Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Dewgy posted:

i can't be trusted, i would go for this

I have no idea how he found my facebook either, I just got a friend request out the blue. I did buy a nasty old Jolana from a Romanian guy in here in the UK a few years back which I fixed up (which was then brought by a Lithuanian plumber who played it then gave me a huge hug and said "I will buy this to gently caress old soviets with, English craftsman are superior!). The guy I brought it off did have my email, maybe he found my facebook that way? Who knows.

E:

SubG posted:

Trade him for some hand-wound pickups. You've got fridge magnets and speaker cable, right?

I offered him some re-wound strat-sized humbuckers that I brought from a skeevy Chinese website (they cost about £2 each if I remember right) along with 500 transparent piss-yellow picks and 10 packets of guitar strings which turned out to be "Genuine" Fender Strings. I'll scan in the packet when I get my lovely printer fixed.

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
I was just about to go to bed and some guy from a facebook group sent me a picture of something he'd just pulled out of a skip;

Love those nasty surplus light-switches.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOkQjI89qE4

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

I never thought I'd have content for this thread. Then my cousin sent me a message today, "You need a guitar made out of a bed pan?"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat
That Romanian guy now wants western union, so I'm pretty sure he's trying to scam me :sigh:. I wanted me a gross soviet guitar.

Aoi-chan posted:

I never thought I'd have content for this thread. Then my cousin sent me a message today, "You need a guitar made out of a bed pan?"

Yes,yes do you.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Aoi-chan posted:

Not every balalaika player gets the chance to run offstage if they've got the vodka sharts

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Aoi-chan posted:

Is that a soapbar pickup made out of a bar of soap?

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

White Dog Eggs posted:

I was just about to go to bed and some guy from a facebook group sent me a picture of something he'd just pulled out of a skip;

Love those nasty surplus light-switches.

gently caress intonation

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Irradiation posted:

I don't think I've ever paid more than 40 cents for a pick.

Most of mine are stolen

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

tacodaemon posted:

Not every balalaika player gets the chance to run offstage if they've got the vodka sharts

GG Allin

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

White Dog Eggs posted:

Some Romanian guy added me on facebook and is trying to sell me his "farthers guitar not been played for 20 year".

He now wants to swap it for some hand-wound pickups, I'm only half sure he's scamming me too, it's the oddest thing...

I.... I think I own this now.

Cost me 3 'meh'-quality pickups and £30 for postage via paypal. Either I just got scammed by a random Romanian or in 2-3 weeks I will be the proud owner of... That.

Did I do a bad thing?

Fax Sender posted:

gently caress intonation

Apparently it's a baritone, so if it can be made playable it's a pretty good find! I've only ever found lovely acoustics in skips :(.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I73MmppDsg

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

tacodaemon posted:

Check it out I found another guitarist who favors the Ibanez vine fretboard inlay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YXpfcZy2Sk

And here I thought it was going to be this wonderful human being.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LEQb1RqLbM

Sockington fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 29, 2014

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Sockington posted:

And here I thought I was going to be this wonderful human being.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LEQb1RqLbM

The best part is when he pauses the recording in the middle of the song and the lighting turns orange.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

tacodaemon posted:

Check it out I found another guitarist who favors the Ibanez vine fretboard inlay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YXpfcZy2Sk

there's a little smile around 1:45 when she does a little bend thing that is just adorable :3:

i know that feeling kid

"hehehehe yeah that did exactly what i wanted it to check it out :3:"

e: wait romeo rose is 24 or that guitar is 24

if he's 24 that's just loving sad

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dewgy posted:

there's a little smile around 1:45 when she does a little bend thing that is just adorable :3:

i know that feeling kid

"hehehehe yeah that did exactly what i wanted it to check it out :3:"

e: wait romeo rose is 24 or that guitar is 24

if he's 24 that's just loving sad

i think hes 24 in the video, or the video is 24 years old

any way you look at it theres no such thing as too young to play boring poo poo electric blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yojhUL2TiIs

i feel bad for kids like this, their dad hands em a book of scales and tells them to just disregard rhythm whenever possible and at a young age they're touring around awful festivals instead of blowing things up over summer break.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-...1772783261.html

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
I have seen many acrylic guitars but never one with an acrylic neck. I can't imagine how awful that must play

e: somehow after seeing that some random browsing brought be to this:

kiiiinda want? no definitely want.

Synonamess Botch fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 29, 2014

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i'm not quite sure i understand how that picture works out, perspective wise

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Synonamess Botch posted:

I have seen many acrylic guitars but never one with an acrylic neck. I can't imagine how awful that must play

was that from bernie sr's pcp period?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Synonamess Botch posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the BC Rich design-aesthetic but that finish suits the guitar really well.
Gives it like a Thatcher-era british working-class-metal vibe.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
We moved to Colorado on short notice and I rented the house to (what turned out to be) crackheads but I got 3 of my 4 guitars in this week:

'65 teisco del rey with one ceramic pickup you can scream into (first)
early 80s yamaha neckthru with EMGs (my god drat shred machine)
late 90s ibanez RG470 (boring but solid)

my six string bass wasn't sent with the others but i'm calling it a loss cause it was a Rondo Music special. six strings are dumb anyways i'm just buying a 4 next time.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Synonamess Botch posted:

I hate tobacco burst, anyything with tobacco-burst on it looks stupid. It kind of works here though.

Pondex posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the BC Rich design-aesthetic but that finish suits the guitar really well.

^
100% This

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

e: wrong thread

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
The "Devo" Guitar

The legend goes that this was obtained off a photographer who was tagging along with DEVO's Australian tour during the 80's
It was reportedly destroyed on stage, salvaged by the photographer, and had the neck repaired. Like some cursed idol it's traded hands when money is tight.

Sadly it's the only picture I managed to sneak as the owner is somewhat paranoid about it being seen.

However, having found no photos of it in action, I actually emailed the band - they claim they never used this at all. It's likely some weird fan-art that's been incredibly passed off as an official DEVO guitar, because of the teeny band name written in the corner.

I have no idea what it is actually - or what it could be worth (I suspect junk). It still works, the pickup's a bit broken, so it sounds quite grotty unless held with tape.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Yeah when I think Devo guitars I think of literally anything but a standard Strat or Les Paul shape, the less popular and more likely to turn up unloved in an Ohio pawnshop the better.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

gently caress Your Website posted:

Yeah when I think Devo guitars I think of literally anything but a standard Strat or Les Paul shape, the less popular and more likely to turn up unloved in an Ohio pawnshop the better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXgJKDxagU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

gently caress Your Website posted:

pretty sure they also played the aluminum Tokai guitars at some point

second one seems to be lucite or whatever but you get the idea. I think some of them had built in LEDs too

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Pondex posted:

I have the mockingbird ST

I like its aesthetic because i've always been a fan of the look of Gibson SGs and it looks like a weird non-cliche twist on it

but generally yeah BC Rich is for metal idiots

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

pretty sure they also played the aluminum Tokai guitars at some point

loving sexy.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shiksa posted:

i think hes 24 in the video, or the video is 24 years old

any way you look at it theres no such thing as too young to play boring poo poo electric blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yojhUL2TiIs

i feel bad for kids like this, their dad hands em a book of scales and tells them to just disregard rhythm whenever possible and at a young age they're touring around awful festivals instead of blowing things up over summer break.

"virtuoso"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I never see black people doing this to their children. It's always the pastiest white fuckwads skronking out the most milquetoast poo poo.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

fyodor posted:

I never see black people doing this to their children. It's always the pastiest white fuckwads skronking out the most milquetoast poo poo.

Ray Goren doesn't care what you think

Dirt
May 26, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJGIdCy5Rc

I saw this kid open for Buddy Guy once. He was like ~13 or something, playing old blues songs and originals. It felt so disingenuous. Hearing a 13 year old singing about heartbreak is sort of hilarious. But everyone seemed to enjoy him. It was strange more than anything.

Gotta say though I wish I got to open for and jam with Buddy Guy on the regular.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 30, 2014

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
kid's got chops, man

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Incredulous Dylan posted:

kid's got tone, man

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dude's pretty good.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

fyodor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-arntrLkI

e: because this is the best thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TviTCFAGr6w

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

JHVH-1 posted:

Am I looking at a realdoll holding a guitar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

JHVH-1 posted:

"Dad made me practice my bluesface, instead of playing video games again. My face hurts."

• Locked thread