Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

More like guy who doesn't have to wait in lines anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

GreyjoyBastard posted:

That's not quite a fair comparison, seeing as how Ebola is droplet-transmissible (...ish) and definitely transmits through saliva and mucus.

But it's pretty loving unlikely.

Don't make out with bar randoms who've recently been to Africa. Got it.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Over here it's pronounced "bo-laaaAAA" which is considerably cuter for a deadly disease. Please adopt this.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

Over here it's pronounced "bo-laaaAAA" which is considerably cuter for a deadly disease. Please adopt this.

Nothing beats Itai Itai byo for cutesy sounding but horrific diseases.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
The Black Death caused an unimaginable hellscape across Europe, but the people who lived through it went from peasants eating mud to loving ballers because they could just take the poo poo everyone else left behind. So yeah, just keep focused on that.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

More like guy who doesn't have to wait in lines anymore.

You mean, guy who waits in line to receive his obamaration

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The Black Death caused an unimaginable hellscape across Europe, but the people who lived through it went from peasants eating mud to loving ballers because they could just take the poo poo everyone else left behind. So yeah, just keep focused on that.

Well except all the landowners colluded to make sure they couldn't command higher wages WHOOAAA WHAT IS THIS SENSATION, OF FAMILIARITY

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Thanks, Obama

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Thanks, Obama

I truly hate being the broken record on this: If Obama doesn't socialize medicine during this Ebola outbreak, I just can't trust that he will.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hey Jamie what's up!

Oh hey Corey!

* oral sex *

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Luckily he can't pass for poo poo :smug:

My roommate went to Dallas today in fact because his mom his having surgery. We're trying to figure out which hospital...

It's the Ebola hospital :negative: He's been there all day.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Has there been any other disease that's spread primarily through blood and bodily fluid the the President refused to admit was a serious issue?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

Has there been any other disease that's spread primarily through blood and bodily fluid the the President refused to admit was a serious issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAqE_GxsqMo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

Inherited wealth.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

zoux posted:

Time to change all the locks. It's the only way to ensure your safety.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Well. Thats...well. I'd advise you not come into bodily fluid contact with him for the next 21 days. An overabundance of caution is better than under-preparation.

Sorry to hear about that. Things may get scary over the next 21 to 42 days in Dallas, depending on how many high-risk exposures occured.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

euphronius posted:

Inherited wealth.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

zoux posted:

Better today than the 26th!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Well. Thats...well. I'd advise you not come into bodily fluid contact with him for the next 21 days. An overabundance of caution is better than under-preparation.

Sorry to hear about that. Things may get scary over the next 21 to 42 days in Dallas, depending on how many high-risk exposures occured.

We only have one bathroom!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

We only have one bathroom!

Toilet flushing is an aerosol-generating activity.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

euphronius posted:

Inherited wealth.

:vince:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Realchat Zoux text your roommate and tell us what he's seeing.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

euphronius posted:

Inherited wealth.

:drat:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

zoux posted:

It's fine, it's a hospital and they diagnosed him there. Really the people to worry about are the ones (if any) who were touching him or his fluids yesterday or the day before.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Realchat Zoux text your roommate and tell us what he's seeing.

He's in a different building, luckily. He said he's seen a couple of news trucks but it's not crazy.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

pangstrom posted:

It's fine, it's a hospital and they diagnosed him there. Really the people to worry about are the ones (if any) who were touching him or his fluids yesterday or the day before.

I think you mean, anyone hes come into contact with since becoming symptomatic. Theres a good timeline in the D&D thread.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

My Imaginary GF posted:

I think you mean, anyone hes come into contact with since becoming symptomatic. Theres a good timeline in the D&D thread.
Okay whatever, the point is once he gets to the hospital it's not a threat anymore.

edit: just read the last couple pages of that thread and it's terrible

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 1, 2014

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

pangstrom posted:

Okay whatever, the point is once he gets to the hospital it's not a threat anymore.

you seem to be unaware how much mayor emanuel loves apocalypse posting about ebola

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

euphronius posted:

Inherited wealth.

:drat:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

Inherited wealth.

Yuuup.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

whoa did everyone listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNWeGngQqOI

awaiting reply containing whining about "millenials!!!!!!"

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 1, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Badger of Basra posted:

whoa did everyone listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNWeGngQqOI

awaiting reply containing whining about "millenials!!!!!!"

Complains about Millenials are totally justified. :colbert:

(Though it should probably only refer to people born in the 90s)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I like the Adele version better, but Aretha did an alright job with it.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxAp3ymhY4M

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Adele is one of the rare modern Soul/R&B singers who sings the story and not the vocal gymnastics. Winehouse did too. Aretha, Nina Simone, etc, are the old guard. That whole generation from like Whitney Houston through Celine Dion and on to Beyonce is awful, though. Hey look, I can make my voice do tricks! Check me out!!! Talented, yeah, but good? No.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReindeerF posted:

Beyonce is awful

:stare:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

real good

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Beyoncé is great because

[1]she has fairly complicated stage routines and actually sings during them instead of lip synch or only singing the chorus
    [2]she totally does sing the story listen to the song about her daughter or her unborn child if you don't believe me
    [3]she is more influential than all professors and politicians and activists combined and is probably solely responsible for taking back the word 'feminism' from rear end in a top hat conservatives

And so on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

visceril posted:

actually sings during them instead of lip synch

Unless it's the second inauguration of the first black President. :colbert:

• Locked thread