Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Piell posted:

No gif, but here's a video. It's terrifying.

That whole challenge sequence is probably the best one ever. Especially with rigged throwing thing for Rocker and his team still losing to a crazy puzzle at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

DaisyDanger posted:

I think the gif is running faster than the video so it's extra creepy now.
When I saw that I immediately thought of Linda Blair crabwalking down the stairs in The Exorcist.
I haven't been able to sleep since.

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006
I hope someone on the guys group is smart enough to work out the Josh/Baylor vote and boot him next, it's such a huge overplay at 9 players and the guy will just cause drama flipping when he feels the heat if he's not their next boot.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Teckiwi posted:

I hope someone on the guys group is smart enough to work out the Josh/Baylor vote and boot him next, it's such a huge overplay at 9 players and the guy will just cause drama flipping when he feels the heat if he's not their next boot.

I don't think we know enough about what happened with the vote yet to know if that's the right call, there's a good chance we find out next episode that Josh asked Baylor to let him throw away a vote on her and the guys were aware that it was happening. Nothing else really makes sense at this point, and even if Josh is sketchy it's smarter for them to secure their numbers right now, because if Baylor tells Josh and flips to the girls, they're hosed.

rafington fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 27, 2014

Russell Feathers
May 6, 2010
That was a really fun premiere episode, not as great as the last few, but still makes me excited to watch again.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
finally got around to watching it. not quite as disappointed with the cast as initial impressions, but also not super thrilled either. kinda like old firefighter dude who went to exile.

was pretty happy to see one of the twins go first cause i kinda couldn't stand them on AR, but who knows maybe they would have just caused fun chaos in a survivor environment. maybe the other will stir things up now that her sister is gone.

Fast Luck posted:

GOod Post. Perhaps you should play Awful Survivor. AWful Survivor, sign-up thread here, is about to start a new season. So if you're able to set aside 30min-1hr twice a week for challenges you can experience exactly what it's like to be on Survivor. How can a fan not be interested

play this. it's pretty surprising just how well it emulates the social experience. can be stressful, but it's really fun!

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Token Female posted:

It's looks like it's been photoshopped. Which makes sense if they had to remove the pair that got medically removed.

Is there more info on this? When did it happen?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The end of the premiere teased than an evacuation (and a possible voluntary quit) happens.
Based on history of this show a medical evac is more than likely, it seems to happen every season now.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

DaisyDanger posted:

I think the gif is running faster than the video so it's extra creepy now.

I was just kinda scrolling through the thread and then :stonk:

Especially in the sped-up gif form, that's both mesmerizing and hysterical. The final few frames as he scurries past is just killing me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

pkid posted:

Is there more info on this? When did it happen?

A few days before the game began. A pair of women had to drop out because of a medevac, and they didn't have alternates.

That's why the season has a gender imbalance - 8 women, 10 men.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

It's still way early in the season, and I assume kinda unlikely to happen, but will the producers do any tweaking of challenges or rewards if the men just vote off all the women? I don't have a lot of experience with Survivor, so short of a different merge timing, or just handing immunity idols to specific players, is there anything else they can or would do.

I imagine any guy only alliance will horribly implode by the next tribal council, so it is probably not a concern.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Orvin posted:

It's still way early in the season, and I assume kinda unlikely to happen, but will the producers do any tweaking of challenges or rewards if the men just vote off all the women? I don't have a lot of experience with Survivor, so short of a different merge timing, or just handing immunity idols to specific players, is there anything else they can or would do.

I imagine any guy only alliance will horribly implode by the next tribal council, so it is probably not a concern.

It depends how big your tin foil hat is. I personally believe Probst when he says they genuinely don't interfere, and the only time game mechanics are changed are if a med evac or quit messes up the pre-planned schedule.

That being said, you're right that the alliance has no chance of lasting. There have been exactly two successful mono-gender alliances in Survivor history, and one of those was in a season where the tribes were split by gender anyway.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

mancalamania posted:

It depends how big your tin foil hat is. I personally believe Probst when he says they genuinely don't interfere, and the only time game mechanics are changed are if a med evac or quit messes up the pre-planned schedule.

That being said, you're right that the alliance has no chance of lasting. There have been exactly two successful mono-gender alliances in Survivor history, and one of those was in a season where the tribes were split by gender anyway.

Outside of One World(all female), I absolutely don't know the other alliance you're talking about. Spoiler it if you have to I guess?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Does Vanuatu not count?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bjay9 posted:

Outside of One World(all female), I absolutely don't know the other alliance you're talking about. Spoiler it if you have to I guess?

Micronesia

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mills posted:

Does Vanuatu not count?

That alliance imploded.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Minor details.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The other thing to recognise is that all of those are all-girl alliances. All-boy alliances are far less stable because everyone sees each other as the biggest physical threat.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Piell posted:

Micronesia

Right. I'm a dumbie :downs:

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Orvin posted:

They can change what the tribes are at any time where everyone draws a buff color, or there's new team captains and a pick em.

That doesn't necessarily change the game though, but it has happened several times when there's poor balance.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Just watched the first episode. I really really hope I'm wrong, but I think Natalie's going to walk tonight. She said she's never been apart from her sister for more than 2 weeks, and I don't see her handling Nadiya's elimination well. :(

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ironic Twist posted:

Just watched the first episode. I really really hope I'm wrong, but I think Natalie's going to walk tonight. She said she's never been apart from her sister for more than 2 weeks, and I don't see her handling Nadiya's elimination well. :(

This would be perfect. I hope it happens.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I missed last week, but I'm here now!

Previously on...Survivor! :toot:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Well drat, Sportsgenius86 was right

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Look at these dummies wasting calories

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

J'tia reference!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
"When you're wrong, you admit it immediately and emphatically."

Jon's not going to last very long.

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Lol at J'tiya turning into a code word for moron

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

He's wrong, everyone knows when you do something wrong, you talk about controlling your own destiny, then make Jeff give you a backrub.

EDIT: yeah, he really J'tia'ed the flint situation.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is clearly the redemption island challenge arena. gently caress this.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
I was going to say QQ...but it is just a single Q.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

This is clearly the redemption island challenge arena. gently caress this.

Take solace that the dirt cheap production of the show is what will keep it on the air for so long we finally get the cast who was entirely born after the show premiered. And on that season, Jeff's quest will finally be complete.

(Assuming I'm interpreting your comment right)

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
How long until John whips his ball at Probst?

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
1v1 challenges when there's 2 full tribes is pretty lame.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Boxman posted:

Take solace that the dirt cheap production of the show is what will keep it on the air for so long we finally get the cast who was entirely born after the show premiered. And on that season, Jeff's quest will finally be complete.

(Assuming I'm interpreting your comment right)
Are the 1 on 1 challenges that much cheaper than spartan team events like various tackling, mud, and ball events?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Really shouldnt have picked a challenge where you're like 6'5 and have to duck under a bunch of stuff while balancing a ball.

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

Jesus. Its like watching a 250lb five year old

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"A woman beating a man at a challenge involving balancing, ducking under an object and rolling a ball...nobody would have predicted this!!!"

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Are the 1 on 1 challenges that much cheaper than spartan team events like various tackling, mud, and ball events?

Oh, probably not, I thought you were just complaining about the re-use of sets.

1v1 is sorta lame, but I can see what they're doing - they're playing up pathos by making loved ones send each other to Exile Island, and making it so that one person is unequivocally responsible for the loss or win of a challenge could introduce an interesting dynamic to the game.

EDIT: :lol: bartering with Jeff.

EDIT Again: Jeff: You need to make a deal. My life is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Hahaha, Jeff's like "gently caress you!"

• Locked thread