Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Then I'm glad they killed him just out of spite because gently caress Telltale and gently caress their writers for making such a hamfisted "SEE KENNY IS THE HERO" ending.

I'm sorry you murdered humanity's savior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaWzLZbleo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm sorry you murdered humanity's savior.

Yea and yet I still hate this ending less than Last of Us.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea and yet I still hate this ending less than Last of Us.

Oof, LoU's writing got really really bad near the end.

This is good.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Dias posted:

Let me offer you a counter-point: Kenny's plan was bound to fail.

They turn him and Clem down because the place's too full. That's two people (well, three, there's the baby). The original group was six people plus the baby. Even if they cut a deal to get Clem and AJ in, that still leaves five people stranded up north in the middle of winter with little resources. In the short term, the Howe's was the better decision - there's a greenhouse there, some food and it's fortifiable. The only reason why it works out for Clem is because the group fell apart due to Kenny being volatile and angry towards everyone and everything not named "baby" or "Clementine".

Let's say Kenny manages to lead the entire group to Wellington and they all get rejected. What makes anyone think that Kenny wouldn't try to raid the place and either destroy one of the last bastions of civilization or get everyone but Clem killed in the process?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Scorched Spitz posted:

Let's say Kenny manages to lead the entire group to Wellington and they all get rejected. What makes anyone think that Kenny wouldn't try to raid the place and either destroy one of the last bastions of civilization or get everyone but Clem killed in the process?

Yeah, what's to say Kenny doesn't just murder the baby out of spite and use it's body to summon Satan to raise and undead army!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yeah, what's to say Kenny doesn't just murder the baby out of spite and use it's body to summon Satan to raise and undead army!

That's probably how this whole "zombie apocalypse" thing started, really.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Dias posted:

That's probably how this whole "zombie apocalypse" thing started, really.

Where WAS Kenny when this all kicked off?? Injecting babies with infectious diseases he created in his boat??? yes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nah, it'll be Arvo that shoots the gatekeeper and start poo poo.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Wasn't raising an undead army his idea when they escaped from Carver?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dsriggs posted:

Where WAS Kenny when this all kicked off?? Injecting babies with infectious diseases he created in his boat??? yes

TWD is the unofficial sequel to Cold Fear.

Tae posted:

Nah, it'll be Arvo that shoots the gatekeeper and start poo poo.

Kenny gets mad, beats up Arvo for no reason, Arvo shoots the gatekeeper. There, glad we could find common ground.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Kenny rips off his wig and fake goatee to reveal HE was in fact the literal Hitler.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So the play through for WDS2 is done, while I thought the anti-Kenny trolling was funny for a while, as someone who did not play the first season I have to say it the constant I HATE KENNY thing got kinda grating and felt really petty and spiteful by the end of it, I support doing this trolling and its funny how people are crying tears over matt and pats choices, but I really hope they don't troll a game like this again for a while, it got really grating even as someone who doesn't care who Kenny is. I liked the wolf among us play through more because it felt they were legit trying to solve the game and based their jokes off of observing the game unfold.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

So the play through for WDS2 is done, while I thought the anti-Kenny trolling was funny for a while, as someone who did not play the first season I have to say it the constant I HATE KENNY thing got kinda grating and felt really petty and spiteful by the end of it, I support doing this trolling and its funny how people are crying tears over matt and pats choices, but I really hope they don't troll a game like this spoon, it got really grating even as someone who doesn't care who Kenny is.

As I said before, I don't think it was so much a conscious decision as it was a reflex of the game pigeonholing you into making a Kenny-related decision every other choice because you need to care about Kenny, coupled with the story being on tracks for the longest time and every new character being either badly written, one-dimensional or both. And honestly, Kenny was probably the most interesting character this season, they just tried real hard for a "redemption story" that wasn't really earned by the character.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They do try really hard to make you care about Kenny and the guys just weren't having any of it I guess. If you thought Kenny was a shitbird during Season 1 you're probably gonna think he's one during Season 2 as well.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
the entire loving game was about kenny so if you hated his stupid rear end in season 1 you're not going to be thrilled when he is involved in EVERY SINGLE DECISION. especially since his entire story arc is a copy paste of season 1's so he's not even exploring interesting new ground or redeeming himself in any way AND the game is literally forcing you (or clem really) to act as if you're really close and attached to him. even when you instantly shoot kenny, insult him in every possible dialogue and contradict all his choices clem is still all "oh jane why did you make me shoot my friend and surrogate dad darn your eyes". it's just badly written rear end which makes people getting vitriolic over it twice as laughable

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

CJacobs posted:

They do try really hard to make you care about Kenny and the guys just weren't having any of it I guess. If you thought Kenny was a shitbird during Season 1 you're probably gonna think he's one during Season 2 as well.

Nah, I sided with Kenny throughout the entirety of the first season with the exception of dropping Ben in the bell tower. This game did all it could to kill every bit of goodwill I had towards him, starting with his survival in the first place.

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 30, 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Kenny was cool and better than literally every other idiot in your groups in both games. Well, I guess Doug, Carly, Omid, Christa, and the hobo were cool, but everyone else was useless.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ben was cool.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
With the Walking Dead shitstorm past us, it's now time for the real Shitstorm!

One positive thing I have to say about this whole mess is that one of the related links had a 40 year old lady LPing the game, the prequel, and the Wolf Among Us and I am thoroughly enjoying that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

With the Walking Dead shitstorm past us, it's now time for the real Shitstorm!

One positive thing I have to say about this whole mess is that one of the related links had a 40 year old lady LPing the game, the prequel, and the Wolf Among Us and I am thoroughly enjoying that.

Does she also hate Kenny?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I loved how they literally couldn't kill Kenny fast enough, the instant that prompt came up BANG he's dead, oh wait he gets to say how sorry he was and it's all my fault and I know that but 3 seconds ago he was a raving loving madman. The writing in this one is just so loving bad, like they literally couldn't conceive of a world in which Clementine does not loving LOVE Kenny for some mysterious reason when she was never that close to him in the first place. He was dangerously unbalanced in Season 1, in Season 2 he's an outright lunatic who can't control his emotions and snaps at the slightest provocation, how is Clementine not terrified of him and sighing in relief when he dies?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Indecisive posted:

I loved how they literally couldn't kill Kenny fast enough, the instant that prompt came up BANG he's dead, oh wait he gets to say how sorry he was and it's all my fault and I know that but 3 seconds ago he was a raving loving madman. The writing in this one is just so loving bad, like they literally couldn't conceive of a world in which Clementine does not loving LOVE Kenny for some mysterious reason when she was never that close to him in the first place. He was dangerously unbalanced in Season 1, in Season 2 he's an outright lunatic who can't control his emotions and snaps at the slightest provocation, how is Clementine not terrified of him and sighing in relief when he dies?

He wasn't even around for over a year, so it's not like it's Stockholm Syndrome is an excuse.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhonne posted:

The crew should do a "Dramatic reading of YouTube comments" video.

This is a great idea in theory until you realize shitlords will just make weak attempts at bad posts to try and make it into potential future dramatic reading videos, somehow making the comments even worse.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Dias posted:

And honestly, Kenny was probably the most interesting character this season, they just tried real hard for a "redemption story" that wasn't really earned by the character.

I'm not sure they even tried to make a redemption arc with him. Though he was kind of a dumbass in season 1, he was nowhere near as unstable and violent as he is in season 2. I figured that's just what happens to a human being when everyone and everything you live for dies in front of you repeatedly. It's hard for me to criticize his season 2 self considering I have no idea how a person would actually feel in his situation.

It's like Lee says in the dream sequence. Paraphrasing, but:

"People don't always make sense. [How come?] 'Cause bad things happen to everyone, and it's hard to keep being yourself when they do."

Kenny is a violent and broken person in season 2, but I just see that as the consequence of having a ton of bad poo poo happen to him. Even if you argue like "oh x has had it worse than Kenny" it still doesn't mean anything since some people just can't take emotional hits as well as others. Kenny has obviously gotten progressively worse from his season 1 dumbassery to his season 2 aggressiveness.

Regardless, it seems like Kenny does stupid things impulsively and based on his temporary emotions, then regrets and apologizes for them later. I also don't really remember Kenny ever having selfish intentions. Jane isn't impulsive and she makes good, logical decisions, but she also plans stuff like "Let's provoke Kenny to attack me to show that he's violent!" and goes far enough to risk a baby's life for it. To me, Jane is much more sinister a character than Kenny simply due to her underlying motives, and not her overall gently caress-up track record, which seems to be more important to Pat and Matt, as well as to most people who played the game, I guess.

To me, the final decision in season 2 is about whether you think Jane is right and that Kenny should be put down because of his condition, which is implied in his dying dialogue, or whether you trust or feel loyal to Kenny and/or feel Jane's motivations are selfish. Even Kenny's ending doesn't really paint him as like as a completely redeemed character. He helps Clem and AJ to get into Wellington, but his dialogue makes it seem like he's still a complete emotional mess what with going on a tangent about giving his hat to AJ when he's older. Plus, his decision to get Clem and AJ in and then leave was an impulsive, reckless decision like most his decisions, though this time it turned out well for everyone who wasn't Kenny, so it made Kenny look like an actual cool guy for once.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 1, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe Canadians just love psycho women considering Woolie was hot for Bloody Mary despite she literally tries to kill them at every single opportunity with no remorse.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
When I played TWD S1 I was the nicest guy possible and tried to keep everyone together as well as I could, and while Kenny was rough around the edges and went through some poo poo, I tried to help him as much as possible.

The only S2 content I've seen is this LP, and I loving hate Kenny with the rage of a thousand suns now. gently caress Kenny.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Tae posted:

Maybe Canadians just love psycho women considering Woolie was hot for Bloody Mary despite she literally tries to kill them at every single opportunity with no remorse.

Well, Bloody Mary was the best part of TWAU, so he is well-justified in being hot for her.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

Well, Bloody Mary was the best part of TWAU, so he is well-justified in being hot for her.

Counter-point: Bloody Mary was the lamest most straight forward attempt to make a 'tough scary criminal' and most of her dialogue was hilarious for how by the numbers it all was.

And telling Bufkin to gently caress off was the best part of TWAU. And The mermaid lady. And that scumbag Georgie.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 1, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tae posted:

Woolie just like girls with short hair.

That's not a joke, it's probably the only reason. Woolie's love for the pixie cut overrides any ill feelings he could have against [character with short hair].

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

Woolie just like girls with short hair.

That's not a joke, it's probably the only reason. Woolie's love for the pixie cut overrides any ill feelings he could have against [character with short hair].

Short hair is exotic to Canadians as every one of us must keep our hair long to warm our faces during the winter.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Woolie continues to have Best Taste, Promethea rules

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I never knew you could fry your computer by not having the RAM sticks all the way in. I figured it just wouldn't boot. As much as I want to mock Pat, I just can't because that whole situation must suck.

I'm stoked for some of the upcoming games that fans have been bugging them to play. Also, RUSTLEMANIA 2, FUCKERS! :woop:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
gently caress you pat, the golf swing is godlike :C

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

The things about the 90's arcade racer on the podcast confuse me, they say stuff about Nicalis in the podcast and about how the game is finished, but the link on the site goes to the Kickstarter page where they say that the game is being delayed because they're redoing the AI and tweaking the controls so it feels good to play, which sounds like what they've been talking about whenever they mention polishing a game before release?

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

straight jerkers posted:

These guys should probably play one of the actual Dynasty Warriors games made in the recent past instead of basing all of their opinions on them off of like the ps2 games and the Fist of the North Star ones that not even DW fans like. Like when Liam is listing off things that differentiate Hyrule Warriors, none of his complaints apply to DW7 or 8 at all.

DW7 was definitely the highlight of the series, and one of the only ones I kept really grinding out after finishing everyone's story and Conquer mode. I also remember DW5 being a big game-changer because it was the first in the series where you could pivot and turn while attacking. In 4 you had to stop your attack to face another direction.

I also have a weak spot for the North Star game. I know it's slow and grindy, I know all the problems with it. I still put around 70 hours into that game and was genuinely going to try and 100% it before my 360 blew up. :negative: I like it in spite of its faults and haven't gotten around to the sequel yet, which I hear is even worse and that really ruined my day when the reviews came in. I still want to try it.

Then again, I thought Revengeance was a terrible game, so.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post

FatSamurai posted:

Still cannot forgive you for this.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

FatSamurai posted:

Literal human trash.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

FatSamurai posted:

You disgust me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

FatSamurai posted:

While I still think you're shitler incarnate, could you describe why you think it's terrible? :v: