Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

a: holy poo poo that's an amazing Fartrage
b: now I'm annoyed I had to console a friend of mine over some real life bullshit rather than go to Rowson's book launch party on the 19th, the "Giles-meets-Gillray creche of children and puppets" is a loving perfect metaphor for the coalition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Why is Farage in some kind of gimp suit?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Zephro posted:

Why is Farage in some kind of gimp suit?

It's a balaclava, presumably trying to evoke imagery of the IRA.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Perhaps the Islamic State would be a more current reference.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mr. Squishy posted:

Perhaps the Islamic State would be a more current reference.

It could be both :jihad:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

David Cameron pledges tax cuts 'for 30m people'

Independent:

Times:

Express:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Ugh loving hell.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

marktheando posted:

Ugh loving hell.
Yeah, jesus making GBS threads christ that's pathetic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I like how all the others refer to actual policy mentions, whether they support it or not, whereas the Express is just 'Better Future!'

Paul Thomas is consistently terrible.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Er, yeah ... probably not the poem I would have used, considering the rest of it.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

I particularly wouldn't have framed the words in that way, where it appears to be saying that ISIS are "the best".

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Baka, please do me a favour and replace every bit of text in that Thomas cartoon with some variation of "Get hosed".

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

TheDarkFlame posted:

Baka, please do me a favour and replace every bit of text in that Thomas cartoon with some variation of "Get hosed".

All but one of them seem to be blowing raspberries anyway. The guy can't even write 'purr' without loving it up

Can't ignore a request after my own heart, though

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

baka kaba posted:

All but one of them seem to be blowing raspberries anyway. The guy can't even write 'purr' without loving it up

Can't ignore a request after my own heart, though

Dramatically better, unironically. Changes it from an utterly milquetoast "hooray, a speech!" to a rather biting one about Cameron's UKIP woes; I actually like it a lot. His base is unhappy, some of them even to the point of open rebellion, but all he can hear is praise. Literally A Good Cartoon.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

He looks proper out of it. I mean even for a thomas cartoon.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'd have had them all chanting "BLOOD AND SKULLS!" or something. Man, I really picked the wrong decade to quit drinking. :smith:

Geokinesis posted:

He looks proper out of it. I mean even for a thomas cartoon.
I want to say it's peak Thomas because it's so loving terrible as a whole, I didn't even get annoyed by Ginger Cameron for once.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

marktheando posted:

Ugh loving hell.

What's wrong with this? I think some types of Lizard can purr.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Fans posted:

What's wrong with this? I think some types of Lizard can purr.
Can anything purr as an exclamation? Other than motorcycles, I mean? I can't even imagine how this is meant to sound.

Alternatively:

Cameron is securing a better future for Fat Cats, AGC.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Jedit posted:

I particularly wouldn't have framed the words in that way, where it appears to be saying that ISIS are "the best".
I'd say that ISIS (and UKIP) exhibit a pretty high level of "passionate intensity" - it's pretty clear that he's painting them as'the worst' and harbingers of the rough slouching beast.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Pilchenstein posted:

I'd have had them all chanting "BLOOD AND SKULLS!" or something. Man, I really picked the wrong decade to quit drinking. :smith:

I want to say it's peak Thomas because it's so loving terrible as a whole, I didn't even get annoyed by Ginger Cameron for once.

I just use whatever letters are in the cartoon already, because I'm lazy :ssh:

And now that you mention it, Cameron does kinda look like he's been crucified and dead for a while... Pretty morbid, Thomas. PPPRRR

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

And now that you mention it, Cameron does kinda look like he's been crucified and dead for a while... Pretty morbid, Thomas. PPPRRR
To me it looked more like he was gurning like a fucker while pretending to DJ on his podium. The background lighting adds to that.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah but look at his deathly pallor, his unseeing stare, the lack of Thomas's trademark pointless movement lines that appear around every animate object... Thomas is out for the kippers

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Guavanaut posted:

The background lighting adds to that.
I think that's actually meant to be a union jack. From nth dimensional space perhaps.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pilchenstein posted:

I think that's actually meant to be a union jack. From nth dimensional space perhaps.
I couldn't see it as anything other than stage lighting, like the motorized mirror sets you get with club and stage DJs. I see the flag now though.

Is this Thomas implanting subliminal images? I don't want to be programed to suddenly fly into a frothing rage the next time I see a man with stubble and a forage cap. :ohdear:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's speech at the Conservative conference – Cameron offers £7bn tax giveaway and warns vote for Ukip would let Labour in"
Bonus: Viedo of Steve Bell drawing the cartoon

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Wonga and David Cameron's tax cuts pledge – David Cameron pledges sweeping tax cuts for low and middle earners to follow welfare cuts" After Heartfield.

Independent:

Nick Clegg hits back at 'outrageous' Theresa May speech

Times:

Express:

:thumbsup:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I think I hate that bottom guy. Compared to the rest of the cartoonists in here he's such a goddamn propagandist.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

What's he even saying? Cameron's speech was average? Yesterday it was the best thing ever. Nice to show how remotes work though, people probably aren't familiar with these newfangled 'flat screen televisions' that only the poors get

The Steve Bell video is great, I always like his behind the scenes stuff, especially of PR events. If you watch the news you get the final stage-managed result, seeing it from the outside (like in the video with Cameron and the fish packing, way in the distance) is always a good thing

Spooky Hyena
May 2, 2014

Choosing to benefit from an empire of murder and genocide makes you complicit.
:scotland:
lol, nice meltdown
He's saying Cameron good at speeches, Milliband bad at speeches. Milliband has to aspire to average because he's so bad ahahahaha, also he's fat (?). Anyways, check out that thumb.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Spooky Hyena posted:

He's saying Cameron good at speeches, Milliband bad at speeches. Milliband has to aspire to average because he's so bad ahahahaha, also he's fat (?). Anyways, check out that thumb.

Yeah but he's not - he's saying "maybe one day you will make an average speech!" I get what he meant to say, he just hosed it up (again)

Also if that's his thumb what's that stump? Where's his other finger?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The perspective in this makes my head hurt. Why bother trying to do a weirdly mirrored number 10 door if you're going to gently caress it up so badly?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Redeye Flight posted:

I think I hate that bottom guy.
Welcome to the loving club mate. Bollocks to him and his badly drawn spam automatons.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Speaking of automatons, from that Clegg/May link

quote:

Mrs May had said that cases involving threats to children's lives and others were dropped because of missing data.

But David Cameron backed her, saying her speech had been "right".

For anyone outside the UK, this is the level of discourse our Prime Minister is able to get away with. He routinely describes things his party does as 'right', because other things are 'wrong'. Often no need for a justification or explanation of why or anything. Beep boop this is right, the alternative is wrong, thank you next story. To the point where this can be the tag line - "Cameron says this is 'right'", content-free journalism

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 3, 2014

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Redeye Flight posted:

I think I hate that bottom guy. Compared to the rest of the cartoonists in here he's such a goddamn propagandist.
I don't know if they even qualify as propaganda, it seems like empty cheerleading to me.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

In a 'Paul Thomas doesn't understand technology' observation - why are they watching the speech on a DVD, marked DVD?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

In a 'Paul Thomas doesn't understand technology' observation - why are they watching the speech on a DVD, marked DVD?

So it can be watched over and over by Miliband? I know that it would realistically be stored as a digital video file now, but just be glad it's not on a reel to reel projector.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Because Paul Thomas doesn't understand enough technology to make a Blu-ray joke.
:britain:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on human rights and the Conservatives – A future Conservative government would be prepared to withdraw from the European convention on human rights if a series of changes to it were rejected"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Times:

Last week's Stephen Collins:

End of the road for car tax discs

Stephen Collins:

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Telegraph:

This of course is after the Frost Report, and for some reason no bastard will post the whole thing, because apparently we can't have good punchlines on Youtube.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"David Cameron and Ukip: an election approaches… - Chris Riddell on the Conservative pledge to opt out of European court's judgments"

Sunday Telegraph:

Protests cut short Top Gear shoot

Independent on Sunday:

After Leonard Cohen.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
In all fairness to Bob, that was a good Clarkson in that even though it doesn't really look like him because I immediately went, "Oh, thats Jeremy Clarkson," even before parsing that yes he is also driving a car and the Argentine thing just happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

This is great.

• Locked thread