Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ok so here's something bizarre. Apparently the game can get confused on certain adventure mode squares if you're trying to enter them while the walking around sprite isn't the character it expects. I switched it to Ruto by entering and exiting another level and now it's letting me play the "Defeat all enemies" stage. That's really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I'm pretty sure just sending normal friend requests will also alert the user.

Maybe they changed it, but I remember at launch adding via the Friend List worked like it did on the Wii and 3DS where you both had to enter each other's info to become friends versus Miiverse which actually sent requests.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The following weapons need to be added immediately: Ganon's trident from lttp, and a flute for link or Zelda that summons animal friends, like Ricky and Moosh, and the bird from lttp.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Okay I can't believe I need help with him but Ganondorf seems like hot trash to me. Trying to do his level 3 weapon mission in adventure and he's level 36, has a sword with 180 or so damage and he can't even kill a keep boss with a single string of Y's.

Why is he so rear end for me? Everything takes forever to die and he takes hits like a chump.

Edit: Like most people I catch up in levels somewhat and they do better but mannn

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
That mission is pretty tough, i got him to about level 50 or so before I did it, and i think i had a 5-star rank 2 weapon for him. The moblins are big tanky tons of hp hogs so those in particular might take a bit longer to kill. Really if it ever feels like a basic keep boss or outpost captain is taking too long to kill, you should just come back later after you've leveled that character up a bit with some rupees, or got a good new weapon for them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

God drat midna is absolutely incredible. If you can get her combos going she can practically ignore commanders blocking entirely and send them flying as though they were but worms. I just got her level 2 shackles and Lana was absolutely helpless against me.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

mabels big day posted:

The following weapons need to be added immediately: Ganon's trident from lttp, and a flute for link or Zelda that summons animal friends, like Ricky and Moosh, and the bird from lttp.

I need Punch Wizard Ganondorf in my life.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The rod of seasons would be really loving cool too, maybe for Lana

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Does anyone have a complete guide to what each of the unlockables are in adventure mode? I never seem to have enough item cards and I want to prioritize certain things before others. In particular I'm looking for the level 2 power gloves.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Inverness posted:

Does anyone have a complete guide to what each of the unlockables are in adventure mode? I never seem to have enough item cards and I want to prioritize certain things before others. In particular I'm looking for the level 2 power gloves.

Those are in adventure mode and you'll need a candle. Third row from the bottom, fifth column from the right.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want the spinner from Twilight Princess. Don't mind me crowd of skeletons, I'm just gonna zoom through you like a pinball.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mabels big day posted:

The rod of seasons would be really loving cool too, maybe for Lana
i want naryu and din from oracle

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I want the spinner from Twilight Princess. Don't mind me crowd of skeletons, I'm just gonna zoom through you like a pinball.

give it to Zant or Darunia

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I need Toon link with the Four Sword for multi-man shenanigans, and Tetra with bomblets, or possibly a saber and pistols so that she's suitably pirate-like.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
If they just use Masamune Date's moveset for Tetra, I would be completely happy with that.

All around just a very disappointing lack of Toon Link timeline representation in this game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You can't just plop a cartoon character in the middle of all the other fairly consistent art styles though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alacron posted:

I need Toon link with the Four Sword for multi-man shenanigans, and Tetra with bomblets, or possibly a saber and pistols so that she's suitably pirate-like.

The only guns we need in this game are Groose's.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Did my first network link battle today. One around level 60 popped up on my map. My highest leveled character is around 20. "Eh," I say. "I can manage." I mean the game is pretty easy already, right? I pick Sheik, put on my best weapon, and go to town.

gently caress

It starts out with three people I need to rescue on the opposite side of the map and I need to fight through a couple keeps to get there. The first keep I come up against has a Darknut and a Dinolfos. Hadn't seen one of those yet. I'm not sure when he hit me but after a bit I looked at my health meter and I realized I was at literally a quarter of a heart left. I back off, heal up, and plow through. I rescue all three guys, but wait! The entirety of Cia's forces are heading towards Link back at the allied keep! I book it entirely across the map again, catch up, and realize that Link is currently being accosted by no less than four Aeralfos, two Dinolfos, and a Darknut. This entire time a summoner has been summoning waves and waves and waves of Stalchildren and Stalfos surrounding me and I haven't had time to kill him because I'm hustling super hard. I eventually save Link and Cia's fortress opens up.

After a 10-minute fight with Cia where I very slowly whittle down her pools and pools of health, I finally come out on top. :staredog:

It was by far the hardest battle I've had this entire time but at least I have four new powerful weapons to show for it. That and Sheik gained like 6 levels.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

greatn posted:

You can't just plop a cartoon character in the middle of all the other fairly consistent art styles though.

A semi-realistic young Link wearing the Wind Waker outfit would've suited me just fine. Just give him the hurricane spin, maybe the Four Sword and that giant skull hammer. I mean, really. Who doesn't want to see a twelve-year-old boy slaughter thousands and carve through the battlefield like a hot knife through butter?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Wind Waker Link's gimmick would obviously be the ability to temporarily pick up and use other people's weapons

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah, for aesthetics you could just make WW/Toon Link look like young Link from OoT/MM. And put him in his lobster shirt for gently caress's sake.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Kaubocks posted:

Did my first network link battle today. One around level 60 popped up on my map. My highest leveled character is around 20. "Eh," I say. "I can manage." I mean the game is pretty easy already, right? I pick Sheik, put on my best weapon, and go to town.

gently caress

It starts out with three people I need to rescue on the opposite side of the map and I need to fight through a couple keeps to get there. The first keep I come up against has a Darknut and a Dinolfos. Hadn't seen one of those yet. I'm not sure when he hit me but after a bit I looked at my health meter and I realized I was at literally a quarter of a heart left. I back off, heal up, and plow through. I rescue all three guys, but wait! The entirety of Cia's forces are heading towards Link back at the allied keep! I book it entirely across the map again, catch up, and realize that Link is currently being accosted by no less than four Aeralfos, two Dinolfos, and a Darknut. This entire time a summoner has been summoning waves and waves and waves of Stalchildren and Stalfos surrounding me and I haven't had time to kill him because I'm hustling super hard. I eventually save Link and Cia's fortress opens up.

After a 10-minute fight with Cia where I very slowly whittle down her pools and pools of health, I finally come out on top. :staredog:

It was by far the hardest battle I've had this entire time but at least I have four new powerful weapons to show for it. That and Sheik gained like 6 levels.

At least you won? I got a network link from a friend this morning and ended up struggling fruitlessly for like half an hour, dashing back and forth across Hyrule Field trying to keep the other commanders alive before a horde of like seven Dinolfos killed Lana in the Allied Base because I had only gotten the notification about 30 seconds before. The link was lv. 70.

How is that determined? Is it your Link's level or the average level of all your characters or what?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I dunno how you guys are getting these crazy high leveled Network Links. Most of mine have been in the 20-50 range, but right now my characters are in the 25-35 range so I don't tackle anything higher than 40 Links.

EDIT: Oh right, I haven't bothered getting the goon IDs from the second post in the thread. That's probably why. Still, don't do anything more than twenty levels higher than you if you like not doing chip damage all the time.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Regy Rusty posted:

I want an adventure mode map where all enemies and allies are cuccos.

I want Mama Cucco as a DLC hero. She perpetually has an army of cuccos in tow which augment her attacks. Though they can die, you can summon more by holding Strong Attack, and she will also summon more any time she takes damage.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Wind Waker character should have been DLC because there's no reason to fret over them "not fitting in". It's DLC and some of the costumes certainly don't fit in.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Give me Shopkeep and Old Man in Cave, and make them OP as gently caress.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
put toon link in and have his special be the train

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dunno how I survived one of the Geurdo Temple maps where I was taking over targets and didn't notice a shield moblin stunk into my main base and bought it all the way to a silver of health. I just kept spamming Impa's ultra meter attack (the naginata version) for almost four minutes straight while clearing out all the respawning bokoblins until they finally stopped spawning and was able to go back to clear the rest of the map with no problem.

Unrelated, but where is a good place to get weapon drops. I trying to get a better default weapon for Agatha before I try her A Rank second weapon map..as her default weapon is too weak.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I unlocked Darunia.

On a completely unrelated note Darunia loving owns.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So Fi is basically the best character, right? Because that was the easiest time i've ever had doing a weapon mission and even just her regular combo could juggle bosses without any trouble. It was amazing.

Also, i'm blocked off from doing one of the adventure mode maps i've unlocked. It's not grayed out or anything but it says I need to complete some more Legend mode even though i've legitimately unlocked it already. It's the map 1 position up and 2 right from where you unlock Agitha. Has this happened to anyone else?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Kaubocks posted:

I unlocked Darunia.

Darunia's Strong Attack (the roll) can eat through Weak Point meters like nobody's business. Guy doesn't get nearly enough love, probably because his special attack kinda sucks.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Who cares about the art style, I've already sent like 5000 Stalkids back to their graves using a loving 8-bit wooden sword. I think it's safe to say that the art style really doesn't account for much for the guys at Koei Tecmo.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

I unlocked Darunia.

Uhh that actually seems like a very related note

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I haven't fool around with Darunia much. What's his bread and butter?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

ImpAtom posted:

I haven't fool around with Darunia much. What's his bread and butter?

XXXY, probably. It's like Impa's Water Ball, only it centers immediately in front of him. Also he jumps in the air when it does it, which I think means he'll dodge an incoming attack. Makes pretty short work of keeps.

He's also really, really easy to time because his swings are so big and deliberate. Swing, swing, swing, strong attack is an easy rhythm to get into.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Wind Waker dudes would fit in just fine. Have you looked at the Bokoblins and Moblins? Those things are already cartoons. Link and Tetra would be good additions, sure, but what we really need is some Medli and Makar action.

Also even if you have friends for Network Links or none at all, you'll still get random Links showing up too. That's how the level 99 ones showed up for me, I think I've only had one or two dudes on my list pop up so far.

JordanKai posted:

I need Punch Wizard Ganondorf in my life.

Do C5 for Warlock Fist. :haw:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
You have too much money, sink it into leveling up your characters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Inverness posted:

You have too much money, sink it into leveling up your characters.

Purchased levels are not true levels :colbert:. (I have like 400k+ rupees and don't even remember to buy the drop rate potions.)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

nah I'm good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
How do you do screenshots again? I've pressed the Home button when I want to get a screen but I'm not seeing an option for it.

• Locked thread