Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

ReidRansom posted:

I like that someone so sensitive as to be physically hurled though space by the word retarded wrote such a ridiculous caricature of a retarded person.

I cant believe that this person bothered writing this whole story. They are so sensitive to words but keep contemplating attacking the person who said them as if that reaction is somehow noble. If this person really has a kid with autism, I imagine the kid is absolutely miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I AM SOOOOO OFFENDED BY THE WORD RETARD GUYS! LOOK HOW GOOD A PERSON I AM!

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I AM SOOOOO OFFENDED BY THE WORD RETARD GUYS! LOOK HOW GOOD A PERSON I AM!

To the point where I several times considered physically injuring someone for saying a word.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

jabby posted:

To the point where I several times considered physically injuring someone for saying a word.

And spent 1000 words writing a description of a fictional person with autism that is completely offensive, holy poo poo.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Lowly posted:

And spent 1000 words writing a description of a fictional person with autism that is completely offensive, holy poo poo.

Hmm... I've got the evil shopkeeper and the brave defender of justice down pat, now I just need some way to humanize the retar-- special person... I've got it, I know a movie they can identify with!

Junius
May 14, 2006

Thank you, entertainment committee.
I've met a lot of people diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum (not all of them, I'll admit) and none of them have ever acted anything like that. Not even close to that. I don't know what the gently caress that story is supposed to be, apart from someone having a sad wank about how good and special they think they are.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Junius posted:

I've met a lot of people diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum (not all of them, I'll admit) and none of them have ever acted anything like that. Not even close to that. I don't know what the gently caress that story is supposed to be, apart from someone having a sad wank about how good and special they think they are.

If you make the mistake of reading the author's original post on her blog, you'll figure out instantly why she wrote that bullshit story. She got so many asspats from commenters, going on about how brave she was and what a compassionate soul she is and so on. :barf:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Nothing fancy, just typical tumblr bullshit. I'm sure this was absolutely an """"accident""""

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof
When she asked Jacob if he thought Carol was a nice person I was hoping he'd say "No, she's retarded."

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Wild T posted:

I can actually kind of believe this one, but it's probably got the reason all wrong. My wife went into labor at around eleven in the morning and refused to leave her office until after five. Of course this is because she knew from her last pregnancy the hospital wouldn't admit her yet since her contractions being too far apart, so she figured she could get poo poo done while she waited. I could see someone saying "well, I can't go yet and I'll be stuck in a maternity ward for the next couple days, may as well get a good meal while I wait." Of course in that case you wouldn't go to loving IHOP.

People do dumb poo poo like that all the time, my aunt once had a woman with a broken arm come in for a haircut because she didn't want to look bad at the ER

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

Tracula posted:

Nothing fancy, just typical tumblr bullshit. I'm sure this was absolutely an """"accident""""

I could kind of believe accidentally printing it that small. My roommate had to print a resume for a class we're both in and somehow Google Docs made it come out tiny in the top left corner of the page.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

I could kind of believe accidentally printing it that small. My roommate had to print a resume for a class we're both in and somehow Google Docs made it come out tiny in the top left corner of the page.

This is true. I forgot that printers are the goddamn devil and they will find new ways to gently caress up just printing black ink on white paper every single time you try.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
STDH from inside the forums:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650553

Who knows when it departed from real, but these parts are great/sad STDH:

quote:

. I then put it back on the tree as fast as possible, hoping the neighbor didn't see me or find out about it. I was kinda rushing things too and it just happened I was planning to meet my friend immediately after and we, being huge geeks, were planning to cosplay and I was going to play as the Delgado Master from Doctor Who... so I'm wearing all black and I have a pointy beard and I even quickly put black gloves on so I wouldn't forget. The comic expo was in a day off but she wanted to see how things looked and see if there was anything we needed to add.

quote:

Then the older lady starts "You are one of them hackers, you hacked this message with your phone."

quote:

He come up to me while the lady stays behind and he goes "so you like a member of anonymous or something?"

Tired and feeling confident because I have a giant dog with me I go "Yeah, what about it."

"You guys on that 4chan are some sick fucks" he says loud and angrily, but then he leans in and says quietly "but gently caress man, you guys know how to gently caress poo poo up. Those pictures of JLaw and Upton, super fly poo poo man. Peace to you bro."

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

dijon du jour posted:

Bullshit Stories from Wayside School.

I know this is several pages old, but thank you. I have literally been trying to remember the names of these books for two weeks now, because I thought they'd be great for my daughter.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Palisader posted:

I know this is several pages old, but thank you. I have literally been trying to remember the names of these books for two weeks now, because I thought they'd be great for my daughter.

Louis Sachar is a dadaist genius.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Obdicut posted:

STDH from inside the forums:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650553

Who knows when it departed from real, but these parts are great/sad STDH:

Man, I'm hoping against hope it's real. I know it isn't. I know I know I know it isn't.

But I want it to be. :smith:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

http://imgur.com/gallery/Fi6dq

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

but gently caress man, you guys know how to gently caress poo poo up. Those pictures of JLaw and Upton, super fly poo poo man. Peace to you bro."

I feel like this is racist, and I don't think I've ever had a person talk like that.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

This has been bouncing around the web for a few days. A 20-year-old tumblr user claims she wrote it in 5th grade (which in the U.S. is usually around 10 years old).

tacodaemon has a new favorite as of 06:54 on Sep 29, 2014

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

tacodaemon posted:

This has been bouncing around the web for a few days. A 20-year-old tumblr user claims she wrote it in 5th grade (which in the U.S. is usually around 10 years old).

I never met a 5th grader who could write so well as to perfectly execute a loser 20 year old pretending to be a 10 year old. Kid should be in Harvard.

In 5th grade I went to one of the shittiest schools in the city and we still had hardcore vocabulary lessons and wrote long rear end essays.

E: and that cutesy handwriting and marker wouldn't fly. That's an instantaneous F.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:06 on Sep 29, 2014

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Wizard of Smart posted:

Man, I'm hoping against hope it's real. I know it isn't. I know I know I know it isn't.

But I want it to be. :smith:

You really have to admire the fact that he doubled down on the whole thing after getting called out.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I never met a 5th grader who could write so well as to perfectly execute a loser 20 year old pretending to be a 10 year old. Kid should be in Harvard.

In 5th grade I went to one of the shittiest schools in the city and we still had hardcore vocabulary lessons and wrote long rear end essays.

Apparently she posted it a year ago and it's still following her around and now she's annoyed at all the people pointing out that her fake made-up thing is fake and made-up: http://thisishangingrockcomics.tumblr.com/post/98187419568/ugh-http-www-altpress-com-news-entry-read-a-5th-g

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

tacodaemon posted:

Apparently she posted it a year ago and it's still following her around and now she's annoyed at all the people pointing out that her fake made-up thing is fake and made-up: http://thisishangingrockcomics.tumblr.com/post/98187419568/ugh-http-www-altpress-com-news-entry-read-a-5th-g

Ha maybe now she can use it to write a college thesis about "internet media" "pressure" "high school" and such.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

I saved that image when it was last posted on SA in February 2013.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I'm going to confess, I watched something like this, but it was a bunch of drunkass university students at a Safeway buying god knows what and it was less tactful and more awkward. Also the husband was kind of pissed that I remember.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Please, why would a person be upset at everyone in the grocery store suddenly announcing in turn that they want to gently caress your significant other? Next you'll be telling me the mother instead of being flattered would feel extremely uncomfortable or that they wouldn't spontaneously burst into "Bohemian Rhapsody" after announcing their lust for her.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

M-O-O-N, that spells Ace Ventura!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wild T posted:

M-O-O-N, that spells Ace Ventura!

:golfclap:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tacodaemon posted:

Who cares if that's made up it is the best thing.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

The Devil Tesla posted:

Who cares if that's made up it is the best thing.

If fake "children trying to interpret adult issues with ensuing misunderstandings that are supposed to make you ponder whether they really might be right anyway" is the best thing, I guess so

Otherwise gonna have to disagree with you there

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

It's the best thing, as it's so goddamned unable to be self aware that it is simultaneously the least punk thing ever and hilarious.

E: It's cargo cult punk, written with hipster pens by a 25 y/o reliving his/her/their youth and trying to be hip again. Seriously, what's not to laugh at (them) about that.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

StealthArcher posted:

It's the best thing, as it's so goddamned unable to be self aware that it is simultaneously the least punk thing ever and hilarious.

E: It's cargo cult punk, written with hipster pens by a 25 y/o reliving his/her/their youth and trying to be hip again. Seriously, what's not to laugh at (them) about that.

I guess it's okay as long as we're laughing at and not with :unsmith:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

And that boy was...Albert Einstein.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
e: wrong thread

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Reddit posted:

They banned running at my elementary school. If you ran during recess, you'd be sitting on the bench for the rest of the break.

My friend ran into a teacher accidentally while we were playing tag. She didn't fall or anything, but it was probably a bit of a surprise. This prompted Ms. Mean to punish the whole school. So she self-righteously banned running.

The next day, Ms. Mean met with all the fifth grade classes to justify her decision. She said people only need one hour of exercise a week to be healthy. It was ridiculously stupid, and that's not any sort of justification for the decision. The tension in the room was palpable. My fifth grade teacher just sat at his desk, chuckling at the sheer ridiculous nature of the whole thing.

The next day, the entire 4th grade and 5th grade sat down by the play structure for the entirety of recess. When they told us to stop sitting together via megaphone, everyone walked around the perimeter of the kickball field and sang songs together.

My friends and I made a ton of flyers to bring back running. While we were handing them out before school, the principal grabbed one. We thought we were in huge trouble. It turns out the principal was never told about this "ban on running."

Mean old lady was taken off yard duty. I don't think she works at my elementary school anymore.

Viva la revolución.

silencekit
May 1, 2014

So loving boring.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Reddit posted:

They banned running at my elementary school. If you ran during recess, you'd be sitting on the bench for the rest of the break.

My friend ran into a teacher accidentally while we were playing tag. She didn't fall or anything, but it was probably a bit of a surprise. This prompted Ms. Mean to punish the whole school. So she self-righteously banned running.

The next day, Ms. Mean met with all the fifth grade classes to justify her decision. She said people only need one hour of exercise a week to be healthy. It was ridiculously stupid, and that's not any sort of justification for the decision. The tension in the room was palpable. My fifth grade teacher just sat at his desk, chuckling at the sheer ridiculous nature of the whole thing.

The next day, the entire 4th grade and 5th grade sat down by the play structure for the entirety of recess. When they told us to stop sitting together via megaphone, everyone walked around the perimeter of the kickball field and sang songs together.

My friends and I made a ton of flyers to bring back running. While we were handing them out before school, the principal grabbed one. We thought we were in huge trouble. It turns out the principal was never told about this "ban on running."

Mean old lady was taken off yard duty. I don't think she works at my elementary school anymore.

Viva la revolución.

This was probably a whomping episode of 'Recess'.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

silencekit posted:

So loving boring.

This.

How dull must life be if thats the best you can pull out of your rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

• Locked thread