Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
So until now I have experienced a few bugs in this game (go figure) I took a picture of one of them

Oh, and I also found this little gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Playing STFs with goons last night was a lot of fun. I think we burned through all of the borg STFs in less time than a pub queue can complete an ISE.

Also looking forward to the Dentarium call-out thread, which will be hilarious.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 29, 2014

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Getting some "unable to authenticate" errors this morning. Yay.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah the server is coming down again. I checked the STO twitter to confirm.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What do holding provisions and experience do for us now that we've built everything?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Buying stuff from the fleet holdings uses up a provision if we run out we can't buy stuff that uses that type of provision until we get more (we have shitloads of provisions though so this never happens). XP doesn't do poo poo for us at this point. We're only still slotting projects so people can earn fleet credit at this point.

VVV: No we finished all of the upgrades ages ago.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 30, 2014

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is it possible to slot more upgrade projects so as to have more things to dump into?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Loving the counter-command armour set

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

MikeJF posted:

See if a star trek came out with that, it would be a hit. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Nice Harlequin motif you've got going there. :bigtran:

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Baron Porkface posted:

Is it possible to slot more upgrade projects so as to have more things to dump into?

Looks like it's all slotted up, any empty spots you may see in the fleet holdings have no possible anything to slot at the moment.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
Which faction should I join? I made a Romulan.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

hobocrunch posted:

Which faction should I join? I made a Romulan.

Be a Klingon Romulan, Contraband is worth it's weight in Dilithium, and Klingons have the best ways to get it.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Hunter Noventa posted:

Be a Klingon Romulan, Contraband is worth it's weight in Dilithium, and Klingons have the best ways to get it.

When do you get to choose your faction?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

hobocrunch posted:

When do you get to choose your faction?

'Turning Point' mission, it's usually around level 10 or 11.

You should go Klingon. What they lack in refined game artwork and settings they make up for in mechanics.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

MikeJF posted:

'Turning Point' mission, it's usually around level 10 or 11.

You should go Klingon. What they lack in refined game artwork and settings they make up for in mechanics.

And capes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Romulans get pretty bling cape action anyway.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Hunter Noventa posted:

They also have the more brain-dead ways to GET Dilithium. I still regard those Empire Defence missions as useful.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Sorry if I seem retarded, but am I level 17? I don't remember getting an option to choose which faction..

This game seems awfully weird right now...

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

There's a double xp event going on right now so you're gaining levels twice as fast as normal which throws the timing off a bit. You need to finish the mission "Turning Point" and you'll be able to pick a faction then. You really can't miss it unless you deliberately try to. Just keep running the episodes.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Follow the mission chain you have there. Part of the reason the game probably feels weird is because you're fenced off from the "real world" until you finish the introductory New Romulus chain and ally with the Feds or Roms.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Lagomorphic posted:

There's a double xp event going on right now so you're gaining levels twice as fast as normal which throws the timing off a bit. You need to finish the mission "Turning Point" and you'll be able to pick a faction then. You really can't miss it unless you deliberately try to. Just keep running the episodes.

Okay, I'm just worried I'm spending all this time and I've made a fatal mistake that I can't go back on. Thanks though, that makes me a little less worried!

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
You haven't missed it. It's the one after the one you're on now if memory serves.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Lagomorphic posted:

Also, if you are a dummy like me and managed to hit level 21 before you started your level 10 missions because of this double xp event and was wondering why you aren't getting any ship tokens on the KDF (not Rom-KDF):

You don't get any promotion quests until you complete (not skip) the quest "Test of Mettle," no matter how high your level. Once you finish the mission you will get the Commander promotion mission immediately.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah poo poo's a little hosed with the bonus xp. They really fine tuned the xp rewards from the episodes so you'd be hitting level 10 at a certain part of the story so they could tie in your first promotion with it. Then they started running double xp events and it fucks it all up. It's not a huge issue though it just means you're stuck in a level 1-10 ship through most of your teens. It doesn't make a huge difference in practice though.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
To be fair, you're expecting two different races to be able to keep track of paperwork. One of them had their homeworld destroyed within the past 50 years, the other is a warrior race that puts HONOUR before all else (other than Contraband).

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
SHOW ME YOUR HONOR. And gimme that space blow. And let me do some space blow off your honor :v:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Lorak posted:

To be fair, you're expecting two different races to be able to keep track of paperwork. One of them had their homeworld destroyed within the past 50 years, the other is a warrior race that puts HONOUR before all else (other than Contraband).

In binge-watching DS9 while playing STO, one of my favorite scenes was the one where Quark is going through accounting spreadsheets with the Klingons and they're struggling to add 2 and 2.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

MoraleHazard posted:

In binge-watching DS9 while playing STO, one of my favorite scenes was the one where Quark is going through accounting spreadsheets with the Klingons and they're struggling to add 2 and 2.
Oh, come on, you can't just say that without linking it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65l7RHUx2A

EDIT: Aquarius upgrades: Boff slot universals, cloaking, Flanking and more! And other stuff.

Lorak fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 1, 2014

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Today was a really rough day at work. I felt like those Klingons in that scene.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Pleasantly surprised at Vesta buffs.

No secondary deflectors :(

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 1, 2014

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Whoah, we might actually see people terribly using the Aquarius.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Patch notes posted:

Level 50+ Queued Events:
The Fire Extinguisher can now be claimed in Undine Infiltration Advanced.

Does this mean klanks can get a proper fire extinguisher now?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

All 3+minutes clickies are now 2 minutes.

...and nothing changes because there's too many superior passive consoles.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wow, there's a lot of changes there that imply someone's actually looking at mechanics and making things useful, and may actually be semi-competent.

I mean the Aquarius may not be good now but at least it has a role.

EDIT: Oh, they halved the cooldown on separation consoles too, about time.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 1, 2014

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So I've finally managed to subscribe to STO (Flesh Forge, if you're reading this, THANKS!)- how do I get to Tribbling with the other cool people? And can I play the Delta Rising content while I'm there?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Wow, there's a lot of changes there that imply someone's actually looking at mechanics and making things useful, and may actually be semi-competent.
Yeah, there's basically nothing really bad there. I kind of boggle at the Vesta getting buffed since it's already the best sciboat, but hey even that's nice.

Dootman posted:

Does this mean klanks can get a proper fire extinguisher now?
One of the options requires a fire extinguisher to complete, and the map gives a limited-use variant. I presume it's just fixing a bug that this one didn't drop in the 51+ queue, so klanks couldn't complete the optional.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

"Patch Notes" posted:

Added a Defeated Recap feature.
This is a small window which appears upon being defeated.
It will show what entity, the power, and the damage it dealt to defeat the player.

"Gozortorp smoked you for a grazillion damage."

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

That's more like it

I was an early adopter of the Aquarius and have regretted it for a long time. No more!

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm surprised they messed with the D'Kyr at all.

• Locked thread