Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Season passes are theoretically a pretty consumer-friendly and simple way to disseminate DLC. The principle is sound, it's basically just the publisher going "you like this game? Press this one button and get all the DLC at a reduced cost". The problems arise when they're vague and don't include everything you'd realistically want. But like everything else, don't buy poo poo in good faith unless you're sure you really want it or you think it's a good deal - at least season passes also decrease in price and don't disappear once the season is over, so it seems like a weird thing to complain about as long as they're being forthright about the content, but I guess I don't really care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Brackhar posted:

I call foul sir! The little ? next to your post tells me you've only posted 5 times, and none of those posts have mentioned either her or the Deku spear outside of this one.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

You were asking about Ruto. You don't aim with her. She's basically a mobile AOE damage field with fins. Well, you do aim her standard Y. Basically wait until the bar glows. That means you have minimum two charges of waves. If you send out two waves minimum, you'll automatically send out a special huge wave afterwards. Her waves are extremely strong. I instantly weakness broke a Gibdoh with one wave for example.

It was from another thread but it don't matter. looks like i win this posting game brackhar

oh and Zant is loving nuts

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I'm just glad that Omega Force is keeping the DLC sane recently unlike the mainline games where they just go loving crazy with the amount of stuff where it's hard to find what you actually want/is actually good because the shop page is like 10 pages of different pants and silly weapons.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
Add Nekrews - lets get some missions going!

Game is fun as heck, as I can pop it in for an hour at a time and smash a few mooks :black101:

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

New weapon: Epona: Can be bought separately for 500 yen. Combines Link's sword skills with Epona's kick and charge attacks.
New scenario: Dark Witch Cia: 500 yen. Adds 5 levels to Legend mode showing the story from Cia's point of view.
New adventure map: Master Quest: 500 yen. Adds a whole new adventure map (still seems to be the Zelda 1 map, but the battles are different). The battles have extra conditions like "no healing" or "no items". Gives access to Cia, Valga and Wizzro's higher rank weapons as well as other new weapon ranks and "rewards connected with Master Quest". There's a screenshot of the new map floating around that shows an unlockable icon that I don't remember seeing in the base game (it's like the unlockable weapon icon except instead of a sword it has a shirt. Armor upgrades?) and there seems to be exactly 16 of them, one for each character.
New costume: Guardian of Time: 200 yen. White costumes for Lana and Cia.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The game just went and froze on me, right after I unlocked Midna's tier 2 weapon. I am rather miffed. Has this happened to anybody else?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

The GIG posted:

I'm just glad that Omega Force is keeping the DLC sane recently unlike the mainline games where they just go loving crazy with the amount of stuff where it's hard to find what you actually want/is actually good because the shop page is like 10 pages of different pants and silly weapons.

Someday they'll do some collaborative project with Paradox and Steam will break from the thousands of pages of 99 cent armor DLCs for the game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Here's the map with costume icons.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Here's the map with costume icons.

First off, the person showcasing that is playing as Ghirahim. Good.
Second, that's a lot of costumes. :stare:

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Via Miiverse:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Lana's Deku Spear is great and makes her one of the most mobile characters in the game while still doing a lot of damage. Use the BBBBX combo to bring out the leaf and kill everything in front of you and then dodge cancel it off the flying animation. Rice and repeat. I've found BBBBBB works great on bosses weak points.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oh hell epona got a carrot mechanic. I wonder if she can run around the map quicker too.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
NNID is forpush, let's adventuring

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006
My NNID is Mayheim, gonna add everyone in the OP.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

So hang on, what is it that's not included in the season pass? Just the pre-order bonus costumes?

edit: and just to bother this thread with more questions, does anyone know how to get the second skulltula or the heart piece in the Sheik v. Wizzro square in the first row? I cleared every keep and killed over 1500 enemies in one runthrough, but I still can't find either.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 30, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvXjxVEunm0

Volga Moveset. Despite his Lu Bu-ness, I see a bit of Zhao Yun as well, and I don't just mean the name of his weapon. Is it just me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxCmwopblTE

Wizro the Poe's moveset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69miqF4TM5A

Epona.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 30, 2014

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Do we know yet what the unlockable costume / armor thingies in the new Adventure Mode map are?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there a way to tilt the odds of certain characters' weapons dropping? I'm drowning in loving Hylan Swords but I'm not getting a lot of other stuff.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bloodly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvXjxVEunm0

Volga Moveset. Despite his Lu Bu-ness, I see a bit of Zhao Yun as well, and I don't just mean the name of his weapon. Is it just me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxCmwopblTE

Wizro the Poe's moveset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69miqF4TM5A

Epona.

It never dawned on me that Wizro is also a wallmaster. That's kind of neat.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is there a way to tilt the odds of certain characters' weapons dropping? I'm drowning in loving Hylan Swords but I'm not getting a lot of other stuff.

I'm pretty sure if you play with a character, the odds of dropping their weapon increases slightly, at least in Adventure Mode. I have only the barest of anecdotal evidence to back that up, though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bicyclops posted:

I'm pretty sure if you play with a character, the odds of dropping their weapon increases slightly, at least in Adventure Mode. I have only the barest of anecdotal evidence to back that up, though.

I think this is the case, whoever I'm using I end up getting at least one or two weapons for them (usually the one I'm using) while the rest are grab bags.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ah, so that's how they get you. You get Cia and Pals for free, but you want their third tier weapons? You gotta get on that Master Quest swag, son.

I'm not complaining though, that's an assload of content in the first pack alone. I wasn't expecting the new Legend stages either, I only knew about the Adventure map. I just wish that the new adventure map wasn't still using the same TLZ1 plan. Not a big deal, just a little disappointing.

Gonna go ahead and take the plunge on the pass I think, poo poo is looking good.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Jumping in on the NNID action: VisualPine.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Given their release schedule, it basically ensures that there's always going to be new content before I can finish the old content, which is absolutely fantastic. Nintendo made the right choice with this partnership. I hope they rake in enough money that they decide to do more of this game specifically and more of licensing their characters. There's already the Pokemon/Tekken thing on the way, but just imagine the possibilities.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

THE loving MOON posted:

Ah, so that's how they get you. You get Cia and Pals for free, but you want their third tier weapons? You gotta get on that Master Quest swag, son.

I'm not complaining though, that's an assload of content in the first pack alone. I wasn't expecting the new Legend stages either, I only knew about the Adventure map. I just wish that the new adventure map wasn't still using the same TLZ1 plan. Not a big deal, just a little disappointing.

Gonna go ahead and take the plunge on the pass I think, poo poo is looking good.

Yeah that the only complaint I have is the fact it a reused Zelda 1 map..but it probably the Quest II variant hopefully. Also I just noticed in those videos above that I never knew there was a weak point down move.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So there's Layton/Wright, Fire Emblem/SMT, Pokemon/Tekken, Zelda/Musuo, Bayonetta can dress as Peach, Samus, Star Fox, and Daisy. Yeah I'd say they're embracing the hell out of crossovers.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Pokemon/Tekken.

Pokemon/Tekken.

I'm speechless.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There was also that Nobunaga's Ambitions/Pokemon game for the DS.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How to use the deku staff:
just use the repeated weak attack combo. The one that summons ice pillars. Do that forever.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

Pokemon/Tekken.

Pokemon/Tekken.

I'm speechless.

I can't do the combo name because when it first happened, I put that into Google and got some real bad image search results. :v:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I can't do the combo name because when it first happened, I put that into Google and got some real bad image search results. :v:

Oh. Oh no the baby, why did I look!? :gonk:

edit: To keep anyone else from looking, Pokken is evidently the Dutch word for smallpox. The image results are what you'd expect.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 30, 2014

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Adding my NNID into the ring: Mandukar.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Several of the costumes seems to be recolors for characters like Ghirahim and Agitha.

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

I just picked this game up. My NNID is Nasrik.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Dastardly posted:

Several of the costumes seems to be recolors for characters like Ghirahim and Agitha.

...A giant arrow? Why?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Bloodly posted:

...A giant arrow? Why?

A giant 8-bit arrow like the one from classic old school video game The Legend of Zelda for the NES Minecraft

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Mercury Crusader posted:

A giant 8-bit arrow like the one from classic old school video game The Legend of Zelda for the NES Minecraft
Stop it :negative:

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Does Agitha carry around a basket with jars of honey/jam? I don't know why but that makes me like her way more.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

mamelon posted:

Does Agitha carry around a basket with jars of honey/jam? I don't know why but that makes me like her way more.
Could be an emergency jar of bees:

That's from Dragon Age: Inquisition, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Bicyclops posted:

Given their release schedule, it basically ensures that there's always going to be new content before I can finish the old content, which is absolutely fantastic. Nintendo made the right choice with this partnership. I hope they rake in enough money that they decide to do more of this game specifically and more of licensing their characters. There's already the Pokemon/Tekken thing on the way, but just imagine the possibilities.

After playing this game, I really want Nintendo to trust Omega Force with one more of their franchises.

I've joked about it before but holy poo poo, Fire Emblem Warriors would make so much sense.

Inverness posted:

Could be an emergency jar of bees:

That's from Dragon Age: Inquisition, by the way.

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs-tl6GBOBo

• Locked thread