Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

I only want to play as Ayane cause she spins non-stop and it looks totally sweet when she fights. Will I ever get anywhere with her or is she just a dumb gimmick.

Well the good news is you picked a good mix up character, bad news is you're coming in late to the game where everybody knows everybody's tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

beep by grandpa posted:

I only want to play as Ayane cause she spins non-stop and it looks totally sweet when she fights. Will I ever get anywhere with her or is she just a dumb gimmick.

Even if someone knows character metagames, Ayane's is hard to deal with at range against most people, as long as you mixup well.

Usually, stuff like her backwards spin 1P+K and the movement options she get when she's back turned.

Best place to start is here: http://www.freestepdodge.com/forums/ayane.29/

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
New update with NyoTengu and ver 1.09 coming early September, a week from now, so get your wallets ready for spinning piledrivers.

Don't forget to say your last farewells to the Genfu and Leon infinites before they are patched.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
DOA5: Last Round announced and is expected to be released early 2015 on PS3, PS4, Xbox360 and XboxOne.

http://youtu.be/dUSj4qgMLgQ

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/uk/top.html

New content and cross-platform (PS3 to PS4/X360 to XOne) netplay is going to be possible along with sharing DLC content between the current gen and last gen platforms of the same family.

1.09 was released today along with Nyo/NeoTengu for US and JP PSN. EU has to wait for another day.

She's fairly straight forward.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

uncleKitchener posted:

DOA5: Last Round announced and is expected to be released early 2015 on PS3, PS4, Xbox360 and XboxOne.

http://youtu.be/dUSj4qgMLgQ

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/uk/top.html

New content and cross-platform (PS3 to PS4/X360 to XOne) netplay is going to be possible along with sharing DLC content between the current gen and last gen platforms of the same family.

1.09 was released today along with Nyo/NeoTengu for US and JP PSN. EU has to wait for another day.

She's fairly straight forward.

Am I reading this right? XBones and 360's will be able to play with each other?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Neo Helbeast posted:

Am I reading this right? XBones and 360's will be able to play with each other?

That's what I've heard apparently. Would be pretty good for those who actually care about online I guess. You can share dlc content between the platforms through your account anyway, so it depends if you can play with other players from the same console family. They both use the same engine, so my guess is that yes and I think I read about it somewhere, but I'm too lazy to dig it back up.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I have a few spergy system type questions about DOA5 if ya'll don't mind. Just as a heads up I'm basically coming at this with a head full of Virtua Fighter system knowledge and since DOA is (loosely) based on VF I want to see how some ideas apply by comparison, if at all.

High attacks are generally considered poor attacks in VF, especially if they come in a string as anything but the first hit since good players can easily react with a high crush move (either 2P or whatever juicier option your character has). Single jabs and things like safe full circulars are still really useful, but in general you wanna limit your use of highs a lot due to how easy they are to abare through.

It seems like in DOA highs would find a lot more value during the opponent's stun animation though, since they can't duck or evade easily. Is that true? It seems like watching match videos people mostly stick with mids, but I don't know the move properties I'm seeing for sure obviously, just going by what it looks like people are doing. Is there something about stuns that makes highs still a poor choice in those situations, like they whiff due to characters being doubled over or whatever?

Also kinda related, how common are high crush type moves (i.e. an attack that completely and immediately ducks high attacks on startup)? I can understand if the hold system kind of replaces the need for these but I'm curious if they still exist and how useful they are.

My other big question is about reverse nitaku. In VF when you're in an obvious disadvantage situation but not actually punishable you're essentially in a mix-up where the opponent can try to hit you or throw you, and there's no way to flat out avoid the throw. You can attack through it though since attacks are throw invincible all the way through, starting on frame 1. So, the best way to shift the odds in your favor a bit more in a disadvantaged situation is to just throw out a launcher when you think the other guy is gonna try for a throw, so you'll get a full combo for being right (as opposed to just mashing crouch jab or something smaller, which bad players tend to do).

In DOA it seems like this situation comes about often during stuns, and often I see people throw other players that are trying a bit too hard to reverse their way out of stuns. I don't know if I've ever seen someone attack out of the stun to hit through the throw attempt though. Is it not possible to mash out of the stun into an attack, or is there something about this situation that makes it not advantageous at all to try this? How to do you punish someone that you know is going to try for a throw on your stun animation?

Appreciate any indulgences of my lovely questions!

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Yeah, I'd like to correct myself regarding something I said about cross-gen net play, which actually turned out to be false, so sorry if I got your hopes up, people.

Trykt posted:

I have a few spergy system type questions about DOA5 if ya'll don't mind. Just as a heads up I'm basically coming at this with a head full of Virtua Fighter system knowledge and since DOA is (loosely) based on VF I want to see how some ideas apply by comparison, if at all.

Always happy to answer any question. I play both games, so I hope I can give valuable info.

quote:

High attacks are generally considered poor attacks in VF, especially if they come in a string as anything but the first hit since good players can easily react with a high crush move (either 2P or whatever juicier option your character has). Single jabs and things like safe full circulars are still really useful, but in general you wanna limit your use of highs a lot due to how easy they are to abare through.

It seems like in DOA highs would find a lot more value during the opponent's stun animation though, since they can't duck or evade easily. Is that true? It seems like watching match videos people mostly stick with mids, but I don't know the move properties I'm seeing for sure obviously, just going by what it looks like people are doing. Is there something about stuns that makes highs still a poor choice in those situations, like they whiff due to characters being doubled over or whatever?

Considering that DOA jabs are minus on (normal)hit and block (sometimes even on counter hit), you might initially think that they may end up being not very useful in the neutral game, especially with high holds. The thing is, it's all character dependent since there are varied speed of jabs and highs ranging from 9i, 10i, 11i, 13i up to 14i with NyoTengu, though she's special. Each character has different types of transitions from their jabs. Some are just high-highs while others have high-mid to more varied transitions.

Good thing about some of these transitions are that some string follow-up track on the second hit or some end up beating out sidestep attempts from the first hit.

http://youtu.be/V4GmEKqXFqE

High full circulars in this game are actually not plus on block, but some are safe and some come in string format, but this is all character dependent (which is also the case in VF). Some characters don't even have that, but might end up with one decent mid tracking move (see Eliot and Kokoro to some extent).

In terms of abare, characters with high priority jabs will try to mash their way out 80% of situations, even if they are at major disadvantage especially against slow characters. Abare seems to be the norm with the majority of people since you're covering some options here: a) since there are no throw breaks in this game (exceptions are normal throws and chain throws) and throws different in speed and come in different tiers, you use your character's high and/or mid crush move to go through high priority attacks and throws and b) while striking you can option select by buffering a hold if you guess an incoming string. The latter is pretty useful and is used all the time by high level players, because you really won't pay for it unless your opponent really catches up and give you a hi-counter throw (doesn't happen that often).

Now, if a character with a catch throw catches on to it, then they'll start punishing you that way, depending on weather you use a standing or crouching move.

High attacks like jabs or hits which cause a list stun and extend the stun threshold are very good in those situations as they count as stun extenders and keep an opponent in check to see how they will react and you can punish them if they try to for example low hold if you react to it. It also prevents them from stagger escaping from deep stuns and force them to start holding if they want to escape a situations. They do small damage and generic PP strings can actually be done twice in stun for extending the threshold unlike other strings. In case you get a double over like a limbo stun, there may be a chance that highs may not connects on some characters in this game due to hitboxes, which is character and height dependent. Sit down stuns are pretty much for mid attacks. Most guarantee a followup, so they're good. Crumple gut stuns which are not stagger escapable can have highs connect, even if they may seem like the opponent is in a crouching state (one example of this is Bass Sidestep K on counter hit into 8K).

Tick throw setups with highs are also really good in this game since throws are unbreakable and most people would use a command throw in that situation.

If you want generic pokes like jab, elbows and 2Ps, I would suggest sticking to the VF characters. Their jabs are all +1 on block and usually +2 on hit.

quote:

Also kinda related, how common are high crush type moves (i.e. an attack that completely and immediately ducks high attacks on startup)? I can understand if the hold system kind of replaces the need for these but I'm curious if they still exist and how useful they are.

High crushes are very common in this game. There are crushes with some characters who can straight up crush highs and mids with their pokes, like GenFu with the 3P that can only be beat by true mids and lows (and catch throws, but in some situations that may not be possible). Some crush immediately while others have a specific crush window, but generally, every character has at the very least one instant crush and each has it's own application. No 2P in this game is generic and some even have strings from 2Ps. Some are plus on hit, others are minus or straight up punishable on normal hit (very rare). If you like a character, check his/her basic pokes. That should in some way indicate how you can or cannot play it.

Characters like Helena and Brad also have special stances where they avoid a whole lot of things even some lows. Characters like Christie and Bayman have special side-step stances where they crush highs and step linears at the same time and they even have followups from these.

Crush effects can sometimes differ against characters with different height variables, but this is for the minority of crushes.

If Lau was in this game, I would have bet money Team Ninja would've given him crushes that would go through both highs and mids.

quote:

My other big question is about reverse nitaku. In VF when you're in an obvious disadvantage situation but not actually punishable you're essentially in a mix-up where the opponent can try to hit you or throw you, and there's no way to flat out avoid the throw. You can attack through it though since attacks are throw invincible all the way through, starting on frame 1. So, the best way to shift the odds in your favor a bit more in a disadvantaged situation is to just throw out a launcher when you think the other guy is gonna try for a throw, so you'll get a full combo for being right (as opposed to just mashing crouch jab or something smaller, which bad players tend to do).

Punishment in this game primarily comes from throws, so this is important.

Fuzzying is this game isn't as safe as in VF where all regular command throws are all 11i and elbows around 14i, but it's still very important in DOA, but get used to sometimes forgoing fuzzy guarding or just ducking to avoid throws and punishing them.

Now, this doesn't mean that people can't just fuzzy guard the mixups, but considering that throw speed is variable in this game and catch throws are very hard to fuzzy, most people might want to go for either a standing or crouching attack. Fuzzying is good for situations where you are disadvantage around 0~-4 where you're not punishable but grapplers or 0~-5 with normal characters. That way you can fuzzy through most normal (4i for grapplers, 5i for non grapplers) and tier 1 throws (6i for grapplers, 7i for non-grapplers) and elbows and react to most sweeps since they're usually around 19-22 frames. Now, if you're -7 against a grappler, prepare yourself for punishment. If you think they might miss the opportunity, start pressing buttons, but be prepared for counter blows if they read you correctly.

This is why people usually try to press buttons in those situations and why you see so many counter hits in this game, even at high level play. People loving hate throws and if they're the impatient type, you can easily get under their skin or scare the poo poo out of em.

There is an option select for when you're only punishable by normal throws and that is to throw out a launcher or a poke while mashing throw tech, which is a sure way of escaping normal throw and avoiding tier 1 or slower command throws. On the other hand you can lose to catch throws since most tier 1 Offensive Holds start at around 16i. That's all part of the mind games.

quote:

In DOA it seems like this situation comes about often during stuns, and often I see people throw other players that are trying a bit too hard to reverse their way out of stuns. I don't know if I've ever seen someone attack out of the stun to hit through the throw attempt though. Is it not possible to mash out of the stun into an attack, or is there something about this situation that makes it not advantageous at all to try this? How to do you punish someone that you know is going to try for a throw on your stun animation?

Throwing a holding opponent is easier when they're in stun because the recovery on the hold is longer than when they're in neutral and this allows people to better react and throw. Throwing is also the primary punish for holds, but offensive and defensive ones.

Defensive holds are the reversals 4H, 6H, 7H, 1H, etc, including sabakis and parries.
Offensive holds are catch throws like 66H+Ps. Not all characters have Offensive Holds in this game.

If you throw an opponent who is trying to hold your incoming attack, you throw them for massive damage. This is actually the best way for a grappler to get massive damage. Throw a hold and get 150% over your original damage and kill someone with two or three throws if you're using your higher damaging throws. Pretty much like a Burning Hammer situation, except that it's inescapable.

quote:

Appreciate any indulgences of my lovely questions!

No problem. I think I sperged too much but I tried to give any relevant info I could. Sorry for the wall of text.

If you can give me a specific example of a character(s), I could try and go through their moves and applications and give a list of useful moves.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 24, 2014

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Whelp, I got IP banned from FSD.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Neo Helbeast posted:

Whelp, I got IP banned from FSD.

What? Why?

I can talk to Matt if Brute was being a shithead. What's your FSD username?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

uncleKitchener posted:

What? Why?

I can talk to Matt if Brute was being a shithead. What's your FSD username?

I think it was CyberEvil and not Brute.

I called a dude "literally retarded" for posting this: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/i-hate-nyotengu.4928/(I still think he's really dumb). I don't actually care that much, I find that ineptitude runs deep in the FSD community and I really don't feel like I am missing anything being banned. Also, I had two accounts named Not Lopedo and Not XCaliber BladeZ. I probably could have gotten banned for impersonation at any time since FSD's terms of use are so massively vague in regards to it's harassment clause.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Neo Helbeast posted:

I think it was CyberEvil and not Brute.

I called a dude "literally retarded" for posting this: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/i-hate-nyotengu.4928/(I still think he's really dumb). I don't actually care that much, I find that ineptitude runs deep in the FSD community and I really don't feel like I am missing anything being banned. Also, I had two accounts named Not Lopedo and Not XCaliber BladeZ. I probably could have gotten banned for impersonation at any time since FSD's terms of use are so massively vague in regards to it's harassment clause.

He could've just done a probation-style ban and called you an idiot or something. I made the suggestion for a probation system similar to SA to Matt a year ago with some of the mods present like Hubbs and CyberEvil, but I got no reply back and people usually just get banned for a few days according Matt himself. He probably thought you were a troll if your IP pointed towards those two other accounts.

Personally, I've been distancing myself from idiots/pubbies in general and ignoring anyone who posts something stupid. I had both CyberEvil and Brute on my ignore list before they were made mods.

Can you still access the site via VPN? I won't mind doing regular updates on this thread again in case there is some major news or scans, but then again, D3v does regular DOA updates on SRK.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I did actually pick this game up finally and I've found FSD to be as bad or worse for white noise to useful info ratio as SRK.

I'm currently learning Tina, hit me with your hot pro tipzzzzz

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

uncleKitchener posted:

Personally, I've been distancing myself from idiots/pubbies in general and ignoring anyone who posts something stupid. I had both CyberEvil and Brute on my ignore list before they were made mods.

Holy poo poo they're mods now? That's hilarious, kinda glad I stopped posting there. Matt is pretty cool though I hope he's at TFC this year.

Trykt are you going to be at TFC next week? I want to play 3d fighters with you again even though I am horrible at them 100%, just to learn more of the theory.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Yep I won't be really entering any games but I'll be around to play lots of stuff in the arcade/byoc room and cheer on my Raleigh bros!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Trykt posted:

Yep I won't be really entering any games but I'll be around to play lots of stuff in the arcade/byoc room and cheer on my Raleigh bros!

I won't be running Divekick this year or anything so I'll probably be hanging around there as well when I'm not running for bracket volunteers/cheering on Charlotte folks. You'll have to teach me some more VF stuff.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
We should meet up, I gotta get my VF fix.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I'll be sure to have my VF setup then. I'll have you fuzzy guarding in no time. Then I'll do a bunch of stupid dirty sideturned poo poo that will completely justify any table flipping that occurs afterward.

Neo Helbeast are you a Raleigh native or coming in from out of town?

Protip, there's a food truck rodeo downtown on Sunday, 10 minutes from the hotel. Just sayin.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Trykt posted:

I'll be sure to have my VF setup then. I'll have you fuzzy guarding in no time. Then I'll do a bunch of stupid dirty sideturned poo poo that will completely justify any table flipping that occurs afterward.

Neo Helbeast are you a Raleigh native or coming in from out of town?

Protip, there's a food truck rodeo downtown on Sunday, 10 minutes from the hotel. Just sayin.

I'm coming in from Tampa,Fl. I had been planning to fly but decided to drive when I realized that TFC wasn't located at the airport like I thought.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Woof, I've done that drive. Not my favorite. Drive safe. Good luck in your tournament(s)! Hopefully I can learn some DOA stuffs from some of you guys.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Trykt posted:

I did actually pick this game up finally and I've found FSD to be as bad or worse for white noise to useful info ratio as SRK.

I'm currently learning Tina, hit me with your hot pro tipzzzzz

1P, 3P, 1K, 66P, 6h+K are her good crushes. Usually you can get an air throw after a launch, though sometimes you want to just got for PPK for oki to see opponent techs or not and do a ground throw.

1K into WR 64H+P is your 50/50 they can't fuzzy, if they try to duck or roll, you're at +12 and try and god for pokes or launchers.
WR 64H+P itself is your maxdamage throw on hi-counter and it's the most damaging in normal situations. 132 dmg I think.

3_P is your fastest mid (i12) and also high crushes, so it's used often at the start of a round. It's also a force tech for when your opponent doesn't tech or roll early and you're still at plus frames if they do.

Her guard break moves are pretty average, except for a few like 66P+K. Experiment to see what you're comfortable with.

66H+P against the wall gives a free ground throw, though it puts your back to the wall. Still pretty good.

Not much is really guaranteed after 44H+P, but 3KK is good for when you want to strike and go for a launcher and 41236H+P for when you think they might just guard.

8P is short juggles gives your guaranteed ground throw. If you launch too high, you'll whiff and eat a low throw or a strike.

Go for ground throws after wall crumple when you finish your combo. If you whiff, you'll be at plus frames and if they don't tech and you time it right, you'll get a ground throw.

6PP is a good side step killer thanks to the mid tracking followup and it has a decent mid-low mixup.

Throw punish all the time.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Holy poo poo they're mods now? That's hilarious, kinda glad I stopped posting there. Matt is pretty cool though I hope he's at TFC this year.

Matt's response to that was pretty much "God willing", so yeah, he'll be there.

edit: I wrote before the tourney even started. He's playing around with the 5LR build right now.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

uncleKitchener posted:

Matt's response to that was pretty much "God willing", so yeah, he'll be there.

edit: I wrote before the tourney even started. He's playing around with the 5LR build right now.

The 5LR build was really boring, there was nothing new to show off.

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

The 5LR build was really boring, there was nothing new to show off.
Was it on the new consoles at least?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

InformationHigh posted:

Was it on the new consoles at least?

I guess it is, but it's hard to tell.

http://youtu.be/TF3HzuMv_cI

Matt said the game looked really pretty.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I haven't been updating this thread for a while due to just generally being busy, but I updated the OP and character sections.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/team-ninja-on-why-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-is-missing-features-on-360-and-ps3.5024/

Anyone wanting to get LR should keep in mind that last gen versions of the game won't get the Crimson and Danger Zone stages and also end up missing out on things like the extra set of customization and the arcade style costumizer on the character select menu. What you will get is a free update from Ultimate to LR with all the balance changes. No news on how or whether you would be able to actually purchase the two new characters.

No news on what or who the two new characters will be, but one is hinted to be a returning or a non-playable one with a full movelist and the other one is a 'large' female character, possibly another girl with large assets, because DOA.

Cross-platform online play will not be possible. Old gen players who get the free update will be able to play online with the LR: Core Fighter players.

Core Fighters on Xbone is essentially a budget version of the game, unlike the f2p version on PS platform.

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

uncleKitchener posted:

Core Fighters on Xbone is essentially a budget version of the game, unlike the f2p version on PS platform.
I'm just going to blame Microsoft's awful policies but there will be a third version of the game (Xbox One only) that's basically a free demo where you can play online with people who have any version of LR. There won't be any DLC upgrade route like core fighters.

Here's a confusing chart with a list of what you can and can't do with each version:
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/ftp.html

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

InformationHigh posted:

I'm just going to blame Microsoft's awful policies but there will be a third version of the game (Xbox One only) that's basically a free demo where you can play online with people who have any version of LR. There won't be any DLC upgrade route like core fighters.

Here's a confusing chart with a list of what you can and can't do with each version:
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/ftp.html

That even confused me. So, the f2p version of the game on XBO (the trial) is Core Fighters with no DLC option. Must've been a nightmare for them trying to decide who gets what.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Anyone still playing on PS3 these days?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Anyone still playing on PS3 these days?

I don't play online myself, but I still see other goons play online every now and then.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Raidou's back and he's now Kano:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I was gonna say Omega Rugal since he had Raging storm and had SNK boss syndrome but he does look more like Kano.

Trailers:
http://youtu.be/zo08HCRtW18
http://youtu.be/c9ioNsQQZeA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Honestly I really hope that there's a chance the PS4 version of LR will support the PS3 stick. I know this was brought up to Team Ninja at TFC, but still, it'd be nice.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Honestly I really hope that there's a chance the PS4 version of LR will support the PS3 stick. I know this was brought up to Team Ninja at TFC, but still, it'd be nice.

I'm gonna wait for the PS360+ firmware update. I'm sure they can update everything to work.

I'm sure they would add the additions the Skullgirls devs made.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

uncleKitchener posted:

I'm gonna wait for the PS360+ firmware update. I'm sure they can update everything to work.

I'm sure they would add the additions the Skullgirls devs made.

its kind of impossible. they can't fake the bluetooth authtication for the ps4, so it gets disconnected after 8 or so minutes.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REQQHVbV3yo Why tag is silly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its basically omega mode for doa

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
So, it looks like the ESRB just recently blabbed an upcoming PC release of Last Round. Have they been wrong in their platform listings before?

A good poster fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 26, 2014

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The rumor has been circulating for a while.

If there really is a PC version, then prepare your rigs for jiggle physics at high resolutions.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
DOA5 already has the boob settings "None, Natural, DOA, and OMG." There really needs to be one more that takes up every bit of unused processing power from every type of processor and put it towards the tits. Two of your CPU cores, that extra video card you have plugged in for some reason, everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

Finally a use for PhysX.

• Locked thread