Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Trapped at Sea with Riff Raff: The UYD Story would be so funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

RustyTrombone posted:

Here's an archive of all the episodes and the wiki:

http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/

https://web.archive.org/web/20111212063111/http://feeds.feedburner.com/uhhyeahdude/podcast
- Also you can directly feed this link into a podcast app to easily grab the old eps.

How does this work I want to load some of the older episodes on an iphone for a long road trip from Omaha to Austin? Any podcast app recommendations? Usually I just use the standard apple podcast app for newer episodes, but after they trimmed the list I am unsure how to get these on my phone.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

something clever posted:

How does this work I want to load some of the older episodes on an iphone for a long road trip from Omaha to Austin? Any podcast app recommendations? Usually I just use the standard apple podcast app for newer episodes, but after they trimmed the list I am unsure how to get these on my phone.
You actually can manually enter a feed address in the podcasts app. From the main screen ('My Podcasts' tab), pull down to expose the search bar, type (or paste) the full url there, and click search. It should confirm and subscribe.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

WoG posted:

You actually can manually enter a feed address in the podcasts app. From the main screen ('My Podcasts' tab), pull down to expose the search bar, type (or paste) the full url there, and click search. It should confirm and subscribe.

Holy poo poo! Lifechanging.

Organic Robot
Dec 26, 2007

Fig 1.
"Blueboy sees a moth."
Could anyone reupload the Craigshouse compilation?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Organic Robot posted:

Could anyone reupload the Craigshouse compilation?

http://kiwi6.com/file/q5l2yaeeas

Organic Robot
Dec 26, 2007

Fig 1.
"Blueboy sees a moth."

Thank you!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Going through my backlog and I just hit 237. Johnathan tells Seth a story about some non-native friends living in LA. One Thanksgiving they all do coke, then go to a shooting range while coked up. While there, a man rents an adjacent alley and then immediately blows his brains out.

:stare: Probably the first time in a long time I've yelled "WHAT THE gently caress" while listening to this show.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
I found out about UYD through the SA forums several years back and it's good y'all are running a thread in here because holy gently caress the facebook group is a shitshow. I recently got into a discussion with people on there who a) thought Big Bang Theory was funny, and b) didn't think Buzzfeed-like clickbait sites were any different than UYD because "Jah and Seth just read things they found, so that's the same right?" :downsbravo: I was literally having to explain the concept of plagiarism to adults.

I mostly joined the FB group to help support the show, but I think now I'm going to make an effort to call the voicemail on a semi-regular basis and buy merch for my friends.

Anyway, good thread up in here. Thanks for posting that Australian podcast. It was nice hearing entertainment/podcast veterans just talking about the business and how they view podcasting today vs six or seven years ago.

edit: Completely agree with complaints about the recording levels. Started to hurt my ears in the second half.

Scut fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 3, 2014

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
(Story about a man masturbating in public)
(Obviously fake story from an Onion clone that they think is real)
(Story about a man masturbating in public)
(Story about parents killing their children) LOL WHO'S MOMMIN HARDER AMIRITE???
(Story about a man masturbating in public in Florida)

And that's my impression of the UYD Facebook group

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
they are now getting their stalker on about jonathan and seth's significant others. Yeah I'm leaving that Facebook group.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of them posted a stupid "COMMON CORE WHAT IS THIS IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE" math problem image and if it'd just been someone on my friends list I probably would've just unfriended them, but it's not everyone in the group who's that bad(it's mainly just the olds) so I tried explaining it a bit.

I only got as much as "Yeah alright I get it but 2+2 DOESNT EQUAL 5 ONLY IN ORWELL BRAINWASHING OUR KIDS" in response so yeah I'll probably bail too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The fact that there's an entire generation of people too stupid to understand why common core concepts are making it important to teach math as different than pure memorizing tables and poo poo is basically the best proof of why we need to use it for the next one.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Honestly, i bet Seth is pretty riled up about common core maths

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I don't know, fandom is always nuts, and the niche nature of podcasts attracts as niche kind of nuts. Have you ever seen any forums or Facebook groups attached to Harmontown? That poo poo is loving crazy.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Hocus Pocus posted:

I don't know, fandom is always nuts, and the niche nature of podcasts attracts as niche kind of nuts. Have you ever seen any forums or Facebook groups attached to Harmontown? That poo poo is loving crazy.

No because I don't have a facebook and don't know what the gently caress a harmontown is. I'm too busy living my life.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Splits posted:

No because I don't have a facebook and don't know what the gently caress a harmontown is. I'm too busy living my life.

drat man how did you get to be so cool

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Splits posted:

Holy.... poo poo....!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a starwar betamax posted:

Honestly, i bet Seth is pretty riled up about common core maths

One of the comments was pretty much spot on Seth reaction:

quote:

hey, hows your new math! granpapa we don't do math like that anymore, we make 1+10 cover two pages now. it's new math.
It's impossible for me to read that and not hear Seth doing it.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Splits posted:

It is funny that you post in a forum about how busy your life is.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Guys stop responding to him he is a very busy man and does not have time for this.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Are you guys ok??

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Guys stop responding to him he is a very busy man and does not have time for this.

A podcast thread on a 10 dollar Internet forum. :Ballin:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
its like one coffee

meth addict
Sep 27, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Sooo, is UYD a thing where their fans are separated into different areas of the internet and they all say each other is the worst? Because you guys are kind've the worst, and you're talking down on the Facebook group about trivial things.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

meth addict posted:

Sooo, is UYD a thing where their fans are separated into different areas of the internet and they all say each other is the worst? Because you guys are kind've the worst, and you're talking down on the Facebook group about trivial things.

Nah lets totally go and try and find seth's gf's flickr account and discover all we can about their private lives because that's what normal people do.

meth addict
Sep 27, 2014

by Ion Helmet

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Nah lets totally go and try and find seth's gf's flickr account and discover all we can about their private lives because that's what normal people do.

That is what normal people do. And someone's public flickr account isn't really their "private life", whereas this thread was trying to find out where Seth works.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

meth addict posted:

That is what normal people do.
:what: You be weird.

quote:

whereas this thread was trying to find out where Seth works.
I think that was more "what does he do" than "where does he work".

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

meth addict posted:

Thanks for popping in to say hi!

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
Probated twice in your first week since reg. Welcome to SA!

Bolek
May 1, 2003

mcvey posted:

I think that was more "what does he do" than "where does he work".

Zesty Mordant posted:

Didn't he say he works at one in West Hollywood? Not be weird or anything, I'm just sure it's a good store and if he was working he'd have a good rec (my girlfriend has her card and needs to reup anyway)

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah and that selectively quoted bit of conversation was started by this:

bango skank posted:

Ever since that bit of information came out, whenever I go to a new dispensary I wonder if it'll end up being the one he works at.
So it's not exactly like there was some group of people here trying to track the guy down and wait outside for his shift to end.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
why do people find it creepy when someone expresses mild curiosity about where a host of a popular podcast works?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because it is

Bolek
May 1, 2003

why do people find it creepy when someone expresses mild curiosity about where a host of a popular podcast works?

it betrays a lack of healthy boundaries.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seth gives out his home address and Jonathan(used to) give out his personal phone number. I really doubt people wondering which weed shop he works at would chill him to his core.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I've got some stalker questions about UYD. Maybe one of you creepers can help me out.

Is there a track listing for all the intro/outro music? I didn't see it on the wiki, but maybe I'm just dense.

Could I follow Johnathan on instagram? I don't know how publically available his username is or if there's a limit on # of followers like Facebook has. I could just ask him after the Austin show.

Can someone link the FB group? I joined the fan site but there doesn't seem to be much activity on the feed. I'm missing this train wreck that everyone is arguing about. Again, maybe its there and I'm just really bad at basic website navigation.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

SMERSH Mouth posted:

I've got some stalker questions about UYD. Maybe one of you creepers can help me out.

Is there a track listing for all the intro/outro music? I didn't see it on the wiki, but maybe I'm just dense.

Could I follow Johnathan on instagram? I don't know how publically available his username is or if there's a limit on # of followers like Facebook has. I could just ask him after the Austin show.

Can someone link the FB group? I joined the fan site but there doesn't seem to be much activity on the feed. I'm missing this train wreck that everyone is arguing about. Again, maybe its there and I'm just really bad at basic website navigation.

i hear the best place to follow them right now is grindr

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
http://open.spotify.com/user/fallom/playlist/3aeDL2ukrzl7eDFN7z8o5l

uhhyeahjohn

facebook.com/americaspodcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
If you aint up on my Kik then how the gently caress you gonna know how I am? This guy