Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
There were only like three issues of Deadpool with bad art and I don't think it was because of Original Sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Edit: Whoah, way too big.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

muscles like this? posted:

Wow! This guy was still around in the early 1970s when I lived in England but he looked more like a red Tylenol bottle by then.

EDIT:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think this is from Warlock And The Infinity Watch, but no idea of the number.

Add your own Guardians Of The Galaxy puns.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Say Nothing posted:

I think this is from Warlock And The Infinity Watch, but no idea of the number.

Add your own Guardians Of The Galaxy puns.

World Wrestling Entertainment has suspended David Batista for 30 days due to wellness violation.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

That looks familiar...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cangelosi posted:

That looks familiar...

Sigh. Another teacher caught in a sex scandal.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

These are in the wrong order chronologically, so it's clear to me that he's punching the alligator to death in a revenge attack after it ate his entire class while he was out terrorising a single truant. And look at his loving expression - he doesn't give a poo poo that all those children are dead, the soulless bastard.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dunked.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If the kid is in uniform and in a car, isn't it much more likely that he is out with his parents? Iron Teacher's crude mechanical brain cares nothing for the fact that the boy's mother is in the hospital; it only sees that he isn't in class. I just hope that someone had the forethought to include holidays, vacations, graduation and death to Iron Teacher's programming.

Also, "He can kill an alligator with one punch!" has a definite subtext of "So just imagine what he could do to you. OBEY."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Serious Frolicking posted:

If the kid is in uniform and in a car, isn't it much more likely that he is out with his parents? Iron Teacher's crude mechanical brain cares nothing for the fact that the boy's mother is in the hospital; it only sees that he isn't in class. I just hope that someone had the forethought to include holidays, vacations, graduation and death to Iron Teacher's programming.

Do you mean a death in the family, or if the schoolkid himself is dead? Because I'm seeing a classroom stuffed to the gills with child corpses if someone programmed him wrong.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Do you mean a death in the family, or if the schoolkid himself is dead? Because I'm seeing a classroom stuffed to the gills with child corpses if someone programmed him wrong.

The latter. Considering its reaction to what may well be a death in the family is to assault a car and abduct a child (back to class), it is already too late for the former.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm kind of surprised the Iron Teacher was invented in the 40s, but Iron Man only came about in the 60s.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Serious Frolicking posted:

Go eat a dick, Truancy-Bot!

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XXXXX-treme 80's makeover

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I want the epitaph on my tombstone to read "Can kill an alligator with one punch."

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm kind of surprised the Iron Teacher was invented in the 40s, but Iron Man only came about in the 60s.

I recall that he was also referred to as an Iron Man. So you were right about the 60's, just the wrong century.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The best part of the alligator cover is how the Iron Teacher just murdering the gently caress out of that alligator, which is just swimming along minding it's own business.

"Exist in your own ecosystem, will you? UPPERCUT!"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Random Stranger posted:

I want the epitaph on my tombstone to read "Can kill an alligator with one punch."

"Tried to kill an alligator with one punch"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Random Stranger posted:

I want mine to read "ASSUMED he could kill an alligator with one punch."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
"Punched to death by an alligator."

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
"Never trust those drat alligators."

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Obviously the second line would read, "There were two of them."

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Random Stranger posted:

Obviously the second line would read, "There were two of them."

More like "unable to tell them apart from crocodiles."

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"Oh no, that Injun's about to kill that poor white man, begging for his life! Quick Steam Man, use your metal body and presumably superhuman strength to get us the gently caress out of here! I'll keep my rifle at the ready to make sure the Injun doesn't follow!"

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Knormal posted:

"Oh no, that Injun's about to kill that poor white man, begging for his life! Quick Steam Man, use your metal body and presumably superhuman strength to get us the gently caress out of here! I'll keep my rifle at the ready to make sure the Injun doesn't follow!"
I know you're just being silly, but if you look closely, you can read the caption of the drawing:

The Steam Man of the Plains posted:

"Halt!" The command pealed from Charley's lips as his rifle flew to his shoulder. Frank pulled a rod and shut off the steam.
So, uh, I guess that's 'Frank' in the front then? And they were just passing by when they saw the 'Injun' and are coming to a screeching halt, gun at the ready.

EDIT: also, apparently you can still buy this presumably riveting story, though for considerably more than a dime.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 2, 2014

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

EDIT: also, apparently you can still buy this presumably riveting story, though for considerably more than a dime.

Why buy it? http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/7506

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Silver Surfer #6

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One ugly clusterfuck of a cover.

What the hell is going on with Sonic's hand?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
At least Ken Penders surely learned from that and didn't make the same mistake twice.

Oh dear.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

General Ironicus posted:

At least Ken Penders surely learned from that and didn't make the same mistake twice.

Oh dear.

This might very well be the ugliest thing I ever did see.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

General Ironicus posted:

Oh dear.

There's so many things wrong with that picture it's like my brain doesn't know where to start.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Out of everything going on in that cover, of all the things I could nit-pick about, my absolute favorite is the TOMORROWS being too wide to fit into the frame.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Babe Magnet posted:

Out of everything going on in that cover, of all the things I could nit-pick about, my absolute favorite is the TOMORROWS being too wide to fit into the frame.

It's not even centered -- the T is closer to its edge than the S is to its.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

holy poo poo

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Silver Surfer #6

I love that googie space gas station.

Who's the artist? It looks like the same person that did that one with Tony Stark and the guy with antennae fighting each other.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Same guy. Mike Allred.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
That's a different story, which inspired the one in the picture. I did dig around a bit, trying to find an e-version of the story, but without success.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Already posted two pages ago, ya feeb. :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

General Ironicus posted:

Oh dear.
Why are you posting weird fan art?

Oh, right.
Penders.

Gah!

• Locked thread