Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Which is a shame because there are more body parts to cut off to cut in 2.

Give me the Rottens arm weapon From.

Pharros Lock Hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Okay, what chest are you guys talking about in Majula? The one with the Soul Vessel? Does that have new weapons?

Yeah, that chest. Theres some trick to making it reload with the item.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Warp somewhere else while online, then warp back to Majula. If you aren't online the chest will never update.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Honestly I'm pretty happy there are no tail weapons, that was annoying in Dark Souls. Just be a drop when you kill it.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Honestly I'm pretty happy there are no tail weapons, that was annoying in Dark Souls. Just be a drop when you kill it.

I thought it was a neat challenge :shobon:, I like it when games offer you the chance to make them more difficult for rewards.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

From, why would you nerf bare fists? Caestus should not be faster than no weapon at all.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Have people posted the DLC's item IDs anywhere?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Thumbtacks posted:

Have people posted the DLC's item IDs anywhere?

The first 2 DLCs yes.

I have decimal for the third, you just have to convert them since I only spawned things in for testing then moved on with out writing down the hex. Also I only half remember what each one was, generally things go in a logical order.

Don't know how kindly people would take me dropping them here and you don't have plat so try good old google. They aren't hard to find(the first 2 at least).

As for not getting caught, always be offline and never ever gently caress with soul memory. Also like Tallgeese said, make your poo poo from scratch so you don't +10/infuse something you shouldn't. I've been cheating orbs in from the start and I'm still not touched.

I was disappointed by the lack of power stance specials on the Ice Rapier and Ivory King UGS. Old smelter sword and new smelter sword make up for it though with pretty lights.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Manatee Cannon posted:

You're a monster

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Van Kraken posted:

From, why would you nerf bare fists? Caestus should not be faster than no weapon at all.

My favorite character was a Vanquisher's Seal (that I farmed using the Rhoy method) pugilist and that nerf completely killed my interest in the game for now.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Be a monk with the bone fist. Cool movesets for cool people.

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
Won twice at launch... quit and waited for the expansions. Are there any particularly fun builds I should use for playing through the DLC?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Well huh. I must just kill her too fast for her to summon again. At least I swear that it gets offset if there's still some around, it feels like it takes longer.

Gologle posted:

How dare you, HOW loving DARE YOU compare the Elana boss fight to the godlike Ornstein and Smough duo boss fight. Nothing in the Dank Soul 2 compares to that boss fight. For that reason alone ishouldhavebeentheonetofillurdarksoul1withliiiiight is way superior to its alleged "sequel". gently caress you and die. Grr, I'm so mad right now I can't even use the exclamation point.

This is a bad post.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Gologle posted:

How dare you, HOW loving DARE YOU compare the Elana boss fight to the godlike Ornstein and Smough duo boss fight. Nothing in the Dank Soul 2 compares to that boss fight. For that reason alone ishouldhavebeentheonetofillurdarksoul1withliiiiight is way superior to its alleged "sequel". gently caress you and die. Grr, I'm so mad right now I can't even use the exclamation point.

Ironically or not quit gettin' mad at video games.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Van Kraken posted:

Because people were bitching about it because they're dumb.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Fists were dumb.

The DLC was disappointing. I haven't beat the two tigers yet.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Well, I kicked Elana's rear end on my first try tonight. It turns out all I needed to do was take a break and come back (and pull out my greatsword). On the one hand, I'm glad From realized Nashandra was piss easy and made her harder to fight. On the other, I think they took a fair number of steps in the right direction and then a couple in the wrong one in their attempt at doing so.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Manatee Cannon posted:

I agree. Chopping off tails is cool. Having to chop them off to get an item you want is lame.

Also the reward rarely makes sense. This vagina dentata crocodile has an axe in its tail somehow? What?

Concurred posted:

Beat the DLC Tuesday.

Got all my Loyce Souls Tuesday night.

Finally completed my no death no bonfire NG+2 run on Wednesday.

Where do we go from here? I've done it all. :911:

SL1 run (no magic allowed of course)

The ultimate challenge in Demons and Dark IMO is the no souls run. You're not allowed to spend any souls at any point, so base SL, no buying anything, and no upgrading anything. There are a lot more upgraded things in DS2 than the previous two and weapons autorepair at bonfire so I don't know if it's as bad, but it's still pretty bad. You can use whatever starting character you want though.

raton fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 3, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Beat Sinh on the first try too. It seems a thirst for angry vengeance can make anyone better at Dark Souls. The Sinh fight was much cooler than the Elana fight but fighting dragons in this game still sucks by nature.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 3, 2014

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

The ultimate challenge in Demons and Dark IMO is the no souls run. You're not allowed to spend any souls at any point, so base SL, no buying anything, and no upgrading anything. There are a lot more upgraded things in DS2 than the previous two and weapons autorepair at bonfire so I don't know if it's as bad, but it's still pretty bad. You can use whatever starting character you want though.

I tried this back in the day, I think I got 2 (3?) archdemons down before giving up.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
So I got back into the DLC today after not being able to play for a bit and what do you know I found the pit to the boss on my first try. :downs:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Read posted:

I tried this back in the day, I think I got 2 (3?) archdemons down before giving up.

I finished a SL1 melee only all black phantoms run and that was enough for me. Had a bitch of a time with the False King then put the game away for like two weeks and beat him the next time I picked it up.

Let the candle maiden live.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

The very first time I picked up the game I spent about ten minutes trying to kill those pigs with a broken broken straight sword. I've been wary of them ever since.

Died twice to the pigs. With a broadsword. At SL 10. :smith:

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

I finished a SL1 melee only all black phantoms run and that was enough for me. Had a bitch of a time with the False King then put the game away for like two weeks and beat him the next time I picked it up.

Let the candle maiden live.

Yeah I've done SL 1 PBWT, gently caress 4-2 forever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The holy knight Aurheim invasion in the ivory king DLC is awesome. I didn't die to it thanks to a message on the ground but man I'm glad From branched out with the invader AI.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That is one thing I really like about the invading NPCS in the DLC, they are pretty creative.

Also yeah dragon fights are tricky to make fun but hey at least Sinh wasn't a pain in the rear end one shoter like Anicent Dragon.

That fight just sucks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kalameet and Sinh are the dragons they got right. I like Guardian Dragon as well, but he's just too easy and tries to make up for his small health pool by orbiting the arena. Thankfully they stopped making them environmental hazards like the red and blue dragons of Demon's Souls and the hellkite drake in Dark Souls 1, those are just tedious.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
At least Sinh can't kill you in one hit. Consider my blessings counted.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sheep-Goats posted:

I agree. Chopping off tails is cool. Having to chop them off to get an item you want is lame.

Also the reward rarely makes sense. This vagina dentata crocodile has an axe in its tail somehow? What?

Japanese myth.
Orochi, the 8 headed 8 tailed serpent/dragon, had a sword within its middle tail which was retrived by Susanoo when he cut it off.

Funnily enough his original sword was broken at that point so now im wondering if thats a hidden requirement for 2's non existent tail weapons.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.
I've been checking out horror movies I haven't seen to watch this Halloween and realized this movie and especially its opening scene are probably the inspiration for the Penal Mask and its description.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15gmcu_mask-of-satan-aka-black-sunday_shortfilms

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

^thats dope yo'

I was playing through the DLC for the first time and I glitched out this Giant. If you get him to follow you through this hole he vanishes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJoV9ety10
Probably works with other enemies, too.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

^thats dope yo'

I was playing through the DLC for the first time and I glitched out this Giant. If you get him to follow you through this hole he vanishes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJoV9ety10
Probably works with other enemies, too.

Yeah Enemies seem have a render distance cutoff that looks to be tied to their spawn position.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Let me preface by saying i played this final DLC on NG++ so enemies are much harder and there are added red phantoms.

I would say Ivory King was the most enjoyable DLC in terms of level layout, but the enemies were not particularly interesting (frozen soldiers, frozen golems, frozen other dogs, frozen horses, those stupid hedgehog things, etc.) and they hit so hard that I resorted to Giant Club R2s for most of the area. I also feel like doing the frozen outskirts is nearly entirely pointless since the only reward is some gear/souls I won't use anyway, and the vision impairment gimmick is incredibly lame. I had a lot of trouble with Aava, but the Ivory King went down on my second try with no problems. I'd rank this overall above Sunken King, but below Old Iron King in terms of enjoyment. I did really enjoy the continued improvement do AI invader intelligence and hope they gear it up even more in upcoming games.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Honestly, yeah, that's how I would rank the DLC too. Sunken King I just did not like, even though it had some sweet gear, and I liked Old Iron King overall the most.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like all 3 DLCs but I'm playing the ivory king one now and the frigid outskirts is a load of god drat bullshit. I haven't seen such a massive, wasted, empty and un-navigable area since the huge desert in Ratchet and Clank that served only as a monster hive so you could collect plot crystals. The fog clearing every few minutes so you can look around is totally pointless because you can't see the bridge you are supposed to be heading towards because it's in a valley at the far end.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The main issue with the Ivory King DLC enemies is that they hit really hard and seem to have too much Poise. Two-handed spear attacks wouldn't stagger them, and while I stubbornly refused to use a shield it's probably the one time that's actually optimal. Didn't try falling back on 2H Longsword pokes with the Stone Ring, maybe that could've stunlocked them, but they all have huge reach since most of them are packing spears or that ice rapier.

Also the cats hit way too loving hard and their hitboxes are hosed. Raime and Alonne are definitely my favorite bosses of the DLC, although I also really liked the Ivory King fight. Sinh annoyed me because he never would stay on the ground, Elana seemed kinda dull.

What are the Ivory King DLC enemies weak to, anyway? I tried a normal Club and a Chaos Rapier and they seemed to shrug them both off, but my Lightning Heide Spear did pretty decent (2-3 shotting, 2 shots to stagger).

EDIT: Also the Loyce Greatsword is pretty neat, it's a Bastard Sword with better length and a really nice 2H R2. If you're Dexterity and disappointed in the Mirrah Greatswords it might do something for you.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 3, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dark. Terribly weak to dark relative to the other elementals. And I think theyre a bit more resistant to thrust than the other two.

This is for the Loyce Soldiers, I havent really tested the Rampart Golems and regular Golems. The shapeshifty ice cryatal guys though seem to have no extra defense against slash, which is weird.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 3, 2014

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Dark. Terribly weak to dark relative to the other elementals. And I think theyre a bit more resistant to thrust than the other two.
See I would've thought Fire would be what you'd use against enemies in a snow DLC, especially the guys that are covered in ice, but what do I know apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Elana is the only DLC boss I beat on my first go. Vestaldt is slow as molasses, the triple skeleton spawn is more frightening to me. Perhaps not because combined they attack more frequently than Vestaldt, but rather they scare me because they have very little health and I'll actually try to kill them. Vestaldt is easy to dodge and completely ignorable to me.

Nakar posted:

The main issue with the Ivory King DLC enemies is that they hit really hard and seem to have too much Poise.
I can poise break the trash-mobs in Ivory King with a single estoc R2? :confused: I don't even dodge if it's 1-on-1 with them - just R2, R2, then R2 and they die. Even the ones with the spikey icicle-backs take two R2's from an estoc to interrupt their attack, which is faster than their attack wind-ups provided you get the first poke in.

The ones with spikey icicle-backs and magical transformer hands are different and not trash mobs. You gotta take those humanoid-sized enemies even more seriously than the giant-ish sized knights that practically beg you to backstab them.