Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Actually seems more like an underestimation. I doubt anyone successful listens to him. I know that Sarah Silverman went from keeping up with him to refusing to even appear on the show since he doesn't even let his guests speak, even when they're personal friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Apoplexy posted:

No outcome of that trial could've made Adam as poor as 99.999% of the people who listen to him on a regular basis.

And.....???? Your point being that he should fall hard because the lawsuit was 100% frivolous, completely unreasonable, but he has money so gently caress it spend it on nothing?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No, the point is that he could've continued the lawsuit to even its worst end and still been well-off. He wasn't in any financial harm.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I don't think you understand the definition of harm.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No, I just think he really should go back to living off 30 grand a year, see how his poo poo attitude and politics change.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Veskit posted:

I don't think you understand the definition of harm.

oh no he'd have to sell a few cars :qq:

The people that donated to his defense fund are the same ones that buy every single one of his horrible books so I'm not particularly indignant, but don't pretend he had to do it to prevent anything resembling hardship or that it wasn't a masterful fleecing of his retarded fans

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
What's the deal with Podcast One? Does Carolla have some stake in it or are they just an advertiser? I could swear Dr Drew referred to them as part of the pirate ship on his on personal podcast. (The episode where he talks to his wife)

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Got my $10 signed copy of Not Taco Bell Material! He signed the dust jacket and the first page, very strange.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Better send him an extra $10 for the second signature.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Irish Joe posted:

Better send him an extra $10 for the second signature.

Blow some wind in the sails, get him back to zero, etc

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

Got my $10 signed copy of Not Taco Bell Material! He signed the dust jacket and the first page, very strange.

Nice! Did you send in a jacket of President Me?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

UltraRed posted:

Nice! Did you send in a jacket of President Me?

Actually for this copy I just sent him a check and a note asking for a signed book. This was before I found out he wanted you to send in the jacket for President Me so I wasn't sure if he'd honor it.

He removed the book jacket requirement later on so I sent him another check with the instructions here:
http://adamcarolla.com/signed-hardcover-not-taco-bell-material-only-10-2/

The envelope wasn't in my handwriting and was sent with stamps.com so I think i'll be getting a second copy.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

Actually for this copy I just sent him a check and a note asking for a signed book. This was before I found out he wanted you to send in the jacket for President Me so I wasn't sure if he'd honor it.

He removed the book jacket requirement later on so I sent him another check with the instructions here:
http://adamcarolla.com/signed-hardcover-not-taco-bell-material-only-10-2/

The envelope wasn't in my handwriting and was sent with stamps.com so I think i'll be getting a second copy.

Haha score! I like that he provided the envelope for the return send. That's a classy move. How big does the return envelope have to be?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

UltraRed posted:

Haha score! I like that he provided the envelope for the return send. That's a classy move. How big does the return envelope have to be?

9x12 and it doesn't need to be padded really.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Adam and August talked about the case some on today's podcast. It's worth a listen for that part.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

Veskit posted:

Adam and August talked about the case some on today's podcast. It's worth a listen for that part.

I love the lawyer continually pointing out that, "Yes, you can still be sued in the future if you get more successful." Along with Adam ignoring it for the most part.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

benito posted:

I love the lawyer continually pointing out that, "Yes, you can still be sued in the future if you get more successful." Along with Adam ignoring it for the most part.

The key was that server thing, so it still sounds like he's not getting sued anytime soon as long as he's not hosting anything. It was funny though that Mike is still stressed, as he should be if someone else with a ridiculous patent comes along.

Really interesting case, I really hope they get back to it as some point and really really dive into it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well if cbs appeals, there's a good chance they will invalidate the patent.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Am I the only one who likes Adam's live shows more than the regular ones?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Meatwave posted:

I love them. The drunker the better too.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I cannot wait for the next DAG appearance. "He told her, no Latins, Mandingos, no Negros..."

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

How amazing would a TV show where Adam teaches Norm and Gilbert Gottfried to drive be. Never going to happen but just imagine.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Does anyone know what's happened to Ace on the House? There hasn't been a new episode since early September.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Yeah there has, check the website. There was one just this morning.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

vote_no posted:

Does anyone know what's happened to Ace on the House? There hasn't been a new episode since early September.

One of the newish itunes updates tightened up the rules under which it stops downloading new podcasts on things you haven't listened to lately. It's fine for most shows, but some that are more infrequently updated get caught. Click on the show and look for that exclamation mark above the episode panel. Click that to resume updating. It's a little annoying. I guess disregard this if you don't use itunes.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I guess the feed I was using (on an Android app) stopped updating or something, because I manually added feeds.feedburner.com/AceOnTheHouse and the new episodes showed up in the list.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

vote_no posted:

I guess the feed I was using (on an Android app) stopped updating or something, because I manually added feeds.feedburner.com/AceOnTheHouse and the new episodes showed up in the list.

On the bright side, now you have a shitload of podcasts to burn through!

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Meatwave posted:

I prefer them. More energy, Adam has an audience to feed off of, the show just sounds...better.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Mokotow posted:

On the bright side, now you have a shitload of podcasts to burn through!

Yeah, and I've found that a break from Adam's nasally drone has led to increased enjoyment of his podcasts. Either that or his attitude is improving a bit.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

catching up on some of the shows the David Choe one is loving, AWESOME and Marlon Wayans is a funny dude just skip to that part.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Veskit posted:

catching up on some of the shows the David Choe one is loving, AWESOME and Marlon Wayans is a funny dude just skip to that part.

Why did David Choe keep saying Adam should charge for his podcast?

Dood may know his art, but he dont know poo poo about the podcast biz. Guess 200+ million makes you a little out of touch.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

David Choe is a horrible person.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Lampsacus posted:

David Choe is a horrible person.

Why come I don't know anything about him.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Sorry for the Buzzfeed link but

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/celebrity-graffiti-artist-david-choe-says-admission-of-rapey

I knew of him before and thought he was interesting on the podcast so I thought I'd listen to an episode of his own podcast. He was loving insufferable, incoherent and boring. That was post this rape thing and Asa Akira wasn't on it so maybe other episodes are different.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The topic came up on another podcast and Adam seems against ever charging for it. He said he views it like radio where you put on a show, run some ads, and that's that. He did mention something about offering a premium service but wasn't sure yet what it would be. But he sounded strongly against charging for the show.

One thing I think he could do is promote the "subscription" model that he uses for Adam & Drew. He should just ask fans to setup a Paypal subscription if they want for what they feel the show is worth. He's got so many diehard fans that I think he'd pull in a ton of money of people just throwing $5/month his way.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Davie Choe is just a regular guy who lucked into being a millionaire for doing something (graffiti, at the start) that millions never get a penny for doing. See also: Adam Carolla, a guy who isn't any different from any other radio host, yet stands out due to the luck of the draw.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

visuvius posted:

Sorry for the Buzzfeed link but

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/celebrity-graffiti-artist-david-choe-says-admission-of-rapey

I knew of him before and thought he was interesting on the podcast so I thought I'd listen to an episode of his own podcast. He was loving insufferable, incoherent and boring. That was post this rape thing and Asa Akira wasn't on it so maybe other episodes are different.

holy poo poo

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Well sorry I didn't know he was a rapist going into it. Myyyyyyy bad.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Sorry I'm many weeks behind on the podcast, but I just wanted to post here saying Holy Jesus gently caress the Trailer Park Boys were boring as gently caress in interview. TPB's is like one of the funniest shows ive ever seen and I was really looking forward to that episode. I was surprised at how dull they are when not in character. What a snoozer. Are they always that boring or did they have an off day? Jet Lag maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Sorry I'm many weeks behind on the podcast, but I just wanted to post here saying Holy Jesus gently caress the Trailer Park Boys were boring as gently caress in interview. TPB's is like one of the funniest shows ive ever seen and I was really looking forward to that episode. I was surprised at how dull they are when not in character. What a snoozer. Are they always that boring or did they have an off day? Jet Lag maybe?

Maybe, but you may just be seeing distilled comedy over a number of years when you see the Trailer Park Boys.