Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Samsquamsch posted:

My absolute favorite part about this particular combination of story and site is the fact that a mole from BFL negotiated the buyout of buttcoin.org, changed the devastatingly true BFL article on their POS mining rig to blatant lies, but now cannot do a loving thing to try and whitewash what has happened. Glorious.

I didn't understand a single thing of that sentence?

Then again I don't understand Bitcoins either, other than I should've gotten in on this totally-not-a-pyramid-scheme from the beginning, so I would've been unable to trade them for real money today anyway?

If I wanted to throw money I away I can just give it to some investors and they do it for me, this seems like too much effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Mr Havafap posted:

Then again I don't understand Bitcoins either, other than I should've gotten in on this totally-not-a-pyramid-scheme from the beginning, so I would've been unable to trade them for real money today anyway?

If I wanted to throw money I away I can just give it to some investors and they do it for me, this seems like too much effort.

Sometimes, investors will actually give some back to you :ssh:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mr Havafap posted:

Butterfly Labs (BFL) pre-sold bitcoin mining machines.

Buttcoin, a blog that highlights the idiocy of bitcoiners, included articles very critical of BFL and the "broken piece[s] of poo poo" they sold.

Someone bought buttcoin and changed all the anti-BFL articles to be pro-BFL. The buyer was later discovered to be Jeff Ownsby, PR for BFL.

Buttcoin may or may not have been among the BFL assets seized by the FTC. Either way, Jeff cannot stop killhamster from posting about the ongoing FTC case.

Hope that helps.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Mr Havafap posted:

Just read this

http://www.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/comments/2adssm/buttcoin_foundation_rocked_as_founder_exposed_to/

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Butterfly Labs (BFL) pre-sold bitcoin mining machines.

Buttcoin, a blog that highlights the idiocy of bitcoiners, included articles very critical of BFL and the "broken piece[s] of poo poo" they sold.

Someone bought buttcoin and changed all the anti-BFL articles to be pro-BFL. The buyer was later discovered to be Jeff Ownsby, PR for BFL.

Buttcoin may or may not have been among the BFL assets seized by the FTC. Either way, Jeff cannot stop killhamster from posting about the ongoing FTC case.

Hope that helps.

But... the article was posted to buttcoin.org, which BFL bought? Or did they buy some other kind of buttcoin? :psyduck:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hydrolith posted:

But... the article was posted to buttcoin.org, which BFL bought? Or did they buy some other kind of buttcoin? :psyduck:

They bought the site but one of the original writers still had access to post articles. He's continuing to post articles that chronicle Butterfly's woes on the website that they bought from him.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I think I'd rather get hit in the nuts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Louis Tully: Postbusters.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Hydrolith posted:

Bitcoiners are not very smart, you see...

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Hydrolith posted:

They bought ownership and editing of buttcoin.org. They didn't buy the comments, they didn't buy the social network stuff, they didn't buy the backup site buttcoinfoundation.org, etc.. The contract also left FCKGW (the original owner) as writing staff for 6 months (they breached this contract), and killhamster as staff indefinitely. Killhamster still posts articles there and Jeff Ownby is too busy with serious jailtime coming up to do editing and doing it might have been part of the evidence of the company committing fraud by using an alias to purchase the one review site of the product that was critical and make it positive. This has made it so that the owner of the site is unable to stop the chronicling of his own downfall because he was too cheap or too stupid to buy it all and hire the writers as employees instead of unpaid contributors with no editorial control between them and the internet.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Plus, the buttcoin guys are preparing to move to a new domain entirely under their control, and probably restore the original BFL articles.

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

If butterfly labs had an ounce of business saavy they likely could have bought the blog for a pittance. It had never made any money and the guy was going weeks between posts on it. These dumbasses gave him twenty thousands dollars for it.

TheHistoryChannel has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Oct 2, 2014

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should have paid him the equivalent of $20K in buttcoins

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009
So let me get this straight. They bought a website, including hiring the staff, and they employ those staff to write lovely things about them? And for contractual reasons they must continue to employ them? :psypop:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Hydrolith posted:

So let me get this straight. They bought a website, including hiring the staff, and they employ those staff to write lovely things about them? And for contractual reasons they must continue to employ them? :psypop:

Bought site, kept staff because :effort:, now too busy dealing with fallout from being scumbags to curate site. This has already been explained at least twice now. Pay more attention.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Spalec posted:

What does an MRApist have against male birth control or are they just complaining that there's no equivalent to the pill yet?
How else are they going to stop freeloading women spermjacking them then living the sweet lazy life on child support payments?

(If you use condoms you're just packaging the sperm and those bitches will use it themselves or sell it to their friends!)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Male birth control is on it's way and it's good. It's just a mechanical barrier for sperm in the form of a gel, that can be inserted and removed easily. This way you still produce cum (gently caress yeah) but it will be completeley free of sperm cells. Much better than messing with your hormones.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Male birth control is on it's way and it's good. It's just a mechanical barrier for sperm in the form of a gel, that can be inserted and removed easily. This way you still produce cum (gently caress yeah) but it will be completeley free of sperm cells. Much better than messing with your hormones.

Condoms are better because they actually prevent disease also.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Where does that Spermicidal gel go? How is it applied?

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
It's surgical. Which is to say, "easily" for the doctor.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

The real schadenfreude will be a year after the male birth control comes out, when thousands of women are pregnant despite their boyfriends 'totally being on the gel stuff.'

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Something that weirded me out about MRAs and them talking about male birth control is how happy a lot of them are to have girlfriends on hormonal birth control. But messing with MEN'S hormones?! That's dangerous!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Nitrox posted:

Where does that Spermicidal gel go? How is it applied?

It is not spermicidal. It is purely mechanical. It's basically a plug.

Eruonen posted:

If you are in a relationship it is better to have this instead of the pill, which messes with the hormones and which you can forget to take. Vasal gel is a thing you do once and then it should work for years without doing anything.

On the other hand stopping to take the pill is something you can do yourself, but removing the plug is something you need to go to the doctor for.

Aerofallosov posted:

Something that weirded me out about MRAs and them talking about male birth control is how happy a lot of them are to have girlfriends on hormonal birth control. But messing with MEN'S hormones?! That's dangerous!

Yeah, and that's why men should be responsible for birth control, if there is a way that has less or no side effects and that you don't have to take care of daily, but only once. But it is still in the testing phase. So some of the claims for vasal gel might not be true after all.

Lucy Heartfilia has a new favorite as of 13:10 on Oct 2, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But will this gel make the semen taste different? Like can you order it in different flavors? My girlfriend enjoys raspberry. Can they make my semen taste like Oceanspray Cran-raspberry?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Ugh, loving females, they get to take a pill and I have to have a doctor shove some goo up my wingwang

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

But will this gel make the semen taste different? Like can you order it in different flavors? My girlfriend enjoys raspberry. Can they make my semen taste like Oceanspray Cran-raspberry?

No, your cum is just like regular cum, but without the sperm cells.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

No, but you can change the flavor of your semen by changing your diet bro.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hmmm, thats not good enough. Scientists need to step up their loving game.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ultrabindu posted:

No, but you can change the flavor of your semen by changing your diet bro.

One time, I ate a whole bunch of turkey, and while it didn't change the flavor of my spooge, I was pretty happy, because I like turkey.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hmmm, thats not good enough. Scientists need to step up their loving game.

I think we've realised that this cancer thing isn;t going to be an easy fix, so why not spend some time on the other things in life?

Like adding a fizz to it.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

One time, I ate a whole bunch of turkey, and while it didn't change the flavor of my spooge, I was pretty happy, because I like turkey.

Turkey is pretty tasty.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Eruonen posted:

A great way to wrap up your gently caress.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

beato posted:

A great way to wrap up your gently caress.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

spog posted:

I think we've realised that this cancer thing isn;t going to be an easy fix, so why not spend some time on the other things in life?

Brilliant!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

spog posted:

Carbonated jizz?

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Canemacar posted:

Carbonated jizz?

Just install a paintball CO2 cartridge tank in your taint.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

:gizz:

How about some CHristmas schadenfreude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

• Locked thread