Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The new Talk'n Shop features Bob Sapp: Financial Advisor and it is fantastic. Millionaire Hoot needs to be a regular guest.

I love it so much. Every minute of it is amazing. In the second part, drink whenever he says "I'M FAMOUS IN JAPAN".

Spoiler: his financial advice is "buy everything used from a pawn shop" and, I mean, I've heard worse financial advice before.

e: I also love that he doesn't remember AJ's name. "That guy who does the flips" hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

There have been some crazy drinking stories on Austin's podcast but Austin passing out in a urinal in a Holiday Inn in West Virginia and DDP having to carry him to his room has to be near the top of the list.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

e: I also love that he doesn't remember AJ's name. "That guy who does the flips" hahahahaha

Haha yeah and then Anderson says something like "Oh you mean the current IWGP Champion AJ Styles?"

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I actually enjoyed today's Ross Report with Magnum TA. He's an old mid-south guy so I guess I shouldn't be surprised as it seems those are the good ones for that particular show.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Haha yeah and then Anderson says something like "Oh you mean the current IWGP Champion AJ Styles?"

"He's in our group!" I was dying.

Question: I listened to it but don't remember, did Austin ever ask Vader about the whole 'not bathing or washing his singlet' thing on his podcast?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

flashy_mcflash posted:

"He's in our group!" I was dying.

Question: I listened to it but don't remember, did Austin ever ask Vader about the whole 'not bathing or washing his singlet' thing on his podcast?

I don't think so, but my memory of it is fuzzy too.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I just got the hardcover revised/expanded Death of WCW in the mail and the foreword by Dave is dated October 2014. I'm calling BS, guys.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Andy Dufresne posted:

I just got the hardcover revised/expanded Death of WCW in the mail and the foreword by Dave is dated October 2014. I'm calling BS, guys.

Did you notice the dedication page?

To Dixie and Bob

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
The new second epilogue about TNA isn't terribly insightful but it's drat funny, and the very last line made me go ":neckbeard:" in real life.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...He's actually going to write it, isn't he?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

...He's actually going to write it, isn't he?

God I hope so. Though I imagine it won't be started or published until after the company goes out of business, which at this rate will be never. The company's a goddamn cockroach.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I actually enjoyed today's Ross Report with Magnum TA. He's an old mid-south guy so I guess I shouldn't be surprised as it seems those are the good ones for that particular show.

I liked it but I noticed that JR once again didn't follow up on some very good openings left by Magnum, particularly when he's explaining what he's done for a career since his accident. This happens fairly frequently with JR's interviews but this time JR casually mentioned they were talking about it before the show. I realized that basically JR has already gotten his natural conversational stuff out of the way BEFORE the interview starts, which can make for a stilted interview since JR seems determined to ask a question, get an answer and then just ask the next question rather than reflecting on/expanding on the answer just given.

I mean, you'd think somebody like JR would have been all over Magnum's post-wrestling career as another example of what he always told young wrestlers - to have a back-up plan. Magnum TA is after all an amazing example of somebody who was on the cusp of having it all, losing everything in an accident, and yet being in a position to rebuild his life.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Meltzer's new foreword is just the old one rewritten but worse. what was even the point. he even lifts entire lines

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

tbe new foreword is actually entirely different. are you sure you're not referring to the original foreword which is also included immediately after it

that said i didn't like the new foreword much, i found it pretty hard to follow

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 2, 2014

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Is the revised edition available for sale yet? If so, where can we get it?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Is the revised edition available for sale yet? If so, where can we get it?

amazon has it and is shipping it already

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cool, thanks!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I finished everything but the TNA chapter and the Epilogue. It was a really good read.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Dave had a pretty great deadpan burn on today's WOR

"Karl Etherington has a 9-0 record in MMA"
"What was his level of competition?"
"Not much, I mean he's British"

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
the best non-JT british fighter is michael loving bisping lol

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Wrestling With Marks-ism - Episode 14 "The Kingdom Must Fall"

Like you haven't said Chris Christie rather than Todd Chrisley before!

WWM Jeopardy Champion Zarikov went to the ROH TV Taping in Wheeling, WV over the weekend. This was the first time he went to a show without me. It was also the first time ROH ran this venue. Along with hearing about that, we do our Raw Top 3, Fozzy playing our home town, Demons, and the other various things we tend talk about that only people who know us IRL somewhat care about.

RSS Feed
Show Twitter that no one follows
ExplodeYourself
Zarikov

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is anyone getting the Kindle version of the new Death of WCW, and if so, can you say anything about the quality? I've seen some Kindle versions of books that were pretty garbage, but it would be a lot more convenient for me if I could get it on Kindle. I'm always wary of getting Kindle versions without much of a preview, though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

CVagts posted:

Is anyone getting the Kindle version of the new Death of WCW, and if so, can you say anything about the quality? I've seen some Kindle versions of books that were pretty garbage, but it would be a lot more convenient for me if I could get it on Kindle. I'm always wary of getting Kindle versions without much of a preview, though.

I've got it, it's fine. Kindle editions are generally pretty good now.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
If you bought a physical edition, you can email ECW Press to get a digital version too. Check one of the back few pages for the details.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
huh

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

La Parka got fat big-boned.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

the Jericho interview with Hornswoggle is a good listen. I love the stuff about him and his kid, and how his kid doesn't see him as little (though he seems to recognize that Torito is).

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

there's another one where it says flair/savage had a title match at mania 13. how can i trust this book now

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

To be fair, whomever at ECW Press that was in charge of editing this book is some kind of hero. A cursory glance at a typical Observer is proof enough that copy-editing Meltzer is like trying to do a jigsaw puzzle in a hurricane.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

flashy_mcflash posted:

To be fair, whomever at ECW Press that was in charge of editing this book is some kind of hero. A cursory glance at a typical Observer is proof enough that copy-editing Meltzer is like trying to do a jigsaw puzzle in a hurricane.

Editing Meltzer on this book must've been an impossible task.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

meltzer didn't write it but r.d. reynolds is also really bad, especially when trying to present a timeline.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Copy editing Meltzer isn't that hard.

It just looks hard because the people doing the copy editing probably have no business editing copy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

double post

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

meltzer says "very unique" within like the first 2 pages even though he supposedly was once a journalist

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
he always says poo poo like that. recently his use of "is, was" has been doing my tits in.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hating Colt Cabana is en vogue here now, but Cliff Compton'a bachelorette party story on the most recent AoW is awesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Hating Colt Cabana is en vogue here now, but Cliff Compton'a bachelorette party story on the most recent AoW is awesome.

Is it? I love Colt's podcast. Its consistently good.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Colt is cool and he has a good podcast.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Cliff episode is great.

My heart skipped a beat when he started talking about "fans" in "Knoxville"

I was like "Oh no please don't mention me asking you how big Batista's dick is"

EDIT: Also yeah Jericho with Hornswoggle was great, but I'm not wanting to see Origins now. It's not cheesy? Why bother? Leprechaun was good because it was a goofy cheesy movie with ridiculous over the top comedy deaths.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Copy editing Meltzer isn't that hard.

It just looks hard because the people doing the copy editing probably have no business editing copy.

The funniest thing here is you think anyone proofreads the Observer before Dave posts it.

• Locked thread