Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

graph posted:

"feels good in the hand" is like the ultimate tell that someone has no idea about design or anything

"feels good in the hand" ≡ "heavy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
basically if you get a review of something that already seems pretty poo poo where they don't even mention "feels good in the hand", it's such a crappy product that there's nothing to say to redeem it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

some of the comments on joanna's review are really really sexist but more importantly super mad about the cheese thing

it was really funny, so that's obviously going to make people the maddest

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kenny Logins posted:

some of the comments on joanna's review are really really sexist

sh-shocking...!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

prefect posted:

is that a trampoline?

sadly no.

not that i'd trust the stability of any blackberry platform

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines posted:

not that i'd trust the stability of any blackberry platform
nice!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
my boss likes blackberry

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

gret posted:

In thinking about it, this review could stand in as a metaphor for women in the workplace. Mrs Stern doesn't need a "work phone" she needs one that she can use to play on... and play at business. When given a power tool to use she finds that she is not comfortable with it. I'm sure this would also be true if she was given a power saw, a major court case, a billion or two to manage or a major story to report.

Mrs Stern, like her children, should stick with the iPhone. It is made for women and children to use. Easy to use and to master, the iPhone will not tax their intellect or their (limited) attention.

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

FMguru posted:

Typical MSM review of a BB technology. Apple can put cow dung in a box and said reviewer will be declaiming its cutting edge technology and 'cool' factor. I bought a Passport. Blows iphone and android away and is easily the best phone I have used. In fact ms reviewer the PP is a Phablet - meaning it is supposed to be larger than your little iphone 4 and the target market are high end professionals who use a lot of data, files, or need a productivity tool. Not housemoms and teenies who cling to their Apple bibles. Male professionals will love the PP. Females interested in 'chatting', snapchatting, and pretty colors will stay with their bendable iphones. Media is so far in the bag for Apple it is embarrassing.

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I really want to know what all these Serious Business dudes actually do for a living because "lead tech writer for one of the world's most popular media outlets" seems like more of a real job than "regional sales manager for a cardboard box company"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

I really want to know what all these Serious Business dudes actually do for a living

they're in mom's basement living off disability

no, really

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

qirex posted:

I really want to know what all these Serious Business dudes actually do for a living

half unemployed, half eternal middle management

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Wait until they fond out she's gay.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Bonzo posted:

Wait until they fond out she's gay.

i know, lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FMguru posted:

Male professionals will love the PP.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it was a nice touch for the guy to give her children as well

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/29/blackberry-is-gonna-get-weird-with-smartphone-design-at-least-once-a-year/

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

200,000 lmfao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

quote:

BlackBerry has come up with the amazing tagline “Work Wide” to highlight its significant span

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

they've gone from not publicly producing sales numbers out of shame to being proud of 200,000 units sold

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mishaq posted:

being proud of 200,000 units sold

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

mishaq posted:

200,000 lmfao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

quote:

The firm celebrated selling 200,000 of the devices during its launch week, and said the device resulted in a gross profit for its hardware business

gross profit (before development costs are considered)!

or maybe they've fired so many people it's just middle management directors and VPs having people in indonesia do all the design work

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

holy poo poo he mad http://berryflow.com/2014/09/blackberry-passport-versus-media/
highlights include a million instances of "real work" and calling Joanna Stern a "soccer mom"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnzLBn0TzBg

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 2, 2014

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

incredibly misleading technical error in the first 7 seconds

i don't think even andoids will distort videoconferences like that

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

does the passport deal coke

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

a man best known for poor decisions and portraying a character who is a grunting, tool-obsessed accident-prone retard with no real understanding of it

great idea for viral spokesman for a blackberry

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

he started that spot by saying he has the new iphone which is wonderful but check out this weird thing. a blackberry and he professes to have never heard of the company before this device

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Kenny Logins posted:

he started that spot by saying he has the new iphone which is wonderful but check out this weird thing. a blackberry and he professes to have never heard of the company before this device

they're really gunning for the wacky angle, huh? that's their great strategy?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
embrace your weaknesses & turn them into strengths, i guess

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
It is critical that we remember the real victims of the Holocaust: the Soviets.

Claiming that the Holocaust was about Jews is Zionism. Biden is doing it to provide cover to Israel!

qirex posted:

holy poo poo he mad http://berryflow.com/2014/09/blackberry-passport-versus-media/
highlights include a million instances of "real work" and calling Joanna Stern a "soccer mom"

quote:

My question to the many tech bloggers and tech enthusiasts who have already posted a review of the BlackBerry Passport: At what point did we become defendants and preachers of inanimate objects like mobile devices?

irony is dead, so on and so forth

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

uninterrupted posted:

irony is dead, so on and so forth
that whole article is a treat from the opening sentence

quote:

Amidst the iCloud hacking scandal, the iPhone 6 Bluetooth connectivity issue with cars, Apple pulling back its faulty software update which left phones unusable, the iPhone 6 Plus device bending under pressure, a rather nasty bug that exposed yet another major Apple security flaw with their HealthKit apps, and the U2 album that was invasively installed in everyone’s iCloud account without anyone’s permission, the BlackBerry Passport still managed to receive the most criticism and mockery from, what seems to be, an Apple/Android “zombified” media.
finally, someone willing to point to the flaming corpse of apples credibility in the wake of the iphone 6 bluetooth car connectivity scandal

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

well black berry beat apple's  Watch with the BlackBerry DeathWatch years ago.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

qirex posted:

lol at the huge photo of himself 1/2 way through the article

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
wow is that him hes v attractive

poty
Jun 21, 2008

just thinking of him looking at me in the club and going whats up girl makes my knees go weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

and im a straight man

• Locked thread