Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Beat the DLC Tuesday.

Got all my Loyce Souls Tuesday night.

Finally completed my no death no bonfire NG+2 run on Wednesday.

Where do we go from here? I've done it all. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Concurred posted:

Beat the DLC Tuesday.

Got all my Loyce Souls Tuesday night.

Finally completed my no death no bonfire NG+2 run on Wednesday.

Where do we go from here? I've done it all. :911:

Time to make stupid gimmick builds/do stupid gimmick runs!

Also go get all the cheevos.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Genocyber posted:

If you could it would make the fight, even with one knight, super easy. Just oneshot bs them whenever they come out.

Really? Are the charred knights just hyper-resistant to dark or something? Because on my NG character, even on the rare chance I managed to pull off a parry and riposte with a dark dagger +10, I'd do maybe 25% of their life. Whittling those guys down is a gigantic pain in the rear end when your character isn't built to poise-break them and usually rely on dagger backstabs to get through enemies.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sporkie posted:

Thanks for the solid run down of all the dex and dagger stuffs. One last question, somewhat related, did bleed ever get buffed?

Nope! It's just as bad as it always was. I was really hoping one of these DLCs would include a ring or piece of armor that changes the way bleed works so that it hurts more (or even just eliminates the bleed cooldown from the stamina drain), but it never happened. So bleed is just as worthless as it was when the game first came out.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I don't think I've ever bled something in this game, and I've wielded poo poo like the Falchion and katanas a lot. What a worthless bonus to a weapon.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyberventurer posted:

Really? Are the charred knights just hyper-resistant to dark or something? Because on my NG character, even on the rare chance I managed to pull off a parry and riposte with a dark dagger +10, I'd do maybe 25% of their life. Whittling those guys down is a gigantic pain in the rear end when your character isn't built to poise-break them and usually rely on dagger backstabs to get through enemies.

Nope, they just severely nerfed both dagger backstabs and ripostes in the latest patch. And they nerfed mundane scaling for daggers. The best small weapon I could find was a mundane everything-30 mail breaker, which does ~1200 in NG+.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't think I've ever bled something in this game, and I've wielded poo poo like the Falchion and katanas a lot. What a worthless bonus to a weapon.

You can bleed things extremely quickly with powerstanced +10 bleed claws. The problem is that the damage from bleeding is insignificant and the cooldown lasts long enough that you can't stack it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Are you supposed to be able to beat Elana when she summons Velstadt or are you just supposed to quit out and try again and hope she summons the skeletons instead? Obviously I'm sure it's possible but making Velstadt be at his usual level of aggressiveness was a god drat awful decision. I got close once while Velstadt was around but it was because Elana got boxed into the corner and couldn't teleport away. It's harder this way, sure, but it's not fun.

edit: Really when you think about it the Elana fight is just Ornstein and Smough 2, except they have swapped aggression levels.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Are you supposed to be able to beat Elana when she summons Velstadt or are you just supposed to quit out and try again and hope she summons the skeletons instead? Obviously I'm sure it's possible but making Velstadt be at his usual level of aggressiveness was a god drat awful decision. I got close once while Velstadt was around but it was because Elana got boxed into the corner and couldn't teleport away.

edit: Really when you think about it the Elana fight is just Ornstein and Smough 2, except Smough and Ornstein have swapped aggression levels.

Elana is nothing like O&S, if there's any analog to them in this game it's the Thrones.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The fight with two enemies, one a big strong heavy tank with a fuckoff hammer and one a slightly less strong stick-carrier that shoots magic projectiles at you in rapid succession, who have separate health bars and fighting styles that require you to keep both of them in your periphery at the same time is nothing like Ornstein and Smough?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

Nope! It's just as bad as it always was. I was really hoping one of these DLCs would include a ring or piece of armor that changes the way bleed works so that it hurts more (or even just eliminates the bleed cooldown from the stamina drain), but it never happened. So bleed is just as worthless as it was when the game first came out.

And they keep putting bleed on weapons that have no real reason to have it (I guess to nerf elemental infusions for them).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The thing that makes Ornstein and Smough different than any other muti-boss fight is one becomes super powered depending on how you kill them.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

CJacobs posted:

The fight with two enemies, one a big strong heavy tank with a fuckoff hammer and one a slightly less strong stick-carrier that shoots magic projectiles at you in rapid succession, who have separate health bars and fighting styles that require you to keep both of them in your periphery at the same time is nothing like Ornstein and Smough?

No, because Elana is nowhere near as aggressive as Ornstein is. And she doesn't regain health or get stronger when you beat Velstadt. That Velstadt has way less health than the real one, just draw him away from Elana to kill him and then go back to fighting her. Just make sure to watch out for volleys of dark orbs or lingering flames from Elana.

Also Elana can summon Velstadt more than once. One time when I was sunbroing we had to kill him 3 times!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sounds like as good a reason as any to not finish this DLC then!

edit: Although, better solution: Wait until she summons the skeletons and then just let one of them wander around uselessly because having one skeleton assisting her is much better than having to fight her and Velstadt.

vvv "But then you don't get to fight Sinh" is not an encouraging statement considering the things I have heard about the fight.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 2, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you don't beat Elana, you don't fight Sinh. Just summon Benehort or the steelehart, it's not a big deal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Elana is literally nothing like O&S, yes. She might not even spawn in Velstadt.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

CJacobs posted:

edit: Although, better solution: Wait until she summons the skeletons and then just let one of them wander around uselessly because having one skeleton assisting her is much better than having to fight her and Velstadt.

idk if this is different when solo but if you have a phantom she will definitely summon more poo poo even if other summons are out, but usually it has to drag out awhile for that to happen

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

CJacobs posted:

What's your SM at? I probably have a character close enough to pound her into the ground.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

vvv "But then you don't get to fight Sinh" is not an encouraging statement considering the things I have heard about the fight.

Sinh is a really fun boss fight.

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

CJacobs posted:

Are you supposed to be able to beat Elana when she summons Velstadt or are you just supposed to quit out and try again and hope she summons the skeletons instead? Obviously I'm sure it's possible but making Velstadt be at his usual level of aggressiveness was a god drat awful decision. I got close once while Velstadt was around but it was because Elana got boxed into the corner and couldn't teleport away. It's harder this way, sure, but it's not fun.

edit: Really when you think about it the Elana fight is just Ornstein and Smough 2, except they have swapped aggression levels.

What kind of build are you even using to have that much trouble with that boss fight?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Are people using CE or whatever save game editor to pump up their shard or dragon bone count getting softbanned on PC? What % of the multiplayer population do you all think is doing this?

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

CJacobs posted:

don't be so crestfallen, murder everything for their souls, it's the chosen undead way

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Sinh is a hell of a fun fight with co op. Quit being such a baby.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sinh is a fun fight alone, the problem is that sometimes he likes to be a dick and stay airborne way too much. It prolongs the fight. Still one of the better bosses in the game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Veldstat that Elena summons also dies in like 3 hits, even with 2 phantoms helping.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Pro Tac: Elana won't summon more folks if there's any left of the previous summon so if she makes skeletons or pigs, just leave one alive and focus on Elana instead. You won't have to deal with Velstadt at all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

She never summoned the pigs for me and I feel like a less complete person for it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Manatee Cannon posted:

She never summoned the pigs for me and I feel like a less complete person for it.

Apparently her summoning the piggies makes the fight even easier.

Unless you have problems with Majula piggies

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Elana suommoned skeletons for me when Velstadt was out and summoned more skeletons even when him and 1 skeleton was left alive.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Pro Tac: Elana won't summon more folks if there's any left of the previous summon so if she makes skeletons or pigs, just leave one alive and focus on Elana instead. You won't have to deal with Velstadt at all.

This is in fact not true. The time I gave up fighting it solo was when she decided to summon skeletons while Velstadt was still around.

Just summon help and kill her and move on to more fun things like I did, CJacobs.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Andrast posted:

Sinh is a really fun boss fight.

Seconding this.
One look at him after the charge and I was 'Yeeeessssss Im so going to cut your tail off'.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Seconding this.
One look at him after the charge and I was 'Yeeeessssss Im so going to cut your tail off'.

What's up with the lack of tail weapons in DS2 though, seriously.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Count Bleck posted:

Apparently her summoning the piggies makes the fight even easier.

Unless you have problems with Majula piggies

The very first time I picked up the game I spent about ten minutes trying to kill those pigs with a broken broken straight sword. I've been wary of them ever since.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
How dare you, HOW loving DARE YOU compare the Elana boss fight to the godlike Ornstein and Smough duo boss fight. Nothing in the Dank Soul 2 compares to that boss fight. For that reason alone ishouldhavebeentheonetofillurdarksoul1withliiiiight is way superior to its alleged "sequel". gently caress you and die. Grr, I'm so mad right now I can't even use the exclamation point.

In other news, does anybody know if beating a boss makes it harder for other people to summon you for the same boss fight? I've plopped down my sign at the Ivory King entrance, like, a dozen times, and I only got summoned once. I mean yeah, at this point I'm at Soul Memory 7 million in NG, but still. Come on guys, you're making it really hard to justify soul memory.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CJacobs posted:

Summon Aegis has like no HP. Either just murder him or get good dodging at just focus the dark lady.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

Gologle posted:

How dare you, HOW loving DARE YOU compare the Elana boss fight to the godlike Ornstein and Smough duo boss fight. Nothing in the Dank Soul 2 compares to that boss fight. For that reason alone ishouldhavebeentheonetofillurdarksoul1withliiiiight is way superior to its alleged "sequel". gently caress you and die. Grr, I'm so mad right now I can't even use the exclamation point.

In other news, does anybody know if beating a boss makes it harder for other people to summon you for the same boss fight? I've plopped down my sign at the Ivory King entrance, like, a dozen times, and I only got summoned once. I mean yeah, at this point I'm at Soul Memory 7 million in NG, but still. Come on guys, you're making it really hard to justify soul memory.

I was cooping Ivory King earlier tonight and saw two suicides and a black crystal after the Charred Knight phase. People still desperate for Loyce soul farm. Its just getting weird.

Tallgeese, do you have a habit of putting orange messages on tops of pillars in the middle of nowhere?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay, what chest are you guys talking about in Majula? The one with the Soul Vessel? Does that have new weapons?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Got it in one. They don't actually SAY what they are, it's just the regular name, but the weapon texture is different.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Giant Isopod posted:

What's up with the lack of tail weapons in DS2 though, seriously.

Which is a shame because there are more body parts to cut off to cut in 2.

Give me the Rottens arm weapon From.