Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

answer is clearly Patrick Chapin, he was in jail for some time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

bhsman posted:

I love that Travis Woo is just becoming a go-to name for any criticism of another player, even if it doesn't fit.

"Oh wow that guy murdered his entire playtesting group for their fetchlands? Just like Travis Woo!"

Only applicable if he dunked on him afterwards.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Elyv posted:

Yeah but it'd be surprising if he killed someone again

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Attorney at Funk posted:

This leads me to wonder: which MTG player would be the least surprising murderer? My money's on Conley Woods.

Take another look at Sheldon Menery and tell me you're sure he doesn't have a sex-murder dungeon in his basement. I bet he slyly refers to it as "the command zone".

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Elyv posted:

What did he do? I think it was something drug-related, but I don't remember exactly. I'm surprised no one's answered Bertoncini yet, he has no respect for the laws of man or wizard.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Which magic player dropped out of school and lost employment due to wanting a magic pro? I vote that guy.

LordSaturn posted:

Take another look at Sheldon Menery and tell me you're sure he doesn't have a sex-murder dungeon in his basement. I bet he slyly refers to it as "the command zone".
I don't know the emote name and I'm using the app so pretend i used the drat son emote.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I could see Kibler fitting the bill a la American Psycho.

Chill la Chill posted:

I would be surprised if it wasn't him. I can imagine him saying the brains make you smarter and healthier as he tears into LSV's head.

And of course LSV would say something like "Well this'll give me a headache" as his eyes roll up in his head and blood shoots out of his nose.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 1, 2014

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

bhsman posted:

I could see Kibler fitting the bill a la American Psycho.

Kibler is the red herring. Shiro is the real killer.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

LordSaturn posted:

Why can't they take a normal, front-facing picture for those article/bio pics. Angle shots like those make everyone look worse and make this guy look like some kind of TV serial killer.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
I got no fewer than 2 vocabulary-related questions correct on my GRE exam specifically due to magic card names, so

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Elyv posted:

He was a drug dealer. Beyond that really don't know.

Oh and the most likely murderer would have to be whoever is playing against Alex Bertoncini at the time.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Patrick "The Butcher" Chapin had his business partner iced while he was in prison. The perfect crime.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Patrick "The Butcher" Chapin had his business partner iced while he was in prison. The perfect crime.

"Nothing personal, it's just value"
-Patrick "The Butcher" Chapin

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Chill la Chill posted:

Which magic player dropped out of school and lost employment due to wanting a magic pro? I vote that guy.

This could be almost any of them, but I think Brad Nelson had a pretty screwed up life while he was grinding for POTY.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

(PS: I'm pretty sure some guy he was working with really did die while Chapin was locked up. There's just nothing at all that indicates he had any part in it or that it was even foul play. But it's fun to pretend.)

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

En Fuego posted:

Kibler is the red herring. Shiro is the real killer.

One of these days, he's going to be streaming, Huey Lewis and the News will come on, and he will murder a man live on stream.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

(PS: I'm pretty sure some guy he was working with really did die while Chapin was locked up. There's just nothing at all that indicates he had any part in it or that it was even foul play. But it's fun to pretend.)

It gets us great jokes like "wow, Chapin is killing this PT like it was about to testify against him"

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is happening.

This topic isn't even on the bingo card.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So speaking of Chapin, when's he coming back to SCG stream commentary?

He's just intoxicating when he does that, it's always killing me.

apistat
Nov 4, 2004

Meet you on the roof?

BJPaskoff posted:

Bingo card rotation just happened, we're going to have to wait a few weeks to see how this meta shakes up

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Well what player is the most likely to BE murdered?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The slow play guy. Or maybe the guy in the pro tour in 2011 that pile shuffled his own deck and his opponents deck 6 times.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Sickening posted:

The slow play guy.

On Stream? Alex Bertoncini

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

BJPaskoff posted:

Hey kids.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Madmarker posted:

On Stream? Alex Bertoncini

Stephen Mann

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Wescoe has the simultaneously traumatized and dead eyes of a murderer, in my opinion.

Serperoth posted:

He's great late sunday night, when he's exhausted and bored.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
OK I kinda want this GP Shanghai playmat now.

Angel riding a Panda Bear. To battle, noble steed! :v:

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Serperoth posted:

He and Sullivan make an incredible double act. He's not in the booth again until the Invitational in December, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cernunnos posted:

OK I kinda want this GP Shanghai playmat now.

Angel riding a Panda Bear. To battle, noble steed! :v:

I have a friend living in China who is picking one up for me. Very happy about that.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Lands in front upside down permanents guy (Stephen Mann?)

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

RME posted:

Don't know if he does it as well, but Adrian Sullivan aka mtg grandpa is the most famous offender.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Bought my first booster box since Modern Masters. Yes, I'm opening it....but to practice for Orlando! Running sealed against my girlfriend. Plus I won a buttload of store credit recently.

I didn't get to even do a prerelease so I figured it might be a good idea to actually play with some Khans cards before the event rather than just reading the set-list and theorizing about it. I've been looking at sealed pool generators online, but it's not quite the same as actually turning things sideways and seeing how it turns out.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

RME posted:

This is probably the correct answer

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

This is probably the correct answer

Well I'm dying soon, lands in front, creatures in back, all permanents upside down, tap to the left.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Uuuh sorry tapping to the left is actually fine and also correct :colbert:

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

stinkles1112 posted:

Uuuh sorry tapping to the left is actually fine and also correct :colbert:

Sure, but only if you think you're supposed to rotate the card 270 degrees instead of 90.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Does anyone have that cool proxy-making website that assigns a number to a card name (with cost) depending on the deck you are using? Thanks in advance.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I hate when people "tap" poo poo and in reality they just kind of poke the card and it barely moves. That guy gets murdered after lands-in-front guy.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Bought my first booster box since Modern Masters. Yes, I'm opening it....but to practice for Orlando! Running sealed against my girlfriend. Plus I won a buttload of store credit recently.

I didn't get to even do a prerelease so I figured it might be a good idea to actually play with some Khans cards before the event rather than just reading the set-list and theorizing about it. I've been looking at sealed pool generators online, but it's not quite the same as actually turning things sideways and seeing how it turns out.
Sealed pool generators don't replicate the semi-randomness of magic packs since they don't have print runs. Practicing the art of organizing and forming a deck from a pool in person is also worthwhile practice in of itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I have no idea whether I tap left or right v:shobon:v

• Locked thread