Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

JHVH-1 posted:

Ray Goren doesn't care what you think

Daddy_delegated_his_midlife-crisis.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Dirt posted:

I saw this kid open for Buddy Guy once. He was like ~13 or something, playing old blues songs and originals. It felt so disingenuous. Hearing a 13 year old singing about heartbreak is sort of hilarious. But everyone seemed to enjoy him. It was strange more than anything.

True, but he's gonna be knee deep in his preferred sexual organs + cash money for the rest of his life. I'd do it if I had the opportunity at 13. But no, I had to be all punk rock and poo poo at that age.

I wish Unlocking the Truth's bassist was less of a wet blanket.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
dunno about that. pretty sure the only poon at joe bonamassa shows was dragged there by their boyfriends/husbands and most likely post-menopausal anyway

tho the latter condition isn't necessarily a bad thing :pervert:

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Clitch posted:

"Dad made me practice my bluesface, instead of playing video games again. My face hurts."

"Just think of the tone son."

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

JHVH-1 posted:

Ray Goren doesn't care what you think

pent* up feelings. gotta let em out

*(-atonic)

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I am glad that I am not the only one bothered by blueskids. I mean its great they are playing guitar and all, but ugh......

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I don't mind if a kid is playing what they want to, but you can basically instantly tell when it's someone who's doing what their parents are doing. I mean, gently caress, I dunno, maybe blueskids hear the blues and actually want to do that. I dunno. I actually really dug that Sepultura cover, though.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

this rules

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

comes along bort posted:

dunno about that. pretty sure the only poon at joe bonamassa shows was dragged there by their boyfriends/husbands and most likely post-menopausal anyway

tho the latter condition isn't necessarily a bad thing :pervert:

The South is full of 20 something sorority girls bar hopping and hoping to hear Wonderful Tonight.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

White Dog Eggs posted:

I.... I think I own this now.

Cost me 3 'meh'-quality pickups and £30 for postage via paypal. Either I just got scammed by a random Romanian or in 2-3 weeks I will be the proud owner of... That.

Did I do a bad thing?

Apparently it's a baritone, so if it can be made playable it's a pretty good find! I've only ever found lovely acoustics in skips :(.

I wouldn't be surprised if the scammer just grabbed an image off the internet and tried to pass it off as his own.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the scammer just grabbed an image off the internet and tried to pass it off as his own.

I did a reverse image search with a few different sites, looked at the photo metadata and I got him to take a picture with him holding the guitar along with a piece of paper with my name on it, everything seems pretty legit. I even did some internet detective crap and he does live at the address I sent the pick-ups to, so I guess we'll see.

I still feel kind of dumb about it tbh, I honestly brought it with the thread in mind. GF is unimpressed "If it arrives it's probably going to be radioactive or covered in cancer fertilizer and hepatitis".

E: I did more work on the GBScaster today but my cameras memory card is corrupted so I can't upload anything. Will get a new card tomorrow.

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 30, 2014

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
I think these may belong here. Despite the surprisingly high quality of regular Amplugs as a practice amp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxj8WxWxpnM

http://www.amazon.com/VOX-Amplug-Akiyama-Limited-Edition/dp/B0062V8MPQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_MI_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VRWMH6EFXAH20KXVEX3

http://www.amazon.com/VOX-Amplug-Bk-Limited-K-/dp/B0062VF5AG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1412121475&sr=8-3

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
oh my god they do exist

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Considering buying one to piss any ~~*pro musicians*~~ that show up 3 hours late for a set-up then drink all my milk.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
i know it's off topic but you guys seem to know enough about this so; looking into getting a very low action electric-acoustic. Any recommendations?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ovation-celebrity-standard-mid-depth-cutaway-acoustic-electric-guitar

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat
Electro-Acoustics are kind of outside my expertise, but I put a new mixer in a RainSong and holy poo poo was that a good guitar, lowest action I've seen on an acoustic. They are expensive as poo poo though, £3k I think it was.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
TONEZ knobs and plates are officially en route to WDE for the Goontar. If anyone wants the STL files for their own awful uses (and know where I can upload them to share) just lemme know.

And yes, that's a ComicSans version too.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

JohnnySmitch posted:

TONEZ knobs and plates are officially en route to WDE for the Goontar. If anyone wants the STL files for their own awful uses (and know where I can upload them to share) just lemme know.

Can;df;t type, ejaculatinggd

fdhkglkjdsfgdfg
'iits not stoppinggf oh hogod make its top.fh,,./.,/

That is loving awesome.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
just wanna say that the evolution of this thread has been loving awesome

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

pfs Write posted:

just wanna say that the evolution of this thread has been loving awesome

gently caress yes. I'm going to finally re-reg my website just so I can host the file and share the love. TONEZ.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well, that's the site registered. I'd link to it but there really isn't anything on there at the moment. Eventually I'll upload something on there.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

"We're one of the biggest guitar-companies in the world. Why don't we get three of our least charismatic, dorky-looking dudes to demo our poo poo? Oh, and don't bother doing more than one take so the dialogue flows naturally, even though we're cutting it together later."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IB5dAA1-gE

e: God, there's a whole series of them

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Pondex posted:

"We're one of the biggest guitar-companies in the world. Why don't we get three of our least charismatic, dorky-looking dudes to demo our poo poo? Oh, and don't bother doing more than one take so the dialogue flows naturally, even though we're cutting it together later."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IB5dAA1-gE

e: God, there's a whole series of them

Every time I see a Gibson representative, I want to give them a sympathy hug, and then punch them in the face.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Clitch posted:

Every time I see a Gibson representative, I want to give them a sympathy hug, and then punch them in the face.

I want to find out whoever thought putting robot tuners on all their guitars was a good idea and poo poo in their shoes. Those tuners have nylon gearing (planned obsolescence?) and apparently have a tendency to re-tune when you do strings bends. It's not going to end well.

Have you ever noticed a distinct lack of tones when you open a door? Never fear, the internet has you covered;
http://www.hammacher.com/Product/86...utm_campaign=CJ

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

White Dog Eggs posted:

Those tuners have nylon gearing (planned obsolescence?) and apparently have a tendency to re-tune when you do strings bends. It's not going to end well.

Every single person with an MBA should get a beating so they stop doing poo poo like this.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Pondex posted:

Every single person with an MBA should get a beating

White Dog Eggs posted:

I want to find out whoever thought putting robot tuners on all their guitars was a good idea and poo poo in their shoes. Those tuners have nylon gearing (planned obsolescence?) and apparently have a tendency to re-tune when you do strings bends. It's not going to end well.

haha no loving way that's some walmart poo poo

like power tool manufacturers make versions of each model specifically for walmart with nylon/plastic gears so they wear out faster and people keep coming back to buy another tool more often

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 1, 2014

skudmunky
Apr 28, 2010

JohnnySmitch posted:

Does it rotate around the O? I feel like it should.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

JohnnySmitch posted:

Yeah, poo poo, please, put that up on shapeways or something. Sell them out of SA Mart. Whatever works for you. I want at least one.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

JohnnySmitch posted:

ID like the STL :)

You should just put it up on thingiverse

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

The guy on the left is me in high school

Also, holy poo poo! That kid has an Exciter patch - there's a band I haven't heard in centuries

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012

White Dog Eggs posted:

a tendency to re-tune when you do strings bends.

Haha holy poo poo. And for this they charge 30% extra*. It's fun watching a company gut itself.

*(I just got a guitar center sale bill in the mail showing the 2015 models, and the noteworthy hike on the Standard is there as promised).

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I saw another video of them once, this is even better. gently caress YEAAAAAAA

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ZombieParts posted:

The guy on the left is me in high school

Also, holy poo poo! That kid has an Exciter patch - there's a band I haven't heard in centuries

It's actually Sepultura when they were kids.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

fyodor posted:

I saw another video of them once, this is even better. gently caress YEAAAAAAA

There's another video of them playing as kids with Bruce Dickinson singing.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Snowy posted:

It's actually Sepultura when they were kids.

And they were ludicrously good back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX-dnSgkQMs

Pretty sure the oldest member was like 15 when they recorded that.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
At one point I had saved a YT vid of some young kids in Mexico playing on really terrible gear (like Peavey Raptor level). They were playing a really metal version of 21st Century Schizoid Man and loving nailed it.

Hate that I can't find that video.

^^^

Back when Sepultura was a great band.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
aw, lookit this thing - it's cute. I could maybe buy one for my kid.

JESUS loving CHRIST IT COSTS HOW MUCH
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/new-arrivals-guitars/item/857-spalt-gate-guitar-vienna-style-25/category_pathway-35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
Also, may I share with you: Devin Townsend’s new "Ziltoid" baritone Flying V from Warwick/Framus.

It has a built in fog machine. A FOG MACHINE

• Locked thread