Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

hiddenriverninja posted:

I've never seen any EVA thing. Am I (not) a bad anime fan?

It's over hyped it's like Seinfeld in a way. At the time it was doing a bunch of stuff that hadn't been done,but years later it's been done to death and isn't really good unless you were around when it first came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Uh Seinfeld is very good gently caress you.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

It's over hyped it's like Seinfeld in a way. At the time it was doing a bunch of stuff that hadn't been done,but years later it's been done to death and isn't really good unless you were around when it first came out.

It is hilarious to watch the original series though and pinpoint exactly where the budget started to rapidly decline.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

Legend of Korra Book 4.44: You Are (Not) Balanced.

This is a much better thread title.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Genocyber posted:

Uh Seinfeld is very good gently caress you.

I'm sorry you're an old person please don't be angry,thank you.

Spergatory posted:

This is a much better thread title.

It doesn't have the proper amount of self loathing that fans of Korra have though?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Is that Katara in the trailer at one point? I'm all for more Katara.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

VaultAggie posted:

Is that Katara in the trailer at one point? I'm all for more Katara.

Sure looks it. I have a feeling though she'll just be there for a healing montage or something.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

New clip of Kai and Opal Batmanningairbending it up.

http://at.nick.com/1rIgMCS

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

hiddenriverninja posted:

Those wingsuits are some fine attire. Nice to see Kai not be a shithead as well.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm getting a crazy Batman Inc. vibe from the new police airbenders.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6USlO9BA6p8 youtube link for those blocked from the Nick page because of region differences.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenriverninja posted:

I wonder if that's the same voice actor for Kai.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i kinda don't fucks with those airbender suits but whatever i'll roll with it

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I wonder if that's the same voice actor for Kai.

His voice may have broken in between seasons (see recent picture). In AtLA, they had to adjust the pitch of Aang's voice in the last season. You can probably find the series finale ad they had on Nick, narrated by Zach Tyler Eisen who no longer sounds like a little kid. Edit: I think that's the one

Jorghnassen fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 30, 2014

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

So, the Air Nation is a entity that has political representation AND every citizen is a international vigilante?

Bruce would be proud.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Sooo...I would kinda love to watch a Airbender Rangers spinoff

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DrSunshine posted:

Legend of Korra Book 4.44: You Are (Not) Balanced.
Personally I like

Legend of Korra Book 4.44: You Are (Not) Crippled.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is why I don't let you guys name things.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Legend of Korra Book 4.44: You Are (Not) Clever. Stop Trying To Name The Topic.

A real shame it looks like they finally got their poo poo together in the writing department with the last two seasons of anything Avatar ever (by the looks of it). I hope they hit the ground running with their next project instead of the meandering start with Korra.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

hiddenriverninja posted:

So, the Air Nation is a entity that has political representation AND every citizen is a international vigilante?

Bruce would be proud.

They're too flashy.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Sithsaber posted:

They're too flashy.

Parading around in bat-shaped vehicles isn't?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Here. I'll finish this up for y'all.

Legend of Korra Book 4.44: This Is (Not) A Birdcall

:toot: Caw Caw!

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

ETB posted:

Parading around in bat-shaped vehicles isn't?

It's black tho. The Air Nation is now a army of Super-Robins.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

SirKibbles posted:

It doesn't have the proper amount of self loathing that fans of Korra have though?

Self loathing is like half the point of EVA though? fits fine IMO

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Blind Melon posted:

Am I the only person who liked Bolin and the whole mover star subplot? The wink he gave the other lava bender was gold.
I don't think you are the only one, but I really didn't care for it when it was unfolding and it became worse when Book 3 rolled around and Bolin is basically back to square one. What was the point of all that screentime?

And I don't see what his mover career has to do with the wink he gave Ghazan?

i hate meatloaf
May 23, 2010

X_Toad posted:

I don't think you are the only one, but I really didn't care for it when it was unfolding and it became worse when Book 3 rolled around and Bolin is basically back to square one. What was the point of all that screentime?

The mover storyline was fun (well at the start at least) just as probending in book 1 was fun, but they feel like storylines that would work better in longer seasons. Neither of them were unrelated to the main storyline, but considering how short each book are they felt like a distraction from more interesting things like delving into the Equalists or the Water Tribe Civil war. The first two books suffered from too many ideas for how little time they had.

The first half of book 2 also suffered from book 1's focus on romance rather than friendship. It's clear that this was supposed to be the low point for Team Avatar that they'd work through and emerge from as better friends. The problem was that book 1 didn't really build them up as a team that we'd care about falling apart.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

i hate meatloaf posted:

Neither of them were unrelated to the main storyline, but considering how short each book are they felt like a distraction from more interesting things like delving into the Equalists or the Water Tribe Civil war.

I don't think I would be annoyed as much as I am by the propaganda subplot if it hadn't been linked to a plot that turned out to be a red herring (the civil war).

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

X_Toad posted:

I don't think I would be annoyed as much as I am by the propaganda subplot if it hadn't been linked to a plot that turned out to be a red herring (the civil war).

Basically all bplots become red herrings after a certain point. The equalists took over the city but immediately dispersed after 10 guys saw that Am on was a fraud. They then voted in a president who seemed overwhelmed at the beginning of season 3, only to have him survive because of the stabilising influence of chaos over the border and unlimited tourist/refugee bucks. The spirits are reduced to plot inconveniences; the fall of Ba Singh Se is literally floated over while Mako makes ugly faces at looters. (Who would have included hiscousins if Nana wasn't indoctrinated) Even the Civil War was brushed over, and Korra only switched sides because her father got arrested after helping to organize "seditious activity." Unaloque didn't know what he was doing, Jinora got dumped in the mists of b character growth and Asami hung around just to help Korra with her fast travel.

Blind Melon
Jan 3, 2006
I like fire, you can have some too.

X_Toad posted:

I wasn't trying to connect the two, I just enjoyed the character. Though it does seem like he was hamming it up deliberately after Varrik pointed out it was his talent and the wink is connected to the whole Nuktuk persona.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Wow, new season this Friday, it still feels unusual

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Slightly related stuff. New video on the upcoming game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTsnD0sLUw&t=45s

:geno:: "All right. Let's do this."

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Golden Goat posted:

Slightly related stuff. New video on the upcoming game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTsnD0sLUw&t=45s

No matter how many times I see it, that chain-air punch will never not be completely dumb looking.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

No matter how many times I see it, that chain-air punch will never not be completely dumb looking.

Do you mean her kicking a guy out of a bike and juggling him in the air? I thought that was cool.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah that line stood out to me. It's almost like she's over-annuciating John Wayne-style: "All right. Let's do this, pilgrim."

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The guy who did the "Service and Sacrifice" track just posted the music from the Book 4 trailer, sans voice-overs at the start and end.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-zuckerman/balance-legend-of-korra-book-4-trailer

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Book IV already? I feel like the last season just ended, oh wait it did.

At least Nick is completely obvious about steamrolling through the end of their obligations now.

E: Also if that last bit of the trailer is a fakeout and it's her skeleton or something I might snap.

Harold Cooplowski fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 2, 2014

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Book IV already? I feel like the last season just ended, oh wait it did.

At least Nick is completely obvious about steamrolling through the end of their obligations now.

E: Also if that last bit of the trailer is a fakeout and it's her skeleton or something I might snap.

Korra can go to the spirit world.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Sithsaber posted:

Korra can go to the spirit world.

The spirits of dead people don't go to the spirit world. At least I don't think they do?

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

EDIT: More awesome poo poo.

ShadowCatboy fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 2, 2014

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Didn't Iroh get into the spirit world because of his massive addiction to tea? Either way, it's not because he's dead. He just passed as a spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

This is an amazing statement both regarding Seinfeld and Evangelion. Both where heavily stolen from, but not in any way that hurts them too much.

• Locked thread