Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Trying to remember a video game cover. It had two shirtless dudes on it, I think a man in a goat head, and U.S. Gold on the cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

blackguy32 posted:

Trying to remember a video game cover. It had two shirtless dudes on it, I think a man in a goat head, and U.S. Gold on the cover.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Yes!! Thank you.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Eighties/nineties video game cover art was the best. How to improve this picture of two bare-chested men firing machine guns while Satan stands behind them looking smug? Add a chimp and a vaguely Stormtrooper-esque looking thing/guy, of course!

Unless you're playing it on a C64/128, in which case it's suddenly some sort of…cyberpunk noir detective thriller? v:shobon:v

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Stole this post from another thread like this somewhere because it explains what I'm trying to remember more succinctly than I can say.

quote:

Hi there ive been looking for this game i player possibly 8-10 years ago for PC. It consisted of a short fat kid with a slingshot who travels across the US he starts off in California in alcatraz prision where he fights off ghosts, then i forgot why but cali get blown up and becomes an island then this kid drives to other parts of the US.
The game play is all 2D basic same screen mission start on one side of the screen get to other side once completed you kept going till you finished the area then would go into a driving mode and just dodge trees and such on the way to your next destination. Ive been looking for this game for a ridiculously long time ive read some posts that have ended with no answer. First ever post hope i can get my answer. Cheers.

Btw we are looking about 90s id say window 95/98

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

That's Arcade America alright.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Sounds like Arcade America. Which I only know about because of Freeman's Mind.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Son of a bitch. I knew it had America in it but that just made me think it was educational and had something to do with national monuments. It's always such a relief to find out what something was. I almost asked this thread about a game that turned out to be Vangers until I saw it's on Steam the other day and was like holy poo poo that's it.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

MMAgCh posted:

Eighties/nineties video game cover art was the best. How to improve this picture of two bare-chested men firing machine guns while Satan stands behind them looking smug? Add a chimp and a vaguely Stormtrooper-esque looking thing/guy, of course!

Doom 2

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

blackguy32 posted:

Yes!! Thank you.

The juxtaposition of the ape chilling in the corner and the leering smug baphomet makes me smile every time.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Sounds like Arcade America. Which I only know about because of Freeman's Mind.

Good god, of course youtube man has to explain every obvious plot cue that anyone with a working brain would get from context.

"You play as Joey! The monsters are literally monsters! They can't wake him up!"

Jesus loving christ.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!
I remember reading a review of a mad first person shooter a while back, I'm sure it was Russian, open world, and there was a screenshot involving a pile of babies or something.

Please tell me I'm not going totally mad!

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zombieman posted:

I remember reading a review of a mad first person shooter a while back, I'm sure it was Russian, open world, and there was a screenshot involving a pile of babies or something.

I don't know about the baby bit, but maybe S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

^^^^ if it's not that, try Precursors which was technically Ukrainian and not Russian but :can:

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

chairface posted:

^^^^ if it's not that, try Precursors which was technically Ukrainian and not Russian but :can:

That might be the one, I shall check it out, thanks.

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

"L-O-V-E's just another word I never learned to pronounce."
Trying to remember the name of an old kids' educational game, probably Win 3.1 or at latest 95-era and came on a CD-ROM. You drove a truck around on a flat road plane with exit signs that you could turn off onto to play minigames like putting out fires and unloading hay at a farm or something. You would run out of fuel eventually so you had to turn off and gas up sometimes, and you had a home base you could return to which had additional minigames. I want to say it was called "Big Rig" with a yellow diamond shaped logo but that name just turns up an old DOS managerial game and Big Rig Racing. I remember playing the hell out of it as a kid.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

zombieman posted:

That might be the one, I shall check it out, thanks.

I played a bit of Precursors and don't recall a pile of babies. :iiam:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Maybe Pathologic has a pile of babies?

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

al-azad posted:

Maybe Pathologic has a pile of babies?

You just got me to Google "pathologic babies".

Thanks.

Be right back, clawing eyes out.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

This may have been an N64 or PSX game, I'm not sure which. I have vague memories of renting a game from the video store that was either a first- or third-person shooter, or had an element where you did that. Most of what I can remember is a stage or a level, which was a mid-sized island that had either some shallow ponds or tidal pools in the center, ruins along one coast, and light foliage along an opposite coast. I think you had an AI-controlled buddy you ran around with, or someone who gave you messages over a radio.

It was definitely not any of the Army Men games, I know that for certain.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Original Playstation game, I want to say 2.5D, I remember it being sidescrolling with 3d people instead of sprites. It was in space I think and there were weapon upgrades similar to Contra but I don't think it was a Contra. I only really played it once but I've been wanting to play it again for years now.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

juliuspringle posted:

Original Playstation game, I want to say 2.5D, I remember it being sidescrolling with 3d people instead of sprites. It was in space I think and there were weapon upgrades similar to Contra but I don't think it was a Contra. I only really played it once but I've been wanting to play it again for years now.

This could be Wild 9 or One.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neurion posted:

This may have been an N64 or PSX game, I'm not sure which. I have vague memories of renting a game from the video store that was either a first- or third-person shooter, or had an element where you did that. Most of what I can remember is a stage or a level, which was a mid-sized island that had either some shallow ponds or tidal pools in the center, ruins along one coast, and light foliage along an opposite coast. I think you had an AI-controlled buddy you ran around with, or someone who gave you messages over a radio.

Sounds like either Space Station Silicon Valley, Banjo Kazooie, or Gex.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

This could be Wild 9 or One.

It's not either of those. The game I'm thinking of was (from what I remember) left to right and One is bottom to top. I used to own Wild 9 back when it was new so I know that's also not it. I wish I remembered more about it, ooooh I do. It was 2 player same time coop (not vs) but you could also play by yourself. It wasn't my game it belonged to someone I lived with but the time I played it we played together because they had just gotten it.

edit: Second thought it might not have been, it could have just been single player or old school Mario coop where you alternate whose playing when you die.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sounds like either Space Station Silicon Valley, Banjo Kazooie, or Gex.

Was definitely none of these. I'm beginning to lean towards it being a PSX game. You played as a human, maybe in some kind of powered armor or combat suit.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Neurion posted:

Was definitely none of these. I'm beginning to lean towards it being a PSX game. You played as a human, maybe in some kind of powered armor or combat suit.

Jet Force Gemini?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

juliuspringle posted:

There's a game called Assault: Retribution which is almost identical to the crappy Playstation Contra games.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

al-azad posted:

There's a game called Assault: Retribution which is almost identical to the crappy Playstation Contra games.

I don't remember enough to be certain but I feel like that might actually be it.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Neurion posted:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/bodyharvest/bodyharvest.htm

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Neurion posted:

Daikatana? :q:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

...! posted:

Daikatana? :q:

Hahaha no.

Hakkesshu posted:

Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.?

I think this may have been it. I've got a copy handy that I haven't tried playing, so I'll check that out.

Edit: Nope, that doesn't seem to be the one.

Neurion fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 12, 2014

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
I remember an old game. DOS or maybe early windows era. feels like very early 90s. You bred dinosaurs. Dinosaurs with different properties were generated according to some stat system, and you viewed them top down in a VGA resolution with sort of smooth animations (like the body parts of the dinosaurs were animated separately by rotating, stretching, not sprite based) while they ran around in some arena and fought? Some were faster and some did more damage depending on the stats it had.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

zombieman posted:

It turns out my memory was lying to me, and it was not a FPS, or open world, but it is Russian, and completely mad. I was thinking of Cargo: The Quest For Gravity.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/cargo-the-quest-for-gravity

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

lonter posted:

I remember an old game. DOS or maybe early windows era. feels like very early 90s. You bred dinosaurs. Dinosaurs with different properties were generated according to some stat system, and you viewed them top down in a VGA resolution with sort of smooth animations (like the body parts of the dinosaurs were animated separately by rotating, stretching, not sprite based) while they ran around in some arena and fought? Some were faster and some did more damage depending on the stats it had.

Pyrosaurus.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Neurion posted:

Sounds kiiiinda like jet force gemini?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I have vague memories of a visual novel game by a Western indie developer, or maybe just one anime fan. It's at least six or seven years old. It had bad anime art and bad anime music. The main thing that sticks in my memory is either the game let you input commands via a text parser, or was entirely built around a text parser, and this aspect of the game was bizarrely, needlessly complex. I remember at one point in the game you're in someone's kitchen, and can actually use ingredients and appliances to cook food, though there was probably no game-relevant purpose to this.

I don't remember what the story was, other than there was some rich girl character you could romance only if you figured out the insanely specific conditions for it. Either the protagonist had a motorcycle like the kind in Akira, or something about the setting was strongly reminiscent of Akira. I haven't ruled out the possibility that I dreamed all of this.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Rollersnake posted:

I have vague memories of a visual novel game by a Western indie developer, or maybe just one anime fan. It's at least six or seven years old. It had bad anime art and bad anime music. The main thing that sticks in my memory is either the game let you input commands via a text parser, or was entirely built around a text parser, and this aspect of the game was bizarrely, needlessly complex. I remember at one point in the game you're in someone's kitchen, and can actually use ingredients and appliances to cook food, though there was probably no game-relevant purpose to this.

I don't remember what the story was, other than there was some rich girl character you could romance only if you figured out the insanely specific conditions for it. Either the protagonist had a motorcycle like the kind in Akira, or something about the setting was strongly reminiscent of Akira. I haven't ruled out the possibility that I dreamed all of this.

I think this is a longshot, but it sounds like an obscure Adrift IF game called The PK Girl.

http://home.comcast.net/~zabel00/pkgirl/

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I think this is a longshot, but it sounds like an obscure Adrift IF game called The PK Girl.

http://home.comcast.net/~zabel00/pkgirl/

Haha, holy poo poo, that has to be it. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I have a question for the thread about a game that isn't even out yet. I stopped following development of this game a while back and subsequently forgot the name of it. It looked like a third person adventure where you play as a mouse with a sword and it had a dark, kind of medieval look. any ideas?