Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder 1-18 sale. Get it all.
https://www.comixology.com/Thor-God..._content=Marvel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder 1-18 sale. Get it all.
https://www.comixology.com/Thor-God..._content=Marvel

I was just coming here to ask if I should pay the 20 bux and buy all of it. Thanks for the extra push.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Worth noting that an oversized hardcover of the first 11 issues (the entire first arc) is coming out this November. Not that I would dissuade anyone from buying it in this sale, but it's probably my single favourite comic of the past 5 years and is worth owning in a nice, large printed format in case you're at all interested.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I was just coming here to ask if I should pay the 20 bux and buy all of it. Thanks for the extra push.

Well, if you want to save a bit, I didn't think much of the Malekith arc (#13-17) and as of the end of the series before the relaunch, the events didn't end up being too meaningful.
Everything else is gravy. Especially the #18 one-shot story about a partying dragon.

e: Though Malakith was featured in the splash page hyping the new series so maybe you might as well. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever read.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 29, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The Malakith stuff is very much end game building by Aaron. It's going to come back big time later on in the series.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I thought 13-17 was better than the other stuff, though I have reread it unlike the other stuff. I loved the art, humour and characters in it. It was bright and fun and for me the best part of the series.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
Yeah, people should totally hop on that Thor sale, I really enjoyed the series.

As for the Malakith arc, it's my least favorite arc but it's still pretty good, it's kind of meaningful for Iron Man and yeah, we have yet to see it pay it off.

Also, the dragon issue is absolutely awesome.

Great way to catch up before the new Aaron Thor series.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

N52 Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest and Geoff Johns JSA sale.
https://www.comixology.com/Earth-2-Sale/page/3635?tid=B140930001_DC_Earth_2_Sale

I still have to crack into my JSA omnibus, but I can vouch for Earth 2 and tell you not to buy Worlds' Finest.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Comixology is also discounting IDW crossovers to 99 cents per issue. Does anyone know which of these are worthwhile/crap?

GI Joe / Transformers
Danger Girl / GI Joe
Infestation (multi-franchise crossover)
Mars Attacks / multi again
Star Trek / Legion of Super-Heroes
Star Trek TNG / Doctor Who
X-Files / multi
Cartoon Network Super Secret Crisis War (#1)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No idea, I grabbed the GI Joe/Danger Girl one mostly because the trade has the lead from Danger Girl cosplaying as Destro, which is dumb enough to appeal to the part of me that likes campy/trashy poo poo.

The X-Files one seems to just about hit that line too, considering it'll apparently have Mulder & Scully meet the Turtles.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The Judge Dredd/Mars Attacks sounds too weird to pass up. Also was bat boy on one of the covers?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Is that the current GI Joe/Transformers? Because that one's the balls. That comic is pure manic energy. It's got way more soul than any licensed comic I can think of.

I'm pretty sure they have issue #0 for free so you can see for yourself.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Is that the current GI Joe/Transformers? Because that one's the balls. That comic is pure manic energy. It's got way more soul than any licensed comic I can think of.

I'm pretty sure they have issue #0 for free so you can see for yourself.

Nope, those are the old ones. This is the new series:
https://www.comixology.com/Transformers-vs-G-I-Joe/comics-series/21179

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Finally caved and picked up the Valiant Humble Bundle. Holy lord this is 5GB of comic books!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's an Oni Humble Bundle now. It includes some good stuff.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...I don't even think you can get Scott Pilgrim digitally outside of this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

(at least) A buck for six issues of Letter 44 is ridiculous. Get that poo poo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

...I don't even think you can get Scott Pilgrim digitally outside of this.

Except here

https://www.comixology.com/Scott-Pilgrim-Color/comics-series/8940

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Letter 44 is loving awesome and I Was the Cat is pretty entertaining. I've not really heard anyone else talk about it though.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sixth Gun is solid (horror/fantasy western with cursed magical guns and demons) and Stumptown is great (modern day detective story)

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Space Fish posted:

Comixology is also discounting IDW crossovers to 99 cents per issue. Does anyone know which of these are worthwhile/crap?

GI Joe / Transformers
Danger Girl / GI Joe
Infestation (multi-franchise crossover)
Mars Attacks / multi again
Star Trek / Legion of Super-Heroes
Star Trek TNG / Doctor Who
X-Files / multi
Cartoon Network Super Secret Crisis War (#1)

FYI in case anyone was curious: Infestation is complete garbage.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

"OOPS! The content you are looking for is not currently available."

EDIT: Tricksy Amazon. Because I have a UK IP address, it won't show anything not available on Comixology here, even if I use the .com domain. I literally didn't know that until right now, because I assumed they'd do it like they do for the actual Amazon store, and for Audible, where you can at least see stuff. Accessed it through Hola and it shows up.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 1, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

"OOPS! The content you are looking for is not currently available."

It works fine for me.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I've never heard of most of these comics aside from Sixth Gun and Bad Machinery, but they sound really interesting.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

More DRM-free stuff on comiXology. Soon, Marvel, then, much later, DC!
http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/98909847413/drm-free-update-archie-comics-and-alternative

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've been buying more comics than ever before just because of the convinience of it, it takes less than two minutes to buy a comic and start reading it now. The same with Music. But some of the larger industries don't recognize that and punish legitimate buyers instead of the people pirating things. Just make it easier to purchase for everyone and they'll probably pirate less!

DRM Free is a great step forward. Music and Movies could learn a lot from comics, ironically.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Uthor posted:

http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/98909847413/drm-free-update-archie-comics-and-alternative
Good stuff. Comixology is a great service but good lord does the library management suck royal.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 2, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Uthor posted:

I'd say Disney allowing DRM free comics would be somewhere between 0% and -100% of happening.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

I'd say Disney allowing DRM free comics would be somewhere between 0% and -100% of happening.

True. Forgot Marvel is owned by them (and was being cheeky in the first place), but I still think DC's incompetence may still trump it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Neither one is going to make comics DRM free, ever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Due to Axis I assume the bundle this week will be a Rick Remender series (hoping its Uncanny X-force, and the sale will be Magneto and Uncanny Avengers on Monday.

Looks like I was wrong todays sale is Uncanny Avengers 1-18. Its hard for me to recommend this

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 3, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think it's great after the opening Cassaday drawn arc. It gets pretty close to UXF levels for me in the Apocalypse twins storyline.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think it's great after the opening Cassaday drawn arc. It gets pretty close to UXF levels for me in the Apocalypse twins storyline.

Seconded. As soon as Apocalypse shows up it gets good.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Is the Age of Ultron tie-in part of the story? The description suggests that it involves the Apocalypse Twins, but since they didn't collect it with the arc for the trade it seems like it could go either way.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Is the Age of Ultron tie-in part of the story? The description suggests that it involves the Apocalypse Twins, but since they didn't collect it with the arc for the trade it seems like it could go either way.

It does collect it in Uncanny Avengers trade 2.

On another note todays sale is Uncanny X-force and Venom 1-17. They are loving awesome.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

And Franken-Castle!!!

Also, Image sale. It's more of their newer series, not the stuff that's been on sale before.
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=4051

Gonna grab Wicked + Divine as I hear great things
Starlight is actually a good and emotionally mature Mark Millar book. Seriously! And the art is amazing.
Southern Bastards is a love and hate letter to the South.
Definitely picking up Trees because I'm a sucker for Ellis and the first issue piqued my interest.
And I have the first issue of Shutter. It did nothing for me. Will probably skip it.

Anything else worth checking out?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man that's crazy. Over-generous indie sales just make me not want to ever buy these things full price because they might be on sale a month later.
But, anyway. Lots of poo poo I can catch up on, so, cool!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 6, 2014

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
You would think that the Remender sale would at least include the entire Venom and Punisher run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

You would think that the Remender sale would at least include the entire Venom and Punisher run.

It does include all the Venom issues he wrote by himself. It just sucks that most of them are crossover related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I love Matt Fraction's Marvel stuff. Will I love Satellite Sam?