Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Evil Canadian posted:

Anyone know if your co-op partners kills/damage taken affect your score in adventure mode?

Yes, both do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Inverness posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors needs to become a thing. :allears:

Metroid Warriors and Advance, uh, Warriors.

I mean imagine Battalion Wars but actually a good game that would be awesome.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

playable cast in metroid warriors:

samus
??????????????

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Why don't we just cut the crap and make Dyntasy Warriors: MUGEN?

Just throw loving everyone in there.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I really wonder how Wizro is going to play. The way he fights in-game don't really seem fitted to a player-character. He'll have to be radically different when you actually play as him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shadowlyger posted:

Why don't we just cut the crap and make Dyntasy Warriors: MUGEN?

Just throw loving everyone in there.
that's called warriors orochi 3 ultimate

the entire cast of dynasty warriors 8
the entire cast of samurai warriors 3
ryu hayabusa
ayane and kasumi
sterk from the atelier games
sophitia from soul calibur
joan of arc
achilles
a bunch of random chinese/japanese mythological figures

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Endorph posted:

samus
??????????????

All the dudes from Prime Hunters, the three bounty hunters from Prime 3, an actual chozo, one of the bipedal Metroid forms, the soldiers from Other M, Dark Samus

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Endorph posted:

samus
??????????????
THE BABY
Ridley
Kraid

I think it'd actually be cool to bring back the Hunters and Prime 3 bounty hunters. They were all cool in some way.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

samus
??????????????

Science team.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Told myself I wouldn't whore myself out in the thread, but after reading that having Friendly Links can offer better benefits, I figure I may as well. My NNID is MykonosFan, just like my SA name. I will also be down to Smash Sum Bros in the future. 18 1/2 hours into this game and I don't see myself burning out any time soon, it's been a while since I've gotten this addicted to a game. And here I thought I'd regret buying it. WHOO

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

YorexTheMad posted:

Unfortunately I can't really think of any advice more than "ignore bosses/commanders, kill mooks". I don't think I've seen any missions where actually killing the hard stuff triggers more waves of mooks, they seem to be timed triggers.

They're actually based on the amount of kills you have. Every 100 kills spawns the next wave.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jivjov posted:

All the dudes from Prime Hunters, the three bounty hunters from Prime 3, an actual chozo, one of the bipedal Metroid forms, the soldiers from Other M, Dark Samus
black dude's musou attack would just be lifting his helmet and going 'remember me?'

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
So for shits and giggles I played a level 99 Network Link with L52 Ganondorf. Beat it in one go, gained 2 levels, and probably spent upward of half an hour beating it. I wouldn't recommend playing that far out of your league, but it is doable if you're so inclined. Sheik was the commander and ended up being way easier than the generals somehow; they were tanks and took forever to die whereas Sheik went down almost immediately. :v:

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I did one of those. Was it Sheik plus a bunch of Dinolfos? I was using L50-or-so Lana with the spear and had to spam the slingshot to kill the Dinolfos because they kept getting cheap hits for lots of damage. My reward was a Tier-3 Rod that wasn't better than the last one I got. :(

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Yeah, sounds about right. I had to just run around and take pot shots at the Dinos until they decided to reveal their weak points if they were grouped up, but alone they were easy enough to spam YX, mash, dodge, juggle and repeat. Ended up with a merely ok T3 spear and the same amount of money I'd have earned if I'd done one at my level, what a gyp.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Vanrushal posted:

So for shits and giggles I played a level 99 Network Link with L52 Ganondorf. Beat it in one go, gained 2 levels, and probably spent upward of half an hour beating it. I wouldn't recommend playing that far out of your league, but it is doable if you're so inclined. Sheik was the commander and ended up being way easier than the generals somehow; they were tanks and took forever to die whereas Sheik went down almost immediately. :v:

Are you sure that the level of the network link actually makes a difference? When I first started adventure mode (I was maybe level 20) I did a network link level for one that was level 99 and did absolutely fine.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Taear posted:

Are you sure that the level of the network link actually makes a difference? When I first started adventure mode (I was maybe level 20) I did a network link level for one that was level 99 and did absolutely fine.

I think it depends both on the level of the Network Link and on the difficulty of the map itself.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I love adventure missions where you do the first objective and get "the entire enemy force is advancing on [commander]!" Sprint back to them, hold the line, go from 300 to 1800 KOs in a few minutes, then run across an empty field to their commander. Guys with good BBBBBY like Ruto and Ganondorf rule that part, Ganondorf's can even clear entire keeps in one use.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Endorph posted:

that's called warriors orochi 3 ultimate

the entire cast of dynasty warriors 8
the entire cast of samurai warriors 3
ryu hayabusa
ayane and kasumi
sterk from the atelier games
sophitia from soul calibur
joan of arc
achilles
a bunch of random chinese/japanese mythological figures

Out of curiosity, how's the Wii U version of that game? I know it was a launch title, so I'm curious how it turned out.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Taear posted:

The Dinolfos were notably harder to kill than say Shield Moblins on harder stages. It felt less like "this is supposed to be challenging" and more like "you might want to come back to this". I don't know if it was the stage or the Link level but fighting them was a slog.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
I found that when doing the kill X number of enemies quests the best thing to do is go hit commanders since they tend to have a ton of mooks around them also taking them out prevents morale boosts. Avoid the big monsters and just rotate the map finding large groups to hit until reinforcements hit rinse repeat. Also in case it was missed my NNID is VisualPine didn't see it in the op yet.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
My NNID is JudgeTesla, I forgot to add that in the last post I made, in addition, this game's fun, just as fun as DW8, but I am not too fond of the boss fights, the rest is good so far though.

IAD
Jan 28, 2011

Captain Marvelous!
NNID: Krazykone

Surprised how much fun I'm having with this, Impa is pretty awesome.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Judge Tesla posted:

My NNID is JudgeTesla, I forgot to add that in the last post I made, in addition, this game's fun, just as fun as DW8, but I am not too fond of the boss fights, the rest is good so far though.

I don't think the boss fights are TOO bad, but it was pretty painful trying to kill two Manhandlas within 10 minutes on the Adventure mode. I was using a lv 20 or something character, and the stupid boss being totally invulnerable until it does its thing that you throw boomerangs at was really annoying, especially when it kept doing other, stupid attacks instead. Like, I just need a few more hits, do the stupid attack that makes you vulnerable already, jeez

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Spectacular.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HJE-Cobra posted:

I don't think the boss fights are TOO bad, but it was pretty painful trying to kill two Manhandlas within 10 minutes on the Adventure mode. I was using a lv 20 or something character, and the stupid boss being totally invulnerable until it does its thing that you throw boomerangs at was really annoying, especially when it kept doing other, stupid attacks instead. Like, I just need a few more hits, do the stupid attack that makes you vulnerable already, jeez

Yeah, that's part of the frustration with any kind of attacks based on timing. Like, Gohma is easy enough most of the time, you just wait for him to fire his laser, leap to the side and shoot him with the bow, but I can't wait long enough to do all that poo poo while I'm supposed to be slaughtering 400 enemies. I just ignored the bosses in that mission and could keep out of their way long enough to get my KOs, but I get the impression I'm not going to be able to do that all the time and keep from getting wrecked.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

On the kill x in 10 minutes, reinforcements show up every 100 kills, so keep that mind if you're moving around a lot. I've had the most luck just evading bosses and taking down generals only if I can kill them fast/kill lots of mooks while doing so.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I tried Midna for the first time last night. She feels kinda odd but also I'm not entirely sure what her extra meter is. Is she just more powerful temporarily after you grab an enemy?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

On the kill x in 10 minutes, reinforcements show up every 100 kills, so keep that mind if you're moving around a lot. I've had the most luck just evading bosses and taking down generals only if I can kill them fast/kill lots of mooks while doing so.

Yeah, same here. The only real point to killing generals is for the drops, which is actually nice if you're an under-leveled mook like I am (those stages tend to have a good variety), so it's best to just kind of eye the timer and make sure you hit the next hundred in time to generate the reinforcements.

edit: Do you get experience at all in Adventure Mode? I've been assuming no, but I suppose it's possible you get tiny amounts.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I tried doing a thing with the kill 500 dudes in 10 minutes level, the one with two Gohmas and Ruto to start with: keep a lock on one of the Gohmas, but just keep going after the hordes. The point of the lock is so that you can dodge its laser when it comes, plant an arrow in its eye, and then just leave it there stunned while you keep plowing through dudes.

I still didn't get an A rank because it got a couple of lucky shots on me that took me down to like two hearts, but in terms of time and minimizing the frustration the bosses bring to those levels, it seemed like it worked.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

edit: Do you get experience at all in Adventure Mode? I've been assuming no, but I suppose it's possible you get tiny amounts.

You absolutely do - I haven't the foggiest about how it all works but I'm certainly getting levels on some of my characters. I'm guessing you just don't see that much xp from non-adventure missions (the ones where you have to cap keeps & beat the enemy commander) - in particular I have to assume the "all attacks are deadly" give massively reduced XP (and barely have any drops.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So what are some good stages for grinding weapons? I've been doing Valley of Seers/Sorceress of the Valley since it's pretty easy, has a lot of forts, and two guaranteed weapon drops that I know of.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Evil Mastermind posted:

So what are some good stages for grinding weapons? I've been doing Valley of Seers/Sorceress of the Valley since it's pretty easy, has a lot of forts, and two guaranteed weapon drops that I know of.

If you complete the first Skulltula illustration, you unlock an awesome "Rewards Map" seperate from the Adventure Mode map. The first mission in the Rewards Map is really, really good for farming weapons, materials, EXP, rupees, and unsealing skills on weapons. The monsters are super easy for any character to kill and the 6 generals start off neutral and surrounded by enemies, and since they're neutral they won't go lower than 1%. So you can just farm around 1000 kills for weapons, materials and stuff, then go recruit a general, kill the other 5 super fast since they're at 1% hp, get their silver/gold materials or weapons, and kill the boss. Every time you clear it you get a 40k rupee bonus, and if you have a weapon with Slots+ and Stars+ on it and a potion from the apothecary you can get really good weapon drops. It's my favorite mission for just fuckin' around and lazily killing stuff, stress-free.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bonzibuddy64 posted:

If you complete the first Skulltula illustration, you unlock an awesome "Rewards Map" seperate from the Adventure Mode map. The first mission in the Rewards Map is really, really good for farming weapons, materials, EXP, rupees, and unsealing skills on weapons. The monsters are super easy for any character to kill and the 6 generals start off neutral and surrounded by enemies, and since they're neutral they won't go lower than 1%. So you can just farm around 1000 kills for weapons, materials and stuff, then go recruit a general, kill the other 5 super fast since they're at 1% hp, get their silver/gold materials or weapons, and kill the boss. Every time you clear it you get a 40k rupee bonus, and if you have a weapon with Slots+ and Stars+ on it and a potion from the apothecary you can get really good weapon drops. It's my favorite mission for just fuckin' around and lazily killing stuff, stress-free.

Is the first illustration basically just "get all of the skulltulas in Legend mode"?

I need to stop playing adventure mode and just make a beeline through Legend, don't I?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Is the first illustration basically just "get all of the skulltulas in Legend mode"?

I need to stop playing adventure mode and just make a beeline through Legend, don't I?

Yeah - first painting is from Normal mode Legend skulltuals + the first 2 from hard mode Legend. Some of your difficulty with Adventure mode might be that you haven't finished Legend (and thus don't have as many levels and some of the weapon rank unlocks.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

I tried Midna for the first time last night. She feels kinda odd but also I'm not entirely sure what her extra meter is. Is she just more powerful temporarily after you grab an enemy?

Yes. She is really drat strong when she's got some meter, so keep topped up at all times. If you've got it, her yyyyx combo auto refills the meter if you hit someone with it (outside of giant bosses).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kaubocks posted:

Reverse Fi, it adds the darkness element to her attacks.

Edit: Unlocked the Great Fairy. Her attacks are super fun and she would be my favorite character to use if it weren't for the fact she is so goddamn slow. Even at full speed it feels like she's going at walking speed :psyduck:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 1, 2014

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006
I have wasted one of my ladders and I'm afraid I will never get to see another one. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mayheim posted:

I have wasted one of my ladders and I'm afraid I will never get to see another one. :rip:

I saw people mention this when looking up how to cross the river to get Agiatha. Just refight a tile near where the ladder to get the game to respawn it.

• Locked thread