Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unfortunately, I was only able to find a single promotional image for this season, and it's kind of spoilery in a really minor way, so I went and made my own:

I feel I've put in at least as much effort as the people in charge of marketing this show.

It's been barely a month since Book 3 ended, and our gracious television benefactors at Nickelodeon, not seeing quite the profit they'd hoped for when they'd ordered four seasons of this, have seen fit to give us the fourth and final season just a week from today. However, they have once again decided it's not worth their hard-earned SpongeBob money to actually air or promote it, so they've sent it back where it belongs to the festering ghetto known colloquially as the "Internet." Now, they haven't left it totally abandoned. They've generously given us a new trailer today, just a week before the premiere, which you can watch here (or, if you don't live in the US, here). Remember to tag discussion of anything from the trailer.

In case you've somehow already forgotten what happened last season, here's a brief recap:
  • Korra defeated the Red Lotus, but was deeply hurt both physically and mentally from the experience. She was last seen crying in a wheelchair.
  • Bolin, after spending the entire season trying to learn how to metalbend, learned how to lavabend instead. Still couldn't resist breaking the mood in an otherwise really depressing scene, however.
  • Mako gave away his trademark red scarf to his grandmother. He didn't go through any major character growth though, because he's still Mako, and "boring" is probably the best we're going to get out of that character. He had some neat fights.
  • Asami helped drive, I guess? She still didn't have much to do though her scenes connecting with Korra were a definite highlight.
  • Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya totally jobbed in their fights, as was to be expected.
  • Lin made up with her half-sister who she'd been estranged from for years.
  • Jinora is an airbending master now, and she has a love interest in the somewhat-annoying airbending recruit Kai.
  • The Red Lotus were too cool to live, and so all of them except Zaheer are dead. P'Li's death was metal as gently caress though (heh).
  • Zaheer murdered defeated the hell out of the Earth Queen.
Book 3 was great in a lot of ways, and most of the thread seemed to love it, unlike the previous seasons, which had more than their fair share of detractors, including myself. It's still both hilarious and depressing to see how thoroughly Nick has written this show off though. While it's nice to shake our fists impotently at the mighty children's programming gods and blame them for our collective misfortune, we should probably just be thankful it got this far at all. I just hope it goes out well. I know it seems like I enjoy making fun of this show (and I do), but I don't hate it, and I just hope there's something we can all agree on:

Justice has been served.

Book 4 airs Friday, October 3rd on nick.com, usually around noon EST, but usually several hours earlier elsewhere.

Arist fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I like the title

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Thread title sucks.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Potsticker posted:

Thread title sucks.

Actually you're right, it should be 3.0 + 1.0

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Trailer's on Youtube now as well.

Though I guess you can still region lock that but I saw it in Canada.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Looks like you put about as much effort into this thread as Nick did into managing and advertising the show.

Wait, actually, you did a lot more. Keep it up.

Also I can't wait for it to start back up!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

icantfindaname posted:

Actually you're right, it should be 3.0 + 1.0

Thread would be improved with a gif of Anno Hideaki doing bending poses atop a playground structure.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If only there was something in the trailer that would tell us whether or not this was the final season.

And by the way, when Books 3 and 4 were ordered, Mike and Bryan said that that would be the end of the series. And that order was made before Book 2 aired to very disappointing ratings, so, as with the original series, it's ending when the creators want it to.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 26, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I do like how we have another Young Justice situation where a video game for the show that explains what happens between season 2 and season 3 is released after the show is finished/left to die; except in this case the game will probably be fun/good since its platinum making it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If only there was something in the trailer that would tell us whether or not this was the final season.

I didn't watch the trailer before I wrote that, full disclosure. I was just checking for the time it aired.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 26, 2014

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Flying Lemur style better be impressive and all over the place. Having chi blocking twelve year olds skittering all over while they puncture your pressure points would be a horrible way to be paralyzed. (self appointed peace keepers shouldn't kill willy-nilly)

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 27, 2014

raspy trashfucker
Jul 5, 2014

raspy trashfucker
Jul 5, 2014
wat the gently caress is going on in the trailer

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The final insult to this show from Nickelodeon is uploading the trailer in 480p on Youtube.

Have they ever released the musical scores for LoK? The music for the show has been really on point, especially in book 3, and the trailer music is always great too.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The first book got a soundtrack release. Books 2 and 3, not so much.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Zhu Li does in get a mech suit and will be doing the thing. Since she has a mech suit, she gets to pick what the thing is.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

C'est la vie.

Kinda spoilery fanart from the Book 4 trailer:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

raspy trashfucker posted:

wat the gently caress is going on in the trailer

A couple of weeks ago, a poster suggested that korra might take up a hermit-like existence in the former Earth Kingdom, then get pulled back into the action by warlords rampaging across the now-balkanized continent.

seems like he ~might've been pretty close to the money but who knows for sure

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

The final insult to this show from Nickelodeon is uploading the trailer in 480p on Youtube.

Have they ever released the musical scores for LoK? The music for the show has been really on point, especially in book 3, and the trailer music is always great too.

the closest we've gotten with books 2 and 3 are the occasional tracks that the composer, Jeremy Zuckerman, uploads to his soundcloud.

all I want is the Zaofu theme :smith:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

They did do a release of Book 1's OST... Which, last I checked, was the only bit of official Korra media still being sold on iTunes. :v:

It does make me wish they'd release more of them online, though; I still play some of the BGM from the original series on youtube, and I'd buy them up in a heartbeat if they weren't ridiculously overpriced.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I really want the music for the fight scenes, especially the Tenzin fight scene which had a real "epic" feel to it.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Something that I thought but don't know if it will be true is that while Korra does kinda look like Opal because her hair is now short like Opal's was I have to wonder if Korra will be super slim like Opal as well, seeing as she spent at least a year or so in the wheelchair.

Speaking of Young Justice I really hope that this time skip won't ruin what good will season 3 built up because the time skip in Young Justice kind of complicated things (or ruined, depending on who you talk to)

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

That trailer looks crazy as gently caress, but wingsuited airbenders flying around everywhere is fly as hell.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This is next week, I'm excited. Hopefully Zhu Li does the thing sooner rather than later.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
The Legend of Korra, Book 3: Change (the thread title to something better)

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

PupsOfWar posted:

A couple of weeks ago, a poster suggested that korra might take up a hermit-like existence in the former Earth Kingdom, then get pulled back into the action by warlords rampaging across the now-balkanized continent.

That was me.

Still hoping that she's shacked up with dude and gotten hitched, so they can murder the gently caress out of him and Korra can get her rampage on. :black101:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

C'est la vie.

Kinda spoilery fanart from the Book 4 trailer:

http://i.imgur.com/LMxzLy5.jpg

I'm betting that Toph is totally dead and the camera will pan around to reveal a tomb or statue type deal where she bended earth around herself and then died.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
Write, speak, avenge, for ancient sufferings feel
I really like that the trailer seems to show:

Zuko's daughter, the Fire Lord she's a character that I'd hoped would show up.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

In It For The Tank posted:

I'm betting that Toph is totally dead and the camera will pan around to reveal a tomb or statue type deal where she bended earth around herself and then died.
There is like a zero percent chance of that happening.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Somebody ripped a graphic of Toph off of Nick's server:

http://imgur.com/7p5bVXJ

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I guess that must be Zuko's daughter, current ruler of the fire nation?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Aww, so I guess we won't be seeing Korra sitting around depressed and crying a lot, huh? I was kinda looking forward to that.

:smith:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

I guess that must be Zuko's daughter, current ruler of the fire nation?

Kinda looks like another ruler:

Makes ya think

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Spergatory posted:

The Legend of Korra, Book 3: Change (the thread title to something better)

What does Korra even have to do with Evangelion anyway? Like, I'm legit confused at the connection.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Potsticker posted:

What does Korra even have to do with Evangelion anyway? Like, I'm legit confused at the connection.
It sounds to me like you're questioning the seriousness of the thread, but as the thread tag is "Serious," this can not possibly be the case.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Potsticker posted:

They just want to draw Korra in desperation and a skin tight suit.

This trailer may have been too anime for my tastes :)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm sorry you guys don't appreciate my dumb anime jokes.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

hangedman1984 posted:

Kinda looks like another ruler:

Makes ya think
It makes me think that Mai had an affair with the Earth King and told Zuko the child is his, exactly.

Gotta cement those political alliances Westeros style.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm sorry you guys don't appreciate my dumb anime jokes.

Look, I only want serious western animation jokes in my Avatar threads, buddy. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Potsticker posted:

It doesn't have anything to do with Evangelion. In fact, the artist who drew it, Steve Ahn, works on LoK as a storyboarder, I think. Actually, I'll bet that he just thought of the phrase "You can not airbend" one day, and drew a crossover to match the quirky idea. I like it!

• Locked thread