Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Massachusetts has had 3? 4? tornados since I bought my house. The first one passed right by me (literally missed me by half a mile, the day I moved in, with no home insurance and all my belongings in the living room in boxes.)

I'm not really a fan and they were super weak tornados. You guys in the south are welcome to take your missing tornados back anytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Ya'll need to leave your toilet states and move to a nice calm safe state...

Actually, no don't. We don't want your bullshit here.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Slow is Fast posted:

Ya'll need to leave your toilet states and move to a nice calm safe state...

Actually, no don't. We don't want your bullshit here.

Maine has natural disasters, but they are of the human variety.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

goatse guy posted:

Maine has natural disasters, but they are of the human variety.

Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

Also poisonous spiders by state:

http://www.venombyte.com/venom/spiders/venomous_spiders_by_state.asp

Maine

No dangerously venomous spiders are known to exist in Maine.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

this is going to be my costume this year

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The one good thing about working 4 10's is that I get Fridays off now. So loving tired.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The one good thing about working 4 10's is that I get Fridays off now. So loving tired.
Yeah, I get half-day Fridays due to working a little longer Mon-Thur, but I tend to work Friday afternoons anyway a lot of the time, as well as weekend stuff.

Today, I finished at noon, and am not due back in until Monday. I actually have to figure out what the hell I'm doing with myself for the next couple of days.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

We were offered that option in the summer. I didn't do it. I'd still have to pay full-time for daycare (the price only changes if they go three days or fewer), and then I'd have to get stuff down around the house.

Nah, I think I'll just keep on working five eights.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Slow is Fast posted:

Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

A few months ago, I drove across the northern portion of Minnesota. Before my trip, I closed my eyes and imagined that the scenery was much like Maine, but less lovely -- pine forests blanketing the landscape, dotted with pristine picturesque lakes. But nope, it was just as lovely as NEAI had made Maine out to be, with houses covered in Tyvek wrapping and yards filled with junked vehicles and appliances.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I just finished getting caught up on a couple of threads (work has been busy), and I also just closed the craigslist tab I had open.

I want a 500SL from the early 90's sooooooooo bad. I need to sell some other cars (and finish the All-Trac) before I can even look at them. But I want one.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Well the job site I'm at right now is a 2hr round trip commute so it's more like 4 12's. The extra day off saves me $25 in gas too so it's well worth it. poo poo, we worked an extra hour on Wednesday just so we could GTFO an hour early yesterday.

Also -- Doing telephone pole line work in the rain loving SUCKS. The customers' nasty rear end dirt floor basements I have to crawl through also SUCK. First house I did yesterday had a 3ft tall basement I had to crawl under and a big spider landed on my head. I screamed like a little bitch.

And my project manager wants me to get my DOT card so I can drive the bucket truck so I had to quit smoking weed again for the next month. Ughghghghghgh.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Same schedule I'm on, only I'm on grave. That Friday never works out, I almost always end up spending it asleep after 4 12's.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So I've been fighting off a cold for the last two weeks and yesterday I finally started feeling better

...until 2pm when I broke out into a sweat and my joints started aching. By the time I got home from work at 5pm I had a temperature of 103F. Slept from 5:30pm till 4am when I woke up from a panic attack and apparently the fever breaking and it was down to 99.9F, so I go into work today and end up having to leave two hours into the shift because it went back up to 101F and I didn't want to get anybody sick.

:gonk:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Half-day Friday every Friday. Aerospace mostly sucks but it has a few perks. :toot:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

So I've been fighting off a cold for the last two weeks and yesterday I finally started feeling better

...until 2pm when I broke out into a sweat and my joints started aching. By the time I got home from work at 5pm I had a temperature of 103F. Slept from 5:30pm till 4am when I woke up from a panic attack and apparently the fever breaking and it was down to 99.9F, so I go into work today and end up having to leave two hours into the shift because it went back up to 101F and I didn't want to get anybody sick.

:gonk:

You shouldn't have gone to work in the first place. :shrek:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I went for what I thought would be a 2 mile run through a local park this morning. I got lost in the woods and it turned into 4.5 miles. My shorts and underarmour shirt are covered in those little prickly loving seeds that stick to everything on the planet.

I don't want to go to work tonight.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Geirskogul posted:

You shouldn't have gone to work in the first place. :shrek:

If you don't go to work, you get 1 point. If you go to work but leave early, you get half a point. Once you get three points, you get a write-up.

Plus I really need the money so I was hoping I'd be able to finish the 8 hour shift, especially since the fever broke and that usually means it's over and done with. I didn't anticipate getting another fever :/

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

We have a movie theater here that has full table service in the theater. They call their white russians "The Dude's White Russian".

I always manage to rack up something stupid like a $50 tab every time I go there, between food and drinks.

There's a Big Lebowski themed bar in Reykjavik Iceland called Lebowski Bar. First time I ever had a white Russian then I switched to their Chocolate Russians (same thing with chocolate milk) and it was fantastic. They were around $12 and $14 a piece because alcohol is really expensive in Iceland (a fifth of Jack is $70) but gently caress it. Plus my friends and I almost got into a fight with an absolutely plastered Greenlander and another American we met there bought us shots and beer. Easily my favorite bar, too bad it's a six hour plane ride away.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

If you don't go to work, you get 1 point. If you go to work but leave early, you get half a point. Once you get three points, you get a write-up.

Plus I really need the money so I was hoping I'd be able to finish the 8 hour shift, especially since the fever broke and that usually means it's over and done with. I didn't anticipate getting another fever :/
As a healthcare worker, I kind of want to strangle you.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress jobs that punish you for getting sick (unless you call in an excessive amount), like that's something you really have control over.

And yeah if you are sick don't go to work, nobody wants to be around a plague-carrier.

Every time I've called in my boss was just like "ok man, hope you feel better, later"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Geirskogul posted:

As a healthcare worker, I kind of want to strangle you.
As a healthcare worker, that's kind of a weird thing to do!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

jammyozzy posted:

Half-day Friday every Friday. Aerospace mostly sucks but it has a few perks. :toot:

We get that in the automotive sector too

Poet's day

Piss
Off
Early
Tomorrow's
Saturday

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Terrible Robot posted:

gently caress jobs that punish you for getting sick (unless you call in an excessive amount), like that's something you really have control over.

And yeah if you are sick don't go to work, nobody wants to be around a plague-carrier.

Every time I've called in my boss was just like "ok man, hope you feel better, later"

gently caress jobs that don't necessarily punish you but don't make it easy either.

If I call in sick, all my work is still there with the same due dates, and now I have to work twice as hard to get the work done. As such, I'm only calling in sick if I'm on my death bed.

Vacations are the same way. Taking a week off sucks because coming back in and having to work twice as hard for two weeks just sucks.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn, I'm starting to really enjoy driving this stickshift dump truck at work. I finally get why you guys rave about stuff with manual transmissions, they're a blast when you nail your gear changes. I don't think I've ever thought of using "Dually Silverado dump truck" and "fun" in the same sentence until this week.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cage posted:

As a healthcare worker, that's kind of a weird thing to do!

As a healthcare worker, you'd want to, too.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Terrible Robot posted:

My work's starting to lean this way too, because a few of our techs are up to a week and a half overspent on their PTO for the year already.

We get three bloody weeks. I want to strangle them, because it means I get an inquisition every time I want a day off.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

some texas redneck posted:

One tree doesn't know how to tree anymore
Laughed way too hard at this. it could be because I'm drunk.

Germany's unification day was a success I think. I drank a poo poo load of beer and ate a bunch of curryywurst. Got over my anxiety of Berlin's mass transit and traveled everywhere tipsy and/or drunk. Managed to keep a buzz and/or drink from 11am to now (8:30pm) and I'm now headed out for dinner with drinks. I'd say this was a good bank holiday.

Not sure wtf I'm going to do for the rest of the weekend. Have a 3 day unlimited travel pass for u/s bahn and busses. May just sit my rear end on a train/bus and see the city tomorrow.

Oh yeah, currywurst is awesome.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 4, 2014

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Tire guys where i used to work don't get sick days unless it's not busy. And even then you still come in every morning, and just hope you get sent home after your first fleet check. But when it's just you, your service truck and some trailers the risk of getting someone else sick is pretty low.
Either way I'm glad to be out of there and In a place where I can just call in for whatever reason.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Reminder that the United States is the only developed country in the world that does not have legislation giving workers sick time or vacation time

are country :usa:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

I can't find the drat thread I stole this avatar from, now. It was about that stupid Canadian haunted house that has been the same for nearly a decade but still people are afraid of it. :(

Which reminds me, I need a gas chainsaw. Best "haunted house" I remember as a little kid had someone dressed up as Generic Killer #905, and used a gas chainsaw as a prop (chain removed). Always wanted to do that. Bet that I'd spend less on candy NEXT year. :q:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Terrible Robot posted:

I emailed my boss at 5:30 am once. "not coming in, i have the death"

And he was like lol ok

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Talked to a friend of family who manages a dealership, and he is going to give me a heads up if anyone trades in a manual car in my price range. Hopefully I don't end up with a piece of junk. :buddy:

(it's probably gonna be junk)

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Viggen posted:

I can't find the drat thread I stole this avatar from, now. It was about that stupid Canadian haunted house that has been the same for nearly a decade but still people are afraid of it. :(

It fits you to a 'V'

:haw:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Viggen posted:

It's been Goldmined.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

From September thread:

meatpimp posted:

something something post pictures

Any excuse to whore myself out :v:

I've been racing with my old man for several years now, and it's (mostly) always been fun. However this year, rider #255 in the last picture, a guy started his first year racing after doing trackdays since the late '90s.

Both of us have been trading positions all summer, and the fact that the racing has been consistently SO CLOSE between the two of us turned this year into :getin: levels of fun.

tl;dr: We're both getting bumped up to Expert next season, and are going to get stomped hard. Also, this is totally a CA post, but you guys are cooler, and CA seems pretty dead lately.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

You are a ballsy, brave man :stare:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Bucephalus posted:

It's been Goldmined.

Already? drat.

So, I put Bosch Platinum +4s in the '96 Ford 4.0 V6. I noticed a plug wire was pretty loose when attached- feels like it broke in the boot somewhere, so I replaced it with another one I had.

Once it warms up, it starts misfiring. I let it run a couple minutes, and it kept running on the new plugs (finally - it wouldn't stay running on the NGKs), but continued to misfire. Kicked up to about 3K RPM to warm it up a little faster and to enjoy that luxurious backfire when it kicked down to about 800 RPM.

It won't set a code, and doesn't seem to even identify that it IS misfiring. The exhaust smells pretty rich. All I can think of doing next is testing the injectors, but for fucks' sake, it was running just fine on the lovely old plugs. Do I put them back? :ohdear:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Anecdotally, according to a lot of different forum users, some cars tend to run bad on those fancy types of plugs.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

CharlesM posted:

Anecdotally, according to a lot of different forum users, some cars tend to run bad on those fancy types of plugs.

Wait until I show you what it did to the NGKs that were in it for a whole day. :q:

It had at least a decade old Bosch Platinum P2s in it. They were pretty worn out.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

CharlesM posted:

Yep, my Volvo hated the fancy Bosch no-gap million prong techno plugs but loves lovely NGKs. :shrug:

• Locked thread