Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

The main argument for one thread is that you might miss something if it's split. Meanwhile, it's been suggested that all you need to do to keep up with the megathread is skip chunks of it because, of course you can't read all of it.
As contradictory as this may seem, it's not that hard to block off 1:05pm-4:15pm if you want the full GDT experience. Quick bathroom breaks, don't go out for food.

With split threads, you're guaranteed to not have the full experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

As contradictory as this may seem, it's not that hard to block off 1:05pm-4:15pm if you want the full GDT experience. Quick bathroom breaks, don't go out for food.

I'm not sure what this post is saying, but it is hilarious.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Post Free or Die

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

got any tips on good budget catheters bro

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chris de Sperg posted:

got any tips on good budget catheters bro
Ya just get some 1/3" tubing from Home Depot.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Ya just get some 1/3" tubing from Home Depot.

amateur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0u6Lb6RCz4

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

what is the full gdt experience

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Sour Diesel posted:

what is the full gdt experience

- open thread
- post thought on game
- watch next 2 plays
- return to thread list
- see 120 new replies in thread
- go get another beer
- text mom instead of posting in gdt

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I think the speed of the megathreads is grossly exaggerated, and it's a lot more than just reaction posts which, by the way, can just be scrolled through really quickly, but whatever.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

I think the speed of the megathreads is grossly exaggerated, and it's a lot more than just reaction posts which, by the way, can just be scrolled through really quickly, but whatever.

All the problems for both types of GDTs are grossly exaggerated and complete non-problems. Really split threads are just good because its easier for me to pick out the posts I want to read, aka the ones about the game I am actually watching, instead of all the bullshit posts made by lunatics about the games I do not care about in the slightest.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Borsche69 posted:

All the problems for both types of GDTs are grossly exaggerated and complete non-problems. Really split threads are just good because its easier for me to pick out the posts I want to read, aka the ones about the game I am actually watching, instead of all the bullshit posts made by lunatics about the games I do not care about in the slightest.

Mods, please only make GDTs of games that I care about. Thanks so much.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

football fuckerman posted:

- open thread
- post thought on game
- watch next 2 plays
- return to thread list
- see 120 new replies in thread
- go get another beer
- text mom instead of posting in gdt

what loser texts their mom

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah, he has a healthy relationship with his mother. What a fag.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, he has a healthy relationship with his mother. What a fag.

so why text instead of call

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

because football is on

god
country
football
mom

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Mods, please only make GDTs of games that I care about. Thanks so much.

This is the ideal situation that I initially suggested, with each game getting its own GDT.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

My mom prefers texting because she is cool and poo poo

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Borsche69 posted:

This is the ideal situation that I initially suggested, with each game getting its own GDT.

This would result in like 10 threads with maybe 7-12 posters max all just talking to each other for two pages and would be a boring pathetic waste of thread. We'd get one interesting thread where the most viewed/crazy game is happening, and a bunch of dead threads. There wouldn't be enough people watching a particular game when 9 others are on at the same time. Single Game GDTs only work when lots of posters are on the same game.

GDTs were and still are mostly just places to reaction post. Most people don't want to discuss and analyze during a game, they want to take in the game and lol when something happens. No one really reads because the game is on. The split threads have indeed slowed things down enough to participate in some chat if you are the lonely goon looking for that sort of thing, but still have enough games going on that it moves at a fast enough clip during the boring parts of your game to keep things fun.

Just keep it how it is now. Split early, all one thread late, single GDTs for primetime.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Most people don't want to discuss and analyze during a game, they want to take in the game and lol when something happens.

"most"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I kinda love that the poll worked out that way.

Also really hate it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Mom's busy cursing at the Steelers too and will never stop wearing her Mark Bruener jersey for reasons I can't figure out.

He stopped playing for the Steelers in 2003!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Read the threads. Most people are still just posting reactions a lot of the time. Split threads just make it a little easier to keep track of who is reacting to what. GDTs in all forms are essentially places to reaction post to what is happening. I'm never focused on a thread and what people are saying during a game, I'm watching the game and occasionally glancing to see if someone said a funny thing or to watch others reactions. Most complaints about the single thread in here is "moves too fast, can't follow who is reacting to what" but now with people able to tell who is reacting to what, its still mostly reaction posts.

Who actually reads GDTs? For me GDTs were always places to post our lols and see reactions when something stupid happens. But maybe that's because I tend to watch football with other people who I can talk to instead of posting and hoping someone decides to chat back.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 2, 2014

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

We call at halftime. Typically our feeds are very off in terms of time and that can be frustrating, as she'll react to a play about 10 seconds before I see it, then I demand to know what happened, and it's less fun for both of us

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
If not for my mom I would abandon the Browns entirely but she deserves to have someone to suffer with

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That happened a lot to me when I tried to skype games with my long distance girlfriend. Thankfully she was much more reserved than I when her feed was ahead but I would find myself watching her face trying to read micro expressions to see what was going to happen in the coming play.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Who actually reads GDTs? For me GDTs were always places to post our lols and see reactions when something stupid happens. But maybe that's because I tend to watch football with other people who I can talk to instead of posting and hoping someone decides to chat back.

I'm guessing like 170 people do.

The point of putting up a pole was to alleviate people posting their preference and saying "this is how everyone feels". Most of the posts in this thread are pretty pointless too, it's the same circular argument from before with everyone posting their personal preference like it means anything. The fact is that TFF is split on which route is best.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Borsche69 posted:

This pretty much happened with the Fox thread last week because t here was maybe one non-Packers/Bears post per page.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

We call at halftime. Typically our feeds are very off in terms of time and that can be frustrating, as she'll react to a play about 10 seconds before I see it, then I demand to know what happened, and it's less fun for both of us

my mom likes the oilers

my dad's mom poured beer on her at a chargers/oilers playoff game

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Ok it's taken me several drives to sort through the stats, but here is what the falcons should do on defense to stop this scrub rb that's gashing them: tackle him

Oh would you look at that while I made this highly researched and thought out post, the falcons gave up a 40 yard touchdown run. Sorry my analysis didn't come out in time to change the course of the game fellas next time I'll be faster

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Dave posted:

I'm guessing like 170 people do.

The point of putting up a pole was to alleviate people posting their preference and saying "this is how everyone feels". Most of the posts in this thread are pretty pointless too, it's the same circular argument from before with everyone posting their personal preference like it means anything. The fact is that TFF is split on which route is best.

Split votes, split threads. I may not like it, but I can appreciate the poetic quality.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Febreeze posted:

This would result in like 10 threads with maybe 7-12 posters max all just talking to each other for two pages and would be a boring pathetic waste of thread. We'd get one interesting thread where the most viewed/crazy game is happening, and a bunch of dead threads.

Good. All of the idiots won't poo poo up the good game thread with all their stupid loving posts about whatever retard team they like and are watching.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Febreeze posted:

Who actually reads GDTs?

If no one even reads GDTs, then why have GDTs. If you're just looking to post LOL or Holy poo poo, you can just say that, aloud, to yourself, while watching the game. If you want to see other people do this, you can do that at a bar, or in an IRC chatroom if you're so inclined.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

lol

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Sorry don't read that post just making sure my GDT button works still

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Good. All of the idiots won't poo poo up the good game thread with all their stupid loving posts about whatever retard team they like and are watching.

Oh poo poo, us "idiots" and our "retard teams" have been "owned" by, uh, whoever this guy is.

While the server can handle it, I don't really feel like scrolling through ten individual threads with five pages apiece just to find the N/V thread again.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Lessail posted:

Ok it's taken me several drives to sort through the stats, but here is what the falcons should do on defense to stop this scrub rb that's gashing them: tackle him

Oh would you look at that while I made this highly researched and thought out post, the falcons gave up a 40 yard touchdown run. Sorry my analysis didn't come out in time to change the course of the game fellas next time I'll be faster

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

If no one even reads GDTs, then why have GDTs. If you're just looking to post LOL or Holy poo poo, you can just say that, aloud, to yourself, while watching the game. If you want to see other people do this, you can do that at a bar, or in an IRC chatroom if you're so inclined.

:justpost:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Febreeze posted:

For me GDTs were always places to post our lols and see reactions when something stupid happens. But maybe that's because I tend to watch football with other people who I can talk to instead of posting and hoping someone decides to chat back.
Get out of here with your bourgeois watching football with friends routine. The rest of us loners need the company of GDTs to make it through the week.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kalli posted:

I kinda love that the poll worked out that way.

Also really hate it.

I want to believe everyone did the responsible thing in a checkbox poll, but I fear that people actually checked only their actual preferred choise. smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

If not for my mom I would abandon the Browns entirely but she deserves to have someone to suffer with

after all these years, all these jokes at family picnics, ham finally realizes that he wasn't an accident

• Locked thread