Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
i hate pinball and am bad at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

mrmanatee posted:

Austin has pinballz arcade with like 100 machines and tickets you can redeem for silly plastic toys and it's byob but I'm not that great at pinball when drinking so I end up spending way too much money there

My favorite machine is an 80s one that has a second smaller board underneath the main board but the incline is reversed, it is very disorienting

That's my favorite too. Pinballz owns.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

i hate pinball and am bad at it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
smoke a weed then do pinball thats my recomendation

Planetarium
Apr 19, 2003

Grimey Drawer

mrmanatee posted:

My favorite machine is an 80s one that has a second smaller board underneath the main board but the incline is reversed, it is very disorienting

this sounds awesome

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Modern Pinball in NYC is play to own, and you pay by the hour. It's sweet.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Planetarium posted:

this sounds awesome

Thats Black Hole and its cool. Theres a really good digital recreation of that and a bunch of other tables in Pinball Arcade which is available on computer and phone and consoles and everything

meth addict
Sep 27, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Is World Cup Soccer known as a good machine? That's the only pinball game I've played really and it was a lot of fun.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The March Hare posted:

Modern Pinball in NYC is play to own, and you pay by the hour. It's sweet.

I still have to check that spot out. There's a place in Asbury Park nj that has like at least 100 machines and its on the beach and you can re-enter all day for 20 bucks and all the machines are free and five ball

dumbskull
Mar 25, 2012

im cool
tbqh im spoiled here with all the options but i vastly prefer going to a plac that has one table shoved in the back than going to the museum or arcade bar or whatever, we're also lucky to have a motnhly zine in the city that prints a n updated list of every table in the city lol

fairlight
May 18, 2007

it;s still blowing my mind that there's been this latent pinball enthusiasm in phiz all along.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

my uncle used to own a bar with the indiana jones, mars attacks and tales from the crypt machines and they were cool

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPZDBF0kei0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fairlight posted:

it;s still blowing my mind that there's been this latent pinball enthusiasm in phiz all along.

same, it's really hosed up.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
it owns, actually

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

fairlight posted:

you should have known because it's one of Tom Scharpling's interests

Planetarium
Apr 19, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zesty Mordant posted:

it owns, actually

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
an outdated medium with a slim following of dedicated goobers, yeah lol real surprise

Planetarium
Apr 19, 2003

Grimey Drawer
supposed to finally go to Modern Pinball when i hit NYC this winter

pinball is how I was introduced to Elvira which may or may not have been a healthy part of my sexual development

everybody likes Funhouse, but that dummy head still skeeves me out

Planetarium
Apr 19, 2003

Grimey Drawer
poo poo this explains why i'm turned on by corny goth outfits, flashing lights, and rave music

mrmanatee
Jun 22, 2006

Positive outlook

arbybaconator posted:

That's my favorite too. Pinballz owns.

they also have the off-road-racing themed one where if you hit the right ramp or whatever you transfer over to a nearly-vertical table that is where the scoardboard and poo poo would normally be, which is way cool too. I played that one once at some go-kart place in 7th grade and thought about it for 10 years until I found it at pinballz. Thanks pinballz.

But I also like "old machine tucked into dark corner" places because it forces you to play the same machine over and over again and get really good at it instead of just moving on to greener pastures whenever you lose

My dad used to tell me about going to play pinball in high school with his brother and getting so good at one machine that they could make one quarter last for an hour. my dad is really good at pinball still and its probably the coolest thing about him :-/

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Planetarium posted:

poo poo this explains why i'm turned on by corny goth outfits, flashing lights, and rave music

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Planetarium posted:

very good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

an outdated medium with a slim following of dedicated goobers, yeah lol real surprise

lol

dumbskull
Mar 25, 2012

im cool

mrmanatee posted:

they also have the off-road-racing themed one where if you hit the right ramp or whatever you transfer over to a nearly-vertical table that is where the scoardboard and poo poo would normally be, which is way cool too. I played that one once at some go-kart place in 7th grade and thought about it for 10 years until I found it at pinballz. Thanks pinballz.

But I also like "old machine tucked into dark corner" places because it forces you to play the same machine over and over again and get really good at it instead of just moving on to greener pastures whenever you lose

My dad used to tell me about going to play pinball in high school with his brother and getting so good at one machine that they could make one quarter last for an hour. my dad is really good at pinball still and its probably the coolest thing about him :-/

most dads dont even have that

dumbskull
Mar 25, 2012

im cool

dangerdoom volvo posted:

dumbskull
Mar 25, 2012

im cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh0Uj5Ea6Po

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=265Zn06TguA

dumbskull
Mar 25, 2012

im cool
cool

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Planetarium
Apr 19, 2003

Grimey Drawer

mrmanatee posted:

My dad used to tell me about going to play pinball in high school with his brother and getting so good at one machine that they could make one quarter last for an hour.

i thought this was all dads

Planetarium
Apr 19, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLvSA8PT4aI

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The New Pins Thread

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltnw6U_IJro

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

het posted:

you should have known because it's one of Tom Scharpling's interests

*nods*

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

lol

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

if i can still hear my tinnitus through this im gonna kill myself. im gonna do it. is it there? is it there? is it there

• Locked thread