Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm kind of surprised we've gotten so few dragon fights. Mashima is pretty good at drawing dragons, and nothing is cooler than dragons and boobies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Gyges posted:

I'm kind of surprised we've gotten so few dragon fights. Mashima is pretty good at drawing dragons, and nothing is cooler than dragons and boobies.

Its probably Mashima saving them for impact points and all. Each time dragons do appear, you know shits about to get real.

I agree on how he draws 'em though. His dragons are HUGE, or certainly feel it.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Good hype up chapter.

I was hoping he would throw Natsu from up there :allears:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
RIP Igneel, you're gonna get owned.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
When he dies Igneel's blood will rain down on Natsu and he will become a super dragon slayer.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Igneel has not activated Human Slayer Mode yet.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
New Fairy Tail.

Can we just end the Face subplot already?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
:siren::siren::siren:The cover page features a fully clothed Erza.:siren::siren::siren:

I suppose Mashima is dying.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

:siren::siren::siren:The cover page features a fully clothed Erza.:siren::siren::siren:

It also isn't a gratuitous rear end or bust shot. Erza fights stopped being fun to read when they stopped being about how badly the best fighter was going to wreck poo poo and became an excuse to pantyshot. What is going on????

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 30, 2014

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

There's an ad for another Fairy Tail magazine above it featuring her properly half naked. I'm sure Mashima was informed of this beforehand, or else it would never have made it to print.

I liked the part where Kyouka's rear end realized what Mard Geer was asking it to do.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I liked the part where Kyouka's rear end realized what Mard Geer was asking it to do.
You can tell he's been getting tips from the Prison School guy.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I really dont care about this drawn out fight between Ezra and Kyouka. I want to see Natsu either punch a dragon or continue to pressure Mad Geer like a badass. But it will end with the usual crap; he's hurt oh no what will he do FOR FRIENDSHIP. When it's really for INFORMATION!!!

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
New chapter.

Ezra be hard as hell.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I made you feel a lot of pain! Now you can't feel pain anymore! THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A GREAT IDEA

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Sooo... next chapter is basically gonna be this, right?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

All manga are Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, and all manga must one day return to it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

vibratingsheep posted:

I made you feel a lot of pain! Now you can't feel pain anymore! THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A GREAT IDEA

Yeah, that didn't make any sense. I was kind of hoping that her you can't steal this light thing was actually going to be her magic eye coming back to gently caress with another boss.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was the dumbest "Erza wins, lol" moment so far, and that's saying a lot.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Gyges posted:

Yeah, that didn't make any sense. I was kind of hoping that her you can't steal this light thing was actually going to be her magic eye coming back to gently caress with another boss.

I was expecting it to be due to the magic eye as well. I'm kind of disappointed it wasn't, actually.

If Mashima mentions it next chapter though, color me surprised.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

Hey, she may not be able to punch people with fire, but punching people while wearing pants with a fire pattern is close enough. Also her super power for practically the entire series has pretty much been "Erza outright refuses to die, and her opponents cannot deal with this fact."

vvvv Also yes, Erza rules.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 7, 2014

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Sindai posted:

Erza rules though so I'm cool with it.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
What's the deal with Ezra love? She's utterly boring character. All of the retarded bullshit side (FOR FRIENDSHIP!!) that is, at least Natsu has cool fire and a loving dragon inside of him. I really like Jubia (Juvia?), she's been thrown to the side though :( Her fight against Gray was actually really cool.

Annnnnnnnnnyway, I want Natsu fight. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn don't let up, no for friendship moment just kickass till he drops.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

What's the deal with Ezra love? She's utterly boring character. All of the retarded bullshit side (FOR FRIENDSHIP!!) that is, at least Natsu has cool fire and a loving dragon inside of him. I really like Jubia (Juvia?), she's been thrown to the side though :( Her fight against Gray was actually really cool.

Annnnnnnnnnyway, I want Natsu fight. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn don't let up, no for friendship moment just kickass till he drops.

Erza is the only female character who ever really gets to do anything of note by herself. That's largely why people like her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also her soloing all the monsters in the Tournament arc, thus depriving everyone else she was up against of the chance to fight, was pretty awesome.

That being said at this point I'm pretty much only here for Gajeel.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
This arc has been really gross for Ezra, and I don't care much for how sexualized she gets, but she's also a female character who is considered one of the physically strongest and is allowed to be just as dumb a the guys in a shounen manga. It's still fairly unique. Her design is fairly good too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Erza has had tons of fights where she just gets beaten up without it being overtly sexual. Why did Mashima have to make the subtext into plain text? It makes the entire manga look worse in retrospect, because while Mashima has a definite problem with the paper clothes curse, he otherwise went fairly light on the misogyny. Well, light for a shounen fighting manga.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Comic posted:

This arc has been really gross for Ezra, and I don't care much for how sexualized she gets, but she's also a female character who is considered one of the physically strongest and is allowed to be just as dumb a the guys in a shounen manga. It's still fairly unique. Her design is fairly good too.

She hasn't had a real fight for a while though. I've already forgotten what the last arc was but I remember being similarly disappointed. Also the firepants look is boring as poo poo. When was the last time she actually made good use of her armor change?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also her soloing all the monsters in the Tournament arc, thus depriving everyone else she was up against of the chance to fight, was pretty awesome.

That being said at this point I'm pretty much only here for Gajeel.
That was pretty drat cool actually! Completely forgot about that moment.

I'm here just for the dragons and there's not enough of it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well it HAS been like a whole single-digit # of chapters since a female cast member was rendered nearly nude.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Oct 9, 2014

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
New chapter

My bet is that FACE doesn't work.

Comic fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 11, 2014

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
"Where's the kaboom? There's supposed to be a magic destroying kaboom!"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
No, seriously, if you turn off all her senses then it doesn't matter how susceptible to pain you make her. Think your evil villain plans through, lady.

Face On? Now I'm going to be eternally disappointed when Fairy Tail Nick Cage doesn't just show up for a Face Off gag.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
But then she shouldn't be able to detect where her enemy is... but she was still feeling pain.

My bet is Face is not what they think Face is.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I know this is the manga thread and all, but in case anyone is interested(probably none) the anime had aired some of the .5 chapters and is now onto a celestial spirit centric filler arc.

Small anime-spoiler synopsis: Problems in the celestial world are spilling over to the human world. The weather everywhere is completely opposite and Lucy's 10 golden key spirits, who are opposite personalities too, are leading the change. I assume Libra and Pisces have changed as well but we'll see.

Guess they're waiting on the manga to go further to avoid stopping in the middle like they did with the Grand Magic Games arc.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

chapters up
http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/407/2590/1

please let gray not job out on this one.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Mashima isn't very consistent about Zeref's motivations, is he?

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

Mashima isn't very consistent about Zeref's motivations, is he?

Sure he is, Zeref has been trying to get someone to kill him every time he's showed up! It's all he cares about!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Thunderbro posted:

Sure he is, Zeref has been trying to get someone to kill him every time he's showed up! It's all he cares about!

I think you're making some kind of joke here, but I don't get it because I am dumb. Could you please explain?

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

I think you're making some kind of joke here, but I don't get it because I am dumb. Could you please explain?

Nope. Every single time he's met Natsu he's gone "So you're not strong enough yet huh...". The reason he cares about Natsu is because he has the potential to one day kill him. He basically has psycho mode where his powers are active, and good guy mode where they're mostly sealed but he indiscriminately kills everything around him without control. So he wants to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Thunderbro posted:

Nope. Every single time he's met Natsu he's gone "So you're not strong enough yet huh...". The reason he cares about Natsu is because he has the potential to one day kill him. He basically has psycho mode where his powers are active, and good guy mode where they're mostly sealed but he indiscriminately kills everything around him without control. So he wants to die.

What about him wanting to kill all the other humans because he considers them evil, though? Which is especially silly because it's not like the demons are any better.

Edit: Or did he only want to kill all humans in psycho mode? I thought that was actually his goal when he was "good", while the "evil" Zeref wanted to do basically the same thing with even less of a reason, but I don't really remember.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 2, 2014

• Locked thread