Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I remember a Romney toxxer having that logo as his avatar.

I want to say Fog Tripper, is that right? No avatar currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I saw a fat redneck kid come into a retail shop I part-time at with a sleeveless shirt that said "OBAMA CAN'T BAN THESE GUNS"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Hazo posted:

I saw a fat redneck kid come into a retail shop I part-time at with a sleeveless shirt that said "OBAMA CAN'T BAN THESE GUNS"

Can't front, that kinda owns.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

John Woo posts here?

give a man a gun, he thinks hes a hero. give him a gun and a cup of coffee, and thinks hes god

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Zwabu posted:

I want to say Fog Tripper, is that right? No avatar currently.

Yeah, that seems right. I'm sure everyone was awaiting my opinion. Carry on.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Hazo posted:

I really want that shirt.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it's totally sweet until you realize he was probably wearing it unironically

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

why would you wear it ironically?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
sincerity is like a breath of fresh air to me

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

John Woo posts here?

:golfclap:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I meant that he was the sort of person likely to think Obama actually wants to ban guns... you know what I've probably just been in this thread too long. Now that I look at it outside of the original situation I agree it's an awesome shirt.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Just lie back and think of smith & wesson, it'll be over soon.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Hazo posted:

I meant that he was the sort of person likely to think Obama actually wants to ban guns...

People who pay attention to the words that come out of his mouth?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Where do I buy this?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Tab8715 posted:

Where do I buy this?

http://www.amazon.com/Obama-Cant-These-Large-Black/dp/B00CMV2D8M/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Goddamit gamers are the loving worst.

So this may be old news so apologies if it's already been mocked, but when I first heard of this recently I thought it was a joke, even considering the author. But it's true.

O'Reilly's next book? Killing Patton. Really.

Of course when you try and follow O'Reilly's derailed train of logic, the 'inner circle' of the co-conspirators becomes laughably huge where it ends up involving sleeper commie hospital nurses, doctors, spies tracking his every move - and of course, Stalin's famed traceless poison factory.

Oh, and gently caress ABC News for actually devoting airtime to this poo poo, albeit you can say that every Sunday.

*sigh* My dad loved O'Reilly's Lincoln biography and would not read the copy of "Team of Rivals" I got him for Christmas.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

You guys see the recent comments from 2016 presidential frontrunner, Willard Romney?

quote:

“My mistake was that I was speaking in a way that reflected back to the man,” Romney said. “If I had been able to see the camera, I would have remembered that I was talking to the whole world, not just the man.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/09/romney-figures-out-how-secret-recordings-work.html

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Mr Interweb posted:

You guys see the recent comments from 2016 presidential frontrunner, Willard Romney?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/09/romney-figures-out-how-secret-recordings-work.html

Yet again, the problem isn't that a conservative had an opinion, it's that they voiced it in an inconvenient manner.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SedanChair posted:

People who pay attention to the words that come out of his mouth?
I'm intrigued. Do go on.

Mr Interweb posted:

"I'm not sorry about the horrible things I said, I'm just sorry I got caught."

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Mr Interweb posted:

For people who profess to value personal responsibility, Republicans seem awfully averse to actually taking it themselves, instead crying about how the liberal media is out to get them with gotcha questions or how they were misinterpreted, etc.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Edit: So horribly beaten.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 1, 2014

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
So apparently the White House fence jumper got as far as he did because the director is a woman. Apparently, "Director" is a position on the front lines that requires a "big, hulking person," to protect the president, and we know a woman could never be big, hulking, or qualified.

Laura Ingraham, a noted vagina-haver posted:

INGRAHAM: They brought in a woman, first female director -- remember the Obama administration loves firsts. You get the sense at some point that it's the first that's more important than the common sense.

What works -- let's do what works best, ok? Is it to have a woman there or is it just to have a really strong person there? A big, hulking person. Female, male, I don't care. But you get the sense that the first is what really drives their -- floats their boat. They want to be historic. They want it to be an historic appointment, instead of thinking, 'gee, maybe we just need the best people.'

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09/30/laura-ingraham-blames-gender-equality-and-polit/200944

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I read this story earlier today about how Rush Limbaugh and some freepy types freaked out over a rich boarding school ending a traditional football game (because not enough students were volunteering to play in the first place). There's lots of PUSSIFICATION OF AMERICA poo poo.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

How the hell is Laura Ingraham popular in the first place? I'm surprised there's room for another right-wing blowhard in conservative radio.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Tab8715 posted:

How the hell is Laura Ingraham popular in the first place? I'm surprised there's room for another right-wing blowhard in conservative radio.

There are about 12 hours a day where a large number of people can be expected to be stuck in their cars and Rush can't fill them all.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Listening to a program that would make me even angrier, while stuck in my car, seems like a bad idea.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

StandardVC10 posted:

Listening to a program that would make me even angrier, while stuck in my car, seems like a bad idea.

Maybe if you weren't such a nancy liberal you would have adequate rage over the horrible direction this country is heading. :smuggo:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Tab8715 posted:

Being an outspoken anti-suffragette has been a sure-fire gravy train ticket for over 100 years.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

StandardVC10 posted:

These people feed on this rage. Remember, echo chamber.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

StandardVC10 posted:

Well when it's the last human feeling you're capable of...

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Tab8715 posted:

To answer that, I can only show you the best thing you'll ever see: http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/10/01/ingraham-calls-for-travel-ban-in-response-to-eb/200964

Ingraham Calls For Travel Ban In Response To Ebola, Claims Obama's "Core Ties To The African Continent" Undermine Public Safety

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

VitalSigns posted:

Being an outspoken anti-suffragette has been a sure-fire gravy train ticket for over 100 years.

Things like this make me sure I'm actually not in any way wrong about calling every single other version of the token minority Republican an Uncle Tom of their sort. You can be loving CERTAIN that Ben Carson would be able to find some medical rationale for disallowing the black vote again if he could.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Apoplexy posted:

Ingraham Calls For Travel Ban In Response To Ebola, Claims Obama's "Core Ties To The African Continent" Undermine Public Safety

I'm okay with this if we're also allowed to blame AIDS on Bush's core ties to the African continent.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Every time I hear Laura Ingraham I'm reminded of the time she claimed that the reason we weren't doing a good job in Iraq was because the troops felt sad about people making fun of Bush and thus couldn't fight at full power.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm okay with this if we're also allowed to blame AIDS on Bush's core ties to the African continent.

No that would be silly, everybody knows AIDS is punishment for the gay.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

Every time I hear Laura Ingraham I'm reminded of the time she claimed that the reason we weren't doing a good job in Iraq was because the troops felt sad about people making fun of Bush and thus couldn't fight at full power.

Our troops sure are pussies huh.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I guess we have a new right wing martyr and poster boy for concealed carry. Michael Dunn was found guilty of first degree murder. Score one for Florida for a change but I suspect the righties will be out in force on this one.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BiggerBoat posted:

Score one for Florida
OK, fair enough.

Let me add it to all the other points Florida has scored since Ponce de Leon.

I get a total score of...one.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

Libralzar used SHRUB!
It's not very effective.

Libralzar used "FOOL ME—I CAN'T GET FOOLED AGAIN"!

Libralzar used DOLCHSTOß!
It's super effective!

US MILITARY fainted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FMguru posted:

OK, fair enough.

Let me add it to all the other points Florida has scored since Ponce de Leon.

I get a total score of...one.

Progress is progress. Not saying you're wrong but I really thought that Dunn was going to skate.