Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mu Zeta posted:

Jack's dad comes back over and over throughout the whole show. It's not a big spoiler.

Well the spoiler would be that Jack's dad doesn't, in fact, come back all the time. He shows up in a few flashbacks, but mostly it's the smoke monster. Big Smoke was a douche like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Boogaleeboo posted:

Big Smoke was a douche like that.

ALL WE HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE drat TRAIN, CJ!

edit: Lost is a fine show as long as you adjust your expectations from "genre show" to "soap opera".

precision fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 1, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

toanoradian posted:

Steve Harvey has the best reaction face to ridiculous answers.
Nothing will ever live up to answer #2 on the right side.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

GraPar posted:

You're The Worst just got a Season 2 :yotj:

Even if it's on FXX, it's still good to know it's coming back. And at least now it's not paired with that awful lead in show Married and can find the audience similar to it in Always Sunny.

Great news.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
No revenge thread this season? Im looking forward to see the cray cray that is Victorias revengeance

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Harlock posted:

It seems funny and weird without any context, but assuming that by the other answer being "Johnson & Johnson" that the question was related to baby products:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Harlock posted:

Alright now I want to see more out of context Family Feud boards. I have no idea what question produced the scoring answers "Dance" and "9 Iron".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The first question was "What is six minus three?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Get married" and "die"? :stare:

Someone make a thread where we guess the question based on board screenshots.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

precision posted:

"Get married" and "die"? :stare:

Someone make a thread where we guess the question based on board screenshots.

Yeah I have no idea what that is.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 1, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah I have no idea what that is.

"biggest events in a person's life" probably

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Death, by its very definition, is not a life event.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Other peoples deaths, such as parents.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's family feud he could say salt shaker and it would go up there.

YOU KNOW LIKE BUTT PASTE????

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Toxxupation posted:

Then explain 9 iron.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

^^^^^ Things to be hit in the head with more pleasant than LOST discussion on the internet.

Toxxupation posted:

Most likely "things everyone does" or some such. Death isn't much of an event.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

bobkatt013 posted:

Then explain 9 iron.

"types of clubs"

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Is that the show where the host says "show me ______"?
I don't care either way because someone saying "show me BUTT PASTE" is inherently funny.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

SymfonyMan posted:

Well you didn't say he returned in the finale until just now! :colbert: (note I don't actually care just pointing that out)

E: Since we are on LOST. I dropped out the season after the one where the main characters were in cages and not doing anything. Is it worth returning to finish even if I know Jack's dead dad returns (and all the actual real spoilers like the purgatory thing)?

I got really bored that season and it might have been due to the writer's strike that went on at the time stretching the season break out, but I just never came back to the show. I felt like it was moving at a snail's pace. Does the show go pass crawling speed again like it was in season 1?

Sorry about that. When I spoke about Jack's dad and enjoying the resolution, I figured people could make the connection that he appears in the finale, which is why I spoilered my original comment. But then again we're talking to people who didn't understand the ending of Lost despite them literally telling you what was happening. There are some major idiots on this thread.

It's not purgatory, that is the dumbest idea that has ever been passed around, and the fact that it's still being tossed around makes me wonder if the people criticizing it actually bothered to watch the finale. You have to have an IQ of 70 or less to not comprehend the ending, the characters literally say what's happening. It's so blatant, that the biggest mystery of Lost is why their audience is full of fucktards.

The plot picks up very soon after where you left off, it goes fast and it hits hard. Once you get through that hurdle, the rest of the show is absolutely brilliant. I recommend you finish it, it really is a great journey. The ending is the one of the best I've ever seen, and it resolves most everything I wanted to know.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

toanoradian posted:

Steve Harvey has the best reaction face to ridiculous answers.

I'm not a big fan of Steve Harvey as a comedian or as a person but the guy who decided that having a show whose a appeal is mostly based on innuendo and double-entendres be hosted by an incredulous evangelical Christian is a mad genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnNtlQm3z4E

:catstare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

Most likely "things everyone does" or some such. Death isn't much of an event.

I'm betting on "something you expect to eventually happen to you".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of weird that Anthony Anderson lost all that weight but his face still looks kind of fat. I guess he'll always just have a big round head.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Oops?

http://mashable.com/2014/09/30/jeopardy-what-women-want-sexism/

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Haha, the outrage included in that article is hysterical.

WHAT ABOUT ABORTIONS?? :lol:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I'm not a big fan of Steve Harvey as a comedian or as a person but the guy who decided that having a show whose a appeal is mostly based on innuendo and double-entendres be hosted by an incredulous evangelical Christian is a mad genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnNtlQm3z4E

:catstare:

Is he that evangelical? There's a video on Youtube where he's doing standup about one of his experiences with a Family Feud contestant and he's pretty vicious.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Ravane posted:

Sorry about that. When I spoke about Jack's dad and enjoying the resolution, I figured people could make the connection that he appears in the finale, which is why I spoilered my original comment. But then again we're talking to people who didn't understand the ending of Lost despite them literally telling you what was happening. There are some major idiots on this thread.

If you spoiled the coment to preserve the presence of Jack's dad then you were specifically not talking to people who had seen and misunderstood the ending.

Unless they are stuck in some weird Lost finale purgatory, much like the characters themselves were.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kinda shocked one wasn't just a picture of a giant vat of chocolate with someone dumping Midol into it. GG Jeopardy.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Didn't see this posted yet: Bill Burr is going to star in a sitcom pilot called Pariah about a radio DJ who implodes on air, gets exiled, and then has to carry on life as a talentless goober. Directed by Rob McElhenney, written by Sunny's Chernin brothers, I'm already sold.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/bill-burr-fx-comedy-pilot-rob-mcelhenney-844215/

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Anthony Cumia: The Series? Sold.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

Didn't see this posted yet: Bill Burr is going to star in a sitcom pilot called Pariah about a radio DJ who implodes on air, gets exiled, and then has to carry on life as a talentless goober. Directed by Rob McElhenney, written by Sunny's Chernin brothers, I'm already sold.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/bill-burr-fx-comedy-pilot-rob-mcelhenney-844215/

Bill Burr is hilarious so I'm in

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Toxxupation posted:

"types of clubs"

:doh:

That's genius.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

PriorMarcus posted:

If you spoiled the coment to preserve the presence of Jack's dad then you were specifically not talking to people who had seen and misunderstood the ending.

Unless they are stuck in some weird Lost finale purgatory, much like the characters themselves were.

You are an idiot.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

PittTheElder posted:

:doh:

That's genius.

Though surely "putter" would be worth more points than "9 iron".

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm not a golfer, but isn't the 9 Iron the club you start the round with (i.e. the one capable of the longest shot)? It sounds like a pretty good answer if was actually a golf question (which it doesn't seem to be).

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm not a golfer, but isn't the 9 Iron the club you start the round with (i.e. the one capable of the longest shot)? It sounds like a pretty good answer if was actually a golf question (which it doesn't seem to be).

You generally start with drivers (woods) and only pull out the irons once you need to make shorter and more precise shots. Its likely they just accepted 9 Iron to mean "golf club" for the purposes of the game.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

9 iron is one of your shortest clubs.

Driver is the one capable of the longest shot.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Watching the pilot for Manhattan Love Story, the leads seem to have good chemistry but the premise is a bit cheesy. According to Firewall & Iceberg, they back off the internal dialogue, so that's good.

One that I noticed is that Annaleigh Tipton bites her lip constantly, even when it's not a scene where she's trying to be sexy. What's up with that?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Selfie may be one of the worst pilots I've ever seen. It got mildly better at the end, so I'm going to hope they just had to show how terrible she was so we can see her grow, and I'll try next week as well. But it's basically starting from a negative 4 stars from me. That scene where the Zoey Deschanel neighbors make her over while singing Lady Gaga to the tune of a ukulele was like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Holy poo poo that was bad. If this didn't have Karen Gillan and John Cho, I would have already bailed. I'm just hoping against hope they get better material. Lots of good shows have bad pilots.

...right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes.

However only like one good show has ever had John Cho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aphrodite posted:

However only like one good show has ever had John Cho.

I'll bite...

(Including guest appearances)

Sleepy Hollow (I don't watch it but people seem to enjoy it)
American Dad
Go On
NTSF:SD:SUV::
30 Rock
Childrens Hospital
How I Met Your Mother (in 2007, so it counts)
Kitchen Confidential
House (again not for me, but popular)
Daddio (only ever watched one episode and it had Mackie from The Shield playing drums in his backyard to annoy his neighbour in an awful looking multi camera sitcom. it counts.)

There's more, but I have no idea if in 2014 'Charmed' is considered a 'good show' or not.

Not actually too bad a list! I'm guessing you meant Go On though? Go On was fun, it died too early by far.

• Locked thread