Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

haljordan posted:

What's worse: Artie's issues with substance abuse or Artie's issues with women?

An interesting question, but I have to say, they are so intertwined that I'm not sure you can separate them. He needs his saint-like women to take comfort him after he has driven away the whorish women with his drinking.

You know, on second though it's his issues with women; while they are related, his drinking problem is more internal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Squashy Nipples posted:

An interesting question, but I have to say, they are so intertwined that I'm not sure you can separate them. He needs his saint-like women to take comfort him after he has driven away the whorish women with his drinking.

You know, on second though it's his issues with women; while they are related, his drinking problem is more internal.

Well it's pretty obvious he's just searching for a girl exactly like his mother. Someone who takes care of him and cooks and cleans and doesn't say poo poo as he slowly (rapidly) kills himself with booze and god knows what else. I remember Artie constantly talking about how great Dana was and how much he cared for her and then in the same breath absolutely refusing to do anything whatsoever about all the issues that are preventing him from having any sort of normal healthy relationship. I think he pretty much flat out said "I'm just gonna keep doing whatever I want and I don't really care if anyone approves." He'd probably act the same exact way with women even if he wasn't an addict.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 29, 2014

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

haljordan posted:

Well it's pretty obvious he's just searching for a girl exactly like his mother. Someone who takes care of him and cooks and cleans and doesn't say poo poo as he slowly (rapidly) kills himself with booze and god knows what else. I remember Artie constantly talking about how great Dana was and how much he cared for her and then in the same breath absolutely refusing to do anything whatsoever about all the issues that are preventing him from having any sort of normal healthy relationship. I think he pretty much flat out said "I'm just gonna keep doing whatever I want and I don't really care if anyone approves." He'd probably act the same exact way with women even if he wasn't an addict.

Seems about right, and thus, his rapid decline is ongoing.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Is this girl Adrian the girl he spent most of his second book gushing over or is this a new one?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
His family enables him. I wonder if his mom and sister have ever been to therapy or al-anon

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

His family enables him. I wonder if his mom and sister have ever been to therapy or al-anon

His money and fame enable him. If he was a construction worker I'd wonder how far he would get with all of this.

I'm guessing he went back on the bottle to cope with losing Eric the Actor.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Is this girl Adrian the girl he spent most of his second book gushing over or is this a new one?

Yes, that's her (Adrienne).

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

so what finally got her to leave him? I mean what else can you do that is worse than trying to kill yourself and calling you a oval office when visiting a foreign country.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

His money and fame enable him. If he was a construction worker I'd wonder how far he would get with all of this.

I seem to remember him (or someone on the show) saying that the worst thing for an addict is an endless supply of money and fame. Didn't he also say that people would come up to him at one point with free drugs? No way in hell would Artie circa 2009 have turned that down. I doubt present day Artie would, either. :sigh:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

What's worse: Artie's issues with substance abuse or Artie's issues with women?

I'm pretty sick of Artie's nonstop loving "Poor Me" routine, why doesn't he try being a 3 foot tall crippled midget dwarf with rotten plum hands if he wants to be "depressed".

Just get off Twitter and hang yourself already if it's so bad.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Hey hey, Beetle was pretty coherent this morning! Great to hear from him.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Squashy Nipples posted:

Hey hey, Beetle was pretty coherent this morning! Great to hear from him.

Trying to blame Dominic for everything he did bad was great.

Hey Beet we found poo poo in your pants.
Man Dominic put it there.

Beet they caught you smoking in the airplane bathroom?
Naw that was Dominic.
He wasn't there with you.
Naw naw naw he was smoking.

Geekslinger fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 29, 2014

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

No joke, Beet was downright lucid when he was talking about religion.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Beetlejuice is God in disguise. I know it to be true.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

they should just give Beet his own show. Just let him take calls and poo poo.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

"Dominic's the worst man... He shits on people's food."

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm pretty sick of Artie's nonstop loving "Poor Me" routine, why doesn't he try being a 3 foot tall crippled midget dwarf with rotten plum hands if he wants to be "depressed".

Just get off Twitter and hang yourself already if it's so bad.
All I can think of is Artie yelling "WAAHHHHHH!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

I'm guessing he went back on the bottle to cope with losing Eric the Actor.

Like he gives a poo poo.

That said, if Artie wants to gain followers, I'm sure he can find the Midget's grave....

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Beetlejuice is God in disguise. I know it to be true.

It would explain so much.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

I forgot all about Robin tanking $3600 to Howard as they bet on a stripper knowing general knowledge stuff. It's a great piece of radio.

http://youtu.be/jz-ISrNp5IA?t=9h39m50s

I just want to thank you for posting this and encourage everyone to listen to it.

If you've ever been even slightly annoyed by Robin, this clip is for you.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm pretty sick of Artie's nonstop loving "Poor Me" routine

That sounds like his deeply ingrained addiction. As long as there a reason to feel depressed, there is a justification to use. If he could suddenly realize how good he does have it (or could have it), he wouldn't use again, but that's not how it works.

When is Howard's current contract up? With the Robin's health and the show tightly circling the drain I don't see anyway he could continue past this term.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
That clip really made me smile. It's so great to see the cast having fun together, yelling over each other not in an angry way, but in the way you do with your friends because you keep thinking of funny things to say. And at least Robin was INTERESTED. You couldn't get her to bet twenty dollars now.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Dr.Caligari posted:

When is Howard's current contract up? With the Robin's health and the show tightly circling the drain I don't see anyway he could continue past this term.

15 months. Someone called in and asked him about extending his contract today. Howard pretended like he had no idea how long was left on it and had to ask the caller. I honestly can't see him sticking it another 4-5 years after this contract ends either.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I know the show is a shell of what it once was, but isn't it going to be super weird not having it on anymore? I wonder if Sal is finally prepared.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Howard: George, would you play a black cowboy who yodels in a submarine?
George: Of course!
Howard: See, Eric? THAT'S an actor!

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

The pepsi bottle is a nice touch

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

The pepsi bottle is a nice touch

:lol: I think I would have picked a different monument.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28p3n_spinal-tap-stonehenge_music&start=185

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
:(

http://i.imgur.com/MC37UmS.jpg (click for big)

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
I only recently learned of Eric's passing :( and as I was reading up on it, this song came up on my playlist. It seemed appropriate, so I thought I'd share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7xGA2EZ1Z8

RIP you impossible little creature, and thanks for the laughs.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenneth Keith was an idiot and a jackass, but he didn't deserve to die in prison like that. :(

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hank :(

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

prefect posted:

Kenneth Keith was an idiot and a jackass, but he didn't deserve to die in prison like that. :(

Yeah I remember that. Howard got emotional talking about it and how he spoke with his mom when he was in jail and after his death.

I will always remember his goofy appearances.

http://youtu.be/hWZ59PhSVDM

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 1, 2014

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

prefect posted:

That was a down right crime, I'm upset nothing came out of it.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero

AxeManiac posted:

Wasn't Steve Langford and his monstrous cock on the case?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

AxeManiac posted:

I read the Wikipedia page and it said he was in prison for abduction of a child... what was that all about?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Did Elliot Offen die? I haven't heard his name in forever.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Niwrad posted:

I DON'T CARE IF HE LIVES OR DIES! I DON'T CARE IF HE LIVES OR DIES! I DON'T CARE IF HE LIVES OR DIES! I DON'T CARE IF HE LIVES OR DIES! I DON'T CARE IF HE LIVES OR DIES!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

UltraRed posted:

I read the Wikipedia page and it said he was in prison for abduction of a child... what was that all about?

I want to say he was hitting on high-school girls from his car when he got arrested, but it's been a while since I knew the details.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Allegedly, he was cruising in his mom's car and trying to pick up a young girl, and by young I believe she was like teenaged but not 18. She freaked and he was taken in shortly after that. Langford did stories as time went on about his jail stint, but that the girl's testimony was not strong or something to that affect. He never went to trial, so we can only assume that he was innocent of those charges.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Niwrad posted:

I think he got banned at one point, and he's no longer associated with the show. "He's around".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

prefect posted:

I want to say he was hitting on high-school girls from his car when he got arrested, but it's been a while since I knew the details.

Yeah, he had a lot of problems, but dying in prison like that isn't right. He was only arrested for something and being held because of a previous probation. He never went to trial over it so who knows what he actually did.