Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Head CTs are expensive even with insurance.

Better to just go off quietly into the night :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

we should all kill ourselves

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Welp, X-Ray appointment on Wed. loving nose started bleeding during the phone call. gently caress this, I'm getting hammered. The nurse I talked to asked if I'd had any head injuries during my service, and when I told her yeah, she told me it was probably just the fact that I fractured my skull 25 loving years ago just 'acting up' like it's come back to loving haunt me like the ghost of the shittiest time ever.

gently caress it, maybe I'll just go to the loving ER, except TRICARE will probably want me to pay for the whole loving thing since 'you have an appointment, what was your rush?'

Dicks. Dicks until the end of time.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm scheduled for a cat scan every 6 months and an MRI every 12 until the day I die.

gently caress you, Gordon military. Lie Pay, like I lied paid.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I don't know your exact situation but ERs are usually covered regardless. Preferably an MTF or VA ER if you can just to make the paperwork easier but you should still be covered. It's the urgent care clinics and such that get wonky.

Either way man if the pain is absolutely unbearable and you don't have any history of migraines and poo poo and this is all completely sudden that's no good but there are other treatment options for the pain. But like I said an ER would probably do a CT

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

50 Foot Ant posted:

Welp, X-Ray appointment on Wed. loving nose started bleeding during the phone call. gently caress this, I'm getting hammered.

Sorry bout your tumor bro :(

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

beanieson posted:

Sorry bout your tumor bro :(

yea same

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What is it with gippers and dying of sudden head trauma.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Christoff posted:

I don't know your exact situation but ERs are usually covered regardless. Preferably an MTF or VA ER if you can just to make the paperwork easier but you should still be covered. It's the urgent care clinics and such that get wonky.

Either way man if the pain is absolutely unbearable and you don't have any history of migraines and poo poo and this is all completely sudden that's no good but there are other treatment options for the pain. But like I said an ER would probably do a CT

It should be based on Medical Necessity. If you have unbearable pain in your head that's not relieved with over the counter meds and a past history "your past head injury" it should be covered. A majority of hospitals will also try and make your case sound even worse than it is because they know that when insurance denies them they're going to most likely lose some money especially if it's a tricare/medicare/medicare replacement. I wont give you the "i'm 100% positive" that it's covered, but the one's that don't get covered are the "I think I have cancer because my friend has cancer and he touched me give me a complete body MRI."

Headaches that don't go away after a while can be something else entirely too. If it's located in the front portion of your head or even just "generalized" you might try an anti-histamine or a nasal decongestant as you might have a blocked sinus.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 30, 2014

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

we are all waterheads

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Bullets tend to be quicker than jerking off with a belt around your neck

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

A guy I stood watch with for 4 months straight complained of headaches that our boats fucktard hmc claimed was due to caffeine withdrawal despite his continual consumption of caffeine. One night after we got back to port he woke up with half his body paralyzed and had to have his wife drive him to medical. Turns out he had stage 4 brain cancer. He passed away about a year ago now.

That man was Thomas Edison.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Christoff posted:

once upon two years or so ago I went to the VA ER for continuous, intense headaches. After a few hours in the ER waiting room, they put me in a small exam room and left me there for a while. when I went out to bitch about not being seen or given anything, they put me back in the exam room and turned the light off. at least six hours from time in ER to time out, no x-rays, mri, or cat scan, just a bottle of percocets.

gently caress you, Memphis VA.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

50 Foot Ant posted:

Welp, X-Ray appointment on Wed. loving nose started bleeding during the phone call. gently caress this, I'm getting hammered. The nurse I talked to asked if I'd had any head injuries during my service, and when I told her yeah, she told me it was probably just the fact that I fractured my skull 25 loving years ago just 'acting up' like it's come back to loving haunt me like the ghost of the shittiest time ever.

gently caress it, maybe I'll just go to the loving ER, except TRICARE will probably want me to pay for the whole loving thing since 'you have an appointment, what was your rush?'

Dicks. Dicks until the end of time.

Call in sick to work and say your skull is acting up again.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

new family guy episode was a simpsons crossover with a lot of "yeah we know both these shows should have been cancelled already but they aren't. heh. :smug:"

god i hope more of the VAs die this year so they end it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The simpsons couch gag was loving incredible though

Never expected to see Don Hertzfeldt on broadcast television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78gYyTrG7Y

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

new family guy episode was a simpsons crossover with a lot of "yeah we know both these shows should have been cancelled already but they aren't. heh. :smug:"

god i hope more of the VAs die this year so they end it

The most TVIV of posts.

I really liked The Simpsons but then I had to miss a bunch of episodes because den meetings were scheduled at the same time. Never really got back into it.

That was 22 years ago.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I wish Doogie Howser M.D. got a 20+ year run instead of The Simpsons.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

The simpsons couch gag was loving incredible though

Never expected to see Don Hertzfeldt on broadcast television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78gYyTrG7Y

Best couch gag in 15 years. Shame about all the angry, confused e-mails they'll get over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeBxmoJ73UI

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W-VGUOiVDc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IUX0Qy-IDM

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IUX0Qy-IDM

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Listening to a speech about slender man in class right now.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cole posted:

Listening to a speech about slender man in class right now.

They make you guys watch your own speeches after you're done? Thats rough, dude

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
mondaytuesday morning quarterbacking and reviewing your performance and all.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hey, gippers. I'm running a stupid forums game (Awful Survivor. Think the tv show I guess). Its running gag is to take on the flavor/location of a subforum, and GiP is the lucky winner this time around. Last time it was ADTRW, and the guy who normally runs it is in the middle of moving and put me in charge, so I wanted to veer as far away from that anime poo poo as humanly possible.

It would be nice to get some of you into the mix. It could be a great opportunity to gently caress with random goons.

Anyway, signups are going to be open for the next couple of days, and the game should start sometime next week.

More information in the thread here.

Sign-up form

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:frogout:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I have no idea wtf that is. But to take on the flavor of GIP it basically needs to involve tits, mocking troons, drug abuse, and possibly suicide.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
dont forget nukes

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

So it's a game based drinking, tits vs rear end (and/or dick), and apocalyptic masturbatory fantasies?

Actually in writing that it doesn't sound too bad, I'd rather just rub one out and play a game though.

e; dammit

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000403992/article/larry-donnell-regrets-benching-larry-donnell-in-fantasy

NFL player loses fantasy football game because he benched himself

edit:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjFxc75zuUE

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:frogout:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey, gippers. I'm running a stupid forums game (Awful Survivor. Think the tv show I guess). Its running gag is to take on the flavor/location of a subforum, and GiP is the lucky winner this time around. Last time it was ADTRW, and the guy who normally runs it is in the middle of moving and put me in charge, so I wanted to veer as far away from that anime poo poo as humanly possible.

It would be nice to get some of you into the mix. It could be a great opportunity to gently caress with random goons.

Anyway, signups are going to be open for the next couple of days, and the game should start sometime next week.

More information in the thread here.

Sign-up form

i hope some nerd flips out on you over using gip and you get banned for promoting the fourth reich or whatever gently caress you

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

whatever gently caress you

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

I have no idea wtf that is. But to take on the flavor of GIP it basically needs to involve tits, mocking troons, drug abuse, and possibly suicide.

It will never take on the shim flavor.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Awful Survivor? Is this why my buddies DIED FACE DOWN IN THE MUCK?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z0Pm7tccvc

• Locked thread