Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

I painted some duders. My first try at serious highlighting and the start of my crimson fist army.

Very nice. Good even colors, highlighting and what not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I like it! I suspect the red is deeper than it actually looks in the pic, I know my own reds do not capture well in photography well.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

I painted some duders. My first try at serious highlighting and the start of my crimson fist army.
Drill your barrels and then you can call it a day! I dig em.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Thanks guys! (The barrels are drilled, heh.)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

Thanks guys! (The barrels are drilled, heh.)
The plasma gun one doesn't look drilled is all. These guys remind me a lot of my Fists, basing and all.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

SRM posted:

The plasma gun one doesn't look drilled is all. These guys remind me a lot of my Fists, basing and all.

Ah yeah. I see what you mean. Drilling is not neat and off-center. Will get fixed asap.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I'd imagine they'd have a much larger barrel, too.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can you take hurricane bolter mortis dreadnoughts? that'd be fun for Dark Angels with the banner of devestation

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Can you take hurricane bolter mortis dreadnoughts? that'd be fun for Dark Angels with the banner of devestation
You can only take a hurricane bolter on Ironclad Dreadnoughts, unless Mortis Dreadnoughts in the Forgeworld books have been updated with them.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

DJ Dizzy posted:

How did you do that Grey Knight armor?

It was literally only Army Painter Platemail Metal color primer, plus Nuln Oil. Then they looked so cool that I let them sit for 2 weeks, terrified that anything else I would do to them would somehow screw them up. I eventually did the trim and accessories, mostly in gold, red, black and bone. I think the non-black primer really made the lighter colors like the red and white on the shields pop out more than they normally would have.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Drake_263 posted:

Bit late, but I bought two boxes for a 10-man SG unit and was fairly impressed with the kit. They've got a LOT of detail and come with all sorts of extra bits like extra older-Mark helmets and stuff. Also picking up just one means you'll never be hurting for special weapons; each box comes with one heavy bolter, one heavy flamer, and two of each combi-weapon (-flamer, -plasma, -melta and -grav), along with two each of flamers, meltaguns, plasma guns and grav guns, five regular and five storm bolters.. I honestly want to recommend picking up one box even if you don't like Sternguard as a unit, you get so many neat bits for customizing and loading up your Marines in one box. Hell, there're so many ornate bits in there that it shouldn't be too hard to bling up a coule of standard tac marines with the parts to make an extra Sternguard or three. Same goes for Vanguard kits really, even if one box comes with 'just' five Marines you get so many close-combat weapon bits that picking up one just for the spare parts isn't too bad of a call.

The Tactical box is also one of my favorite new kits - one box comes with a fuckton of new stuff, including all the kit you can conceivably put on a marine sergeant. The only heavy weapon in the kit is, sadly, the missile launcher, but you get one of each special weapon, a bunch of bits you can use to make a combi-weapon of your choice, a handful of melee weapons.. and the bits are much more detailed than the old MArine kits were. There's really not any wasted space on the sprues at all.

Holy hell are you right. Picked up some of these and some resin bases, going to make the best looking dudes in my drat army.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

SRM posted:

You can only take a hurricane bolter on Ironclad Dreadnoughts, unless Mortis Dreadnoughts in the Forgeworld books have been updated with them.

Hurricane bolter is not a weapon option on the Contemptor-Mortis in IA:A at least, regular Dreads don't appear in that book, and it isn't an option for Legion Mortis or Contemptor-Mortis in the HH books

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

Faith in Ghost Hand... restored:

This is a forgeworld book. Supposedly its going to include rules for '30k in 40k' IE: legion chaos vehicles like drop pods, storm eagles, earlier pattern land raiders, and the works. Also LOTD/Renegades are back. Rumors for now, but hail Satan Chaos anyway, this is awesome if true.

This looks loving awesome, and would be neat to tie together my Black Legion army and my future all-Terminator Sons of Horus army.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

panascope posted:

The Vanguard Vets box is cool as heck and comes with the all important power armor thunder hammer and storm shield for making King poo poo of Punch Mountain. I keep meaning to make a biker Librarian with one of the power axes but I haven't had time recently.

I have to agree; the two vet kits are quite amazing. I'm going to be using bits from them to make my biker command squad (all grav guns all the time), and I used the awesome power sword for my bike librarian:

I think I'm in love with poorly done kit-bashing.

Edit: vvv
For pictures:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3630222&perpage=40&pagenumber=36#post434540829
and
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=38#post435529985

Parts were dark vengeance librarian, hacked off at the waist. Dark Angels upgrade sprue for the wings and book, dark vengeance biker bolters just glued onto the wheel thingy. The baby is from the recent librarian kit, and the sword is from the vanguard vets kit.

drgnvale fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 30, 2014

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Do you have any more pics of this librarian? I'm thinking about converting one up myself and I'm curious about the parts you used.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Cataphract posted:

Big ups to Scowny and Zark the Damned for coming to my gig tonight. Additional ups for the big pile of Sisters of Battle from Zark... thanks brother.

No probs man, cheers for an awesome show. Hope you get some good use out of those sisters!

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

BULBASAUR posted:

This is a forgeworld book. Supposedly its going to include rules for '30k in 40k' IE: legion chaos vehicles like drop pods, storm eagles, earlier pattern land raiders, and the works. Also LOTD/Renegades are back. Rumors for now, but hail Satan Chaos anyway, this is awesome if true.

Not everything you said is 100% accurate. But it is very close...

Why did you LOSE faith!?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Ghost Hand posted:

Why did you LOSE faith!?

You didn't talk about Aun'Shi in the Tau episode!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghost Hand posted:

Not everything you said is 100% accurate. But it is very close...

Why did you LOSE faith!?

I'll be really stoked if I can run hell blades and hell talons, those are some of my favorite Forgeworld models

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

BULBASAUR posted:

If your report is remotely accurate, this has the potential to be extremely my poo poo. :getin:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Hello fellow hams. I have decided to sell off my Space Marine guff and just be an Ork purist. The trouble being, I don't know SM as well as I know Orks and so can't easily identify everything I have.

If you would be so kind, let me know what the heck it is I have. I know lots of stuff I have is common as dirt but a few pieces seem somewhat rare and therefore hopefully worth something.

Seatbelts?

Icons

Iron Hand, Assault, and Blood Claw Shoulder Pads

Dread plates?

Smoke Launchers?

Shoulder Pads

Special Shoulder Pads

Tank things

Terminators & bitz

Crotch and belt bitz

Arms

More Arms

Iron Hand parts?

Old School IG & Scout arms?

Game Day SM with Jump Pack and hammer

Packs

Special Packs

Special Pack Close Up

Special? Jump Pack

More Special Packs?

Chaos mouth head parts?

I love my bolter marines

More I love my bolter marines

Heads

Legs

Torsos

SM dudes

More SM Dudes

Current I love my Bolter Marines

Termie Arms

Termies

Servitors

Even more dudes

Space Marines 1

Space Marines 2

Space Marines 3

Space Marines 4

Space Marines 5

Bitz and Parts

Jump Marines (what arms did these guys come with?)

Bike Marines. Are they any good in 7th?

Metal dreads X3

Are SM scouts any good in 7th?

Any insight as to who some of the "dudes" are or any rare or desirable bitz or models are would be sincerely appreciated.

I hope the image spam does wreck anyone's day.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

How many scouts?

e: your inbox is full.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Indolent Bastard posted:

Hello fellow hams. I have decided to sell off my Space Marine guff and just be an Ork purist. The trouble being, I don't know SM as well as I know Orks and so can't easily identify everything I have.

If you would be so kind, let me know what the heck it is I have. I know lots of stuff I have is common as dirt but a few pieces seem somewhat rare and therefore hopefully worth

Terminators & bitz

Any insight as to who some of the "dudes" are or any rare or desirable bitz or models are would be sincerely appreciated.

I hope the image spam does wreck anyone's day.

I'd buy the plastic termy arms and shoulder pads.... But I'm not sure how your trying to sell this stuff.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 1, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

How many scouts?

e: your inbox is full.

Made some inbox space.

10+ with sniper rifles, 2 with rocket launchers.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

I'd buy the plastic termy arms and shoulder pads.... But I'm not sure how your trying to sell this stuff.

I'm not sure myself. I will be ebaying stuff like the 7th Ed. Mini rule book and storm claw space wolves (not pictured) but the misc stuff is up in the air as some It's some of it is possibly worth posting on eBay, other stuff is pure goon fodder (aka special fiddly blitz that probably won't get a good return on eBay).

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Indolent Bastard posted:

If you would be so kind, let me know what the heck it is I have. I know lots of stuff I have is common as dirt but a few pieces seem somewhat rare and therefore hopefully worth something.

Seatbelts?

part of a drop pod

quote:

Special Pack Close Up

I will buy this.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'd be interested in the chainsword arms

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I'm definitely interested in getting some bikes, personally.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I'd take basically all of those icons.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I will buy this.

Who's backpack is it?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Who's backpack is it?

It's Cypher's and it's pretty rad.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

BULBASAUR posted:

I'll be really stoked if I can run hell blades and hell talons, those are some of my favorite Forgeworld models

They have some very nice rules... and one that is pretty unique in 40k. I'm glad I have a Hell Blade. Might buy a second.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Safety Factor posted:

It's Cypher's and it's pretty rad.

The Chaos Space Marine Chirugeon pack thingy also has 4 of them.
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Chaos-Space-Marines-Chirugeon-Backpack

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
My wife insists I have a miniature for her. Picked up a Saint Celestine and gave it a Ultramarine/Asian paintjob. I'm not totally done with it yet but I'm happy with how its going along.

And a friend of mine gave me some WW2 28mm tents he had sitting around he was never going to use. Cause I guess even Transhuman superman need sleep.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
nice of you to make the cyber-cherub a tent as well

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
I'd be interested in those metal dreads if the price was right :getin:

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

Hello fellow hams. I have decided to sell off my Space Marine guff and just be an Ork purist...

Oh hell, I'd probably buy a bunch of that stuff from you. Scouts, gamesday marine, assault shoulder pads, crotch bits, chainsword arms, cloak backs, the chaplain space marine, the techmarine and servo arm back.

Let me know if you're interested in working something out.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Latest FW newsletter is out. So Bulbasaur's rumor was pretty much on the money as Ghost Hand said as it's the slipcase for the special edition of vol. 13 (heh) of Imperial Armour.

Forgeworld posted:

The latest edition to the Imperial Armour book range includes profiles and rules for the vehicles of the Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Titans, Daemon Engines and the armoured vehicles of the Heretic and the Renegade.

It also includes a complete army list for the forces of the Renegade and the Heretic, alongside extensive details on the dark heraldry and blasphemous iconography used by the traitorous Chaos Space Marines.

Presented in a unique slip case and including a exclusive double-sided A1 poster, this special edition is limited to 2,000 copies worldwide and is available to buy for the first time at Warhammer Fest.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Can someone give me a bit of a primer on what's good and not so good with Orks now? Are bikes good? I have 9 bikes as it turns out (when did I get THOSE...). Been out of the game for a bit (so mad I missed the whole Black Reach box! Those deffkoptas!!) and I've been building what I had that was unbuilt and gonna give 40k a go again. If I end up liking it I figure I'll pick up a few of these and loot 'em proper, because I guess flyers are a thing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I'm kinda surprised they're doing IA13 instead of Vraks Compendium Volume 2.

50 British fun bucks isn't a bad price for a special edition, either.

• Locked thread