Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i refuse to watch Sherlock and also dr who. i stand by these choices and believe they have made me Powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
the best dr. who was in the 70's and 80's anyways

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
if i was making breaking bad, jesse or hank would have shot walt and then cremated him with all his money

or maybe holly or walt jr. would have been killed by some cartel guys and walt would have shot himself

oh oh or skylar would have shot walt

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

mod sassinator posted:

word

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

what a great opinion for an idiot bitch to have

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i have literally never watched a dr who

i like that old theme song though

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Cold on a Cob posted:

i liked breaking bad until they made it clear that vince gilligan is also rooting for walter white instead of praying for him to finally lose like i was

i found the ending very disappointing

walt lost everything but kept his dignity and that was more than he deserved

Cold on a Cob posted:

similar feelings were experienced when i realized that, no, fight club was not straight up satire of modern reactionary hypermasculinity

fight club is the paramount example of poe's law. palahniuk had to explicitly tell the world it was not a satire

edit: i guess that is actually the opposite of poe's law

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

we should go back to the hayes code except the code should be created by a panel with representatives from all minority groups

any works which are not completely consistent with the ideals and principles of Social Justice will be banned from public use

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I was really expecting someone in walt's family to get killed to either take away the "I'm doing this for my family" lie and it either broke him completely or let him be complete monster without a cloak of family obligations to hide behind but that did not happen

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

prefect posted:

cisco had their phones show up in every tv show during the late '90s, it seemed

early-mid 90s TV had small at&t/lucent logos on the bottom of the microphone on phone handsets so the closeup shot of the actor showed it clearly

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

qirex posted:

it's also the easiest professional academic achievement, even at the "good" biz schools it's just 2 years of powerpoint, high-school level math and tons of drinking

"business is easy, now clicking checkboxes in windows server products? that there is an art form

also please let me work for you mister business man"

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

just staring at you

from the cold dead void of space

thinking about what he's going to do to you when he catches you

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Internaut! posted:

"business is easy, now clicking checkboxes in windows server products? that there is an art form

also please let me work for you mister business man"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

i liked breaking bad until they made it clear that vince gilligan is also rooting for walter white instead of praying for him to finally lose like i was

similar feelings were experienced when i realized that, no, fight club was not straight up satire of modern reactionary hypermasculinity
walter did lose

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Amethyst posted:

you really oversold this poo poo cremob.

gently caress you

Here's the deal. I need to use a variety of devices regularly. I need to test Microsoft's solutions on these devices, and I need to experience and write about what Apple, Google, Amazon and other companies are doing on these devices too. But when push comes to shove, when confronted by that desert island question—i.e. "if you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one smart phone..."—the answer is simple. Lumia 1520. Windows Phone.

That could change. I mean, obviously that will change. It's possible that a future Lumia—the Lumia 830, perhaps, or a coming flagship—could alter my preferences. And it's even possible that future advances to Android and/or iOS and specific new rival devices could push me towards a different future. That's life. But today? Foreseeable future? Windows Phone.

So relax, please. This thing is bigger than all of us. The iPhone 6/6 Plus are important. They're popular devices. They're excellent handsets. I'm going to write about them. I'm going to use them. It's OK.

But I keep looking over at the Lumia 1520. Don't worry, big guy. I miss you.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

id like to haul mr thurrott up on the use of the word "need"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

walter did lose

he lost his life when he was almost dead anyway

meanwhile all his enemies were dead, he never went to jail, and he set it up so some of his money would go to his family

and he died a legend of sorts which is what he always really wanted

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

breaking bad had to introduce literal nazis to make walter seem like a good guy in comparison

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
carmen standing guard at the door to make sure I don't do anything crazy like leave for work or errands:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

carmen standing guard at the door to make sure I don't do anything crazy like leave for work or errands:

does your cat run windows or did you post in the wrong thread?

I guess both could be true

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
oh holy lol wrong thread. gently caress it, she runs windows

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Internaut! posted:

sneering at CJs who think they're smarter than the people they work for is my own personal tradition

my job is talking to people with MBAs all drat day

they are just as dumb as the rest of us. some business people are really exceptional and you get why they're successful, but a lot of them are duds.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

30 rock was sponsored by Cisco for an episode and had to say their telepresence product name and features over a five minute scene

yeah but 30 Rock owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9hepxidZyo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

isn't this from the pilot or an early ep

you know, back when 30 rock was actually funny

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

30 rock had one bad season. the last season was their best work. sucks to be you for not watching it

e: okay season 3 was pretty rocky too.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
tina fey is v pretty :sweatdrop:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

30 rock is nothing but amazing episodes and a couple really good ones. the worst episode of 30 rock is better than the best episode of most network sitcoms on the air now. go watch every season on netflix now.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

one of the producer/writers was a producer on and wrote some of the best episodes of futurama

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the surface pro 3 uses the surface pen. It is not compatible with the surface pro pen, used by the surface. God help you if you use an S-Pen.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

30 rock is nothing but amazing episodes and a couple really good ones. the worst episode of 30 rock is better than the best episode of most network sitcoms on the air now. go watch every season on netflix now.

this is true

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Luigi Thirty posted:

the surface pro 3 uses the surface pen. It is not compatible with the surface pro pen, used by the surface. God help you if you use an S-Pen.

I'm using my pen-s right now

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

mod sassinator posted:

oh holy lol wrong thread. gently caress it, she runs windows
just further proof for my belief that cats are assholes

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

what about 3rd rock? where does that fall in the great hierarchy of sitcoms?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

eschaton posted:

what about 3rd rock? where does that fall in the great hierarchy of sitcoms?

funny in hindsight because it was the peak of frenchs tewart's career

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

one of the producer/writers was a producer on and wrote some of the best episodes of futurama

why wasn't this the first thing you said

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Blackula69 posted:

my job is talking to people with MBAs all drat day

they are just as dumb as the rest of us. some business people are really exceptional and you get why they're successful, but a lot of them are duds.

and the successful ones didn't need to get an MBA to figure out business

also lol at an MBA taking grad-level accounting. that's for accounting people, not management people! an MBA is just another way for a middle manager to rise through the ranks in an over-managed bureaucracy, not a way to actually learn about business in any real useful way.

for example, take a look at the Harvard case study method, it's a p bullshit way to teach business of any sort, and looks an awful lot like Creative Writing 101 Workshop at a scrub-tier community college. better would be to require undergraduate engineering levels of mathematical sophistication and teach things like real options theory, modeling of dynamic systems, and so on, along with a broad history of trade and economics, and business law. but no, Harvard has people read stories and do class discussions and presentations, so that's what all "Masters" in Business Administration curricula must do.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

eschaton posted:

and the successful ones didn't need to get an MBA to figure out business

also lol at an MBA taking grad-level accounting. that's for accounting people, not management people! an MBA is just another way for a middle manager to rise through the ranks in an over-managed bureaucracy, not a way to actually learn about business in any real useful way.

for example, take a look at the Harvard case study method, it's a p bullshit way to teach business of any sort, and looks an awful lot like Creative Writing 101 Workshop at a scrub-tier community college. better would be to require undergraduate engineering levels of mathematical sophistication and teach things like real options theory, modeling of dynamic systems, and so on, along with a broad history of trade and economics, and business law. but no, Harvard has people read stories and do class discussions and presentations, so that's what all "Masters" in Business Administration curricula must do.

mba things crack me up because they use all these dumb business words to refer to things that are blindingly obvious or w/e, and have this whole business jargon poo poo worked out, they don't do 'status reports' they have 'tollgates' and poo poo

my boss is a prof in the b-school here so i'm encircled by mbas and its just the worst

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I'll probably get an mba eventually but just because :

eschaton posted:

an MBA is just another way for a middle manager to rise through the ranks in an over-managed bureaucracy, not a way to actually learn about business in any real useful way.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
there actually can be some relatively :coal: math involved in figuring out the best way to run a business or divide up resources

do mba programs teach linear programming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i would be okay with an mba

a macbook air !!!!

• Locked thread