Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
KR Multicase has a cool deal where you get a free card case for every cool non card case you buy. Their site continues to be dog poo poo even though promises of it being more user friendly. Good cases though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Which begs a question, since the last Armored Battle Group update was prior to 7th and the new Astra Militarum update, do their Leman Russes keep the Lumbering Behemoth special rule?

Keep bugging FW to FAQ that book. I want my loving beast hunter rounds.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

koreban posted:

Only that was precisely what the dumb random objectives system was meant to stop.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not talking about the old school end-game objective rush. I'm talking about using your mobility and shooting to play keep-away until you have enough buffs to launch your assault units. Maelstrom objectives have little if anything to do with that.

And I really don't think GW went through the trouble of Maelstrom cards just to stop a 4E Eldar gimmick. They actually reward the kind of mobility that gimmick relied on. If GW was trying to stop anything with the cards, it was static gunlines. But more likely, their motivations were unpredictability and (eventually) giving each faction its own custom set.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

PeterWeller posted:

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not talking about the old school end-game objective rush. I'm talking about using your mobility and shooting to play keep-away until you have enough buffs to launch your assault units. Maelstrom objectives have little if anything to do with that.

And I really don't think GW went through the trouble of Maelstrom cards just to stop a 4E Eldar gimmick. They actually reward the kind of mobility that gimmick relied on. If GW was trying to stop anything with the cards, it was static gunlines. But more likely, their motivations were unpredictability and (eventually) giving each faction its own custom set.

We'll have to see what the DE faction-specific objectives look like, but with the no-assaults-from-deep-strike rules and without an obvious way (unless I missed it and you're not playing a covens detachment) of manipulating reserves rolls, you're bringing in your transports on dice rolls, hoping they survive a turn, then sacrificing large swaths of your army to terrible armor rolls and maybe FNP, just hoping to hold your opponent off while securing some objectives until turn 4/5 when whatever you have left starts to come into it's own and you're making objective pushes/looking to score secondaries.

It feels like it wants you to be behind until turn 4 or so, then gives you some space-pcp and hope you rampage yourslef into enough points to secure victory, rather than giving some (initially) obvious ways of holding your own and doing less of the high-finesse, gimmick play. I'm still sort of processing it while typing this. Maybe covens are the blunt instrument approach, but it feels like standard codex DE really want to start you on the back foot and then see what you can get come turn 4+.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

AbusePuppy posted:

Basically, I would say don't get too discouraged. IG are still players on the field if you build 'em right, you just need to make sure to fill in their weaknesses properly with other stuff.

Not to put you on the spot here but I have been messing around with my Nod-Ig army for a while now and I actually want to get some models on the table for once. I just don't know how.

I have been trying to make Blob army lists, Pask lists and versions in between with SM allies droppoding with a fortified thunderfire. I also have been trying to shoehorn in Cypher instead but nothing seem to feel right.

I would like psykers because prescience is great, 4++ and maybe ignore cover. Oh, Tigerius! But then they die to Yarrick, maybe just put him in a conscript squad instead? But if I have Yarrick then I probably don't have points for Pask. Pask is great but how do I load out his squad? If I have Pask then I miss out on orders... How many Priests, how many Psykers? Inquisition in CAD+1 format? Knight?

I just don't know enough. Probably because I have never played guard at all. Do you have any lists in your head that you can slap down for us real quick? I liked your Daemon one :haw:

Bonus points if it has Cypher, or around 3 droppods since those are also models I have been thinking about using for a long time. For now I am looking for competitive lists, so don't bend over backwards I can make the lists crappy on my own after the fact.

The brotherhood is patiently (and blurry-ly) awaiting your reply:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Nothing more fun than pricing out armies on Forgeworld. 30k is expensive y'all. :suicide:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

koreban posted:

We'll have to see what the DE faction-specific objectives look like, but with the no-assaults-from-deep-strike rules and without an obvious way (unless I missed it and you're not playing a covens detachment) of manipulating reserves rolls, you're bringing in your transports on dice rolls, hoping they survive a turn, then sacrificing large swaths of your army to terrible armor rolls and maybe FNP, just hoping to hold your opponent off while securing some objectives until turn 4/5 when whatever you have left starts to come into it's own and you're making objective pushes/looking to score secondaries.

It feels like it wants you to be behind until turn 4 or so, then gives you some space-pcp and hope you rampage yourslef into enough points to secure victory, rather than giving some (initially) obvious ways of holding your own and doing less of the high-finesse, gimmick play. I'm still sort of processing it while typing this. Maybe covens are the blunt instrument approach, but it feels like standard codex DE really want to start you on the back foot and then see what you can get come turn 4+.

I dunno, man. I think you're putting too much emphasis on PfP in this assessment. I think it's net effect will be minor, basically acting as a timing mechanism for launching assaults and allowing you to hang on when your glass cannon is mostly shattered at the end of a brutal game.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

panascope posted:

Nothing more fun than pricing out armies on Forgeworld. 30k is expensive y'all. :suicide:

Tell me about it, I'm getting another 2k for my admech (including a war hound for 3k games) but the 30k scene up here is starting to boom, and the PFD makes irresponsible spenders of us all. I regret nothing. It keeps me busy over the winter.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Not to put you on the spot here but I have been messing around with my Nod-Ig army for a while now and I actually want to get some models on the table for once. I just don't know how.

I have been trying to make Blob army lists, Pask lists and versions in between with SM allies droppoding with a fortified thunderfire. I also have been trying to shoehorn in Cypher instead but nothing seem to feel right.

I would like psykers because prescience is great, 4++ and maybe ignore cover. Oh, Tigerius! But then they die to Yarrick, maybe just put him in a conscript squad instead? But if I have Yarrick then I probably don't have points for Pask. Pask is great but how do I load out his squad? If I have Pask then I miss out on orders... How many Priests, how many Psykers? Inquisition in CAD+1 format? Knight?

I just don't know enough. Probably because I have never played guard at all. Do you have any lists in your head that you can slap down for us real quick? I liked your Daemon one :haw:

Bonus points if it has Cypher, or around 3 droppods since those are also models I have been thinking about using for a long time. For now I am looking for competitive lists, so don't bend over backwards I can make the lists crappy on my own after the fact.

The brotherhood is patiently (and blurry-ly) awaiting your reply:

I've had a lot of success with a core of aegis + 50 guardsmen with 5 lascannons with an inquisitor in that blob. Ally in stormtalon, thunderfire, tacticals in a drop pod and a cheap librarian or captain.

From there I add whatever I feel like, usually a wyvern, leman russ (maybe pask) and veterans.

The lascannons absolutely slaughter armour with twin link and orders, and the thunderfire and wyvern is a joke in terms of how good they are at murdering infantry.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I doubt this will happen, but imagine if chaos gets... Chaos Sicaran tanks :fap:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

AbusePuppy posted:

It can't be the worst book in the game as long as Sisters are still around. :smith:

*not technically a book, more of a kidnapper's cut and paste ransom note demanding people keep buying overcosted supplementals or else their army gets squatted.*

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Tuxedo Jack posted:

http://www.torrentoffire.com/5934/the-meta-post-nova

Interesting numbers, if you're into that sort of thing. The poor performance of IG has me second guessing myself for LVO in February. I'm not going to chase the meta, but goddamn...

Maybe it's not that I'm bad, maybe it's that all the other armies I play are better than mine!? :unsmith:

No... no I'm just bad.

That said my buddy is moving, so I'll be giving his IG a home. Once it's all repainted and combined with mine I'll have a unit of ogryns, ratlings, 4 infantry platoons, 5 chimeras, 2 Leman russ battle tanks, 2 variant leman russ, 40 storm troopers, a bane blade, a bunch of officers and commisars, 3 vendettas, a unit or two of rough riders, 5 sentinels, and maybe some other miscellaneous stuff. What I'm trying to say is that one day soon I might be able to build an effective non-psyker, no allies IG list. And after that win, I will quit 40K forever.

Fake edit: Jesus I forgot about artillery and hellhounds. Anyway, it's nuts.

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

Cooked Auto posted:

Latest FW newsletter is out. So Bulbasaur's rumor was pretty much on the money as Ghost Hand said as it's the slipcase for the special edition of vol. 13 (heh) of Imperial Armour.

I've never bought from Forgeworld before. IA 13 isn't available on the sight yet. Anybody have any ideas when they're going to go up for sale to the world? It sounds like the Chaos I've always wanted!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Thrust posted:

I've never bought from Forgeworld before. IA 13 isn't available on the sight yet. Anybody have any ideas when they're going to go up for sale to the world? It sounds like the Chaos I've always wanted!

The special edition in this case is going to be available first at Warhammer Fest according to the newsletter so I reckon the normal edition would be out around that time as well. Warhammer Fest is on the 11th of October to be precise.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

panascope posted:

It breaks your soul - and your pocketbook.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Cooked Auto posted:

I'd love to see a similar book as IA vol 13 for IG with them just collecting both Krieg and Elysians armies into one collection alongside anything else that isn't covered by Volume 1. Mostly so I can go ooh and aah over stuff I'll never buy anyway and not having to buy multiple books for that. :v:
But then I recall both those armies have more or less been updated anyway so it's kinda pointless.

IA13 is basically IA2 but for CSM. IA1 is pretty solid for IG.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

Ghost Hand posted:

It breaks your soul - and your pocketbook.

No one is getting juice.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ghost Hand posted:

IA13 is basically IA2 but for CSM. IA1 is pretty solid for IG.

Yeah I know that. Would still be nice to have an FW IG army book of sorts as well. But as I said, I know it's a slightly pointless idea.
Even if a slightly smaller book, like that 30k compendium, would be nice to have so you don't have to go around with a tome if you were to ever play with them.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Esser-Z posted:

Guard really does need to be a Battle Brothers ally option for CSM, to represent Traitor Guard.

Of course, I'd give them to nids, too, for Genestealer Cults.

Renegade & Heretics Armies use the CSM line in the Allies Matrix and are considered Battle Brothers with CSM. (and vice-versa)

I have been quietly accumulating some IG vehicles in preparation :P

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Ghost Hand posted:

Renegade & Heretics Armies use the CSM line in the Allies Matrix and are considered Battle Brothers with CSM. (and vice-versa)

I have been quietly accumulating some IG vehicles in preparation :P

Do some of the daemon engines get updated? Stuff like the brass scorpion or the decimator.
E: jesus christ just looking at the total on group FW orders scares me.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 3, 2014

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Well, that borks my DE. Baron is gone and there's no option to make an Archon gear up with a board to use the model I converted. My three Ravagers got a bit worse and pricier. My wyches still die to anything and and can't bring a full set of weapons if I put an HQ in with them. Hellions are not nearly cheap enough to be worth the bother.

Archons seem almost pathetic now. No decent CC weapons to make use of their sky-high WS and BS; if you're just going to pulps 3+ armor, might as well hang back and shoot rather than risk your T3 warlord with either a 4+ save or an ephemeral 2+. As was the case with Mutilators, Warp Talons. Dark Disciples and Warpsmitsh, GW is not even good enough at game design to make the new model stuff strong.

Lelith and Drazhar seem decent, though. Lelith is still way too fragile, especially now that wounds bleed from challenges; she'll often get to kill her target, then be punked by boyz/marines/cultists/etc.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Since the 6th ed FAQ is now gone can you deploy Aegis Def lines as 4 small lines that each have only 2 pieces? What's the points cost of an ADL with a comms relay now?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I finished my Chaos Kill Team! Kind of went overboard on the Blood for the Blood God technical spatter, but I'm generally happy with how they turned out.

The three new guys:

The whole gang:

they all have names...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Man there was some long complicated post on Dakka that showed exactly when due to some weird financial reason to buy Forgeworld because of the exchange rate and now I can't find it. Like it's generally for Americans better to order at X month than Y month. Basically when some magically financial report comes out.

That said all I gotta order is the book, I got my Imperial Guard stuff money set aside and a bunch of chaosy bits ready to go.

Plus hoping there's rules for just straight up Drop Pods and not weird variances. My Chosen Chaos Space Marines eagerly await the ability to Drop Pod and will have a purpose.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 3, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm super pumped for small Mandrake units objective squatting, but super mad about all the stuff that's ignored by ATSKNF. Those items will never really be picked, much like Fear is such a non-rule, as stuff that would be affected by it will probably be butchered by the Fear-causing enemy, anyway.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Sulecrist posted:

I finished my Chaos Kill Team! Kind of went overboard on the Blood for the Blood God technical spatter, but I'm generally happy with how they turned out.

The three new guys:

The whole gang:

they all have names...

:krad:

What'd you use for paints, anyway?

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Absolutely brilliant, but that cloth and bone jump out as too bright. :(

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Played a game tonight with my Ultras and IG vs some Daemons. I was playing against a regular opponent of mine, and as usual he was a really fun guy to hang out with. Unfortunately the game itself was a bit of a headache, as games with Daemons tend to be. I ended up losing because I got completely dicked by the cards, not scoring any points til turn 2 and then trying desperately to play catch up until turn 5 when we called it, him winning 11-6. You wouldn't have guessed it since he had 3 models left on the table then, but they were all walkers that I couldn't kill. Highlights included his Keeper of Secrets getting taken by Nurgle when he rolled badly on the warp storm table, and my Librarian missing almost every shot with his neat relic bolter. Here's a couple stupidly soft focus photos I took with my phone:

And you bet I fortified this ruin:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I can hope and dream for Legion rules and a Chaos Imperial Knight??

Why? You can take am Imperial Knight with whoever the hell you want anyway. If you really want a model just because it'd look 'chaos', just throw some spikes or whatever else tickles your pickle and call it a day. Master Twig had the right idea.

EDIT: So how much DEldar stuff is all about HoW? I don't get why GW have such a huge hard-on for HoW, a single I10 hit at S: user and AP- is not the sort of thing I dream about in a new codex. If they're trying to make people excited about HoW, they could at least make it good like the Stonecrusher Carnifex.

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 3, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chaos Knights will be in whichever HH book brings the Dark Mechanicum first, anyway

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
OK, I have the Helbrute kit and two Dark Vengeance Helbrutes. Anyone turned that into a Murderpack?

Any good sites that go into converting DV Helbrutes using the bits from the kit?

I reckon one pure assault, two with heavy weapons and thunder hammer/flail. Should be visually interesting, fun to convert and paint. Just looking for a bit of guidance.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I'm always fine with helping folks come up with list ideas, so don't feel bad about that. :P

I think the core of an IG-primary list is going to be two blobs (40-50 bodies each, depending on points value) led by Yarrick and accompanied by a Priest each and likely a Primaris Psyker as well. Lascannons for firepower are probably the right choice for at least one unit, possibly both; one also probably wants to get kitted with Meltabombs and Power Axes. Your PCS units can either be 4x Flamer (if you have any Vendettas) or Mortar (if you don't.)

If you're bringing SM along, a Librarian could probably replace one of the Primaris (ideally using Mantis Warriors tactic to get access to Divination, but White Scars for HnR is far from a bad plan either)- this could also obviate the need for the Priest if you were really skimping on points. One or three Drop Pods would be the way to go there, depending on what you're looking for- you could run a unit of Tacticals in a Pod for just some distant objective-grabbing, or you could go heavier on that sort of thing and bring two full units plus a Sternguard squad to be some "problem solvers." A Thunderfire is definitely a nice choice there, and remember that IG get the Wyvern as well as the Heavy Quad Mortar (i.e. Thudd Gun) via IA1, which can help support your TFC.

Running with Space Wolves would give you innate Divination access as well as the flexibility of GH, but at the cost of not getting a cool bonus ability on your blob. Dark Angels would get you Azrael, who makes one of your blobs into an absolute monster (4++, rerollable in close combat thanks to the Priest), though again at the cost of some other neat abilities. An Inquisitor could easily replace one of the Primaris Psykers for a slightly tougher and fightier guy that also gives the option of some neat toys. (Rad/Psychotroke grenades come to mind.)

For filling out the rest of the IG list and alternate stuff, Russes are quite good and could potentially replace Yarrick for Pask, although this is a rather expensive option and means you're not going to have much on the SM side of things. Vendettas are still excellent and some of the best AA in the game. Wyverns are very dangerous, though fragile; Manticores can vaporize big troop concentrations and do a lot of damage to clustered vehicles as well as to Knights (multishot S10 ordnance barrage, yo.) The SM side of things could also run Scouts for one/both of its troops in order to get some board-edge action going on the cheap. I would only run Knight allies to the army if I were taking Pask as an HQ, since you want to try and sync up the types of models you are fielding to prevent the enemy from using all of their firepower efficiently. (Pask's unit, incidentally, usually consists of Pask in a Punisher with maximum HBs and a Dozer Blade plus an Executioner with Plasma or HB sponsons and a Dozer. I've also run an Exterminator with MM sponsons + Dozer to back him up with success, though.)

A list with Cypher is something I have considered a lot; I think that it's doable, but tricky. You'd probably want it to be IG+Inq and use Scout (from the Inquisitor, in a squad with Priest and maybe Yarrick) to complement the Infiltrate from sending Cypher along with the other squad- the tricky part is that no one else can accompany Cypher + blob when he sneaks in, so they won't have Fearless or rerolls. But it's potentially doable and for some armies it will be a huge nightmare- but anything that can cut apart Guardsmen en mass in combat is gonna give you a bad day. Definitely stick Flamers on all of those squads to try and cut down on problematic combats.

Sephyr posted:

Well, that borks my DE. Baron is gone and there's no option to make an Archon gear up with a board to use the model I converted. My three Ravagers got a bit worse and pricier. My wyches still die to anything and and can't bring a full set of weapons if I put an HQ in with them. Hellions are not nearly cheap enough to be worth the bother.

Ravagers are actually still pretty alright with Night Shields- definitely more expensive, but you can hang behind cover (due to the model's profile and gun mounts) and shoot with a 3+ save, which isn't awful for 130pts or whatever. Losing the ability to move 12" and fire three is stupid, though. Do note that your HS slot is no longer completely overloaded, tho, as you can take Razorwings in the FA now.

Hellions and Wyches both seem fairly trashy, though, and the removal of the Baron (and Duke, etc) is a huge kick in the pants. Having browsed through things, I'm not at all impressed.

Thundercloud posted:

I reckon one pure assault, two with heavy weapons and thunder hammer/flail. Should be visually interesting, fun to convert and paint. Just looking for a bit of guidance.

I would try to keep them relatively cheap and leave each one with a gun plus a melee weapon- the big strength of the chassis is that it can drop in, shooting something dangerous, and then remain a threat that needs to be dealt with in subsequent turns. Honestly, the stock loadout (PF+MM) is actually about as good as it gets, although taking a Heavy Flamer in addition wouldn't be a terrible choice. You can also make an argument to substitute a Reaper for the MM. The Power Scourge is likewise somewhat arguable, especially if you see stuff like Knights/Wraithknights a lot.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SRM posted:

Here's a couple stupidly soft focus photos I took with my phone:

And you bet I fortified this ruin:

We now return to "Days of our Bolter", followed by "General Apothecary"

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

LordAba posted:

And later, be sure to stay tuned for a very special episode of All the Emperor's Children.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Slimnoid posted:

:krad:

What'd you use for paints, anyway?

Thanks! I use mostly GW and some PP. The armor is copper over copper over tin, washed with Nihilakh Oxide, wiped down while still wet, hit with more copper, given a very light black wash, and then highlighted with more copper. Then I added loads of Typhon Corrosion when everything else was done, layered Blood for the Blood God onto the impact areas, and splattered more Blood all over the place by flicking a toothbrush from about a foot away. It was a huge mess, but a lot of fun and surprisingly fast by my standards.

The Impaler posted:

Absolutely brilliant, but that cloth and bone jump out as too bright. :(

The blue is way more subtle in person (I think it's a combination of the lighting and the lovely phone camera) but I think you're right about the bone. Not sure what to do about it--maybe I'll wash it brown and then use darker colors when I highlight it back up.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Goons, just throwing another reminder out there that I'm looking to sell my Beastmen. If you're interested, check out my post on the SA Mart!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3660318

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm probably going to take a stab at Dark Angels once I'm done with this Alaitoc force, painted in the Angels of Redemption scheme. Does anyone have any tips for painting halved/quartered power armor? It's gonna be a fun experience if it's just 'Get a steady hand.'

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

LordAba posted:

I have no idea how I got that greasy/soft focus look but I'm kind of loving the daytime TV look I got.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Sulecrist posted:

The three new guys:

The whole gang:

they all have names...

I really like the way you did these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm probably going to take a stab at Dark Angels once I'm done with this Alaitoc force, painted in the Angels of Redemption scheme. Does anyone have any tips for painting halved/quartered power armor? It's gonna be a fun experience if it's just 'Get a steady hand.'

I have some crimson/bronze halved GKs, and I found it's pretty easy to do your lighter color sloppy first, then tidy up the seam with black or something dark, then paint the second color right up to where the first color meets the black. Gives you a nice separation even if there's a thin line of black left, and gives you two chances to neaten it up. Also I found painting the straight edges with the brush perpendicular to the edge to be much easier than parallel.

• Locked thread