Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"Attend the party of cuccos!"

Does that map square count?

I don't know, I haven't found that yet! I'm excited now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"Attend the party of cuccos!"

That sounds like it would involve Agitha.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It's a shame purple link doesn't have black hair.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Black Ghirahim might be a reference to The Imprisoned, maybe.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You can break out of a Gibdo/ReDead's petrify by using a special. Not terribly useful but it can help I guess.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Dastardly posted:

The dark Darunia is based on some concept artwork I think.

its based on this guy

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
This stupid loving game. I'm a thirty year old man with a 6 month old child, a house, and bills out my rear end in a top hat. I have old man responsibilities and, yet, I can't quit thinking about how much I want to go home and play this dumb game. I haven't felt like this since I was in middle school and my dumb old man responsibilities means that if I can even stay awake past 8:00, I might get an hour to play it.

This dumb game makes me miss my youth :smith:

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

larchesdanrew posted:

This stupid loving game. I'm a thirty year old man with a 6 month old child, a house, and bills out my rear end in a top hat. I have old man responsibilities and, yet, I can't quit thinking about how much I want to go home and play this dumb game. I haven't felt like this since I was in middle school and my dumb old man responsibilities means that if I can even stay awake past 8:00, I might get an hour to play it.

Look on the bright side: you get to play videogames with your kid starting in a few years.

Also, weekends.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Yuki Akuma posted:

Look on the bright side: you get to play videogames with your kid starting in a few years.

Also, weekends.

Weekends are for cleaning, home repair, and visiting with family :arghfist::saddowns:

On the bright side, I've requested a four day weekend next week and man, oh, man. I'm gonna do some serious moblin slayin'.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bicyclops posted:

Every time I get a new character or weapon I'm like "What the heck?! This sucks!" and then I play through like two full scenarios with them and they become my new favorite. I'm still in the first stage with Darunia.

Darunia's slow but hits like a brick shithouse. Get him at level and he'll completely plow through enemies.

E: that said, if he's below level it's really painful. There seems to be some sort of mechanic other than pure damage, because my attacks with any character seem to either be tiny or huge with nothing in between.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 1, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Also God drat I am having issues with Link's Lv.3 Ball-and-chain map. I can clear it fine but it's so easy to get caught up in those Poe swarms and take too much damage. The damage threshold also seems to be lower, I got a B with 6,800 damage taken which I KNOW has gotten me an A on other maps.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Ok I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It says I have to beat Ganondorf without letting his lightning recapture Hyrule Castle and without any of my allies fleeing while playing as Darunia to get the hard skulltula.
I've done all this twice now and it's still not appearing. They can't possibly mean that I have to guard all the unnamed soldiers that don't even appear on the gamepad. Even then I don't think I've seen any of them fall.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 1, 2014

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wow, this thread exploded kinda quickly. :stare:

In the process of adding all the people in the second post, NNID is Wit_Fits.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Bruceski posted:

Also God drat I am having issues with Link's Lv.3 Ball-and-chain map. I can clear it fine but it's so easy to get caught up in those Poe swarms and take too much damage. The damage threshold also seems to be lower, I got a B with 6,800 damage taken which I KNOW has gotten me an A on other maps.

The lightning punch combo seems really effective on those guys, and you can hit them from a little distance away which helps with avoiding damage. Get a weapon with Strength III and go to town.

Using the special when one or more of them have their weak point showing can help too.

Avoid the BBBYYY pillar-swinging combo like the plague, the animation roots you in place for far too long when there are poes throwing magic around

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

Avoid the BBBYYY pillar-swinging combo like the plague, the animation roots you in place for far too long when there are poes throwing magic around

Yeah, I had one great attempt ruined when I pulled out the piller just in time for dragon flame. Great idea Link, just stand in the firey doom while swinging a rock around.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm glad they gave her a bra but it would probably work better if she wasn't wearing it on her head.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, I had one great attempt ruined when I pulled out the piller just in time for dragon flame. Great idea Link, just stand in the firey doom while swinging a rock around.

The pillar has a bad habit off completely missing when it looks like it should hit to, in my experience. I think it might just be there to punish you for not lightning punching properly.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

I'm glad we're getting a Melia cameo from Xenoblade.

Prancer
Nov 17, 2011

Dastardly posted:

Ok I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It says I have to beat Ganondorf without letting his lightning recapture Hyrule Castle and without any of my allies fleeing while playing as Darunia to get the hard skulltula.
I've done all this twice now and it's still not appearing. They can't possibly mean that I have to guard all the unnamed soldiers that don't even appear on the gamepad. Even then I don't think I've seen any of them fall.

You have to beat Ganondorf before you recapture Hyrule Castle, while he still is powered up.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Prancer posted:

You have to beat Ganondorf before you recapture Hyrule Castle, while he still is powered up.

I suspected it was that but the text is really vague even in the guidebook. It really does make it sound like you need to beat it before HE recaptures it. Especially since the whole deal with his lightning attacks is that he's trying to recapture the keep.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Jsor posted:

I'm glad we're getting a Melia cameo from Xenoblade.

Will we have to unravel the mystery of why the Master Sword can't damage the Darknuts that have faces?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how am I supposed to hit this argorok dragon? He's kicking the poo poo out of me and I'm barely scratching it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Alteisen posted:

So how am I supposed to hit this argorok dragon? He's kicking the poo poo out of me and I'm barely scratching it.

Wait till he does a move that makes his tail glow blue and hit him with the hookshot.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Alteisen posted:

Hint: sometimes, this game is actually a Zelda game.

When it uses its flame breath or whirlwind, its tail will glow blue. Use the hookshot on it. As long as you're locked and in range you pretty much never miss the tail.

Maxis
May 7, 2002

I added most of the folks in the thread. Feel free to add me too:

NNID: Nickovsky

Zwippy
Feb 9, 2005
Feel free to add me as well. NNID: Zwippy

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Throw me on the list as well. Also, if anyone doesn't know, if you search for users in Miiverse and send your friend requests that way, it alerts the person and allows them to add you versus both of you having to enter each other's NNIDs.

NNID: scurvycapn

GI_Clutch fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 1, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jsor posted:

Hint: sometimes, this game is actually a Zelda game.

When it uses its flame breath or whirlwind, its tail will glow blue. Use the hookshot on it. As long as you're locked and in range you pretty much never miss the tail.

I had a feeling the hookshot had something to do with it.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

GI_Clutch posted:

Throw me on the list as well. Also, if anyone doesn't know, if you search for users in Miiverse and send your friend requests that way, it alerts the person and allows them to add you versus both of you having to enter each other's NNIDs.

NNID: scurvycapn

I'm pretty sure just sending normal friend requests will also alert the user.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Living this game. Just beat legend mode and have been doing a few missions in adventure mode and I think it's considerably more difficult (like defeating three imprisoned with fi is causing me some problems)

Anyway my nnid is CaptSupafly I'll add a bunch of people soon

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

larchesdanrew posted:

Seems like someone has failed to embrace his inner manchild.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Some people mentioned having trouble with the final boss Ganon, so as a tip, watch him closely. His weaknesses become apparent if you remember the tells on other bosses.

Also I love Darunia so much. Rolling around smashing guys is the best, and his victory animation is glorious. I kinda want to write a Darunia guide in the vein of CAPS LOCK LEORIC or The Motherfucking Cho'Gath now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ok Ruto is a bizarre character. I don't really understand how to play as her. What do you do use to fight stronger single enemies? All her attacks seem slow and focused on crowd clearing so I keep getting hit a huge amount while trying to fight Link and Sheik at the same time in an adventure mode stage.

And her strong wave attack always starts off facing the wrong direction??? So I can never get it off before they hit me.

E: Well apparently the mission was extremely generous because I lost half my health and still got an A rank. Ruto tips would still be appreciated however.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 2, 2014

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Jesus christ, gently caress any level with cuccoos. Why not just have them spawn in as a massive enemy horde and cut out the middleman, since it's impossible to avoid angering them to turn them against enemies?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Ok Ruto is a bizarre character. I don't really understand how to play as her. What do you do use to fight stronger single enemies? All her attacks seem slow and focused on crowd clearing so I keep getting hit a huge amount while trying to fight Link and Sheik at the same time in an adventure mode stage.

And her strong wave attack always starts off facing the wrong direction??? So I can never get it off before they hit me.

For single enemies I find that using BY to launch them gives enough time to set up a BBBY water globe to catch them in, assuming they don't block the launcher. Having weapon skills to boost the damage of those two moves helps. Water+ is nice too, because the longer they have that water on their heads the more often their attacks and blocks will be interrupted by the damage flinching. As for the wave attack, it's always in the direction you're facing at the time, so just tap the stick towards your target first. Locking onto an enemy does not make you automatically face them, it just locks the camera on them.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

E: Well apparently the mission was extremely generous because I lost half my health and still got an A rank. Ruto tips would still be appreciated however.

I haven't used Ruto yet in any normal adventure map, but I did manage to beat the map where you fight the Darknut + Lizardalfos, Dinalfos + Lana, and then Lizardalfos, Dinalfos, and Flying Dynalfos thingy with an A rank. Her wave attacks, which fill up after performing combos, do some pretty respectable damage to Officers & Bosses, so don't be shy about tossing waves out when you've got a bit of breathing room. I've found that hitting humanoid bosses with bombs to pop them into the air will actually let you full-combo into XXXXY (C5) if you catch them with the start of the combo on the way down, which does a ton of damage. Possibly even a C6, but I don't have it unlocked yet, so can't say. If you bomb them when their weak point is available, even better, because you can take out the entire meter in a single go. And whenever your attacks apply the water debuff, go in and try to launch them with bombs again while the DOT hinders their mobility and offense.

Looking forward to trying her in a full-fledged battle tonight, since she seems ridiculously good for wiping out mooks as well.

RocketDarkness fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 2, 2014

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Suaimhneas posted:

For single enemies I find that using BY to launch them gives enough time to set up a BBBY water globe to catch them in, assuming they don't block the launcher. Having weapon skills to boost the damage of those two moves helps. Water+ is nice too, because the longer they have that water on their heads the more often their attacks and blocks will be interrupted by the damage flinching. As for the wave attack, it's always in the direction you're facing at the time, so just tap the stick towards your target first. Locking onto an enemy does not make you automatically face them, it just locks the camera on them.

Tapping block recenters the camera behind you, so tapping before launching the attack will tell you where it's going.

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Unlike an actual Zelda game, locking on in this game doesn't make all your attacks aim at who you're locked onto. Attacks always aim the direction the character is facing.

You'll actually always face your locked enemy if you block, though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

everyone posted:

Face towards enemies you dunce!

Oh man I can't believe I didn't realize that. I understood that concept from things like Darunia's and Midna's special attacks but it didn't occur to me that's what was going on with Ruto.

That level where you have to defeat the 3 groups of enemies with Ruto is the next one I'm gonna try (just took a break to get Darunia's Level 2 hammer, aw yeah) so we'll see how those tips go.

E: Wait what the gently caress. It won't let me play that level now even though I attempted it earlier. It's giving me the "You haven't met the requirements" message. Is it glitching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Has anyone done Ghirahim's unlock mission yet? I can't seem to get to the Icy Poe commander after defeating Ghirahim, and they rush the base and kill Fi or capture it. Any hints for this?

• Locked thread