according to the survivors (such as Kudzeyeva,[97] Kusrayeva[98] and Naldikoyeva[48]). Savelyev estimated that 106 to 110 hostages died after being moved to the cafeteria.[99]

also

quote:

After gathering the hostages in the gym, the attackers singled out 15–20 of whom they thought were the strongest adults among the male teachers, school employees, and fathers, and took them into a corridor next to the cafeteria on the second floor, where a deadly blast soon took place. An explosive belt on one of the female bombers detonated, killing another female bomber (it was also claimed the second woman died from a bullet wound[39]) and several of the selected hostages, as well as mortally injuring one male hostage-taker. According to the version presented by the surviving hostage-taker, the blast was actually triggered by the "Polkovnik" (the group leader); he set off the bomb by remote control to kill those who openly disagreed about the child hostages and intimidate other possible dissenters.

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 29, 2014

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Zeno-25 posted:

That wasn't just the Russian military random angry people from the town just started shooting rifles and RPGs at the school towards the end of the hostage situation too.

also

they should've sent a forklift

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK2jFO_DaRQ

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Can't snipe the diape

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Yivgev posted:

Can't snipe the diape

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Trochanter posted:

Oh look, an all-terrain port-a-potty!

Is that a sliding door on the giant thing you hide behind, with a convenient handle on the outside part where the scary people are?

Don't bother knocking, just come on in!

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Is the piss sniper still loose

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

1gnoirents posted:

This looks like a picture from iraq a few years ago.

edit: i am the guy with the 3 glow sticks on his belt.

orangesampson fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 29, 2014

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Zeno-25 posted:

good poo poo

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Drink Cheerwine posted:

he's been charged with a felony, so that's in the cards already

oh right, good.

:D

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

have they found teh plane yet?

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 30, 2014

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

orangesampson posted:

edit: i am the guy with the 3 glow sticks on his belt.

Which one?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

enziarro posted:

Fuckin cops man paying $245k for a skid steer with some attachments and metal plate and some Walmart cameras on it

lmao

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

proof of concept posted:

Is that a sliding door on the giant thing you hide behind, with a convenient handle on the outside part where the scary people are?

I think it's so you can block off a passageway with the armored shield and still be able to let officers through when a threat has cleared. It would also be necessary if you were using that thing to do a second floor entry.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002

fyodor posted:

have they found teh plane yet?

He's gone, guys

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Mess with the diape, you get the snipe

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

proof of concept posted:

Yeah it's for when you can't execute a 15º turn to utilize the completely exposed sides and back

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Decrepus posted:

They basically built a horribly overpriced machine to appeal to people who have a power trip complex.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
"bat wing doors" :twisted:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Trochanter posted:

Hey, we got ur iphone and pizzas here!

*demolishes half the house*

How the gently caress are you gonna rescue hostages with that thing? "Hop on amigo, we're moseying out of here at 5 miles per hour"?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vengarr posted:

How the gently caress are you gonna rescue hostages with that thing? "Hop on amigo, we're moseying out of here at 5 miles per hour"?

I like it's a footnote when the actual video focuses on things like destroying a whole house roof to capture a random suspect.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Deployed rook killdozes load bearing drywall of wrong house. Roof falls on heroic light stick rave cop. Grover charged with attempted murder.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

Yivgev posted:

Can't snipe the diape

Can't spook the dook.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

brizna posted:

Can't spook the dook.

Even if they do spook the dook, well he's prepared for that.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

InterFaced posted:

Deployed rook killdozes load bearing drywall of wrong house. Roof falls on heroic light stick rave cop. Grover charged with attempted murder.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

InterFaced posted:

lol

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
when THE ROOK kills frein we will really have egg on our face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
This revolutionary comrade needs a better name than diaper sniper. Killdozer didn't kill anybody but got a pretty rad name out of it. Diaper Sniper straight up murdered a pig and gets saddled with that lovely name smh

• Locked thread