Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Numlock posted:

It was funny every game (that was on ESPN) to hear the commentators talk about how loved Adam James was for going through his terrible experience at the hands of Leach when the reality was that most wanted him kicked off the team and also possibly dumped into an unmarked grave out in desert somewhere.

Local media in Tampa was the same way when Jim Leavitt got fired for similar stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

R.D. Mangles posted:

And the mainstream media remains silent about those grisly Craig James murders.

some of the stores here in pullman still sell #CJK5H gear, also http://www.cougcenter.com/2012/5/9/3009941/mike-leach-cjk5h-book-signing

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

He spent a lot of his own money in his campaign too.

Then he got hired by fox southern sports affiliate for a day before the higher ups caught wind. He lasted like less than a day before headquarters fired him and revoked the affiliate's hiring powers.

That was a cool weekend

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

vyst posted:

It's a good thing the NCAA is a non profit org and the schools don't make any money from football programs to be able to create a stable of doctors similar to how they do officials. </sarcastic handjerking motion> Certainly there's a supply of docs willing to get an expense paid trip for the day to a NCAA football game.

If I was a doctor, I would absolutely turn down a one off (or two, or five) "trip for the day" to fill that role.

I would do this because I would have more than ample means to go to games when and wherever I felt like it, and also because it would not be worth an "expense paid trip for the day" to potentially be the guy who's face is plastered all over every highlight package because I said Marcus Mariota couldn't play the second half.

Edit- I'm not a doctor, haven't been to a live game in 3 seasons, and still wouldn't do it even if I theoretically had the credentials to be offered such a position.

Shappa fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 30, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Shappa posted:

If I was a doctor, I would absolutely turn down a one off (or two, or five) "trip for the day" to fill that role.

I would do this because I would have more than ample means to go to games when and wherever I felt like it, and also because it would not be worth an "expense paid trip for the day" to potentially be the guy who's face is plastered all over every highlight package because I said Marcus Mariota couldn't play the second half.

Edit- I'm not a doctor, haven't been to a live game in 3 seasons, and still wouldn't do it even if I theoretically had the credentials to be offered such a position.

That's when TV doctors fill in and go BAH GAWD HE WAS FINE

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yea it's not like you name the doctors or even put them on TV.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

And the mainstream media remains silent about those grisly Craig James murders.

I've also heard Craig James was responsible for several grizzly murders

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Kidd-Liggit posted:

So......Stanley Williams, Dorian Baker, Drew Barker, and Tymere Dubose have all been suspended for the South Carolina game. For those who don't follow UK news closely (like all of you) there was a lockdown last night for gunmen on campus which turned out to be these 4 screwing around with a BB gun. From what I understand, they didn't do anything but shoot BB's in the air and they didn't try to rob/intimidate people with it, so this isn't an expelled from school thing but it's still really loving dumb to do.

Baker and Williams are major contributors this season, so it's awesome that they decided to gently caress around the weekend before a major game.

Dipshits.

Everybody does dumb poo poo in college, but playing with a BB gun in the middle of a campus is just beyond stupid. They definitely deserve the suspension for that. At least this year, UK actually has some depth to absorb something like this. Still, what idiots.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So either George O'Leary is hilariously over the top amazingly racist or someone wants you to believe he is:

quote:

The suit alleges that O'Leary used a derogatory word for African-Americans and called the NFL "one big 'Ru-Ru' tribe." The suit also alleges O'Leary once advised coaches to check African-American players "to make sure their gums are blue, because they are bigger, faster and stronger than (African-American players) with red gums."

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

vyst posted:

Yea it's not like you name the doctors or even put them on TV.

Well poo poo you solved that problem right there. No way information like that would EVER leak out!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

So either George O'Leary is hilariously over the top amazingly racist or someone wants you to believe he is:

Was he literally consulting a slave buying guide from 1830?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

pillsburysoldier posted:

I'm starting to wonder what it takes to get out of playoff contention
You can't trust it since it has Arizona in contention.

Arizona.

We're undefeated but I don't know what they're smoking.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

You can't trust it since it has Arizona in contention.

Arizona.

We're undefeated but I don't know what they're smoking.
It's just a feature where they start with literally everyone and eliminate teams week-by-week. They keep some alive but for most teams, their first loss will knock them out. But until you actually lose, you're in contention.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU QB Quinn Kaehler has been ruled out for this week's game. Freshman Nick Bawden will start.

:ohdear:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It's just a feature where they start with literally everyone and eliminate teams week-by-week. They keep some alive but for most teams, their first loss will knock them out. But until you actually lose, you're in contention.
Nope! Undefeated BYU and undefeated Georgia Tech are "on the fence." Okay, you think, lovely schedules. Then how about undefeated TCU (playing a Big 12 schedule)?

There's something else in their 'formula'/guts. Regardless what's going on, though, calling Arizona a contender is hilarious and I eagerly await our grisly murder in Autzen.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 30, 2014

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

poo poo, they kept saying Penn State was in the mix and I'd sit here thinking "pretty sure you can pencil in some sort of massacre against Ohio State that'll end that fast."

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Still don't understand how Hoke has a job right now.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Dont forget that Tech also canned Leach right before he was due a bonus

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

Brandon would never fire him himself and would ordinarily be counted on to be giving a full-throated endorsement of his coach at this point. Managing a media circus and mugging for the cameras is one of Brandon's favorite things to do.

However, Brandon has been completely absent the last two days. Something is clearly up. We'll know what soon.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

quote:

On February 25, 2014, Liberty Institute filed suit on James' behalf against Fox, claiming he was fired for his religious beliefs

Wow. Craig James is suing Fox of all places for firing him over anti-gay beliefs. How lovely of a person do you have to be for that to happen?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Well it would be Dave Brandon's job to fire him and he happens to be a bit preoccupied right now worrying about his own job. Or how to somehow monetize this whole situation.

Shane Morris Con-custard? Served in the 3rd string QB's missing helmet?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

limeincoke posted:

Wow. Craig James is suing Fox of all places for firing him over anti-gay beliefs. How lovely of a person do you have to be for that to happen?

Craig James lovely

no it's not a tautology

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Still mad to this day that Mike Leach didn't become KU's coach.

I mean, I know, I know, Mangino is what everyone accused Leach of being and KU didn't want a repeat of that and you don't want to piss in the catbox you just left and etc., but dammit, dammit, dammit, that was close to ours. That could've actually made our team take a step forward instead of the inevitable step back it took. gently caress.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

go3 posted:

Dont forget that Tech also canned Leach right before he was due a bonus

The Bob Knight stuff probably had Texas Tech very edgy about abusive coaches. The head honchos didn't want to become known as the pariahs who knew but didn't do enough to stop it.

e - or Leach just didn't get along with the administration. I understand that Tuberville never fit in, either.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Probably Magic posted:

Still mad to this day that Mike Leach didn't become KU's coach.

Don't worry, wishing that Mike Leach was your team's coach is a perfectly reasonable emotion to have at all times. Hell, I was disappointed when WSU scooped him up before our coaching search even started and we ended up going with some rear end in a top hat named Jim Mora instead.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I would like Steve Spurrier to come coach Michigan.

Not for any reasons related to coaching football, but just because it would make the Big Ten entertaining again in some way. Urban Meyer would probably poo poo a brick.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Charlie Weis' firing made me curious. Notre Dame fans suffered through Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham, and Charlie Weis after the Lou Holtz era ended. All 3 coaches went on to coach elsewhere and are a combined 25-80 over all or parts of 10 collective seasons. The best single season among them? Tyrone Willingham's 2006 Washington Huskies, who finished 5-7. Talk about 3 bad coaching hires.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Orgeron yet. He's from Louisiana and everything!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Raku posted:

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Orgeron yet. He's from Louisiana and everything!

Flight tracker shows a plane from Tuscaloosa heading for Ann Arbor.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dennis Allen's available.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
so my We Want Bama sign at wazzu/oregon?

they took a gigapixel crowd photo at the game! i went to find myself in it and

http://gigapixel.panoramas.com/washingtonstate/football/20140920/?view.fov=7.20&view.vlookat=-3.03&view.hlookat=-195.91

god DAMNIT

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 30, 2014

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
http://coacheshotseat.com/

^^ Nick Saban better shape up or he's going to find himself coaching at KU. Also lol at Kingsbury being #20, its almost like these people just made a list of the coaches who have lost more than 2 games in the last few weeks.

LLCoolJD posted:

e - or Leach just didn't get along with the administration. I understand that Tuberville never fit in, either.

Tuberville did have the misfortune of being the guy after THE GUY, but yeah he was a square peg in a round hole for sure. Also terrible at his job.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Somebody needs to buy you a Mike Wizowski avatar.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Numlock posted:

http://coacheshotseat.com/

^^ Nick Saban better shape up or he's going to find himself coaching at KU. Also lol at Kingsbury being #20, its almost like these people just made a list of the coaches who have lost more than 2 games in the last few weeks.

Tuberville did have the misfortune of being the guy after THE GUY, but yeah he was a square peg in a round hole for sure. Also terrible at his job.

It's like Saban is on that list just to see if anyone's paying attention to the clickbait. He could lose every game for the rest of the season and Bama fans would blame themselves for not wearing the right colored socks to the games.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

wheez the roux posted:

http://gigapixel.panoramas.com/washingtonstate/football/20140920/?view.fov=7.20&view.vlookat=-3.03&view.hlookat=-195.91

god DAMNIT

You look just how I pictured you.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

wheez the roux posted:

god DAMNIT

oh my god ahahahahahah

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

wheez the roux posted:

god DAMNIT

Lookin' good wheez

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
wheez is Charlie, TFF is the intercom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

You can always tell a Milford man.

But seriously though can we make that the permanent TFF background or something?

• Locked thread