Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ragequit posted:

Final Fantasy Science Theatre: Go Get'm Edgar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

bloodychill posted:

wat is this

Your worst fears realized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HAfKzT35ls

Edit:

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 2, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I was going to say that was an Asylum parody of that Hanzel and Gretal movie, but that is so much worse.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Oh my loving God. :lol:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Barudak posted:

Ugh if you read the original Japanese you'd know that its supposed to be a deep reference to the hit show Dukes of Hazard and the original idea for cait with was a talking muscle car names the General Reeve

All it needs is for the horn to play the first few seconds of victory fanfare. :allears:

BloodWulfe posted:

To Moguri because that's what they're called in Glorious Nippon.

Localization? Huh? I don't understand, did you mean to say literal translation?

He also changed Megalixer to Last Elixir and Phoenix Down to Phoenix Tail.

These are the worst kinds of fans.

Rudicron posted:

4. Call it the General Leo.

:eyepop:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

This is good.

Also I keep expecting to see a NWS link to the FFXV guys staring at goatse because that's the kind of thing that happens on the internet.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

This XV news is awesome. These photoshops are awesome. I'm liking this thread right now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i want a photoshop of them staring at the list of things that has happened since versus 13 was announced

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Hahahaha

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

W.T. Fits posted:

New Curtain Call DLC is up for anyone interested:

Character - FF7 Advent Children Cloud

Songs
Romancing SaGa - Coup de Grace (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 2 - Encounter with the Seven Heroes (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation I (BMS)
Romancing SaGa - Horrible Shadow (FMS)
Final Fantasy 8 - Premonition (BMS)
Final Fantasy Fables:Chocobo's Dungeon - Pop-Up Duel (BMS)
Final Fantasy Tactics - Ovelia's Theme (FMS)
Final Fantasy 9 - Vivi's Theme (FMS)

That's really neat that they're including Romancing Saga music. Seven Heroes Battle is really good

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a way to buy multiple DLCs at once? 3DS is slow as balls.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Holy poo poo.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

alcharagia posted:

Megaman Star Force 2 is my favorite Star Force game.

How?

EDIT: Oh wait. Tribe King, right?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 2, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

New Curtain Call DLC is up for anyone interested:

Character - FF7 Advent Children Cloud

Songs
Romancing SaGa - Coup de Grace (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 2 - Encounter with the Seven Heroes (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation I (BMS)
Romancing SaGa - Horrible Shadow (FMS)
Final Fantasy 8 - Premonition (BMS)
Final Fantasy Fables:Chocobo's Dungeon - Pop-Up Duel (BMS)
Final Fantasy Tactics - Ovelia's Theme (FMS)
Final Fantasy 9 - Vivi's Theme (FMS)

I dunno anything about romancing saga.

Premonition could be really cool depending on which part of the song they use. Goes through a lot of the iconic FF8 themes.

Pop up duel is a remix of FF2 battle.

For FFT field music I honestly wish they used some of the menu and shop music, that stuff was so good.

Vivi's theme - played this and yeah I recognize it but never realized it was Vivi. Seems like it would be boring. For some reason I thought his theme was the one from the black Mage village which is a better song: http://youtu.be/IADdaVLA18E

I'm limiting myself to only 5 DLC songs, I got KUON from X-2 already, for sure will get Balamb Garden and the motorcycle chase song from FF7.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I dunno anything about romancing saga.

Premonition could be really cool depending on which part of the song they use. Goes through a lot of the iconic FF8 themes.

Pop up duel is a remix of FF2 battle.

For FFT field music I honestly wish they used some of the menu and shop music, that stuff was so good.

Vivi's theme - played this and yeah I recognize it but never realized it was Vivi. Seems like it would be boring. For some reason I thought his theme was the one from the black Mage village which is a better song: http://youtu.be/IADdaVLA18E

I'm limiting myself to only 5 DLC songs, I got KUON from X-2 already, for sure will get Balamb Garden and the motorcycle chase song from FF7.

Just played Vivi's theme and it was really fun. Way more hectic than a lot of FMS songs, with lots of those hold notes that jerk up and down fast.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:vince:

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Raruna posted:

Well, that makes me pretty happy. Seems like those features really ARE just for easing in new players, while still keeping the action game style to it.

Nomura loves to ham it up, but personally, I hope that all his "burning anger" will seep into the story of KH3 and make it as dark as End of Evangelion. :getin:

Maybe he's like Domon Kasshu and will channel his love, hate, and all of his sorrow in Kingdom Hearts 3? Or he might just be sore about being a forty-three year old man who hasn't shipped a AAA console game in eight years and got kicked off FFXV? We'll find out when Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out in 2022.

Raruna posted:

Holy poo poo, get hype. Now this was a good demonstration of an appealing battle system! I'm glad Tabata has been getting information about what the internet is saying, being connected to the userbase is super important.

I'm feeling much better about his direction after this q&a :3:

I've happy with how Tabata has addressed concerns about FFXV's new direction and his recent comments. He's very cognizant of the game's reception (and memes) from TGS and the new presentation was aimed at people. I'm reminded of how Yoshida was very active in engaging with fans and answering their questions. The PR is very well done compared to how SE usually handles backlash.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Yeah, Premonition should be good, it starts getting really good about 45 seconds in.

And I agree with your FFT comment, I've always been a big fan of the "character creation" track.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Meanwhile I'm probably going to end up buying every drat song from FFT, even the ones that aren't favorites. Along similar lines, if they're bringing in stuff that's unrelated to Final Fantasy (yes, I know, 'Final Fantasy Legend,' but it's tenuous at best and they're using the original names) then God help me if they start offering Xenogears and Threads of Fate DLC.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Pierson posted:

Is there a way to buy multiple DLCs at once? 3DS is slow as balls.

This would be really nice but alas, the tooltips actually say you have to buy things one at a time and I couldn't find a way to do it any other way.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Wasn't Cait Sith an optional secret character? Like Gogo was in ff6. So there's no significant story with them since they can get missed. Ninja gal and Vincent had a small story but it was really short. I kinda miss secret characters like that, not many in rpgs nowadays. To go and mod him out is just bat poo poo insane.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Cait Sith was as optional as Barret.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

Wasn't Cait Sith an optional secret character? Like Gogo was in ff6. So there's no significant story with them since they can get missed. Ninja gal and Vincent had a small story but it was really short. I kinda miss secret characters like that, not many in rpgs nowadays. To go and mod him out is just bat poo poo insane.

Huh? Cait Sith was a required character and a critical part of the story for one part.

Vincent is the optional character, you may be thinking of him.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yeah Cait Sith is important enough that you can't remove him from the game without some fishy stuff happening to the script.

For example the Ancient Temple would have to be heavily rewritten in spots.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Fuckin' great! :lol:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Srice posted:

For example the Ancient Temple would have to be heavily rewritten in spots.

Look dude if you don't think Iscar Manusturbo has the power to teleport (and control darkness), then I dunno what to tell you.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Its been over a decade or so since I played ff7, but I thought there was something about a mega phone before the end of the first CD you had to get? Guess not.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

They made it really easy to do.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Its been over a decade or so since I played ff7, but I thought there was something about a mega phone before the end of the first CD you had to get? Guess not.

You might be thinking of Cait Sith's ultimate weapon, which you have to get in a limited time window and an out-of-the-way place near the end of disc 2. Making it missable unless it's one of those things you can dig up in Bone Village if you miss it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Isn't it like in the lobby of the Shinra Building when you re enter Midgar or something silly like that?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Rudicron posted:

Call it the General Leo.

Holy poo poo

I really hope you can customize the car now.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Well, the Shinra Building itself is a detour in the first place (and gently caress spending any more time in those train tunnels than you have to; the enemies there take goddamn forever to animate their attacks). And no, you've got to go up to... gently caress it, let's check GameFAQs and see what's exactly where, I don't remember.

Pile Banger (Barret) and Master Fist (Tifa): 2nd floor (upper part of lobby area)
Grow Lance (Cid): 63rd floor
Mind Source & Speed Source: 64th floor vending machine
HP Shout (Cait Sith, ultimate weapon): 64th floor lockers
Behemoth Horn (Red XIII): halfway through that goddamn giant stairwell :suicide:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It might be my imagination, but isn't the Behemoth Horn only available if you agreed with Tifa's suggestion to go up the stairs on your first visit (even if you then proceed through the front)? I think every time I agreed with Barret I couldn't find it.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Vil posted:

Grow Lance (Cid): 63rd floor

:pervert:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Vil posted:

Pile Banger
Grow Lance

:quagmire:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tenzarin posted:

They made it really easy to do.

Everything about this is beautiful. From Goku's shocked reaction to Piccolo looking like he wants to smear Noctis across the pavement. :japan:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SSNeoman posted:

How?

EDIT: Oh wait. Tribe King, right?

Yeah basically. SF1 is my favorite of the games as a whole because it has the only non-poo poo story out of any Megaman RPG but SF2 is my favorite to play even with the lovely random encounter rate because it lets me cheat into oblivion and destroy all of my foes with crushing power :unsmigghh:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
HOLY poo poo THEY OWN A CONVERTIBLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Yeah, FF7's translation has some pretty glorious bits to it.