Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tgv
Oct 16, 2008

mr. stefan posted:

how much does gentei kits usually charge for EMS shipping on MGs? That tallgeese looks tempting and I want to weigh my options.

it depends on the weight of the item, I got charged 2800yen over here in Canada for the tallgeese, should be about the same in the US I imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

John Carstairs posted:

If it's anything like the standard Zaku 2.0 I'm currently working on, the most difficult part will be those goddamn tubes. I actually broke a fingernail trying to slide some of the rings onto the flexible rubber bit...

Building the tubes for the RG CHar's Zaku was the worst loving thing. I think I called it a cocksucker at least fifteen times. A minute. Per tube.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I think the zaku is a cool suit, but I instinctively avoid them because of those loving tubes.

GM for life.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

mr. stefan posted:

how much does gentei kits usually charge for EMS shipping on MGs? That tallgeese looks tempting and I want to weigh my options.

Doing a test run through the checkout process up to where it calculates the shipping charge, EMS shipping for the Tallgeese III is 2800 yen, and SAL is 1449 yen.

EMS for both Tallgeese kits and the psycho shard came out to 4700 for me yes I have a problem.

Gentei doesn't charge out the yin yang for shipping, is kind of what I'm saying.

According to Google, the yen is running at 109 yen to the dollar, so you're looking at around $86 shipped for a TG3 via EMS. Probably more like 90-ish once Paypal takes its exchange rate cut. EMS is kinda rough for a one-off, but scales pretty well when you buy more than one kit.

Suzaku fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 1, 2014

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

Chewbacca posted:

Just a head up, for those of you who love Zaku's like me, the Shin Matsunaga MG 2.0 is 38.98 with prime on amazon right now. That's about 20 dollars cheaper then I've ever seen it before so...go get 'em.

:shepspends: It's been 8 years since I last built a kit but the 1/100 Nemo on my desk was looking like it needed a friend.

Any tips on replacing the tubes with jewelry cord/chain? This is what I want to copy

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

John Carstairs posted:

If it's anything like the standard Zaku 2.0 I'm currently working on, the most difficult part will be those goddamn tubes. I actually broke a fingernail trying to slide some of the rings onto the flexible rubber bit...

gently caress those Zaku tubes. I'll never build another MG with tubes on it. The stupid leg ones keep popping out, too, which is peak frustration. The amount of force required to get them off the trees was absurd, though.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts

madpanda posted:

How difficult is this as far as mg's go? The amount of runners doesn't r put me off but those decals yikes... I don't think its possible for me to get the shoulder stripes straight in any lifetime. And if i'm seeing this right those are waterslides?

I couldn't say with great certainty, as I haven't built one of the high mobility type 2.0's yet. The basic Zaku 2.0 kit is a favorite of mine though, and wouldn't be a particularly tough build were it not for the dreaded tubes. And yes, the process of dealing with the tubes is generally...not super fun. As for the decals...yeah, they should be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes in several months when I get to the kit.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Literally The Worst posted:

What would be a cool MG to have chillin' with that 1/20 Scopedog Bandai put out?

I think of the buster gundam but I don't really like the buster gundam so I'll recommend the full armor gundam (FAG) instead.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

muike posted:

I think of the buster gundam but I don't really like the buster gundam so I'll recommend the full armor gundam (FAG) instead.

What's this poo poo with sticky rubber bits that you have to cut up? I like the look of the kit but trying to parse Dalong translations is rough and that bit makes me nervous.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

What would be a cool MG to have chillin' with that 1/20 Scopedog Bandai put out?

An Ez-8.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

What's this poo poo with sticky rubber bits that you have to cut up? I like the look of the kit but trying to parse Dalong translations is rough and that bit makes me nervous.

oh they're adhesive pads that sticks the armor on. i was kind of iffy on that first too but apparently they work just fine and ultimately you could probably just glue poo poo on

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Sometimes a video review can be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC2-2ZjZShI

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TaurusOxford posted:

Sometimes a video review can be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC2-2ZjZShI

Youtube is for gaylords who don't have sex.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Bandai's new Star Wars lineup was also shown over the weekend: along with the previously announced kits, they'll be doing a Snowspeeder and AT-ST in 1/48 scale and a Slave-1 in 1/144. The previously shown Star Destroyer and a new 1/72 AT-AT were there as display-only pieces.

Bandai seems to be going the extra mile with these kits — early word on the street is that the Advanced TIE is more accurate that the already-excellent Fine Molds version, and the X-Wing includes multiple variant parts matched to different shooting models. And everything's molded in color, of course.

I haven't cared much about Star Wars in a long time, but this line is looking pretty dang great so far.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Youtube is for gaylords who don't have sex.

Theard posted:

Gunpla/Plamo Thread Mk. III - 1/1 Scale Real Grade Nerds

Glass houses, man.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

College Slice

Bimmi posted:

Bandai's new Star Wars lineup was also shown over the weekend: along with the previously announced kits, they'll be doing a Snowspeeder and AT-ST in 1/48 scale and a Slave-1 in 1/144. The previously shown Star Destroyer and a new 1/72 AT-AT were there as display-only pieces.

Bandai seems to be going the extra mile with these kits — early word on the street is that the Advanced TIE is more accurate that the already-excellent Fine Molds version, and the X-Wing includes multiple variant parts matched to different shooting models. And everything's molded in color, of course.

I haven't cared much about Star Wars in a long time, but this line is looking pretty dang great so far.

gonna see a lot of kitbashes with this

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mad Lupine posted:

Glass houses, man.

Panties be dropping when they see the Neo Zeong.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

karlor posted:

gonna see a lot of kitbashes with this

To be fair, that's an action figure and not a model kit. On the other hand, expect to see some cool 1/12 Stormtrooper paintjobs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I like how they did the laser gun firing effect for the tie fighters. Is there anything like that for gunpla?

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
There's these.

...although I'm not entirely sure where some of them are supposed to go.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The Muffinlord posted:

gently caress those Zaku tubes. I'll never build another MG with tubes on it. The stupid leg ones keep popping out, too, which is peak frustration. The amount of force required to get them off the trees was absurd, though.

The Gauf 2 has the best zaku tube solution while still having individual thingies. You don't have to deal with them one by one, and it's softer material so easier to sand / razor down.

Zaku 2.0 tubes are balls though.

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

I'm thinking the PG unicorn has a clear psychoframe and the LED's are what the color will come from, and the third mode will either be alternate setting for awakened mode or (god forbid) a second LED set for that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

HairSlut posted:

I'm thinking the PG unicorn has a clear psychoframe and the LED's are what the color will come from, and the third mode will either be alternate setting for awakened mode or (god forbid) a second LED set for that.

I would honestly prefer that. I have zero intention of ever buying the LED set, but if the psychoframe was clear I could just use some clear markers on the underside and make the psychoframe whatever color I want.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
PG psychoframe is already confirmed to be red UV plastic, sorry boys. They fully intend to get you coming and going with this one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's a new HGBF kit announced with a December release. It's apparently going to be a customized Hyaku-Shiki

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Ahahaha, oh man they're going to reuse all of the old HGUC molds huh.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=207622

I had to read the name a couple times to figure out how to pronounce it. The Powereder. To give all your BF kits that Thunderbolt look.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Missing Link posted:

I had to read the name a couple times to figure out how to pronounce it. The Powereder. To give all your BF kits that Thunderbolt look.

Powered Arms PoweredER!

ie; even more power than regular Powered Arms :black101:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Missing Link posted:

Meijin of models, do you have enough guns? :smuggo:

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

The Missing Link posted:

And thus was born the Dakka Gundam!

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Needs more dakka. Powered Arms Powereder Powereder.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Powered Heavyarms Powereder Powereder.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Powered Full Armor Leopard Heavyarms Custom Amazing Assault Shroud Powereder Poweredest

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Suzaku posted:

Powered Full Armor Leopard Heavyarms Custom Amazing Assault Shroud Powereder Poweredest

I should ask if I can bring an Ork custom version of this to Warhammer night at my game store.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kurui Reiten posted:

Powered Heavyarms Powereder Powereder.

I really want a Heavyarms kit out of Build Fighters, just to see how obscenely stuffed with missiles and gatling guns they can make one :allears:.

Suzaku posted:

You forgot "Aile", "Launcher", and "Sword".

Powered Full Armor Aile Leopard Heavyarms Launcher Custom Amazing Assault Shroud Sword Powereder Poweredest

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Needs an added "Kai" and "P-Type"

(The P is for Powerederedest)

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really want a Heavyarms kit out of Build Fighters, just to see how obscenely stuffed with missiles and gatling guns they can make one :allears:.

You forgot "Aile", "Launcher", and "Sword".

Powered Full Armor Aile Leopard Heavyarms Launcher Custom Amazing Assault Shroud Sword Powereder Poweredest

Nu Powered Full Armor Aile Leopard Heavyarms Launcher Custom Amazing Assault Shroud Sword Powereder Poweredest Hell (ver. Ka)

Or is that too much overkill?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

AzMiLion posted:

Nu Powered Full Armor Aile Leopard Heavyarms Launcher Custom Amazing Assault Shroud Sword Powereder Poweredest Hell (ver. Ka)

Add [Trans-Am Mode] and wrap it up boys.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AzMiLion posted:

[Destroy Mode]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Zedd posted:

Add [Trans-Am Mode] and wrap it up boys.

If we're going that far....

RG Hyper Nu Powered Full Armor Aile Leopard Heavyarms Launcher Custom Amazing Assault Shroud Sword Powereder Poweredest Hell Raiser Destroy Mode (ver. Ka) TRANS GRAHAM!

• Locked thread