Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

tbh 'windows 10' tells you through context all you need to know about the os

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it takes a whole loving os update to let people copy and paste in the console easily. jesus christ.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
nintendos

win10dows

makes sense imo

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
cause the NT console is a pretend framebuffer or some poo poo which is why it has that stupid rectangular selection thing that freezes the process

ur literally grabbing a chunk of emulated text-mode framebuffer, there aren't any line break characters for it to pick up at that point.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
windows 10: features that should have been in an operating system 10 years ago

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Fabricated posted:

ctrl+v works in command prompt now, huzzah

I want to meet the team tasked with updating cmd.

Or the team that was designated to work around cmd limitations by over engineering an elaborate way of copying the clipboard text in windows and forwarding it to cmd.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Why now, in 2014 do you update cmd?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

for enterprise: custom wandows store
for keyboards: ctrl+v in command prompt
for touch: the charms bar loool

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

why are they advertising command prompt in a loving product reveal? was this really the best use of your time?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

"We're trying to be thoughtful about a UI that goes across all devices."

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

x first
10 first

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
this is just embarassing

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
guys its not for me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol @ this april fool's joke from last year
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2613504/microsoft-windows/microsoft-skips--too-good--windows-9--jumps-to-windows-10.html

Microsoft skips 'too good' Windows 9, jumps to Windows 10

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

windows: no dumbs allowed

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

guys its not for me

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Q: Any incentive for Windows 7 and Windows XP users to upgrade?
A: "We want to talk about the overall product family." No news on upgrade pricing etc.

:lol:

Q: Can you talk about the name? Seems weird going from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
A: This product, when you see the product in your fullness I think you'll agree with us that it's a more appropriate name.

:lol:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Microsoft Marketing and Branding Summer Offsite 2014

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

oh my god

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

qirex posted:

top-right guy is totally :nsa:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

10:43:34 AM PDT

10:43:57 AM PDT
A: This product, when you see the product in your fullness I think you'll agree with us that it's a more appropriate name.

10:42:59 AM PDT
Q: Any incentive for Windows 7 and Windows XP users to upgrade?

10:43:23 AM PDT
A: "We want to talk about the overall product family." No news on upgrade pricing, etc.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
can't wait to begrudgingly update from widows 7 to 10 at work for no other reason than to get patches

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol @ this april fool's joke from last year
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2613504/microsoft-windows/microsoft-skips--too-good--windows-9--jumps-to-windows-10.html

Microsoft skips 'too good' Windows 9, jumps to Windows 10

holy poo poo lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i'm surprised they only skipped one version with all of these amazing features

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

i'm the coke bottle

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

i loving love loss.jpg edits

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
i am really appreciate the fullness of the windows product

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

quote:

A: You're likely to be an owner of both devices. The real rub comes in the middle... convertible devices. There's a lot of magic in the devices that can be a great laptop and also flexes to be a tablet.

haha surface isn't going to happen microsoft just give up

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Q: When it comes to your enterprise customers about Windows 10. How big has the push back been to get Windows away from Live Tiles, back to Windows 7 stuff?

A: We don't hear push back that we don't like live tiles. We hear push back about too much training.

hahahaha

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Q: When it comes to your enterprise customers about Windows 10. How big has the push back been to get Windows away from Live Tiles, back to Windows 7 stuff?

A: We don't hear push back that we don't like live tiles. We hear push back about too much training.

hahahaha

it's not that people dont' like it, it's that they aren't willing to put in the time needed to learn how to use our genius

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
good lord is that all they have to show for the entire year of working on post windows 8? ctrl-v in command prompt, reverting the start bar, and expose ripoff? chhhhhriiiist

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

10:43:34 AM PDT

10:43:57 AM PDT

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

good lord is that all they have to show for the entire year of working on post windows 8? ctrl-v in command prompt, reverting the start bar, and expose ripoff? chhhhhriiiist

actually this is two years of work

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

:agreed:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
oh my god there really is a windows 10

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mod sassinator posted:

is that really all they're talking about? for serious? they can't just be selling it based on a new name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
i thought it was an in-joke

• Locked thread