Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

cat doter posted:

Wait, so I have the Sunken/Old Iron/Ivory crowns, but not Vendrick's one (all I have is something called the bone crown, that's not it is it?). I tried killing Vendrick in the memory thing but it just booted me out. I killed undead Vendrick prior to the DLC coming out, do I have to bonfire ascetic a new Vendrick or something?

Do you have Vendrick's soul? He hid all that in one piece, in this thread's namesake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I did the boss fight with only one knight. Now the three knights are just standing there.

Motherfucker posted:

That whole area is just a whole bunch of fun!!!!!!!!

I really like the Instakill spiked ice rabbit things I mean contact damage is just so cool and not casual.

It's not instakill damage? It hurts, but it is no instakill.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Rudoku posted:

Do you have Vendrick's soul? He hid all that in one piece, in this thread's namesake.

No, I didn't know that stuff was in amana. I mean, why would I? I like exploring without reading faqs and stuff so I suppose it was easy to miss. I wandered around amana though and found it eventually. Now I've got all them sweet rear end crowns!

So does nobody know where the last bonfire in the final DLC is? I can't seem to find it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

cat doter posted:

No, I didn't know that stuff was in amana. I mean, why would I? I like exploring without reading faqs and stuff so I suppose it was easy to miss. I wandered around amana though and found it eventually. Now I've got all them sweet rear end crowns!

So does nobody know where the last bonfire in the final DLC is? I can't seem to find it.

Its behind the locked grate with the 3 undead prisoners and the rampart golem. You need to find the key first which is behind a door that opens when you light 4 sconces, which you couldnt do at first during the storm.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The last one in the first DLC section? (Section as in - it's in the 5-bonfire block in the teleport menu). You need the key you get after lightning four sconces and opening a door near the second bonfire (but before jumping down).

Take that key and open the door past the first two rampart golems (behind the one that's hanging with three hollows). Light the bonfire and slide down!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Define "last", if you would.

They game's internal bonfire order is a bit strange, as I am intimately familiar with from finding the bonfire intensity pointer. The very last bonfire in the game internally is the third one in Eleum Loyce.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
So anyone know what's in the chest at the center of a ring of three golems in the room with the chameleon using invader? because that poo poo is quite difficult to open and I don't wanna bother if its just a pile of silver talismans or whatever.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Motherfucker posted:

So anyone know what's in the chest at the center of a ring of three golems in the room with the chameleon using invader? because that poo poo is quite difficult to open and I don't wanna bother if its just a pile of silver talismans or whatever.

Iirc the Nil curved GS is in there. I managed to get pushed and glitched in the ring by another golem.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Ivory NPC chat: After foolishly dying to the ice quillbeasts, I trudged my way back down there. Encountered the hexer NPC, who I stunlocked right up until he had a dying cast of heavenly thunder which killed me again. By that time, I was tired, so I just ran past every last enemy on my way down there, and sure enough got to the white phantom. I figured I should probably be wary, but not wary enough to expect a one-hit-kill backstab when pulling the lever.

FROM made me ragequit for the night, but I'm still laughing about it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Oh, in case anyone besides the one guy who asked me elsewhere is wondering, the unstated effect of the Northwarder set pieces is a roughly 2.5% boost to spell duration timers per piece.

Nice little side bonus, but not exactly earth-shaking.

Oh, and there's no special surprise with the Ring of the Embedded. It just ups the stats it says it does and increases the damage you take by 8.5%. The description is highly misleading.

Very disappointing, actually. Were I them, I would have made it silently transform the Key into some life-leeching, and/or Dark Greatsword-spewing monstrosity.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 30, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

Hey so the douchebag assassin is back!! Joyous day!!!!!!!!!

He just looked at me and ran away a lot so I got bored and left. He didn't even try to follow.

Tallgeese posted:

Very disappointing, actually. Were I them, I would have made it silently transform the Key into some Dark Greatsword-spewing monstrosity.

That's dumb because you don't get to keep the thing in NG+. It'd be really frustrating to have it taken away until after the Shrine.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The freezing of the area is actually a stroke of genius because it gives away a number of traps for players who are attentive (both of the Mimics are obvious when frozen, if you pay attention as you go through the first time), and forces you to look at some rooms in different ways. The room with the spellcasters, frozen soldiers, golems, and Mimic is a really dastardly trap when you come through it the second time, and it's hard to wrangle even if you know exactly what the game is trying to pull.

Now all we need is a foolproof strategy to kill Aava while he's invisible to save us a runthrough. Because you know somebody will figure out how to pull that off with ease.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's dumb because you don't get to keep the thing in NG+. It'd be really frustrating to have it taken away until after the Shrine.

The chains of the Embedded have the power to transform people into slaves of pleasure, setting them on a path of ruin.

Ah, what could have been.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

This frigid outskirts area loving sucks. You can't see where you're going and if you come across 2 of the lightning horse things you're pretty much hosed. Plus their charge move has a hosed hitbox, it can hit you 3 times with just one charge.

Not fun.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cat doter posted:

This frigid outskirts area loving sucks. You can't see where you're going and if you come across 2 of the lightning horse things you're pretty much hosed. Plus their charge move has a hosed hitbox, it can hit you 3 times with just one charge.

Not fun.

Only one seems to spawn per whiteout, if you kill it before the next one you'll only ever have to contend with one at a time.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I got pretty far just running away from everything (run to the right about a second after you hear their iceball charge-up noise). I think I lasted for like 10 minutes of running around and only died when I stopped to check if the ruin I found was one I had found previously. Haven't located the boss or objective of that area yet though.

I also got invaded by an arbiter there, which was a pretty neat fight since it took him five minutes to find me and then I had to dodge him and the horses. We both had bows too so there was some snow sniper action going on during the blizzards.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

turtlecrunch posted:

I also got invaded by an arbiter there, which was a pretty neat fight since it took him five minutes to find me and then I had to dodge him and the horses. We both had bows too so there was some snow sniper action going on during the blizzards.

So lemme get this straight.

You're both having a sniper duel. In a blizzard. Being harried by enemies.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

Only one seems to spawn per whiteout, if you kill it before the next one you'll only ever have to contend with one at a time.

Yeah that'd be cool except they constantly jump around and fly into the air. poo poo sucks.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

how do you get to there anyway?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
oh god please nobody tell him, i can already see the pages of whiny bitching when the second horse steps on him

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

oh god please nobody tell him, i can already see the pages of whiny bitching when the second horse steps on him

:ironicat:

actually they don't seem to bad, phantoming there is kinda cool.

Also despite how cool the icon of avarice is I don't get why It saps your health... Except maybe because you're wearing a mimic on your head

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 30, 2014

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

Oh, in case anyone besides the one guy who asked me elsewhere is wondering, the unstated effect of the Northwarder set pieces is a roughly 2.5% boost to spell duration timers per piece.

Did you ever figure out what the Sword of Nil's special effect is?

I don't think it's a damage buff related to the game timer because my save has been glitched out to have 999:59:99 time for awhile now and the thing still does pretty poor damage.

I really wanna use the drat thing but the poor damage really gets to me- that you can't buff it is really annoying because at the very least it'd let me assist decently rather than extremely poorly.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Having seen how the boss of the area plays out and the dumb horse poo poo, it makes sense that this is a co-op encouraged area because it's practically loving impossible solo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

:ironicat:

actually they don't seem to bad, phantoming there is kinda cool.

Also despite how cool the icon of avarice is I don't get why It saps your health... Except maybe because you're wearing a mimic on your head

It drained your health in Dark Souls as well, not really a spoiler there. It's the trade off for getting both extra souls and added item find chance, I guess. Kinda means it's straight up worse than the Jester's Hood though, since souls are so easy to come by.

Y'know what would be cool? A ring/piece of armor that blocks soul gain entirely but replaces it with an extreme increase to item drop rate. It'd allow people to play their dumb PvP game and help everyone else get those poo poo rare drops.

fake edit:

Dark Souls Symbol of Avarice description posted:

Monster head resembling a treasure chest.
Once an ancient god, it is said this is the
symbol of shame imposed on a long lost clan,
exiled for the sin of avarice.

Wearing this slightly raises soul absorption
and item discovery, but also affects its
wearer with the curse of the branded.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 30, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nope. You can easily end up fighting against two or three at once.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Nope. You can easily end up fighting against two or three at once.

You can if you don't kill them. I wandered around the edges of the map for like 20 minutes but only had one at a time so long as I made sure they died before the next blizzard hit.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The idea of the constant my little pony attacks is so you're punished for dicking around in the blizzard too long. The best thing you can do is just go fast, hell you don't even have to fight them if you go fast enough.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

All of this is wrong, multiples can spawn, it's happened to me several times, and you can't run from them at all since their charge just runs you down. You can run and dodge simultaneously but you're gonna gently caress up eventually. It's seriously kind of a bullshit area if you're trying to solo it, which I did successfully in both of the other "co-op areas". That area is way, way harder than anything in any Souls game. I can successfully get to the boss and have done so a fair few times, but good luck soloing 2 of those lion boss things holy poo poo.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
They added a version of Lucatiel's hat without the mask in the DLC.
Oh From, you do care.:allears:

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 30, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cat doter posted:

All of this is wrong, multiples can spawn, it's happened to me several times, and you can't run from them at all since their charge just runs you down. You can run and dodge simultaneously but you're gonna gently caress up eventually. It's seriously kind of a bullshit area if you're trying to solo it, which I did successfully in both of the other "co-op areas". That area is way, way harder than anything in any Souls game. I can successfully get to the boss and have done so a fair few times, but good luck soloing 2 of those lion boss things holy poo poo.

I noticed that I saw only one phantom put their sign down in the graves but several people were doing it right at the fog door, so you can still just summon a npc as bait and haul rear end to the end. Good luck if you're playing without summons though. Maybe try alluring skulls?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

can we take a second to appreciate that the tiger boss soul weapon is a motherfucking lightsaber?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I noticed that I saw only one phantom put their sign down in the graves but several people were doing it right at the fog door, so you can still just summon a npc as bait and haul rear end to the end. Good luck if you're playing without summons though. Maybe try alluring skulls?

I might try that next time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't work on those bosses. I think I'm just gonna give in and summon some dudes. I don't mind being defeated by an area that's specifically designed for multiple players. I tried.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

cat doter posted:

I was definitely able to outrun the charge. Maybe try taking all your clothes off, or at least under 50%.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cat doter posted:

Multiple can spawn, they do not spawn at the same time. They also don't seem to spawn if you're in (or maybe just near?) the ruins, though they can follow you in if they were already around.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 30, 2014

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

Multiple can spawn, they do not spawn at the same time. They also don't seem to spawn if you're in (or maybe just near?) the ruins, though they can follow you in if they were already around.

I dunno what to say man, I've successfully killed every one as they spawn each whiteout only to have 2 pop up the next time it happened. It's definitely not exclusively one at a time.

Every time it's happened it's been near the boss fog gate though, that might be it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've wandered around the area a lot but never gone to the boss gate so maybe.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
So what route do I take? Head towards the small ruins, then the larger ruins, then... kind of left? Are there any items in that area to pickup? I don't want to go looking around if the shitsnow is there's nothing there.

Also what does that pharros lockstone do at that one ruin? Just make water? Why?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It heals you, same as in the Iron Keep. There's some stuff (a Mirrah Hat is near the first small ruin) and I think the horses might drop petrified dragon bones rarely, but I may have just happened to kill one on top of one that was already there.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
OK, I've been wandering the Frozen Outskirts for what feels like loving forever. Where's the boss gate. Please, just tell me. I'm hoping I can find some summon signs, because I already know the BS that's in store for me there, but for now I just want to know how to get to the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Gologle posted:

OK, I've been wandering the Frozen Outskirts for what feels like loving forever. Where's the boss gate. Please, just tell me. I'm hoping I can find some summon signs, because I already know the BS that's in store for me there, but for now I just want to know how to get to the boss.

Keep the sun a bit to your right and just keep going forward. When the snow is clear you should also be able to spot buildings. There's three along the way, and after the third you need to heat to a canyon you can drop into.