Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Matt, Chuluanime exists.

Turns out when you are able to comprehend Elder Gods they are anime ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
man someones havin a good time in the middle of that gun battle

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OneDeadman posted:

Matt, Chuluanime exists.

Turns out when you are able to comprehend Elder Gods they are anime ladies.
It is good that Lovecraft's xenophobia ended up spawning something nerds jack off to due to its familiarity. :ironicat:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
So basically, something Liam would watch?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quakster posted:

It is good that Lovecraft's xenophobia ended up spawning something nerds jack off to due to its familiarity. :ironicat:

Did you know that during his friendship with Robert E Howard (The author of the Conan books), Lovecraft's cartoonish racism was so bad that Howard became less racist? Lovecraft's racism basically made Howard realize how ridiculous racism is, that is how racist Lovecraft was.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FatSamurai posted:

laffo at all Platinum games, also the Souls series looks lame and backwards from anything fun at all

This post is the Matrix sequels of trolls

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nyaurko sucks, but you watch it anyway so you can read the Lovecraft-san summaries which are the greatest thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alternatively, don't watch Nyaruko because it's a horrible insult to good literature! See also: My avatar!

edit: But for the most part they did do their research, which is the weirdest thing about it. It's a horrible insult to good literature, but it's one that knows the facts about the literature it is insulting.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Eh, Lovecraft as great works of literature is a bit overstated. There's some good material but mostly it's In the Mountains of Madness, Shadow over Innsmouth, and the Outsider. The rest of his stuff is kind of terribly written but with some cool ideas/imagery.

Which is not to excuse Nyaruko mind you, which is just a bunch of anime girls talking about Kamen Rider 90% of the time.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Which is not to excuse Nyaruko mind you, which is just a bunch of anime girls talking about Kamen Rider 90% of the time.

Oh so it's right up their alley

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's too bad the Nyaruko anime doesn't convey Lovecraft's crazy hilarious racismboner because that'd make it actually worth watching. My favorite part of Lovecraft's writing is a portion of one of his stories where a character is startled by what he first thinks is an otherworldly terrifying creature, but when it comes into the light it turns out to actually just be a black man, and he is still exactly as terrified.

edit: In one of his stories he names the protagonist's pet cat friend of the family Man for literally no reason other than it's a black cat. It's great and terrible at the same time.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 2, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Remember that one story where the mindbreaking horror at the end is that protagonist realizes he's descended from a black person? Or that boxer from Reanimator?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Enough about that! Now let's talk about GOOD anime!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Oe5i_6IAI

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheRealestMatt posted:

Oh boy this looks amazing I can't wait for it to never come to America :smith:.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh boy this looks amazing I can't wait for it to never come to America :smith:.

My exact thoughts :smith:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Still pissed all the good gundam games never make it here. Gundam Breaker looked so cool.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

OneDeadman posted:

My exact thoughts :smith:

It's on a region-free console, at least.

My PS3 will never recover from the damage.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Speaking of good anime, isn't the second season of psycho pass starting this month?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nalesh posted:

Speaking of good anime, isn't the second season of psycho pass starting this month?

I don't see the connection here.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

CJacobs posted:

It's too bad the Nyaruko anime doesn't convey Lovecraft's crazy hilarious racismboner because that'd make it actually worth watching. My favorite part of Lovecraft's writing is a portion of one of his stories where a character is startled by what he first thinks is an otherworldly terrifying creature, but when it comes into the light it turns out to actually just be a black man, and he is still exactly as terrified.

edit: In one of his stories he names the protagonist's pet cat friend of the family Man for literally no reason other than it's a black cat. It's great and terrible at the same time.

Lovecraft had a cat named friend of the family Man IRL

E:

TheRealestMatt posted:

I've been meaning to send an ask on tumblr or something but I'll just ask here. Have any of the Zaibatsu watched Redline? It's really good.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, i'm way too jumpy, that stupid stinger at the end of the Shitstorm videos always make me jump like a moron.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really feel sorry for the one person who had to voice all the Innsmouth citizens. Dude probably needed so many lozenges.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I dunno why I crack up every time they point out how obvious the fishpeople are.

"You're a monster! You're clearly a monster!"

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I'm kinda sad we're not going to see a full playthrough of Call of Cthulhu at this rate.

It falls apart near the end but also gets suitably crazy and I'd love to see Matt and Pat's reactions to some of it - unless there's plans to wrap everything up at a later stage?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Radio Paranoia posted:

I'm kinda sad we're not going to see a full playthrough of Call of Cthulhu at this rate.

It falls apart near the end but also gets suitably crazy and I'd love to see Matt and Pat's reactions to some of it - unless there's plans to wrap everything up at a later stage?

The Shittribution is chosen from games they, for one reason or another, decided not to do full LPs of.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Troll 2 drop made my day!

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

The Shittribution is chosen from games they, for one reason or another, decided not to do full LPs of.

Hearing about how broken Call of Cthulhu is, I think it's for the best they're not doing a full LP.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

If I recall correctly, Call of Cthulhu has a really strong start, then a really mediocre middle-part, and then it gets pretty good near the end again. At one part they just give you a machinegun and tell you "ok now just shoot the fishman until it dies" and that kind of ruins the atmosphere

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
gently caress you, Pat, soccer's the best sport.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Genetic Toaster posted:

Hearing about how broken Call of Cthulhu is, I think it's for the best they're not doing a full LP.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason right there.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Minorkos posted:

If I recall correctly, Call of Cthulhu has a really strong start, then a really mediocre middle-part, and then it gets pretty good near the end again. At one part they just give you a machinegun and tell you "ok now just shoot the fishman until it dies" and that kind of ruins the atmosphere

It also gets increasingly hard to play without running into gamebreaking bugs the farther you get

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also it's just bad.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B55MwernXQU

Edit: Liam eat a dick the extra KLK episode was awesome.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 4, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

does this mean woolie is technically a cheetahman

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think Rival Schools may be the hypest Pat has ever gotten.

And rightfully so this game owns.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Woolie + Liam Play through Guacamelee!

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/guacamelee-super-turbo-championship-edition-part-1/

Man, that's some horribly awesome accents.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 4, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The real shitstorm starts here.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I would love to see Pat's reaction to like, the last quarter of this game. This terrible, terrible game.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Rodyle posted:

I would love to see Pat's reaction to like, the last quarter of this game. This terrible, terrible game.

Too bad they'll never get there, they're three parts away from moving on to the next game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rodyle posted:

gently caress you say about Guacamelee?

I will suplex you to oblivion muchao. :colbert: