Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
That "dirty raghead" was probably born in Branson, Missouri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Movac
Oct 31, 2012

Master Twig posted:

Either die or renounce their faith. Although the latter option would probably still be viewed as a trick. So, just die I guess.

I wish I was joking, but people this far removed would likely advocate genocide against Muslims.

Hoo boy, do they ever.

quote:

ISSI has done us all a favor. The true face of Islam is on full display even as Mohammed is burning in hell. We will have to face the harsh truth that Islam has no place in civilized society. Muslims cannot live in a society based on Christian ideals of equality and liberty. They will always seek to harm us.

Now the only question is how many more dead bodies will have to pile up at home and abroad before we crush the vicious seed of Ishmael in Jesus name?

That was published as an opinion piece on the website of Charisma, a fundamentalist Christian magazine with 6-digit circulation, but they took it down without comment when it got the predictable reaction.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Malleum posted:

What the hell did Sikhs ever do to these people? Wear silk underwear near them once? Is it the turban? Do they think that long hair is a sign of the devil or something?

Literally nothing. It's pure racism. They see a brown person and therefore it has to be the same as the ones that did 9/11.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Odds that these people realize that Sikhism and Islam are completely different: zero

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The dress code changes are allowing Sikhs to wear a turban and allowing both Muslim and Sikhs to grow a small beard; neither of which are currently allowed.

How will having a beard "no longer than 2 inches" or wearing a camouflage turban instead of a camouflage hat degrade the army? :iiam:

Right now they think that because of restrictions on facial hair and headwear, Muslims have never been able to join the US Army and so it's all God-fearing Christians (...and basically every other religion that has no set dress code including atheists but that's beside the point), but now that Muslims can join the army and have beards and turbans, they're going to infiltrate the army en masse!

To recap, Muslims are all Terminators who are programmed to kill every member of the Aryan Master-Race they can find, are are willing to employ deception by joining the US Army to get closer to ARE TROOPS, but draw the line at shaving and not wearing a hat. And now that you can have a beard and a turban, they will employ the age old rule of covert ops: make sure you wear an easily noticeable piece of headwear and a noticeable amount of facial hair so you can easily be identified as a member of your religion, thus making it easier to hide your sekrit Mulsim status.

As for Sikhs, I don't think these people know what Sikhs are, and if they even know they exist they probably consider Sikhs fancy Muslims.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Master Twig posted:

Either die or renounce their faith. Although the latter option would probably still be viewed as a trick. So, just die I guess.

I wish I was joking, but people this far removed would likely advocate genocide against Muslims.

I'm appalled at the lack of empathy you all are displaying. All those commenters really want is for the people they view as being inferior humans to be carted off to an island somewhere without any internet access so they can live their pathetic lives without sullying the rest of humanity with their lovely views. It's exactly how I felt when I saw that image too. Just about the bottom half instead of the original post.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Crain posted:

Literally nothing. It's pure racism. They see a brown person and therefore it has to be the same as the ones that did 9/11.

You think that they'd like people who are religiously obligated to wield a huge fuckoff knife at all times in the military. Hell, the Indians have been using them as bodyguards for their heads of state for decades. It's as close to a warrior religion as you can get that isn't completely insular and xenophobic.

I wonder what they'd think of Hindus.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

davebo posted:

I'm appalled at the lack of empathy you all are displaying. All those commenters really want is for the people they view as being inferior humans to be carted off to an island somewhere without any internet access so they can live their pathetic lives without sullying the rest of humanity with their lovely views. It's exactly how I felt when I saw that image too. Just about the bottom half instead of the original post.

No, they want them all to be dead.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Malleum posted:

You think that they'd like people who are religiously obligated to wield a huge fuckoff knife at all times in the military. Hell, the Indians have been using them as bodyguards for their heads of state for decades. It's as close to a warrior religion as you can get that isn't completely insular and xenophobic.

I wonder what they'd think of Hindus.

It is hilarious to go back and watch things like old Johnny Quest episodes where the "Super buff, hairy, and MANLY Sikh" stereotype still exists. I remember watching old movies growing up and if you saw an Indian in a turban you instantly knew a) there's the muscle and b) poo poo's going to go down.

Now though there's just a racist joke coming and or them being labeled a terrorist.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
THIS HAS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

THIS HAS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always wonder about people who type like this seemingly intentionally. I wonder if they're just holding down the shift and 1 key and just pressing into it harder and harder as their rage builds. When do they choose to stop? At what point do they decide, "this many exclamation points gets my message across"? Do you ever think they go, "no, this is too many" or "this is too few"?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

DrProsek posted:

Right now they think that because of restrictions on facial hair and headwear, Muslims have never been able to join the US Army and so it's all God-fearing Christians (...and basically every other religion that has no set dress code including atheists but that's beside the point), but now that Muslims can join the army and have beards and turbans, they're going to infiltrate the army en masse!

To recap, Muslims are all Terminators who are programmed to kill every member of the Aryan Master-Race they can find, are are willing to employ deception by joining the US Army to get closer to ARE TROOPS, but draw the line at shaving and not wearing a hat. And now that you can have a beard and a turban, they will employ the age old rule of covert ops: make sure you wear an easily noticeable piece of headwear and a noticeable amount of facial hair so you can easily be identified as a member of your religion, thus making it easier to hide your sekrit Mulsim status.

As for Sikhs, I don't think these people know what Sikhs are, and if they even know they exist they probably consider Sikhs fancy Muslims.

Muslims don't even wear turbans. It's a Sikh / Persian thing. Persians are Iranian and most of them are Muslims and wear turbans, but not all Muslims are Persian.

Having a beard is not technically required for Muslims either, but it is considered a way to "live like the prophet" and is generally done to show that you are religious without having to tell anyone. Kind of the equivalent to every devout Christian in America wearing a gold cross even though the bible never says to.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Leofish posted:

I always wonder about people who type like this seemingly intentionally. I wonder if they're just holding down the shift and 1 key and just pressing into it harder and harder as their rage builds. When do they choose to stop? At what point do they decide, "this many exclamation points gets my message across"? Do you ever think they go, "no, this is too many" or "this is too few"?

It's pretty easy. When your yell/battlecry/tantrum is over you stop holding down the key. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpkzptvDpDY

Couldn't find that video without the DBZ stuff, but he would have a fair amount of !

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

DrProsek posted:

To recap, Muslims are all Terminators who are programmed to kill every member of the Aryan Master-Race they can find, are are willing to employ deception by joining the US Army to get closer to ARE TROOPS, but draw the line at shaving and not wearing a hat. ancy Muslims.

I guess instead of using dogs to detect them, you use pigs.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
An old friend from college put up this picture of random video game characters and tagged a bunch of people in it.

His quote was "Put Samus in her armor and it's perfect."

Apparently she was so upset about this stupid discussion that she had to make a status update about how much she didn't care:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How self-centered do you have to be to think that you were tagged for the sake of debating?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Oh poo poo, kids, :supaburn: EVERYONE IN AMERICA (one person in Texas) HAS EBOLA! :derp:

Be prepared for your natural news and infowars sharing friends to be all over this. This thread is about to get interesting! :munch:

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

The thing I really enjoy about this is that it looks like she stewed over it for about 10 hours before she had to speak up. About a video game costume.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Leofish posted:

Oh poo poo, kids, :supaburn: EVERYONE IN AMERICA (one person in Texas) HAS EBOLA! :derp:

Be prepared for your natural news and infowars sharing friends to be all over this. This thread is about to get interesting! :munch:

It's really weird to see because I and a couple of close friends are really interested in viruses from a historical and scientific perspective. We "believe" in vaccines and read lots of books, etc. But then there's the acquaintances who blame Obama and think we're all going to die and dirty africans and blah blah.

A friend was watching a fb debate about viruses the other day and one of the people said he didn't believe in vaccines because they didn't stop the black plague.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

How dare those filthy commoners random speak to her

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

SteveVizsla posted:

A friend was watching a fb debate about viruses the other day and one of the people said he didn't believe in vaccines because they didn't stop the black plague.

I mean that seems legit, I don't believe in fire departments because they didn't stop Nero.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man, cracked had an article about terrible argument tactics and #5 was pointing out logical fallacies. Basically that just screaming "Ad hominem!!!!" over and over neither advances your point, nor disproves theirs. It just makes you look like an rear end in a top hat. And the comments for this article are amazing because I don't think cracked knows who reads their articles.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-common-argument-tactics-that-need-to-die/

quote:

Stopped reading after that completely f*****g asinine concept of fallacious logic being of less merit to mic drop the occasional argument. If your APPROACH is fallacious you are goddamned right it destroys your entire argument, whether the end point of it is right or wrong, because you arrived at that conclusion due to flawed reasoning. That being said, to ASSUME the conclusion is wrong because of flawed reasoning is EQUALLY fallacious. However if no one can provide a sound argument why a conclusion IS, there is no reason to place any merit in it. Which is the point of using those tenants to dismantle an argument that you are using faulty reasoning to support. I.e. to avoid the minor fallacy of arguing from ignorance: To assume an assertion is true because it has not/cannot be/ proven false. To assert that the other must also disprove your claim and that it does not suffice to simply dismantle the reasoning you use to arrive to it is also shifting the burden of proof.....:words:

quote:

I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of this article; there are either one of two conclusions to draw from it: either the writer has a habit of making decisions based on poor logic and is frustrated with logic being used to call him out, or he's tired of people using logic incorrectly.

quote:

"You can't use your knowledge of logical fallacies to debate somebody, because whether or not someone is using a logical fallacy has little to do with whether or not they're right."

And yet it has everything to do with whether their ARGUMENT is right. Why should I be convinced by someone spouting things that don't logically follow from each other? It doesn't fly for validating real-world facts, why should it fly for validating argumentative conclusions that are supposed to align with real-world facts?

...or is the point here that I should just assume people who use logical fallacies aren't talking about the real world and go from there?

And on and on like that.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

belt posted:

The thing I really enjoy about this is that it looks like she stewed over it for about 10 hours before she had to speak up. About a video game costume.

Because I hate myself I took a look at the comments.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Malleum posted:

Hell, the Indians have been using them as bodyguards for their heads of state for decades.

This is probably not the best example you wan't to bring up FYI.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

God damnit, Obama, why do you hate America so much?

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

I'm curious how we are defining 'first case', because we already had two doctors brought over to the US with ebola. And from what I hear, this patient was returning from a country known to have an ebola epidemic, which is what raised red flags in the first place. So, I assume, he didn't contract it here. Are they calling it 'first' because it's the first general/civilian hospital to have a patient just walk in the front doors with it?

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

An old friend from college put up this picture of random video game characters and tagged a bunch of people in it.

His quote was "Put Samus in her armor and it's perfect."

Apparently she was so upset about this stupid discussion that she had to make a status update about how much she didn't care:

That whole freaking post (not just someone's response to it) is childish as hell, like its barely a step away from this:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

into the void posted:

Oh man, cracked had an article about terrible argument tactics and #5 was pointing out logical fallacies. Basically that just screaming "Ad hominem!!!!" over and over neither advances your point, nor disproves theirs. It just makes you look like an rear end in a top hat. And the comments for this article are amazing because I don't think cracked knows who reads their articles.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-common-argument-tactics-that-need-to-die/

And on and on like that.

Between that and the articles about gamers and women I think Cracked are starting to openly antagonize their readers. It's great.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Between that and the articles about gamers and women I think Cracked are starting to openly antagonize their readers. It's great.

You think they are. One of the articles several months back started out telling all of the mra's on their forums to stop whining about things that aren't real.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

Cracked openly antagonizing their readers is literally the only reason I still read their articles.

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

El Estrago Bonito posted:

This is probably not the best example you wan't to bring up FYI.

I was going to explain this to the class but its now funnier not to.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Friend posted, curious how people felt about a private, invite-only super exclusive group that only allowed male members. I didn't see a problem with it, even though I'm rather feminist; they aren't a charity, aren't open to the public, and are extraordinarily open to women in every other aspect. A guy replied with:

"To SteveVizsla - I will not ever support any organization that excludes anyone on the basis of their sex, colour, ethnic origin. And thanks for being a scheisskompf."

(Note: He's American, lives in Philly but went to England for a few weeks last year.)

I decided to go to his page to see how true his statement was.

The one share was by him. 10 minutes later.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Why does everyone keep blaming Obama for Ebola? I know it's a popular thing for idiots to do, but what's the connection?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

JT Smiley posted:

Why does everyone keep blaming Obama for Ebola? I know it's a popular thing for idiots to do, but what's the connection?

He's black and therefore responsible for every bad thing. That's basically it for some people.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

JT Smiley posted:

Everything is Obama's fault.

Everything.

Your favorite band didn't win a Grammy? THANKS OBAMA

Stepped in dog poo poo on the way to work? THANKS OBAMA

Disease outbreak got you all concerned? THANKS OBAMA

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

into the void posted:

I'm curious how we are defining 'first case', because we already had two doctors brought over to the US with ebola. And from what I hear, this patient was returning from a country known to have an ebola epidemic, which is what raised red flags in the first place. So, I assume, he didn't contract it here. Are they calling it 'first' because it's the first general/civilian hospital to have a patient just walk in the front doors with it?

That's basically it. The other two were already diagnosed and brought to the USA for treatment with all sorts of precautions taken. This is the first person to be diagnosed here, to not appear sick until home for a few days. Hopefully the person didn't infect a bunch of other people first.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

into the void posted:

He is the first case diagnosed in the United States. The other doctors and aid workers were diagnosed in Africa and then brought to the US for treatment. This person traveled to West Africia and returned before realizing he was ill. This means that the people he came into close contact with since returning to the US are also at some risk of contracting Ebola, so one sick American could lead to several sick Americans. All that being said, it is not as though ebola is an airborne illness. It is only the few people who may have come in contact with body fluids (likely his immediate family and maybe some health care workers before his diagnosis) who are at risk. It is not going to cause an epidemic in the US.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

SteveVizsla posted:

That's basically it. The other two were already diagnosed and brought to the USA for treatment with all sorts of precautions taken. This is the first person to be diagnosed here, to not appear sick until home for a few days. Hopefully the person didn't infect a bunch of other people first.

You're not infectious until you show symptoms, so from what I understand he'd only infect anyone with whom he had direct contact, or spread any bodily fluids to, between the time when symptoms surfaced and when he was isolated. He's infections for awhile after that, up to 7 weeks.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

But that's just what the World Health Org. says. They're obviously committed to the lie.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
http://kittystryker.com/2014/09/how-not-to-throw-an-orgy-a-5-point-guide/

quote:

I thoroughly enjoy going to group sex events, and have ever since I was an 18 year old baby queer. I started with kink community events in a private dungeon in Boston, then costumed house parties that tended to involve pervy poly folks of various persuasions. Many of my first experiences were in these spaces, exploring my desires in cuddle puddles of fellow queer geeks. It was the first place I felt at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Every single loving noun phrase in that quote makes me angry.

e: I clicked around her site a bit and she seems like she's not completely loving bonkers like the various perverts on tumblr but holy poo poo that is the most awkward introductory paragraph to anything ever.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Oct 1, 2014

• Locked thread