Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with my Nightbeat?

Everything else pegs into place but this part. No matter how I line up the pegs or squeeze it together or tilt this, it won't peg/snap into place. I got the other side pegged in no problem, even with the doors closed. I've tried to keep the doors open for this side but nada, nothing seems to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Captain Invictus posted:

Is Masterpiece Grimlock already out of production again?

I just paid $100 + shipping on eBay so he drat well better be or I'm gonna be pissed.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Former people who worked on Transformers toys at Hasbro are now trying to Out-transformer Transformers.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/play-with-this-too-reveals-desolataur-181235/

They already have target masters and a Skullgrin.

I might have to actually get these if they're becoming a real toyline.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Former people who worked on Transformers toys at Hasbro are now trying to Out-transformer Transformers.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/play-with-this-too-reveals-desolataur-181235/

Have they said whether the little robo-guys store inside the shells?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Iced Cocoa posted:

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with my Nightbeat?

Everything else pegs into place but this part. No matter how I line up the pegs or squeeze it together or tilt this, it won't peg/snap into place. I got the other side pegged in no problem, even with the doors closed. I've tried to keep the doors open for this side but nada, nothing seems to work.

Afraid I've not got it so I can't help but goodness, that's what he looks like? It's so plain! I thought it was one of those leaked grey prototypes you see at toy fairs and the like..!

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Sentinel Red posted:

Afraid I've not got it so I can't help but goodness, that's what he looks like? It's so plain! I thought it was one of those leaked grey prototypes you see at toy fairs and the like..!

This was taken on a potato quality phone under not so stellar lighting conditions. He is more bright blue in person and has more than okay tampograph on the sides, and has nice yellow highlights. I am a bit biased since I love the character in the comics, but I like the toy aside from the fact it won't peg.

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 30, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Iced Cocoa posted:

This was taken on a potato quality phone under not so stellar lighting conditions. He is more bright blue in person and has more than okay tampograph on the sides, and has nice yellow highlights. I am a bit biased since I love the character in the comics, but I like the toy aside from the fact it won't peg.

I painted all the windows black (painting the inside of the transparent ones) and it's a night and day improvement.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Also weirdly enough the rear window IS painted blue, but the hue is barely different from his regular color so it was a wasted effort.

Iced Cocoa, check for misassembly, or if some shoulder parts are inverted, or a copy of the opposite side. This happened to me once with another TF and it similarly wouldn't close in altmode on that side and it isn't always obvious at a glance.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Blackheart posted:

Also weirdly enough the rear window IS painted blue, but the hue is barely different from his regular color so it was a wasted effort.

Iced Cocoa, check for misassembly, or if some shoulder parts are inverted, or a copy of the opposite side. This happened to me once with another TF and it similarly wouldn't close in altmode on that side and it isn't always obvious at a glance.

My bumblebee had two right arms so the doors didn't peg right

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I took a closer look at the joints in the arm. My Nightbeat got two left shoulder joints (the part connecting the swivel joint to the chest) which is causing this problem. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if the store will give me a replacement or not.

Thanks for the help.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Iced Cocoa posted:

I took a closer look at the joints in the arm. My Nightbeat got two left shoulder joints (the part connecting the swivel joint to the chest) which is causing this problem. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if the store will give me a replacement or not.

Thanks for the help.

I carved a little bit out on mine to fix it, if you can swap him out even better.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

Is Masterpiece Grimlock already out of production again?
He came out months ago, hell Prowl and Acid Storm have probably been out over a month by now. At this point I don't think you can really blame Hasbro.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't really get why people keep saying these are supposed to be some kind of Transformer response. We've seen two fairly generic looking figures, one of which comes with a tiny robot that turns into a weapon with like a two-step transformation. That figure does look kind of like Skullgrin, but they remind me more Inhumanoids or Pacific Rim or any other men in power suits vs. monsters series than Transformers.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah, they look like they're just going to be another "me too!" line of monsters and stuff. Plus one of the heads is literally labelled "Skullfucker". That doesn't engender much confidence.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's a real good chance that the hoarders at Tfw2005 have the entire re-release stock of MP Grimlock.

Like there's a guy living in a 2 bedroom apartment and the second bedroom is full of just MP Grimlocks.

Also Arcee looks Spot on despite being 50% backpack by volume. She is apparently pinker than what the pictures show. Like as orange as Jhaxius is, she's the pink equivalent to that.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 1, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's a real good chance that the hoarders at Tfw2005 have the entire re-release stock of MP Grimlock.

Like there's a guy living in a 2 bedroom apartment and the second bedroom is full of just MP Grimlocks.

Also Arcee looks Spot on despite being 50% backpack by volume. She is apparently pinker than what the pictures show. Like as orange as Jhaxius is, she's the pink equivalent to that.

Looks a little more sturdy than Windblade. Her wing assemblies worry me a little.

On the other hand, I was talking to one of my friend's kids about Transformers and how totally rad they are and I said they were coming out with a couple of ladybots soon. She looked at me, the way that little kids look at grownups when they know the grownup is full of poo poo and asked me: "Let me guess. Is she pink? Smart kid.

:unsmith:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Like as orange as Jhaxius is, she's the pink equivalent to that.

Nobody can embody a color as powerfully as Jhiaxus embodies the color orange!

I'm amazed at how something can be SO. ORANGE.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Loving that zen Arcee pic.

Wheeljack arrived today.

BOO! The loving delivery guy literally left it outside on the loving doorstep.

YAY! On the bright side, no customs charges so that's a smoking hot Lancia that turns into a mad scientist for a princely thirty-five quid, inc postage.

As anyone who's seen him knows, he's bloody gorgeous. I was mega extra careful transforming him once it got round to the wing pieces but fortunately while they are stiff, they moved into position with just a tiny bit of carefully placed pressure. I've never had any breakages with any BTs/MPs so I do wonder if sometimes a lot of the breakages are just down to people are just clumsy, ham-handed oafs (certainly, one of the main video guys always gives that me impression).

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So those Protectobot multipacks are available on Amazon for 32 bucks each.

Yeah they're strange in the sense that Hotspot is now red and is using the Grapple mold instead of the Inferno mold. Also the only literation of him that's ever been red was the Bootleg Defensor from dollar stores.

But that's OK, he will make a perfect Hosehead for Nightbeat. Which I honestly do believe was the original intention for the repaint. I mean he's got the same exact colors and the big rear end gray ladder.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Saw AoE Voyager Drift today, but passed on him because $30 is too much for a Voyager. He looks pretty good, though, with a respectable amount of paint apps on him for the AoE line and a really nice deep blue. He has a slightly smirky facial expression as a bonus.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackheart posted:

Nobody can embody a color as powerfully as Jhiaxus embodies the color orange!

I'm amazed at how something can be SO. ORANGE.
I got him recently and while he's a good retool of Armada Starscream, I wish his grey bits were green. Is there a reason why he's orange and grey? Every in-fiction depiction I can think of has him orange and green.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

I got him recently and while he's a good retool of Armada Starscream, I wish his grey bits were green. Is there a reason why he's orange and grey? Every in-fiction depiction I can think of has him orange and green.

Because some moron with too much power thought it'd be great to homage the RID toy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Because some moron with too much power thought it'd be great to homage the RID toy.
Wait so this isn't the first Jhiaxus toy we've gotten?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

Wait so this isn't the first Jhiaxus toy we've gotten?

http://tfu.info/2003/Decepticon/Jhiaxus/jhiaxus.htm

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Why would you intentionally reference an obscure toy of a character that's never gotten an actual.representative toy

That would be like the new arcee being pink and white motorcycle reference to energon arcee

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I bet they went for orange and grey instead of yellow, green and grey because his body and wings are on the same runner and they didn't want another plastic color or spend the money to paint the entirety of his wings green.

For the same reason I'm holding out hope for the Takara one in G2 colors because they don't mind blowing tons of money on paint apps.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

I bet they went for orange and grey instead of yellow, green and grey because his body and wings are on the same runner and they didn't want another plastic color or spend the money to paint the entirety of his wings green.

Yeah, but he never would've gotten a new body/color scheme in the comics if someone at hasbro wasn't bent on homaging a terrible repaint from over a decade ago. The content of the comic is partially driven by the upcoming toys.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Considering that The Wreckers combined form is Ruination(and is colored exactly like RID Ruination), Nemesis Prime is colored as Scourge, and Universe 2.0 had Cybertron Scourge an Ultra Class figure repainted as Bruticus (the 3 headed dog that was a leftover from beast machines released in RID), and we just got a new Sky-Byte....RID has had way more representation in the classics series than most other lines(Beast Wars).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's not enough RID representation IMO.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I want a new Slapper. Even better if it's a Cybertronian mecha.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

The Taint Reaper posted:

Considering that The Wreckers combined form is Ruination(and is colored exactly like RID Ruination), Nemesis Prime is colored as Scourge, and Universe 2.0 had Cybertron Scourge an Ultra Class figure repainted as Bruticus (the 3 headed dog that was a leftover from beast machines released in RID), and we just got a new Sky-Byte....RID has had way more representation in the classics series than most other lines(Beast Wars).

We now have all the original maximals as classics except primal if you don't count the cybertron toy or its repaint, and sky byte also counts as beast wars representation since he's a predacon and was a repaint of a beast wars guy.

rid just has way more representation than one would think, and it's not to the parts anyone wanted except sky byte (train combiner, omega prime, etc)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have no problem with RID getting some attention but that color scheme on Jhiaxus is like a 3rd tier Botcon toy or something. And it's definitely a downgrade for his looks in the comic.

But speaking of love for RID,

The MSJ posted:

I want a new Slapper. Even better if it's a Cybertronian mecha.

I am all the way on board for this. That basically the RTS Lockdown treatment for Spittor/Slapper's appearance in Animated.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rita Repulsa posted:

We now have all the original maximals as classics except primal if you don't count the cybertron toy or its repaint, and sky byte also counts as beast wars representation since he's a predacon and was a repaint of a beast wars guy.

rid just has way more representation than one would think, and it's not to the parts anyone wanted except sky byte (train combiner, omega prime, etc)

We're still missing Razorbeast. I kinda hope that we get the new Takara Primal in generations though. Supposedly he has the most clickity of joints and went through some internal remolding for that. He's got a show accurate gorilla face though.

I have no problem with RID getting some attention but that color scheme on Jhiaxus is like a 3rd tier Botcon toy or something. And it's definitely a downgrade for his looks in the comic.

His look in the comic could not be done well with a Deluxe toy. You would need a Voyager or a Leader class. He's hunched and had reverse knees, that would need to have a larger toy to pull that off properly so it wouldn't wind up ungodly small. He's got a fairly complex transformation and would definetly need false kibble like Leader Jetfire.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 2, 2014

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Razorbeast was never on the show, I am not counting non show guys. I mean I know the rid homages have some weird toy only references like bruticus and jhiaxus but I would prefer they not do that with beast wars. We only have one or two of the in show predacons.

Though they really need to step up their game like they did from cheetor and dinobot to rattrap and rhinox if they do more bugformers. Waspinator has a nice show accurate robot mode but his wasp mode is crap, which is disappointing after the dinobots, sky byte, and aforementioned rattrap and rhinox were so great in both modes.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

His look in the comic could not be done well with a Deluxe toy. You would need a Voyager or a Leader class. He's hunched and had reverse knees, that would need to have a larger toy to pull that off properly so it wouldn't wind up ungodly small. He's got a fairly complex transformation and would definetly need false kibble like Leader Jetfire.

I don't disagree with you at all, but that's kind of a separate set of issues from his color scheme. Which is bad now. Real bad.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no generations devastator in 2015 I will be dead or in jail by the next year

this is a promise

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ForeverSmug posted:

If there is no generations devastator in 2015 I will be dead or in jail by the next year

this is a promise

There won't be, at least not in the "combiner wars" line.

I just got a decently sized toy haul, with the following:

- Generations Sky-Byte an Roadbuster
- Generations deluxe wave 4 (Crosscut, Nightbeat, Jhiaxus, Windblade)
- Generations Skids
- AoE Voyager Slog

Very pleased overall! I might give individual impressions on each on later.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ForeverSmug posted:

this is a promise

:toxx:

Man, I hope generations Devastator never comes out.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Man, I hope generations Devastator never comes out.

Why?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Monkey paw wish, it will look like 2012 Bruticus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Maketoys Quantron in stock at BBTS !

Pile of Loot shipped!

So very excite